Chapter 6

Everything Comes Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I jumped out of my bed feeling refreshed and excited for school which is weird since I don't like going to school. I still can't get what happened out of my mind. It just plays on a loop and I'd always feel giddy every time I'd recall it.

I hurriedly took a shower got dressed earlier than my usual routine because I know that Soojin leaves early for school. I ran to the kitchen and my family stared at me weirdly as I practically inhaled my breakfast. "BYE!" I yelled and sprinted towards the front door. I hurriedly twisted the doorknob and ran outside, my backpack barely hanging on my shoulder. I scanned for Soojin in front of her house and around the neighborhood. Did she already leave? I walked towards their front door and knocked. A few moments later, the door opened revealing Soojin's father holding a cup of coffee. 

"Soeun?" He said with a surprised expression. "Dear, who is that?" Soojin's mother questioned as she approached the front door and stood beside her husband; she too was surprised to see me, I don't blame them, the last time I knocked on their door was 2 years ago.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Lee," I nervously greeted, my hands tightly clasped on each side of my skirt.

"Good morning sweetie, what brings you here?" Mrs. Lee questioned.

"I-i was wondering whether Soojin already left for school..." I spoke, my voice becoming fainter after every word.

"Soojin? Oh no, she's still in her room getting ready." Mrs. Lee replied.

"Do you want to come in?" Mr. Lee asked.

"Oh no no, I'll just wait here."

"Nonsense! Come, I wouldn't want you to just stand there," Mrs. Lee coaxed. She led me to the living room and asked me to sit on one of the couches. My eyes scanned the house as I recalled all the moments we spent here in the past. Their house is still as cozy as I remembered.

"I'm glad you came Soeun, its been so long since your last visit," Mr. Lee spoke and took a sip of his coffee. "We missed having you around, especially Soojin," Mrs. Lee added as she approached us holding a tray of cookies and biscuits. She placed the tray on the coffee table and sat beside Mr. Lee.

"It must've been hard for the two of you these past few years, we noticed that the two of you stopped spending time with each other when Soojin went to high school," Mrs. Lee spoke sadly. "Soojin would always come home sad."

"We don't know what happened because whenever we asked Soojin she would always vaguely respond." Mr. Lee added. "But whatever it is I'm guessing you girls already worked it out?" He calmly asked.

"Uh yes, we did," I replied. "Just last night."

"Last night?" Mrs. Lee exclaimed. "Were you the one whom Soojin answered at the door?"

"Most likely, yes"

"Oh my, no wonder she was beaming with tears in her eyes." Mrs. Lee uttered. "She also came home late yesterday, I'm guessing you girls went somewhere?"

"Yes, we went to the playground," I grinned as I recalled what happened yesterday.

"She's late today." Mr. Lee laughed. "She slept late last night, pacing and running around the house after she came back."

"We could hardly sleep because of all the stomping and running," Mrs. Lee shooek her head. "When I asked her, she said she was tiring herself out because she couldn't fall asleep." We all collectively laughed at the absurdity that is Lee Soojin. What an adorable weirdo.

"I can hear you guys talking about me!," Soojin exclaimed, her voice echoing from the kitchen.

"Soojin are you done?" Mrs. Lee yelled. "Soeun is waiting for you!"

"Huh? SOEUN?!" She exclaimed. It seems like she started to quicken her pace after she heard my name based from all the running and clanking sounds. She entered the living room wearing her complete uniform, as always, unlike me, Jimin, and Jiyoon, we prefer wearing jackets or hoodies over our uniforms. She hurriedly hooked her arms in mine from where I was seated, dragging and yanking me towards the front door.
"We'lllgetgoingnowwedon'twannabelateforschoolBYE!" Soojin spoke all in one breath as we were nearing the door.

"Wait, you're not leaving until you bring some of these biscuits!" Mrs. Lee exclaimed and walked to the kitchen and grabbed a container and transferred the cookies and biscuits that were on the tray. "Here, share these with your friends okay?" She added, offering the container to me.

"We will, thank you, Mrs. Lee," I replied.

"Bye, mom, dad!" Soojin bid, still holding onto my arm. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Lee!" I bid as well.

"Bye kids, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter