Chapter 3 “the fountain of power”

Freezing warmness

The fountain of power was not really a fountain, it was a writing from the most powerful man of the time who could use four gifts together, fire, water, dust and wind. First it had been said that he had just one gift but by using dark power he gained others too. There was no single man in the land who could defeat him but using the dark power was always dangerous. It had effects, it would ruin the soul and mind piece by piece without yourself knowing. At the end the man became completely mad. A man with that power was also mad, everyone will realize what a disastrous thing was it. The world went into darkness and that period was continued till the man destroyed himself but not his power. It was said that anyone who reach that manual could gain the soul energy of that man which was preserved within the writing by the man himself.

The information he gained from this fountain of power made him shiver from terror. His father was right, it must be destroyed before it’s too late.

By his father’s order he investigate the man but he refused to give the information and he had to use some cruel methods. First he used his son as a pressure bottom but the man really didn’t care about his son he even didn’t ask about his condition or what was going to happen to him just blaming him for not being able to win the battle or how useless he was. In that moment he pitied the south prince for having this father. At last he had to torture him to get what he wanted.

He was standing outside staring at his bloody hands. It didn’t matter how many times he use this method, he never get used to it but getting results always made him satisfied. He loved it when he get what he wanted. after sending someone to bring the map to the north from the south territory that would take a day and a half he walked to the infirmary. Before stepping in he heard two people talking one was the doctor who he brought to the capital the other which he heard his voice just in the battlefield, The south prince. Just hearing his cold voice was enough to make him remember how many men died yesterday and became angry.

The doctor was asking questions and the other was answering briefly with just yes or no.

He walked in and first his eyes catch the man on the bed. His face was now clean from the blood and black paint. With a little face, two black savage eyes, tiny nose and lips and long black hairs which were scattered on his shoulders, like what people said, the man was cute and elegant, even with the fresh wound on his cheek. His body was very smaller than what it look like with the armour. He somehow was amazed, that power was coming from this little man in the battlefield and it pissed him off more. For a while he just stared at his familiar face.

by hyun's entrance, The south prince who was siting on the bed take a look at him. The crowned prince was tall and good looking and his body physic was very good, It was not a wonder he was popular with women. His sward technic was marvellous very better than him. he saw it with his own eyes so believing it was really easy.

“How is he?” hyun asked without looking at him again.

The doctor stood up from his place and bowed before answering “your highness... I stitched his wounds. His body is healing faster than normal people but not like what it should be. He had lost too much blood”

“so he is ready to come with me” it was not a question. While saying this he grabbed his prisoner’s collar and pulled him along.

This made the doctor talk worriedly “your highness he still need rest.”

“He seems fine to me. ” hyun pulled him with himself and the doctor didn’t dare to talk or insist anymore just watch them walking away.

The south prince was panting from the pain while being pulled brutally “if you want to kill me why did you send me to doctor?” he manage to tell between the pain he was enduring.

Hyun didn’t answer him just keep walking fast. They went up from some stone steps to the top of the wall. There hyun pushed the prince to the wall while half top of his body was at the open area and he could see the street.

A huge crowed gathered around a platform which was used to hang guilty people. He remembered how many times he watched men died like this before. There were some familiar and unfamiliar faces. His father and two of his man having the rope around their neck. As soon as his eyes catch his father’s, under their feet emptied. The man started struggling but his hands were tied, his struggling’s were stopped after some seconds. The people who watched this became silent when the man was dying but as soon as the show was over they started scattering around, whispering and talking to each other while their eyes were still on the bodies.

He didn’t know what were his feelings right now. He never was close to his father and the man always hated him because of the north blood inside him. They never spoke to each other with kindness and their relationship was not good. They were like strangers livings in one house. He was never like a father and never give what others call father’s love to him. What he left for him was a heart full of hatred and a body full of scars but with all of this he never wish him dead. Now that he was dead he didn’t really had bad or good feeling there was nothing.

when the ruler stopped breathing hyun could see that there was no sorrow in the prince’s eyes, just staring at the scene. He brought him here to feel the pain but there seems to be nothing in this ice prince’s heart “You really are worse than animals. Your father just died now but there is no pain in your eyes. Even a savage animal is better than you”

south prince looked into hyun’s eyes with empty look like nothing he said was really important “what are you going to do with me? Why didn’t you kill me with them” he just kept staring at him.

Hyun grabbed his collar and bend him on the wall so that just by a push he could drop the man from that height “look down a little more. You can’t just die like this. You still have to see your men’s death one by one” when he said that an instant change appeared in the man’s eyes, there was a fear in those black eyes that made him satisfied “so you really care about something yeah?“ he then turned the prince to the stairs and make him get down. Because of his wounds he moved slowly that made him impatient “hurry up. I don’t have free time like you” hyun wanted to make him move faster so he pushed the man. He made him lost his balance and fell.

Like a ball south prince turned and turned till he hit the ground hard, a painful moan was heard from him “damn you. I should have killed you there” he whispered and When he touched his wound it was wet. His wound was bleeding again.

Hyun pulled him up from the back of his collar “oh... I was not paying attention that you are weak right now my bad traitor heo young saeng from south.” He hand him to one the soldiers “take him to others and give them something to eat before we move”

He went back to the jail “where are the relatives of south governor?” he asked the man who was in charge of catching them and was now standing near the entrance of prison. He knew that by governor Heo’s betrayal all the women and girls and their maids who were working for south governor were brought to the capital. According to the rules, They were going to be sold as slaves.

The man bowed for respect “your highness, they were send out by king’s order”

“where the daughter of south prince was sent to?”

“Daughter!?” the man asked amused “as long as I know the governor didn’t have any girl. Heo young saeng was his only child.” He explained what he knew while still thinking if he missed anything.

“but.. I’m sure of it. He had a girl. Are you sure you didn’t make any mistake?” he was sure that he saw the man’s girl before. “send someone to ask the slaves. They know something for sure.”

“Yes your highness I will go myself. They must still be in the city” he bowed again before leaving quickly. After some minutes he returned panting “your highness. You ... were right he had a girl but she has died years ago”

Hyun thought for a while “but I don’t remember if they announce her death. Even my spies didn’t say anything”

“it’s because she was his illegitimate girl. From his mistress. Because of this they didn’t say anything.” the man who’s breathing was normal now said.

“ok. You did a good job” he said and left there sadly. He wanted to save her from becoming slave. He met her long ago and she was really a nice girl, he wanted to help him again but he didn’t even know that she was dead. Even though the memory was from his childhood he always remembered it obviously. They shared a little time together but he really liked the girl. She was so sweet and cute. Some of the features in his face was like his brother who he captured in the battle and that was the reason he remembered to search for her. It was a shame that they have similarities. That girl was so good, she seemed not belonging to this family. What made him wonder was that why the man brought his illegitimate girl to the capital that year. That year was a dangerous one the country was not stable because of the conflicts and disagreements of rulers. So the emperor asked the rulers to come to the capital with one of their children and solve the problem. At that time the south ruler was still loyal to the emperor even more loyal than anyone. He didn’t know what make him change to much.

The unhappy side was after getting approval and support of the south ruler so they would have done anything to brought the man on their side.

He guessed that the man brought her daughter to the capital instead of his son so that if anything was going to happen the target would not be his son. One illegitimate girl was not as important as their prince.