Chapter 9 "no rest"

Freezing warmness

After young saeng left hyun was still angry, he shouted while throwing anything that was on the table. The plates and cups shattered on the ground. The anger take control of him again. All the maids were afraid and didn’t know what to do till they heard the healer who walked inside the room and run to hyun quickly. He put his hands on hyuns temper and repeat something. Hyun let the healer do what he was doing and after just some seconds he was calm again “how did you realized?”

“I was awake and hear the men shouting and moving and felt that I would be needed here. How are you?” kyu asked after removing his hands. He saw the blood near hyun’s mouth “are you hurt? What is this blood?”

“It’s not mine” hyun said slowly before sitting on the chair.

“your highness you should control yourself more. What if you hurt yourself. What if you burn everything.” kyu said while examining every where in him.

“I’m alright. You don’t have to check me” hyun said annoyed “it’s not me who you should check. you should check south prince and don’t heal the wound just cure it normally. You have used many of you power these days.” Hyun take out the robe and throw in on the ground “ it’s his blood.”

“are you worried about that man” kyu was trying to read how hyun was feeling right now.

Hyun looked in kyu’s eyes “what are you doing? Are you trying to read me? Kyu you know that I worked on it and now you can’t see them if I don’t let you.” His lips curved up in a smile “It’s not because I am worried about him. I need him to work, beyond my expectations he is a good slave and he works good. Now go” he ended his talk and waited for kyu to leave.

Sometimes he lost controlling his anger and every time he would do something that he regret. The south prince’s words weren’t wrong. He and his father were not the one behind this and young saeng had done something that no one can do easily.

In war, killing was unpreventable, if you not fight you will be dead. If you not kill, someone will definitely kill you but killing the citizens was not something that you normally do. He himself was in oath to protect his people. If he was in young saeng shoes he would definitely do the same but not himself and even if someone else had done it he felt guilty about it for all his life. Because it would be his order at the end.

The man didn’t order his army, he himself burned them all, carrying all the burden himself. He was a heartless man, the icy prince but he couldn’t hide the pain in his eyes when talking about the killing.

Hyun hate it. He hate being in debt of the man and that was the reason he became so angry. He didn’t think carefully about the matter and before considering anything became angry. He hate being indebt of anyone at all. All of this doesn’t change the fact that they were enemies and he betrayed his country but still if he had a second chance he may tried to not act like this.

 

Kyu was shocked by the scene in front of him. Young saeng’s clothes were soaked in blood and the blood was still running from his ear and shoulder near the neck. He couldn’t believe hyun would do that. What was he? A wild wolf? He looked at young saeng’s pale face while cleaning the wound “Are... You ok? I mean of course you are not ok but..”

“I’m fine” young saeng answered simply and cold.

Kyu know that the man was not fine but he didn’t continue and just focused on the wound. After applying the medicine on the wound he was going to help him change that young saeng hold his hand.

“thank you. I will do it myself” Young saeng said. He didn’t want kyu to see the bruises on his body.

Kyu put a little bottle in his hand “Drink a little bit if you had pain.” He said and quietly left.

Young saeng changed his clothes and blow the candle before laying back.

....

A few hours after midnight hyun woke up by a nightmare. In his nightmare he was standing at the front of the crushed palace in the capital with a sward in hand. All the city was burning, the smoke was everywhere. He ride his horse and started searching for people but no one even a single man was there, he was all alone. He had lost the country and couldn’t protect his people. When he woke up he was sweating and panting. He looked around and after some seconds realized what was happening. He slept while he was sitting in his chair last night.

The country was in great danger, some enemy was trying to burn the country down. It was not the time to sleep but his body needed this little rest. He started walking in the room and thought about where he should start and what he should do. He had to find the men who were behind this. In the last year he was so concentrated on the south and the governors in the east and west that he didn’t pay any attention to the minor problems. Suddenly he thought about something and ran out. First he went to young saeng’s room but he didn’t need to wake him up. The man was awake and his face was still pale “follow me” he said after taking a look at the Bandage on his neck near the shoulder

Young saeng stood up after seeing the crown prince “where are we going?” he asked “do you want to do something again?”

