EPILOGUE

The Walk Back Home

Author’s Note: If you're reading this far, I want to thank you. If you enjoyed this story any, even if it was moderate, I want to thank you. I want to thank every single person that subscribed and read and commented. Thank you so much! This has been so much fun. I've missed this fandom and writing fanfics, and coming back to it has truly made me realize how much I've missed the community that writing creates. I love and appreciate you all! See you all around.

 

EPILOGUE

 

 “What are your plans for your birthday?” 

 

Yunho popped his eyes open and tried to pull Jaejoong back in for another kiss. Jaejoong smiled at him, shook his head and pulled back all the way. He sat up on his bed. 

 

Yunho sighed. “Okay. No more kissing.”

 

“We have time for that. An infinite amount of time. I want to talk about your birthday.”

 

“We just celebrated Christmas. Yesterday.”

 

“So? It’s the 6th of February. I want us to celebrate together. Our birthdays are so close."

 

"We can do that."

 

Jaejoong smiled and pressed a soft kiss on the corner of his mouth. "Great! we need to plan.”

 

“Plan?”

 

“I want to throw you a birthday party. Something small.”

 

“No.”

 

“It’ll be just a little dinner party with your friends.”

 

“And yours?”

 

He looked at him. “Well, some of them. They’re not all that bad. I kind of want you to meet them and get to know them. With no prior biases.”

 

Yunho sighed. “Jaejoong. I’m fine. I already have all the friends I need.” He reached for his hand and tried to pull him against him. 

 

“I kind of want to tell them we’re dating.”

 

“What?” Yunho stopped in his tracks, right as he was laining in to kiss him. 

 

“Why not?” Jaejoong asked, growing irritated. “They know you’re gay.”

 

“Yeah. And we’re friends.” Yunho caressed his cheek. “Plus, they don’t need to know.”

 

Jaejoong kissed him softly on his closed mouth. “I know, but I want them to know we’re together.” He pulled his head back with a smile. “Plus, who cares?”

 

“Aren’t you just looking for a way to come out?”

 

He shrugged. “Yes, and?” He said in a whisper.

 

“I mean, Jaejoong, do you even know what you are proposing?”

 

“Yeah.” He nodded.

 

“Are you ready to come out to your family?”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “Kind of already have done that.”

 

Placing his hand on his shoulder, Yunho pushed his head back and said, “What? When? Why did you tell me?”

 

He gave him a coy smile. “Not all of them. Just my sister.”

 

He felt as if he was a mirror that had been abruptly pushed to the ground to be broken into tiny pieces. “Ooh.”

 

“She saw me texting you last night. Apparently, my face gave it all away.”

 

“Ooh.” Yunho couldn’t hold back his smile, his heart fluttered.

 

“But, I don’t know, Jaejoong. I am more of a...private dater.”

 

“I am not.” He laughed. “I want everyone to know that you’re mine,” he said with a loving grin, crawling towards his side.

 

“Which will happen without us hosting a party to tell the town.”

 

“Just our friends.” Jaejoong sat up again. “Why are you so against this? I mean, you came out in front of everyone.”

 

“Well, not really. I still haven’t told my grandparents yet.”

 

“I am pretty sure they know.”

 

“Yeah. But I want to tell them from my own mouth.”

 

“Don’t worry.” Jaejoong his thigh. “They’ll definitely accept you.”

 

“It’s not that. I mean, I don’t think I am scared.”

 

Jaejoong laughed and dropped a kiss on his cheek. “You got this.”

 

Yunho shrugged. “I guess it’s okay.”

 

“Huh.”
 

“Telling them.”

 

“It's not going to be an epic come-out or anything,” Jaejoong assured. “It’ll be more of a...well, a party.”

 

Yunho laughed.

 

Jaejoong kissed him.

 

That warm, happy feeling creeped in his stomach. It felt like a million butterflies took residency in his belly. 

 

He pulled back, but maintained eye contact. He said in a serious voice, “I love you.”

 

“Whoa!” Jaejoong exclaimed, his fingers digging into Yunho's shoulders.

 

“Yeah, I do. And you?”

 

“Do you even have to ask?” He leaned in and kissed Yunho.

 

Against his lips, Yunho said, “I still want to hear it from your mouth.”

 

“Yes, stupid. I love you.”

 

Smiling, Yunho captured his lips in another kiss and kissed him as if it was their last day on Earth.

 

THE END