15

Voice of my Heart

 

After that, it wasn't easy getting your life back on track. It was hard ignoring all the whispers, stares, and laughs behind your back. It hurt, it definitely hurt, but deep down, you knew you deserved it for the way you'd been acting.
 
You spotted your old friends at their usual place in the school courtyard, huddling together to keep warm while they waited for the front doors to open. Sungyeol spotted you first as you took apprehensive steps towards them.
 
"Look what the cat dragged in," he said with a small smile on his face. Everyone turned to look at you. They'd all heard what happened over the weekend. It was all over the school, and it didn't help that Krystal was gloating about it to everyone who would bother to listen.
 
"I... I wanted to apologize. For the way I've been acting. I'm really sorry, and I know sorry doesn't change the way I treated you guys but..."
 
Everyone glanced around at each other before Sungjong smiled and opened his arms. "There's always a place for you here."
 
You almost cried as you were surrounded by a group hug from your friends. "Just do us a favor. When we tell you someone's an , please believe us."
 
"Okay, I promise," you said with a laugh.
 
--
 
Woohyun tried to apologize to you. He followed you around the school, pleading and apologizing. You kept telling him to leave you alone, and that you didn't want anything else to do with him anymore.
 
"Please don't be like this. It was an accident! I was drunk, and anyone looks pretty when you're drunk."
 
"Just get away from me. Go get Krystal. She wants you. I don't."
 
"But-"
 
"I'm the laughing stock of the school. I can't go anywhere without people laughing at me, talking about me behind my back. They say I'm stupid, but I'd be stupid for forgiving you. Just leave me the hell alone, Woohyun!"
 
He watched, completely dumbfounded as you walked off. His anger got the best of him as his hands curled into fists and his eyes narrowed.
 
"That's fine! She has a nicer body and kisses better than you anyway!"