The big war

Freezing warmness

The black clouds were covering the sky make everywhere darker. The sound of lightning was heard every now and then but there was no rain coming down as if the sky was also afraid of what was happening. The desert land was shaking from the hits of spears to the ground. Hundreds of hundreds soldiers were standing in line and with specific military arrays they were ready for their commander’s command to start the biggest war the land has seen in a century.

In front of them the forces of empire were standing. They were several times more than their enemies but in the front army no one, even a single person could not be seen scared. They were ready to give their life.

From the front a man with a red military armour that was the sign of empire walked out. By the time the sound of hits stopped he started talking loud so that the other party hear him clearly “prince Heo of south, you are so far from your home. Where the emperor give to you to live. And you are leading a riot against the country. You killed all the people in mo kang village from young to old. What you did was unforgivable and you should be punished for that but I can let your men live if you surrender. All you need to do is to come down from your horse and drop your weapons ”

“I have not come this long way to just surrender ” other person in black armour who was riding a white horse started speaking “and about my men. I care about all of them and I won’t force any one of them to stay if they don’t want to” he turned to his men “if anyone want to leave he is free to go. now, in front of anyone here I give you my word. I swear to my honour that I will not lay a finger on him or his family”

There was a long silence before everyone shout one sentence together “long live the prince”

The prince turned back again “you see. Your highness, the crown prince. They are here on their own will. You had the power for so long. it’s time to let go of it and lay it in another hands.”

“and give the power to whom? Your father?” The crown prince asked mockingly “that old man should wait for his death with what he plan on doing. The empire is not weak to let someone like your father ruin what he built.”

He turned his horse to his men “now that you are not going to surrender let the war decide which side is right. Without your allies you are nothing more than ants under my shoe”

The black armour man could realize from crown prince’s words that there is a problem. He could feel it too. The allies should be here by now but they didn’t show up, he could not stand back now so he hold up his fist by the sound of war drum “archers ready. Stand to your position. Aim” he waited till the other party’s individuals come in target line “shoot”

Many men were hit by the arrows but it didn’t stop them from attacking. The war was officially started.

The south prince Was on his horse while shooting arrows so quickly that the eye could hardly see his every movement. His hand moves were so soft like he was fondling the arrows before letting them go. With a firm back he shoot every target he saw in his way not losing any arrow.

The crown prince was standing back watching the battlefield with one third of his army. He believed that the man he send first were enough to win easily but the more he watched the more he became angry. The south army were so well trained, skilful and ready that one of them could kill many of his army men. His eyes catch the man in black in the middle of war who ran out of arrows and started to attack with sward. This man was worthy of being called the best archer in lands. He wanted to win the war with less fatality but it was not going to happen like what he expected and he could not stand back more “ready rest of the men to attack” he ordered without taking his eyes away from the battlefield.

“but your highness. The emperor asked you not to Attack yourself” the man next to him said with a shaky voice.

The crown prince stared at him angrily “don’t you see that our men are going to die? From when you question my decisions. Ready the men” he almost shouted the sentences.

The black armour prince could see that his men’s strength was decreasing when all the army of emperor attacked. So he needed to do something “Cover me” by his words four men stand around him not letting anyone come near.

He pushed his sward in the Soil, closed his eyes and tried to feel and absorb every little bit of moisture in the air. The little moistures in the air attached to each other and made so many crystal sharp shapes similar to arrow heads. When he opened his eyes they were as black as the night sky. By moving his fingers The arrows attacked with high speed killing as much as men they could.

When The crown prince pulled out his long sward from the southern man, he fell on the ground wide eye. At the same time many of his men fall on the ground together. He didn’t know what happened but suddenly remembered the gift of south prince and looked at him afraid. He was actually using his gift and if he let him use it he would lose more people, much more than usual. The first and last person he should defeat was that black armed man so Without wasting any time he rushed forward killing every person who was In his way. When he was close enough he put his hands on the ground and pushed it a little. Meanwhile some of his man helping him and kept the enemy far from him. Suddenly the ground started shaking around him and the south prince and some of his men. On the ground appeared cracks which carried lava, the lava started moving against the gravity. Like the growing of a stem, red bars started to grow around them. End of the all bars reached each other to shape a huge cage with him and the enemy inside.

