Chapter 4

Everything Comes Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a cold and stormy night in Soojin's room, the two girls were lying inside their newly made pillow fort, deciding to spend the night inside to complete their sleepover. With blankets and pillows surrounding them topped with fairy lights displayed all around. The fort felt enchanting and homey.

Soojin was reading a book beside Soeun, who was playing a game on her Nintendo 3DS. Both of just them laid there, too engrossed with their items. Everything was well until the power cut out. Everything was pitch black, nothing was visible except for the light coming from of Soeun's handheld console.

The sudden power outage jolted the two and they became more alert with their surroundings. "Oh, what happened?" Soojin asked as she closed her book and peeked outside the fort looking for anything suspicious. "I think the power went out," Soeun replied as she crawled to the entrance of the fort, using the light-emitting from her console.

"It must be because of the storm," Soojin commented.

"Wait here I'll go get a flashlight," Soeun said as she went out of the fort and used the light from her console to guide her. She sauntered around the room trying to find a flashlight. After a few moments, she finally found it on one of the shelves. "Found it!" She exclaimed as she grabbed it and jogged back to the fort. "Here," she handed Soojin the flashlight.

Both of them squinted their eyes from the blinding light of the flashlight. When their eyes readjusted to the light, Soojin aimed the flashlight to her book and resumed reading. They both sat in silence as the sound of the stormy rain accompanied them.

Soeun grew bored of her game and turned off her handheld console. She was curious about the book Soojin was reading. "Do you like that book?"

"Yeah" Soojin affirmed.

"What's it about?" Soeun questioned as she crawled near Soojin and laid beside her.

Soojin closed her book and adjusted her legs from her previous sitting position and laid beside Soeun. "Well, it's about a guy wanting to invite the girl that he likes to prom," Soojin explained as she aimed the flashlight upwards, illuminating the whole fort.

"Did he succeed?" Soeun whispered. They were both staring at the roof of the fort side by side as their eyes wandered around.

"I don't know, I haven't finished the book yet." Soojin replied. " but I hope he does."

Soeun turned her head and admired Soojin's side profile. She's so pretty, I'm so lucky I met her.

"Hey, Ddujin?" Soojin smiled at the nickname.

"Hm?"

"When we grow up, will you be my partner to prom?" Soojin turned her head to Soeun and looked at her in the eye.

"Partner?"

"Yeah, I don't want to go to prom with anyone else but you," Soeun confessed. There's just something so captivating about Soojin's eyes that always seem to hypnotize her and get lost. Like you could see the whole universe in her eyes. She always felt funny on the stomach whenever she's with Soojin but always brushed it off as hunger. "Will you be my partner to prom?" Soeun proposed softly as they gazed at one another.


"Of course I would," Soojin beamed.


"Okay then!" Soeun grinned from ear to ear, her eyes almost disappearing. "I promise that when we grow up, I will invite you to be my partner to prom!"


"Do you pinky promise?" Soojin asked and held out her pinky finger.


"I pinky promise," Soeun promised and interlocked her pinky finger with Soojin.


_______________



"Ughhh" Soeun groaned and closed her eyes, avoiding to witness the scene in front of her. After the poster was posted three days ago informing everyone about prom, the whole student body started inviting others by either serenading, offering gifts that consist of a bouquet, chocolates, balloons, and a teddy bear, or just students randomly singing and dancing. It was fine at first but now it was starting to annoy her.

The three of them were sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria when she noticed Jimin angrily munching on her sandwich while glaring daggers at a guy standing beside the popular kids' table serenading to Jaehee. He was singing a corny song and playing the guitar while his friends backed him up and sang along each holding a balloon with chocolates, teddy bears.

Soojin and Hyewon continued eating looking bored while Jihyo somewhat enjoyed the performance; Jaehee just stared at the guy and his friends with a blank expression. Random students would just come up to their table and always cause a big commotion asking them to prom.

Everyone in the whole cafeteria was staring at
their table although it wasn't new for them to receive a promposal. They've been receiving a lot lately especially Soojin.

When the guy and his friends finished singing, one of his friends twisted the bottom of the confetti cannon, colorful papers shot in the air and rained down as they revealed a poster with big bold letters that says "Jaehee will you be my prom date?"

The confetti continued to rain down on their table quickly covering the girls' food. Yikes, they can't even eat in peace. Soeun thought as she noticed that Soojin and Hyewon stopped eating.


"I hope his gets rejected," Jimin grumbled as she continued to glare at the poor guy.

The guy and his friends all waited in anticipation for Jaehee's answer. Somehow already knowing what she'll say.

"No," Jaehee replied coldly with a blank expression. She averted her gaze from them and continued with her business.


Despite a lot of students asking them to be their dates to prom, they have never accepted a single promposal. This only made the students try harder to win their affections like some kind of competition of 'who will be lucky enough to be their date'.

The guy dejectedly left their table as his friends surrounded him and comforted him.


"And another one bites the dust," Jiyoon commented as she already expected this to happen.

"If Jaehee rejected all those other promposals what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter