Chapter 7 "I can see through you"

Freezing warmness

My dear friends, I am really sorry about the delays and very thankful for your patience. Love you all. This story is full of angst and violence if you don't like this type of stories please do not read it. 

 

The maid instruct him everything about the bath and they prepared it together. First they filled it with hot water and add some herbs to it then they prepared the towels. Some extra herbs were placed near the pool that should be used during the bath. The bath itself was like a little pool made of marble stones. The prince was there at the exact time his maid said he would be. the crown prince ordered to clear the place. All the maids except the main one who should stay there and clean the prince or give him what he needed started to leave.

“The new slave should stay to clean. The rest leave. All of you” hyun ordered as soon as he stepped in the bathroom.

The maid looked at young saeng worried and left there.

Young saeng stood there staring at hyun but stopped it before hyun saw it. He was ready to work even in stable and clean there but not be there with this man alone. He really choose the best way to humiliate and disgrace him. How much he could take before he loose his control and kill him or kill himself. Again he reminded himself who he was doing this for and calmed down. He would do anything to free his men and send them back home to their families. Imagining the happiness of their family when they saw their husband and sons returning to them gave him comfort. He lost so many men but the ones who lived should be happy and not in prison or doing forced labour. He was relieved that he could save them. The burden of sinns he was carrying would break his back if he lose these men too.

“Don’t you want to start?” hyun said and opened his arms.

Young saeng took out the prince’s clothes and tie them before putting them in a corner.

“Are you always this quiet?” hyun asked after sitting in the bath “you must be a boring man... Uh i remembered now you were going to engage. Weren’t you?” he said playing with water by his hand “That girl is so lucky otherwise she would be a slave in a house or work in a brothel today.”

Again young saeng stared wildly at hyun. He had the full information about him even this! He never went to see his fiancé. His father had arranged it and it was against what he wanted.

This time hyun saw the staring clearly “don’t you want to start!!” he ordered.

Young saeng didn’t look another way “I don’t know how to do it”

“Didn’t you even see how your maids did this before? Do what they did” he said and waited. Young saeng moved closer slowly. He extended his hand to reach hyun’s back but in a second, hyun took his arm and with all his power, throw him in water. Because of the sudden move he couldn’t do anything and in the water his body got heaver and he tried to stand. By the time his head got out of water he took a deep breath but before he could open his eyes hyun’s hand pushed him under water again. He struggled to come out but he was unable to do it because the crown prince had the full control and at the same time he was using his gift again, the only weapon the man had against him. before he felt that he was going to die from not getting enough air the hand was moved and pulled him out but it didn’t still let go.

Hyun twisted his hand and bend him forward to a side of pool while himself bending on him from behind “don’t ever, ever again look at me like that. If you do it again I will take your eyes out of your pretty face and keep them as prize” He was talking while pressuring on young saeng’s neck with his other hand at the same time “you’d better learn your new place soon. I’m not a very patient man especially with traitors. I should have killed you because of what you did last night but I’m giving you another chance so don’t ruin it not for yourself but for your men. Did you understand?”

It was too much for young saeng. He was never treated like this before. He was never this weak before but he decided to bare it from last night so he nodded in response.

Hyun put another pressure on the man’s hand and neck “I didn’t hear you?”

“Yes. I understand” young saeng said with a shaky voice.

“Yes master, you should tell” hyun emphasized.

Young saeng took a deep breath before talking “yes...” he said and looked down in despair “master” he could hear the cracking sound from inside himself.

Only then hyun let go of him. He could see that young saeng was shaking in anger “. You can go now. go change your clothes and wait in my study room.” Hyun said and watched young saeng leaving. He laid at the bath tub with a smirk on his lips while he was thinking about what else he should do to this little worm to broke him more but suddenly by remembering young saeng’s angry eyes his smirk vanished “maybe I overdid it this time” he thought “I should do it slowly”

Young saeng left there not paying any attention to the eyes on him on the way. He was so angry at that moment that he could kill anyone. As soon as he stepped in the room and closed the door he punched the wall as hard as he could. After some seconds of doing it he stopped and angrily took out his clothes throwing them away. With the same anger he put on the new clothes.

When the man get calmer he sat on the ground staring at a point. A drop of water fell on his hand and he felt something on his face. It was not water since the wound on his hand was burning. he touched it and was shocked. It was a tear drop. He was crying without himself knowing. He almost forgot that he was a human too. He could cry, shout and be sad. It has been so long that he didn’t cry, almost after his mother’s death. The next second his face was wet with tears and his body was shaking from crying but still no sound could be heard except his heavy breathes.

