ㅡ she deals with mimi

How Long?

  Mihyun fell in love the first time she saw Shiah  

 

Shiah was not her first girlfriend but she thinks she's the best one she had so far. Mihyun started exploring her dating life when she graduated from high school. She had quite a few girlfriends and flings but no one lasted longer than two months. 

 

Don't get her wrong, she's not a playgirl. The breakups were mostly mutual. Her first girlfriend broke up with her because the girl thinks it was too fast. She agreed. Her second girlfriend-- well, broke up with her because the sparks didn't stay that long between them. She wanted to try it for a bit more but the girl didn't want to. She had no choice but to accept what happened. The third one-- the one before Shiah, was Mihyun who suggested they just broke up. The girl was from another department and the only time they can see each other was every Saturday: take note that it's just the Saturday lunch. Add to it that Mihyun felt like they were just forcing it to happen. They broke up, obviously. 

 

Let's just say Mihyun had it rough looking for the perfect one.

 

After all that she experienced, she didn't stop finding the one. Her thoughts were always filled with what ifs. What if this girl is the one and I let her go? What if that girl was the one and I didn't talk to her? What if that girl was the one and I gave up before we can even get to know each other? 

 

Mihyun wasn't the one to love romance.. But it gets tiring not to have someone she could spoil, she could care for. Especially when she knows she has a lot of free time. 

 

"I told you to get a cat. That, you can spoil." Hyojung says, holding a book in her hand while catching up on Mihyun and Jiho walking.

 

"She's right! Get a cat, the world won't run out of girlfriends to give you. You're still young and you can worry about it later." 

 

They're at the registrar's office, claiming their schedules for the summer classes. Mihyun already heard them say this advice a lot of times before, whenever her girlfriend breaks up with her.  Get a cat. Since all they hear from Mihyun is that she wants to take care of someone. Mihyun already has cats though, but they're at home and having cats is different from having a girlfriend.

 

"But we can't have animals in the dorms." Mihyun excused. It was true, Jiho and Hyojung knew about it because they're roommates.

 

"Yeah, right. You're hopeless." Jiho gave her a light pat on her arm and Mihyun shook it off. The three of them leaned their backs on the wall next to the staircase, taking a minute to rest before they go back to their dorm.

 

She glanced over the building across them where she used to come and visit her ex-girlfriend, remembering how it felt to expect to be with someone at the end of the day. It felt so good. But she should stop-- she has to stop looking over there, and move on- 

 

look forward

 

Mihyun looked forward and saw a girl walking around the hallway. Long, dark brown, straight hair; sharp jawline cupping that very small doll-like face; rounded eyes with orbs glistening, busy-- busy looking everywhere. Is she lost? 

 

"Give it a rest, Mim. Someone will come, don't force it."

 

"Mihyun, are you even listening?" 

 

Mihyun nodded absentmindedly, she pointed at the girl from a  distance. She may be blinking, but she can't take her eyes off her: that pretty girl who looked tall from where Mihyun was standing. 

 

"Who's that?" She asked them, hoping Hyojung knows the girl because they all knew Jiho is the least sociable person among them.

 

"Who?" Hyojung leaned her arm on the wall and faced the direction where Mihyun was pointing at. Even Jiho looked and there was only one person standing out among those students.

 

"What-- Oh.." Hyojung grinned at Mihyun when she realized. Jiho laughed teasingly and hits her shoulder with a slight punch.

 

"And we have a new contender, ladies, and gentlewomen!" Jiho announced, Mihyun rolled her eyes when her friends even clapped hands to annoy her more.

 

Instead of trying to make them stop, she just focused back on the girl still walking alone. Then it came to her, the girl is walking towards them-- the pretty girl is approaching them.

 

"Shut. Shh! She's coming."

 

Thankfully, Hyojung and Jiho immediately stopped laughing, although there was still the teasing grin from Jiho and Hyojung-- she just doesn't stop smiling. Mihyun stood properly, tried her best to act casually once the girl was less than a meter away from her. 

 

"Hi, have you seen three girls standing right around here earlier?" She's talking. Mihyun's heart skipped a beat, the girl's voice captivated her even more. "One of them is taller than the two. I just went to the restroom and when I get back here, they're gone.."

 

Mihyun admits-- she was unable to comprehend anything the girl just said, or asked, or whatever was stated in front of her face. How could she when the most attractive girl ever was talking so close in front of her? Luckily, her friends read through her eyes-- that she's not going to answer anything helpful for the girl asking.

 

Jiho stepped in, "No, there was no one here." The taller student said, giving the girl an assuring look that she was telling the truth. 

 

"Oh. Thanks anyway." Wait- don't leave yet.. Mihyun talked-- in her head. 

 

"Hey, Mimi, are you okay?" Jiho chuckled, snapping her fingers close to Mihyun's face.

 

Mihyun was okay. She is. She knows she is. But damned was her when she couldn't get herself to talk infront of the pretty girl earlier. Why was it so hard? She felt Hyojung slapping her shoulder once and that's when she finally choked a noise.

 

"Ouch! I told you to stop hitting me like that!" Mihyun whined, but her gaze left Hyojung so quick to find where the girl might have walked away to.

 

"Wow, you're so bad at this," Jiho whispered, watching her watch another girl walk away just like that. 

 

Mihyun would want to come after her, talk to her and apologize for not answering her question earlier- or if she came out rude. But she didn't know if it's the right thing to do. She just.. had.. three bad experiences with girls. Am I ready for another one? 

 

"Go! Go! Get her number!" Hyojung pushed her. Who am I kidding? She just needed her friend to encourage her and here she is, running towards the girl who already turned to walk down the stairs.

 

"Hi- Hey!" The girl was already taking a step into the stairs when Mihyun pulled at her wrist and forced her to look back. Quickly, Mihyun let go of her wrist when she met those eyes again. "I- I can help you find them."

 

She heard a small chuckle from the girl. "How?"

 

"I'll come with you look for them," Mihyun replied immediately, flexing a cheeky smile-- the one Hyojung and Jiho said was her charm. 

 

The girl looked at her, it felt intense for Mihyun, because it's like she was examining Mihyun's character from how she offered to help. After a minute, the girl opened to talk but closed it again when the phone on her hand rang a beep. Mihyun waited as the girl checked the text message she just received.

 

"Oh, haha. It's okay! Yubin just texted me. They're at the cafeteria." Who's Yubin? Is that her friend?

 

Anyway, Mihyun nodded to let her know she understood. "Ah.. That's good then. Can I get your name and number at least?"

 

"My.. number?" The girl was smiling, Mihyun think the girl must be getting this question a lot, given that she's pretty. She must be used to this by now that she wasn't taken aback.

 

"Yes, you're really pretty." Mihyun said, then gulped after-- she was really nervous. If the girl didn't notice that, she's sure her friend would have if they were here watching.

 

The girl nodded, laid her palm as she asked for Mihyun's phone. Of course, Mihyun was fast fishing her phone from her pocket when the girl asked. She unlocked her phone and went straight to contacts. While watching the girl type her contact details on her phone, Mihyun stared at her small face and noticed something: that aside from her beautiful features, she was blushing. The girl is blushing, is it because of me?

 

"Shiah?" Mihyun reads once she got her phone back. Shiah nodded and smiled at her. Pretty name. 

 

Mihyun scratched her head a little, thinking of what else to say. She looked back at her friends, with a slight hope that they could help her and when she did, she saw Hyojung making a gesture-- calling on her phone.

 

"Thanks. Um right, here, let me give you a ring." With her thumb shaking, she clicked on Shiah's contact number to ring her phone. After a second or two, they saw Mihyun's contact number appearing on Shiah's screen.