Hyun turned to look at him “don’t ask any question. Just follow me. And if I want to do anything do you want to stop me?” he said and grabbed young saeng’s arm pushing him out “you are my slave. I’m your master. If I don’t sleep you should not too.” Hyun wanted him to help him with something but he would never say it out loud. With what happened in mo village he know that the man didn’t want the destruction of the country so he can use his help. He also was not any ordinary guy he was prince so he know many things and could think like him and know exactly what he should Look after.

Young saeng didn’t say anything just followed him. He wasn’t worried about what was going to happen again because it was not important anymore. He has lost his everything, his home, his place, his position, his power and even his pride and dignity. He stopped when he saw that hyun stopped. He couldn’t read the buildings name the sky was still dark and the lamp he had just lighten around them not up. They walked in. Hyun ordered him to turn on the lamps around the place. He didn’t know where they were but he didn’t ask and just tried to find them one by one. When he them he stepped back and looked around. They were in a library full of books and rolled letters.

Hyun walked between the columns and searched for the reports he had received last two years “bring all this to the desk” he said When he found them.

Young saeng just realized that hyun’s guard was not with him. He almost was everywhere with him even when he was in the bathroom he stood behind the curtain but now he was no where to be seen. He was sure that the man was walking with them to the building. He looked around for him.

“He is not allowed to be here” hyun said when he saw the searching look on young saeng “here is forbidden library. No one except me is allowed to be here” he said and again take another rolled letter and put it in young saeng’s hand “don’t get me wrong. I don’t trust you but with what you did in mo village I could say that you don’t want the country to destroy am I right?”

Young saeng didn’t answer quickly that made hyun turn “as much as I hate being here but I want to find the man who was behind that” he answered coldly. He loved this country and never wanted its fall so he really mean it when he said he wanted to find the person behind this.

“I should find the one too. These are the reports I got two years ago. Unfortunately I was so busy with your treason that I should have missed something in the reports. Find anything that could help us find them.” He said and point to the desk “go get started.”

Young saeng looked at the reports in his hand and after some seconds walked to the desk after hyun. Hyun sat on the chair and pointed on the ground next to his feet “come and sit here”

Young saeng stared at the place he was pointing at and sat silently “I told that I wanted to find the one but what makes you think that I would do it with you?” he asked quietly. He was really surprised about why the crown prince wanted to trust him in this!! He could have asked anyone.

Hyun pressed his finger on the man’s forehead and made him look at him “didn’t you hear me? It’s your fault. You and your father. If I was not busy with you I would never let this happen. Your father is dead but you are alive so take the responsibility. I don't need your help but you should clean the mess you have made.  And beyond that you are not in a place to ask anything” he let go of the man “begin”

He opened the letter and started to do what was told to him. he deserved this. He was suffering from what he did. He thought maybe if he help, the burden would be less and crown prince’s hatred would become less too. Make him take it more easier on him.

Hyun was looking at the man for a while after he finished some rolls of letters. He was in simple slavery Clothes and his dark hair which were scattered around him minutes ago now were tied up in a not neatly way. His face was pale as the clothes but all these could not hide the charm and beauty of the man. Hyun thought about his sister. Would she be as beautiful and attractive as he is if she was alive! Suddenly a familiar seductive picture formed in his mind. The picture of the man under him. He saw many beautiful men before but non of the resemble his first crush and he didn’t want to sleep with non too.He hated this fact that the man reminded him of her but he was still so curious and excited to see that look in his face again like the one he had earlier when he bite him. an attraction mixed with revenge and admiration.