When hyun walked in his study room young saeng was standing in a corner. He called the main yeoman before sitting on his chair.

The doors opened and a man walked in “your highness you wanted to see me”

“I want you to teach everything a personal slave should know to him” he said and pointed at young seang “in six days he should learn everything.”

The man bow down “pardon me your majesty but it’s forbidden to have a man on your side especially this one. The person beside you should be a woman. It’s dangerous. If the emperor find out I would lose my head”

Hyun used his gift again that made young saeng kneel on the ground grabbing his stomach. That made the man stop talking “he can’t even move without my permission. I have his life in my hand and I prefer him to do my job than a woman. I appreciate your concern but it’s an order. The emperor gave me permission to do anything I want with him. ”

The man didn’t say anything just looked at young saeng on the ground “your order will be obeyed” he talked after a few seconds and pointed to young saeng “follow me”

Young saeng stood up and looked at hyun “you just threaten me with your gift! Don’t you know anything else? Remove the spell from me to show you what I really can do” young saeng said in a calm voice “are you afraid of me?”

Hyun watched him with a smile “and why should I do that?” I can torture you like this. It has a lot of fun in it for me and you deserve this. You are a prisoner, remember. Why do you think I put you in a place which is made for woman?” hyun asked but didn’t wait for an answer “you can take him”

The man who was waiting for them to finish talking again bowed down pleading “your majesty. He is more dangerous than what I think. He is threatening you like this. You can’t have him beside you. What should I answer the emperor if anything happen to you?”

Hyun walked out of his desk angrily “you just do what I said. I don’t want to hear anything else.” He said and turned to young saeng with a serious face “you have six days to learn everything and satisfy me, if you couldn’t do it ” he took young saeng’s jaw in his hand with pressure “you should serve women with your body or Maybe I use you myself since you have a pretty face but the best idea is to use you to serve my men in army every night.. I don’t think they would mind if you are a man or not especially now that they are looking for an opportunity to give you some lessons.”

He was waiting to see a satisfying reaction but instead of that young saeng grabbed his hand and pushed it away hard. “You can try! Try it to see what would I do. I will not kill just myself. Before I fall I would definitely pull you down first so don’t try to scare me with your monstrous ways master.” It was the first time hyun see the south prince speaking in angry Tone. He was calm almost all the time.

Hyun’s eyes first became wide open but in a second they were red from anger. He kicked young saeng so hard that his back hit the wooden wall and fell down on the ground with sound “you dare to talk back to me. You filthy little traitor. I will do whatever I want with you” he put his foot on young saeng’s head and pushed it a little “this morning I told you to behave yourself. Are you a deaf or stupid? Did you forget your place so quickly?” he started using his power and send as much as energy he could into young saeng’s body that made the man move in pain.

The pain was so unbearable that young saeng couldn’t be quiet still and started in pain. All his inside organs were burning like fire make it hard for him to breath. After some seconds blood spread out of his nose and he started coughing blood too.

By seeing the blood hyun stopped and sat on one of his knees “I’m not always kind. If you don’t want to live in hell stop acting rude and accept your destiny.” In his wonder for the second time the edge of young saeng’s lips curled up “I’m living in hell” he whispered without looking at hyun “for so long.” “It doesn’t matter if it continues” he said the last sentence in his mind.

Hyun let go of the hair he was grabbing and stared at young seang for some seconds “take him away” he ordered and the yeoman took the south prince out without hesitation.

“do you want to lose your life? Why did you act so stupid?” the yeoman asked annoyed while helping young saeng to walk. He made sure that he was far enough from crown prince’s study room “he is a bad tempered guy and never let something like this go. How is it that you are still alive or you are walking on your own foot! I’m wondering. You should not be by his side but he gives order and I will obey” He first take south prince to kyu jong.

Kyu examined him and asked yeoman to comeback and get him two hours later after hearing what had happened. After that, he prepared some medicine and made young saeng drink it “what did you do? Just yesterday I healed you.” He asked while looking at him.

Young saeng take a quick look at kyu jong but didn’t speak a word.

“I think I would see you often. You are really a trouble maker. What did you want? To kill yourself?” he asked again while touching young saeng’s head to make the pain away.

“it doesn’t matter” suddenly young saeng said.

“what?” kyu didn’t expect an answer this time too and he also didn’t hear clearly what the man said.