 

Shiah giggled and showed her the phone screen, waving it slightly before closing it. "I guess I'll wait for your text then..." Shiah gazed down on Mihyun's shirt-- no, her ID.

 

"Mihyun." Shiah reads her name from her ID, smiling at her again before turning her back, resuming her way back downstairs before Mihyun stopped her earlier.

 

"I guess I'll text you," Mihyun whispers to herself as Shiah vanished from her sight. 

 

And that was their start.

 

For Hyojung and Jiho, this new page of Mihyun showing interest in another girl is just a commercial break. The real episode for them is how they will be girlfriends, how long will they last, and how will they break up. 

 

"Don't jinx it!" Mihyun scolded them, she's waiting by the school gate for Shiah. They stayed up late last night texting each other and sort of agreed to meet at the school gate so they could go to class together. 

 

Yes. Fortunately for Mihyun, Shiah happened to be in the class where she, Hyojung and Jiho enrolled at. I got lucky. They chose not to enroll in their original block for this semester and now she's classmates with the pretty girl named Shiah.

 

She can't blame her friends for their nonstop teasing. They're telling the truth, Mihyun's love life is interesting. Hyojung has a very stable relationship with someone from another university named Hyejin. Mihyun and Jiho saw her a few times when she visits Hyojung in their dorm. Jiho, just like how Mihyun described her earlier, she's not the type to befriend a lot of people, let alone date people.. so she's very much single. The result? They look forward to seeing how Mihyun's love life would do.

 

"Here she comes! Shut up, you two! Go! Go away." Hyojung and Jiho move to the side, not because they want to, but because Mihyun pushed them away when she saw Shiah walking towards them.

 

The thing is, she's not alone, and she's not just walking. She's jogging- no, they are jogging. Mimi finds it cute, too early in the morning for Shiah to get herself sweating. She wonders who the other girl is, could it be Yubin? She immediately checked her phone- to Shiah's profile on her sns. Scrolling on her timeline and there it is- she sees Shiah and the girl-- Yubin together in the photos. 

 

 

The post was captioned: Best. 

 

Is it short for bestfriends? Mihyun honestly found it endearing and sort of making her feel envious of Yubin. Especially that Shiah and Yubin are holding hands while running. Do people normally do that? No, but it seems like Shiah and Yubin are close friends, close enough to do that. It's the dream. Yubin is living my dream. 

 

"Hey." Mihyun raised her right hand and waved at Shiah when they arrived. In the past nights, all Mihyun had been thinking about is.. Shiah. She just can't help it. 

 

"Hi, Mihyun! Good morning." Shiah smiled at her, tucking some strands of her hair behind her ear. As if she wants Mihyun to die right here.

 

They stayed there, standing by the gate for a minute or two. Shiah asked if she had been waiting and Mihyun replied it hasn't been that long. After that, they had nothing to talk about and all that was left to do is go to their rooms. That was before Mihyun remembered Shiah is with her friend.

 

"Uh," Mihyun laid eyes on the other girl who was only standing behind Shiah, facing Shiah, looking at Shiah only. Didn't even bother greeting Mihyun. She must be shy. 

 

Shiah seemed to realize they haven't been introduced. "Oh- She's Yubin, my bestfriend."

 

Bestfriend. Oh good. I was right.

 

"Ah, hello! I think we're classmates too, right?" Mihyun reached her hand forward for a handshake, and finally, Yubin looked back at her. 

 

"Yes, Shiah already told me about you," Yubin replied shortly, smiling at her before shaking her hand. After that, nothing. Mihyun felt like she missed giving her attention to Shiah that her eyes immediately went back to the girl.

 

"Let's go?" Mihyun asked her with a cheeky smile. 

 

"Let's!" Shiah responded excitedly before she started walking.. with Yubin.

 

Shiah and Yubin walked forward, Mihyun was left behind them, confused. I thought we were going to walk together. She scratched her head once again, thinking if she should catch up and walk next to Shiah but then, Hyojung and Jiho joined her.

 

"Aww, looks like she doesn't want to walk with you." Jiho teased while they walked side by side. It's good she wasn't talking loudly that Yubin and Shiah wouldn't hear them but still, Mihyun hoped she'd just shut up.

 

"Yubin's her bestfriend. Of course, they'll walk together." Mihyun says, defending Shiah like it's her job.

 

Hyojung continued laughing, "And you dared to shoo us away."

 

"Ya, if you guys weren't here I'll be with them right now!"

 

Hyojung and Jiho didn't stop teasing her until Shiah and Yubin slowed down walking and the five of them eventually walked together. It wasn't awkward since they-- Yubin and Shiah, and Hyojung-- have one mutual friend: Seunghee. They talked about other stuff like their professors and schedules too, but all Mihyun could think about is that she's walking beside Shiah.

 

They reached their classroom soon and Mihyun thinks she already knew all of Seunghee's interaction with her friends and Shiah's. In the span of ten minutes, she got to know things about Seunghee instead of Shiah. So to make up for it, she thought it would be fun if she'd be seated next to Shiah but when they entered the room, Jiho pulled her to the back seats. 

 

"Mims, where are you going?" Jiho asks, one hand holding on her arm. Mihyun looked at Jiho then her gaze followed the direction where Shiah was going.

 

"Just sit here! You know we won't fit on that row, they already occupied four seats there." Jiho said, letting go of her arm before sitting on the leftmost corner of the room.

 

Hyojung took the seat next to Jiho and Mihyun-- with no choice left on her plate-- had seated on the vacant seat next to Hyojung. Her eyes immediately found their way to the girl she's crushing on for the past few days. She didn't just look at Shiah though, she looks at Yubin and Shiah laughing together.

 

As they sat, Hyojung whispered to Jiho, "That girl Yewon keeps looking at you, I think she's checking you out." 

 

"Ya- you're imagining things."

 

But Mihyun can't comprehend what they're talking about. It's not that she doesn't want to.. It's just that her head is full of Shiah.

 

Mihyun liked the fact that Shiah has Yubin on her side. At least she knows there's someone who can help her get to know Shiah on phase 2. Yes, with the number of times she tried to get to know the people she dated and almost dated, she ends up developing a quick method to get to know someone. 

 

The question here is how will she get closer to Yubin.

 

Anyway, she'll worry about that later. For now, the first phase.. is to get closer to Shiah.

 

"You want to get snacks together?" Mihyun asked Shiah when she approached their seats after their first class was dismissed.

 

It's Jiho's fault for not wanting to sit in the middle part of the room. Now, she has to come over their row and act chill and confident though she knows deep inside that she isn't.

 

"Sure." Shiah picks her purse up from her desk and stood up, excusing herself from her friends. "Your treat?" 

 

Jiho a lot back then, with her exes, when she tries to take them out on a date. Jiho said Mihyun only uses her money for her girls and honestly? It's true, she does. How can she not if a girl she's crushing on is so cute that she can't help but treat her?

 

"So um, you said last night that you live in dorms?" Mihyun leaned on the cold metal pole as Shiah works on the vending machine. 

 

"Yep! Not actual dorms, but an apartment- with Yubin." That explains it then. Mihyun smiled as she stared at Shiah's face while the girl focused on picking which drink would she buy.

 

"Ah.. You two seemed so close, that must be why." 

 

This is what the first phase is all about. Getting to know each other, lone time with each other. Mihyun loves observing people, she loves discovering new things, and soon the best things about the person she likes.

 

"Yes," Shiah chuckled. "We live together that we already know everything about each other."

 

"Hahaha, that's nice."

 

Once Shiah got herself a can of cola, they decided to grab hotdog-on-sandwich too. Shiah bought two sets, one for her and the other for Yubin. Seeing how good of a friend was Shiah, Mihyun felt like she needs to do the same. She ends up buying for Hyojung and Jiho too.