When the men around south prince saw this, they attacked crown prince trying to not let him get closer to their prince. But they all know best that they could not defeat him. He was famous for his sward technics in all the country. With that long sward the crown prince killed all the men who remained in the closed area just with some sward moves and get closer to the black cloth man whose face was coloured with black marks. He stopped attacking his enemies with frozen power outside the cage when he felt the danger.

When south prince was using his gift he would lose his eyesight but his hearing and sensing would became stronger. He could feel that his men were killed and a sward come flying toward him. He dodged the attack and stepped back pulling out his sward with him. While his eyes backed to normal he defended himself.

They started fighting and exchanged many moves. They were both skilful in fighting but their powers were not the same. The crown prince's power was remarkably more but the south prince never gave up and continue the battle using more his mind than his power. When the crown prince attacked with his sward again, he let the man come closer into his arms and dodged the sward, let it pass from his arm. In an instant he locked the crown prince’s hands Between his, simultaneously put his palm on the man’s heart. His eyes became black again and he started using his gift, sending as much as cold he could toward the heart of the crown prince just to make him lose conscious. In this attack if he lose the energy more than what needed to be released, the other party would be dead for sure.

The crown prince only heard about what south prince could do with his gift but now he was sure that the black man was doing the ‘frozen heart’ attack. They said that it would frozen the heart in seconds. He could free his hands if he tried but it became too late to do it so he just use his gift, releasing the heat energy inside him. Each energy tried to defeat the other but non of them was the winner. He tried to use his leg to hit the south prince between the legs, it was unsuccessful but the man in front of him moved back a little and it provide him a chance to pull out his hand and push him with all his powers. The black cloth man staggered back while again his eyes turned to normal. He felt that a fluid came out from his nose, when he touched it he realized that it was his own blood. He used too much of his gift and using it too much make him weak. Even though he tried many times to use it more he couldn’t make any progress with it.

Although the south prince’s face was painted by black colour but the blood on his nose was fresh and crown price could see it too. He realized that the man used his gift too much and used the opportunity and didn’t let the other even breath under his attacks making him even weaker. As if making the other weaker he gain a double power. With one move the sward tear the cloth and skin of the other’s arm and in an another attack it make a hole in his stomach. He kicked the other that made the man fell on the ground hard and lose his helmet.

The south prince tried to get up by pushing his palms on the ground but before even trying he felt a weight on his back and a hand grabbed his hair hard, make him look up “you refused to surrender And save your men now look how they are dying. You killed them. You and your father” The man who hold his hair talked in an angry voice.

The south prince didn’t say anything first just tried to use his gift again but something was blocking the release of energy inside him “don’t make me laugh. How could I believe you.  My man are loyal to me. They came here on their will. We came here together we will die here together as well” he said these words without any emotions like they were coming out of a robot’s mouth. If anyone hear this he could absolutely not recognize the feeling inside those words.

The crown prince smirked and make the man sit on his knees “don’t try to use your gift. It will not work till I let you. I put a barrier on your gift and” he get closer to his ear “who said that you could die now” he then moved his palms and pointed them toward the ground those lava bars returned down and the cracks closed and vanished like they were never there.

By seeing their leader who lost the battle The southern forces lost their hope and soon they get defeated. It started at morning and now it was evening. This war ended soon but the losses were too much that the winner side was not really happy. On the ground was full of dead bodies and dead horses most of them were from imperial forces. The ground was painted with red blood. All the men looked so tired and pale by seeing all those blood. Even an army man who see this things often could not use to this brutality especially when there were no war in many years. before getting back home they moved the bodies and burned them all even the southern forces. They all fought well so they deserved a proper burial but there they could not do better. The prisoners were tied up to each other and were pulled by a hours rider. For not letting them run away They were all barefoot.

South prince was the last one in the line. He lost too much energy and blood that he assumed he would not make it. Without his gift he would be dead, now that his gift was banned his body would not heal like always. He felt That his death was near. On way he lost his balance and fell down that made the whole line stop “prince.” two of the men helped him stand but he had lost too much blood that he was almost unconscious “help him. He will not make it” he asked the soldier who was pulling them.

“If he can’t move he better die here. After all you are all going to die” the man on the horse said and point to one of the soldiers “kill him”