Young saeng was seriously reading the report not knowing about how the man on chair was thinking right now. He concentrated on the paragraph and started reading it again. After reading it for the third time he raised his head to tell the prince what he had found but before he could say a word the prince grabbed his wrist and pulled him toward himself. Their eyes connected to each other for a while before hyun let him go. For a second he thought that something just like the last night will happen to him but nothing happened. Other than that there was nothing strange in hyun’s behaviour in his idea because he act strange almost every time so he didn’t doubt anything “there is .... something in this one” he said after a while and put the report on the table “it’s date is from a year ago. Here. Look” he put his finger on one part “someone was giving free spells in villages and a group of strangers were seen in this town”

After he grabbed young seang’s wrist he realized what was he doing and let go of it. When the man finished talking he looked at the report “it’s the town where mo village was. There must be more, search all the reports. We have to finish them tonight”

They both get back to searching. Hyun put the thoughts about the man aside focusing on the reports since they were more important than thinking about a slave.

In the morning both of their eyes were red and exhausted from reading and the lack of sleep. Hyun looked at the separated reports on the desk “we still need to arrange them in date and look at some older reports” hyun said while pulling his arms forward and resting his body “but first I need to eat. Go bring the breakfast”

By his order young saeng went out. He found the guard standing next to the door, he must be waiting there from last night. His legs were in pain from siting on the cold ground since hyun appeared out of blue and didn’t let him put on something warmer but still walking with them was refreshing. He was lucky that he changed his clothes last night just before crown prince come after him and more lucky to have a set of new clothes to change into. As soon as he get in the kitchen the smell of the food came in his nose and made him hungry but the rule was to eat after your master and he didn’t want to make any trouble since he had enough of it without making any. After some minutes he turned to the library with the tray and put it on the table in front of hyun. He poured the tea in a cup before stepping back and stand. Hyun didn’t touch the food just stared at young saeng.

“do you need anything else? Master” young saeng said when he saw hyun’s stare.

“You try it first.” Hyun ordered. When he saw the man didn’t move he pushed the tray toward him “you don’t expect me to eat something without testing it do you? Today you would be my food tester so come on”

Young saeng looked at hyun for a second before testing everything. He put the extra spoon and chopstick down “you can have it now” he said. Getting the reports from table he sat near hyun’s chair and started arranging them.

Hyun first pay attention to what the man was doing before starting to eat “I didn’t tell you to sit” he said between his eating.

Young saeng rolled his eyes. Here he goes again. It was just morning and the crown prince started his torture again. There was many rules and he was so tired from last night so it was obvious that he would forget somethings and still everything was new to him. But he really was not in the mood for arguing so he stood and bowed properly “I’m sorry master.” He said tried to make it sincere.

“Ok. You can sit now” hyun said and waited for the man to sit. The apology was like other things he did, so cold and without any emotion in it. He throw one of the deserts in front of young saeng on the floor and pushed it near him with his foot “you can have it”

Young saeng looked at the pastry on the floor. He was hungry but not in a way to humiliate himself like this. Even though he know exactly what the prince was up to he get the pastry and put it back up “thank you master. I’m not hungry” he said waiting for the pain in his veins but the pain didn’t come in exchange his hair was pulled back and the wound on his neck hurt. When He opened his mouth from the pain, something sweet was pushed forcefully in his mouth.

He tried to spit it out but the man put his hand on his mouth keeping it close “when I offer you something you should get it and be thankful.” He looked at young sang with angry eyes “now swallow it” he said without taking off his hand “I’m starting to get impatient with you. You always have something to bother me for”

Young saeng didn’t chew the pantries first and the pressure on his mouth became more “I said swallow it all” hyun ordered.

Young saeng’s eyes filled with tears but not one tear, drop from his eyes he tried to chew the pantries inside his mouth slowly and swallowed it painfully. Until then hyun didn’t take his hands off. When the man removed his hands he started coughing for a while. Hyun poured him a cup of tea “drink this” he said.

Young saeng took the cup and drank it without any protest. “thank you” he returned the cup and said in a slow voice. He felt he should not breath right now and he should not be alive but unfortunately he was still alive and His heart was still beating.

“that’s the good behaviour” hyun said before sitting down again continuing eating “get back to what you were doing.”

Young saeng lowered his head he didn’t want to say something that make things worth than what it is right now because he was sure, that’s what crown prince wanted. He was looking for any situation to shatter him and he didn’t want to break more than this.