Young saeng looked at kyu again this time sharply “I said it doesn’t matter if he kill me. My men are free.... We made a deal.... If he kill me now it would not effect their life I assume so it doesn’t matter”

The man talked so coldly and emotionless that kyu shivered. He was truly the ice king. He finished his work and smiled warmly at him “but you are alive now. Try not to make any troubles in the future. Rest now till the yeoman come”

By seeing kyu’s smile he took his eyes away from him and stood up “I have six days to learn and I don’t need any sleep right now. Thank you for your help” he said and walked out but again get back inside “do you know where can I find him?” he asked when he realized that he didn’t know where to search for yeoman.

“I don’t know. You may just wait here for him to come and get you. He has so much to do everyday, if you go search for him you may not find him till night.” He said and smiled again.

Young saeng sat on the bed against his wish. Kyu left and after some minutes came back with a plate of cookies and put it on the bed “if you don’t want to sleep just eat this and I have tea too wait” he poured young saeng a cup of tea and put it on the bed next to the cookies “you can eat it”

Young saeng first looked at the tea and cookie then kyu. He didn’t understand why he was so kind to him. Here everybody from young too old look at him as a killer and an enemy who should not be alive but this healer was kind to him from the start “doesn’t this make you a problem?” he asked after a long silence “I mean bringing this to me or talking to me like this, isn’t it dangerous?”

“oh...no...you can eat this without concern.” Kyu who realized what the man was concerned about said “here is my territory. I can do anything I want. One of the benefits of being close to the crown prince”

Young saeng drank the tea quietly “why are you doing this?” he asked after the last gulp of his tea.

Kyu was in the middle of drinking when he heard the question “what do you mean? You should complete your sentence. Doing what’ exactly?” doing the healing or drinking tea?” he tried to make the prince talk. The way they were siting in silence like that was so awkward.

“you hate me like others here so why do you act like you care? Do you make tea for all your patients?” he was talking while looking into kyu’s eyes without blinking.

“My god” kyu take his eyes away from young saeng “you could kill with those eyes... I just wanted to have a drink. I don’t hate you and you are not the first patient i drink with. You have just remind me of myself when I was brought here. I wanted to ease your pain a little”

“Thanks” young saeng said after a long silence.

They became silent again, when kyu saw that the man was not going to talk he stood and walked to the door “Now that your power is banned you are weak. It’s better for you to rest as much as you can. I can’t restore all the energy you have lost in these days.” He said before stepping outside leaving young saeng alone.

young saeng Didn’t really like to sleep but he didn’t know what else to do either so he laid down facing the wall. He didn’t want to live in this situation but what choices he had. Nothing. The prince made him do something women should do . He could see that the crown prince was going to humiliate him as much as he can but how could he tolerate this without breaking. There was no way. Till now he already felt that he was losing himself. He needed something to pull him out of his miserable thoughts.

“where are you from?” he asked with a low voice when he heard that the healer get inside after about an hour later and sat on the chair.

“I’m from quing jin. The sky tribe.” Kyu answered, happy that the man was eager to talk.

“the tribe and the country was destroyed years ago. Almost eighteen years ago am I right?” young saeng asked without changing his position.

“yes. I was twelve when they brought me here. After the king find out about me being the son of healer he gave me to his son as a gift.” Kyu sighed as he remembered those days.

“how did you deal with it?”

“I can’t say that it was easy but time is a healer” Kyu could see the feelings of the man when he asked the question behind that icy voice. He could understand the pain in the man’s heart. He was not an ordinary healer who could just stich the wounds and stop the bleeding. When he touched someone he could feel how they felt. The anger, happiness, worry, pain, every feeling. He could see the bright and dark side in men. The south prince had so many of them. The man was broken inside but not just For the situation he was in right now. The feelings were so deep that it scared him. He was not sure for how many years this man hold these feelings. “the crown prince was not bad-tempered like now before. We spend a lot of time together back then. Maybe he was one of the reasons I could move on” he continued.

“yes. He was not” young saeng said.

Kyu looked at the back of the man “you saw him before?”

Young saeng hesitated a bit “when I was little. Yes but I’m sure he can’t remember me.”

Kyu was going to ask more before someone came in and wanted to take young saeng. The yeoman asked for him mush faster that what he asked him to do.

“I’m not usually a talker, you made me feel comfortable and thank you for everything” young saeng said before starting to walk “what can I call you?”

“I’m glad you felt that way. You can come whenever you like of course if you had time. You can call me kyu jong” kyu was looking at the door where young saeng was disappeared. He was dignified, steady and pretty just like a sculpture to worship.