33

Voice of my Heart

 

You worked from seven in the morning until three in the afternoon. The store didn't open until eight, and you were there early to help set up and restock in the morning.
 
The owner didn't want you working too late at the store because she believed that afternoons were for having fun, especially at your age.
 
Myungsoo called you every night to tell you about what he was doing in Japan. Every now and then, you phone would vibrate at work, and you'd see a picture of something odd he found in Japan with a note underneath.
 
With Myungsoo gone, you were free to spend time with your other friends. You spent most of your afternoons with Amber and Sungjong, sometimes with Dongwoo,  Hoya, and Sungyeol.
 
And when they were all busy, you spent time at the park reading or making sketches. It wasn't until two weeks into your job that you found something to really occupy your time.
 
It was a slow day at work, and you'd brought your sketch pad to draw aimlessly. The owner walked by and saw you drawing a mannequin in the store with the clothes on it.
 
"That's pretty good. Have you ever thought about becoming a fashion designer?"
 
You laughed and shook your head. "No, not really. I don't know how to sew or anything," you said, frowning at your drawing.
 
"You can always learn. Listen, there's a workshop today on how to make a ten way dress. You should stay for it and see if you like it."
 
You pursed your lips. You didn't really have anything planned for the rest of the day. "I guess I could. Doesn't hurt to try, right?"