 

"How about you? Hyojung's your roommate, right?" Shiah takes a bite after asking, Mihyun chucked when she saw the girl's cheeks huffing.

 

"Both Hyojung and Jiho. We live in the school dorms."

 

Talking to Shiah is fun and entertaining, and absolutely not boring. It's the nature of adoration. You will always be interested to someone you adore.

 

"Mhmm. They say there are ghosts in the hallways there."

 

"What-- ya, don't joke like that, we have evening classes!"

 

"You're so cute Mihyun, scaredy big bear." Shiah giggled, hitting her shoulder playfully as they walked back to their room.

 

Mihyun snorted a bit, Shiah didn't fail to notice her small reactions. "What?"

 

"Nothing, it's just that you complimented me but I think you're way cuter."

 

"Shut up."

 

It is cute. To hear someone cute complimenting her. But conversations aren't always about giving compliments, it's about knowing the person you talk to. In Mihyun's case though, she does not just get to know Shiah, she also gets bonus trivia about Yubin. 

 

"So.. tell me more about yourself."

 

"Um.. hm.. my birth date is on September 17. Yubin and I are both Virgos. Her birthday is on September 9."

 

"Oh wow, that must be fun. Two birthdays in a row."

 

So, Mihyun likes observing. Sometimes she could see what kind of person someone is by listening to their responses, and how they take the conversations. What she noticed on Shiah.. was that the girl is not all about herself.

 

"Yes! Ever since we knew each other, we've been celebrating birthdays together."

 

"Ah, really? How long have you known each other?" As much as Mihyun wants Shiah to talk solely about herself, she just went with the flow, it is still fun listening to Shiah talk to her.

 

"Let's see.. It started in first-year high school.. so.. six to seven years, I think?"

 

"Oh wow, that's long enough."

 

How many years were those? Six? Almost seven, then? Mihyun smiled and took a tip from the juice box she bought earlier. Somehow, she finds it interesting that Shiah and Yubin are that close. Who knows? Maybe Yubin could help her.

 

"Right? She managed to handle me all these years." Shiah may be talking down about herself but she sounded proud. 

 

"Hahahah, why? Are you that wild?" 

 

As they arrived back to their classroom, Mihyun stepped up first to open the door for Shiah.

 

"You haven't seen a lot of me, Mihyun." The girl grinned at her before walking in.

 

"I'll be glad to see then," Mihyun replied, anticipating.

 

Shiah is very interesting. Mihyun found herself getting more attracted to her whenever she talks about anything. The two of them quickly found a comfortable way of getting closer to each other: talking. So every after dismissal, Mihyun texts Shiah once they get back to the dorms. They call sometimes too but mostly texting. 

 

One night-- that night of Wednesday, after a week of them getting to know each other, Mihyun called Shiah.

 

"Hello?" There it is, the soft voice she missed already although it's only been a day since they have last seen each other. 

 

"Hey." Mihyun smiled, in the dark, like an idiot.

 

It's better that Shiah didn't see her smiling like a fool by just hearing her voice. It would be embarrassing. Hyojung and Jiho are sleeping in their respective beds. Not wanting to wake her friends or have them waking up to her talking to Shiah at night, Mihyun got off her bed and walked out of their room.

 

"Why are you still awake, Kim Mihyun?"

 

"My roommates are asleep, but I feel wide awake. I don't know why." She takes her slippers and walked bare feet to avoid making any noise as Jiho's pretty sensitive to noise when asleep.

 

"Must be because you're thinking about me."

 

Walking by their common room, Mihyun stopped for a moment. Feeling a small tingling in her chest as she understood what Shiah just said. Kim Mihyun is very much flattered. Yoo Shiah, the kind of woman you are. 

 

"Y-yeah, I guess so."

