Chapter 1

Everything Comes Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The warm sun and baby blue skies accompanied by laughter and constant stomping and chasing were Soeun and Soojin's ideal weekend play day.

Children littered around the playground, each lost in their fantasy world playing while the two of them were playing a game of their own.

Soeun wiped her sand-covered hands in her overalls as she approached Soojin having a new game idea in mind. "Soojinnie, let's race to the top of the playground!" She exclaimed as she held onto her playmate's arm and led her to the edge of the playground.

They both stood side by side as Soeun gazed at her. She looks so cute in her pigtails and pink sundress. Her thoughts were abruptly cut off as Soojin looked over her and asked "What now?"

Composing herself, she blinked multiply times before pointing to the top of the large playground. "You see that tower over there? Whoever touches it first, wins."

Soojin looked hesitant with Soeun's game idea. She nervously stared at the rampant children surrounding the playground. Some were pushing other kids just to get to the slide first, others were climbing up and down the metal rods sometimes dangling and those who were high on sugar were just zooming wherever their little legs led them. It was chaotic.

"S-ssong, can't we just play here?" She requested while sporting her signature pout.

"Aww c'mon, it'll be fun!" She happily exclaimed, hoping to encourage her friend. "If you win, I'll do anything you want."

Soojin perked up, interested by the bet. "And if you win?"

"...You'll buy me a popsicle?"

"Deal." Soojin decided determined that she'll win.


Soeun and Soojin have been best friends since birth. Their mothers are close friends and their houses are located right across each other. It's always been the two of them. Soojin was a year older than Soeun and was always shy but she was kind and though Soeun was the only friend she has, she would never have it any other way. Soeun was adventurous and friendly. She would always persuade Soojin to try new things to help her break free from her comfort zone. Even with Soeun having other friends, she would always spend her time with Soojin. They were both inseparable. They balance one another and help each other to become better.


They both positioned themselves as they got ready to sprint. Soeun adjusted her posture "On three we run, okay?" Soojin nodded.

"One."

"Two."


"THREE!"


They sprinted as fast as they could to the playground.

Soojin headed to the metal rod ladder closest to the tower while Soeun was running towards the red spiral slide on the far left. She went too far. She thought to herself as she started climbing the ladder, being cautious of the other children. When she reached the top, she looked over to Soeun to see her climbing up to the spiral slide, she even tripped multiple times as the slide was slippery. What is she doing? Soojin internally said as she giggled.

Her next obstacle was the wobbly bridge. This was her least favorite obstacle as it always made her feel like she would fall off the bridge given how wobbly it was. Swallowing her nervousness she made it across safely and jogged towards the tower and tapped it. Elated with victory she broke into a smile and cheered "Yah Park Soeun, I won!" She saw that Soeun was halfway into the slide when a kid sat went into the slide that Soeun was climbing from. When the kid reached Soeun, both of them collided and slid towards the sand toppling over each other. After witnessing this, Soojin immediately ran to Soeun's aid.

"Are you okay?" She asked her voice full of concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Don't worry Sojinnie" Soeun reassured her with a smile.

"Your knees are red! They must hurt." Soojin pointed. "Come on let's sit on that bench over there." She assisted Soeun in standing up and walked towards the nearest bench.

"Ddujin, I told you I'm fine it doesn't even hurt!" Soeun argued.

"No, you're not. We can't have your injury getting worse."

They both sat on the bench when an ice cream truck suddenly approache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter