Chapter 6 " her eyes"

Freezing warmness

Hyun put his hands on young saeng’s neck before letting go of the pain in his body “ how would it feel to be under me, hmmm? You get angry because I talked about you dead mother, yes? Don’t worry too much, I don’t have such a plan right now” he pressed him harder till the man’s face became red“ and I told you to behave. Are you going to serve me like ...” he couldn’t finish when he saw young saeng’s red eyes. Hyun loosened his arm and just stared at young saeng. He didn’t know if this redness was because of anger or sadness, by seeing those eyes he remembered his sister in a moment and kept starring at them. “get the hell out of here. Tomorrow morning be here soon and don’t be late to decide on your action” he said as soon as he come to himself, bussing himself with drinking wine again. Peeking at the man now and then till he get out.

Young saeng left there as quick as possible and was led by a guard to the area hea was going to stay. He was never getting angry like this but he couldn’t tolerate two things one was humiliation and the second one was his mother. The crown prince used both of them right now.

Before going to the room he remembered his hands and put them in cold water, it made the pain decrease. But he couldn’t do anything about his back and left it be. The coldness made his anger less and he thought more about what he did minutes ago. he attacked the prince and he was lucky that the crown prince didn’t do anything about it. What if the prince change his mind now that he attacked him. Just thinking about it made him afraid and worried. He promised himself that if the prince didn’t do anything tomorrow he would do anything he asked and try hard to not get angry. He saw that two other guards were arrived to keep watching him before getting to his room.

The room was a simple place with a mat, a blanket and a pillow. There was set of another clothes which was hanging on the wall. He took off his clothes which were smelly from the wine and laid down to sleep thinking about home. He didn’t know how jong min was doing and was worried about him. Even the thought of something happening to him was making him lose his mind. Just a news from him would calm him down but if his men wanted to bring news it would take at least two days and he hoped that it would be a good news. He was eagerly waiting for a letter. Before going to war his father who was aware of his feelings toward jong min, imprisoned jong min as a hostage to put pressure on him for leading the army. The strange thing was that, He never showed any feeling toward anyone but he didn’t know how his father found out about it.

All his life he never lived for himself. He could not choose what to eat, wear or even think. He was under his father’s strict training. He had so much control over him not letting him live like a free man. In the south he was just like a prisoner with so much facilities and luxury life. Now his father was dead but he was in a worse situation.? Back then he didn’t have anybody except his father and he was afraid to lose him so he did what he wanted. When he grew up he was learned to live like what his father wanted. He was wondering what would happen if he disobeyed his father from the start. Would he still be in this mess?

As long as he stared at the sailing, sleep didn’t come to him especially with his so many things in his mind. His eyes were wide open and his mind was full of thoughts till many hours after midnight.

After young saeng left the room hyun put the cup down soundly “how could their eyes be so similar to each other” he mumbled and shook his head “they are not the same. He is not the girl I met” young saeng’s sister was his first crush in the past. They were little but it was his first time to have feelings for someone, so feeling about some one would make her his first crush. And that was the reason he let go of the man , by seeing young saeng he remembered everything about the girl. It was one of the summer nights when he first saw her. He was walking in the streets of capital by the order of emperor when in an alley, he saw a girl who was running from some men who were hiding their faces. By his guards. He followed them and found them before anything happen to her. One of the men was killed and the others escaped as soon as they realized there was no way for them to lay hands on the girl. After that he was informed that the girl was south governor's daughter who came with his father to meet the emperor and discuss the political issues. The day after that he spend his time with her.

“your highness. The man you send for the mission is back” the maid behind the door announced and bring him out of his memory.

“Send him in” Hyun who was waiting for the man from morning ordered without hesitation.

A man walked in and gave him a bag, some burned papers and some black stones “your highness. The map is in the bag and these stone status and burned spelled papers were found in the ruins of mo village. In every house there was a stone and a spell, all the same”

Hyun observed them closely “what are their meanings?”

“we don’t know yet but we are investigating”

“it must be south’s doing. That little beast” he said between his teeth. “you did a good job.”

After the man left he opened the bag to look at what he was waiting for. Minutes later he was staring at the calligraphy and the shapes on a map that he didn’t know how to read it “why” he tried so hard to get something out but the more he tried the more he became confused. All the map was written in ancient and a language that was abrogated many years ago. He became tired from looking at the map and shook his head “let’s find about it tomorrow” he was drunk and his brain was not working straight so he preferred to rest.

In the sunrise young saeng could barely open his eyes since he didn’t sleep well last night. Those nightmares were drowning him and hunted him down. He heard the knock on the door and when he opened it a maid spoke “the prince want you there. Get ready fast” she said and left.

After putting on his clothes he walked out, first he washed his face and went toward hyun’s residence. a gourd was keeping an eye on him like yesterday. He knew that he would follow him everywhere not letting him have a space. As he was walking some soldiers were on the way looking at him not in a friendly way. Of course no one here saw him as a friend but their eyes were like spheres tearing his skin. He was close to the residence when a man suddenly appeared in front of him, anger was clear in his eyes.

“where do you think you are going?” one of them stood in front of him when he was going to pass them.

Young saeng looked at him coldly “let me pass.” The boy was the soldier who he saw last day. All he wanted was to not make any trouble today but it seems like it always found him.

All the men surrounded him to make a human shield. When young saeng saw this, tried to use his gift but like other times nothing happened just an unbearable pain spread in his body and the spells were turned to red burning his ankles. He looked at the guard who followed him, he too stood aside not caring about him. He was not here for his protection of course.

One of the men in the circle attacked him but young saeng was still ready and defend himself. He was dodging all the attacks, trying not to hit the men. In the middle of it he saw hyun who came out and was standing on the stairs looking at them. After a while he realized that the prince was not going to interfere too so he was on his own. From how it looked like the soldiers were not going to have mercy on him and they attacked him with their all power, and it was not in his blood to let them have a successful attack and beat him So he was forced to fight back harder. He could not use his gift but he was a good fighter without it.

Hyun Was watching the fight. His men really were bunch of fools. First because they have dared to start a war here near his residence then because they thought that this icy prince would get hit easily. They needed a lesson but before that he had choose to watch first maybe they together could really beat him, he also needed a punishment for the last night but as he watched more he got more disappointed. Just right now half of the men were on the ground groaning in pain. He saw that if he doesn’t interfere now, the rest of them will end up in dormitory too. The man was really good in martial arts like a fighter should be. Hyun was regretting that he didn’t have him in his army. If someone like him was beside him he could have done many things.

He walked at them fast “what the hell is going on here?” Hyun shouted angrily. By his shout the men who were conscious even with the pain all kneeled down “your highness” he had to also punish his men for their stupidity and rudeness. Something like this was unforgettable, If he let them go easily, later he could not control them.

“what is this?” he asked one of the soldiers and the man answered with stuttering. When he finished, hyun was red from anger “how dare you do this?”

“he killed our family. Why we should not teach him a lesson. Why is he even alive he must be dead with his traitor father. He should suffer” One of the men between them talked.

“you dare to do it in front of me. You belittled me and now you deserve to die” the fear was clear in the men’s eyes with hyun’s words “are you stupid? It was a war. They lost many men too and now he is repaying what he has done. You should be punish now but I will forgive you this time, just this time. You have to clean the stable for one weak. If I see another thing like this in front of my eyes you will be all expelled from army. It’s a shame to have you in army. I need men not fools. Now get away from my eyes. Take them to the doctor” he ordered and some of the guards helped the others to walk.

When they left hyun turned to young saeng who was standing there from the start without even a scratch on him “and you” he kicked the man in his stomach but young saeng dodged the hit unwantedly.

Young saeng quickly looked at the crown prince “I... Didn’t want to”

Hyun didn’t expect this “how dare you! If you really didn’t want to dodge stay still and get your punishment” he said with a killing gaze.

Young saeng walked back more “why should I get the punishment. I didn’t do anything wrong” he said and looked straight into hyun’s eyes. The crown prince was standing there watching a good show. He even didn’t punish his men properly although he knew that they were the ones who started this “it’s not my fault.”

Hyun pulled young saeng’s collar toward himself with anger “I will determine who’s fault it is not you, you little worm. You are not in a position to defend yourself. Now stay right were you are. If you move even an inch I will tie you to a log and tell those men to beat you to death.” and again he kicked harder. This time young saeng didn’t move and get the hit. It was so hard that made him walked back and fell on one of his knees ,one of his palms was on the ground while coughing hard. He stayed there with close fist while his head was still down trying to eat his anger.

“and it doesn’t matter who’s fault it is. It’s you who get the punishment even if you didn’t do anything wrong.” when he said this young saeng’s head moved up and he could see how this new slave was looking at him. The same savage and cold eyes were attacking him. He thought that the first thing he should fix in this man is the way he look “prepare my bath.” He ordered and pointed to one of his maids “teach him how. From tomorrow he should prepare it on his own.” He then left there.

Hyun stopped at the library were his men were working on those spells and stones from last night. When his presence was announced he walked in “did you find anything?” he asked while walking between the book shelves.

One of the middle aged man started talking “your highness. I’m afraid we should search more. There’s nothing here to show the meaning. No book in this library explain anything about these spells.”

“you mean there is no way to find out about the meaning behind them?” hyun asked while looking at the spells on the table.

“Till now we know that they are written with blood. Yes there is a way to find out but the answer is not here. If we had the forbidden books we could get somewhere. I guess that the spells are made from dark power”

Hyun started thinking for a while before speaking “we can’t bring the books here but you can go there. Go there find everything about it. That little beast burned all the people in the village alive so I think that he was up to something there and burned everything to hide it. Now every one of you tell me your opinions about it”