 

"Hahaha, well.. to be fair, I have a lot of things in my head too. Right now, I'm outside the apartment building, Yubin's sleeping in our room."

 

"Hmm, do you want to meet up, then?" 

 

For the record, Mihyun really did want to see Shiah. It was what her heart wanted. She has never done this before-- go out in the middle of the night without her friends knowing to meet a girl. But what else could happen? Mihyun had many first times that night.

 

"Isn't it cold? Why aren't you wearing a coat or something?" Shiah is even cuter when she cares.

 

Mihyun shook her head, "No, I don't feel cold. I'm fine, don't worry."

 

It's her first time coming to this part of the neighborhood. She didn't know it would be this cold here but she's good at acting. When she went out, she did not think of changing clothes so here she is, wearing black and gray pajamas with a beanie over her black hair.

 

"Are we gonna stay here and not talk about anything?" Mihyun joked. It's been minutes since they met and had been sitting on the same spot-- on the bench by Shiah's apartment building, not talking about anything.

 

"Hahaha, sorry.. I don't know if I want to share my thoughts right now." Shiah let out a deep sigh, Mihyun nodded, wondering what could be in Shiah's head.

 

"Are they about me?" Mihyun joked, expecting a little. Please say yes, please say yes.

 

"Hm.. similar." I could take that as a yes. 

 

"What- Similar?" Mihyun chuckles. Shiah looked at her but she noticed that the girl is not as cheerful as she was in their past interactions. "Okay, I won't force you." She could be sleepy.

 

Mihyun, feeling a little awkward that she and Shiah are not talking as much as they did in the past days-- remained seated, staring at the bricks on the pavement as she acts casual around Shiah.

 

"Tell me about yourself, Mihyun." Shiah speaks, now giving a slight smile and it only made Mihyun a bit.. unusual. It's the feeling of trying out something new. 

 

"Me?" It is the first time they're gonna talk about her. Shiah nodded, smiling a little cuter now and that made Mihyun feel much better. 

 

"I like a lot of hobbies, I play drums, I draw sometimes, I write too, sometimes. I have three cats at home."

 

She has a lot of hobbies and things about herself that could fascinate someone she wants to impress. Like Hyojung said one time, if she was single, she'd find Mihyun interesting that she'd want to get to know her. Mihyun hopes Shiah feels the same as Hyojung right now. Because if she doesn't, then Mihyun would have to think of her backup hobbies she could tell. 

 

"Wow, you're so cool." Shiah giggles, eyes twinkling that although Mihyun's sight of the surroundings that night is much of sepia, Shiah's eyes still stood out the most. 

 

"Am I?" She chuckled awkwardly, feeling a little better now that they're laughing again.

 

"Yes, you have cats? You must be a good parent then." Shiah moved closer to her, Mihyun stiffened.

 

"Mm.. Maybe?" She grinned by herself, unable to glance at Shiah who's sitting a centimeter away from her now.

 

"Your hobbies are so cool. I can't even memorize drumming routines.. but I like writing too."

 

That's one of the best parts of knowing something about someone: when you realize you have something in common. It's like a glimpse of the silver-lining opening through the gateway of your relationship with someone, knowing you'll have more things to talk about from that matter.

 

"It's fun, isn't it?"

 

"Yep! It's like.. I have the chance to say things I wasn't able to deliver."

 

"That's deep."

 

She's got to say.. Shiah was the very first girl she ever liked to talk to her like this. It's mostly all about the girlfriends, not Mihyun, not Mihyun's hobbies, not writing. But with Shiah, it's a new experience. Everything is new.

 

"But it's what makes writing more interesting." Yes.

 

Mihyun nodded in agreement, leaning her head on the wall behind their seat. Aside from writing, she had a few experiences in reading. "Being able to swim on the writer's thoughts while you read their works."

 

"Sadly, I don't think anyone has ever read my writings," Shiah mumbles after letting out a sigh. 

 

It felt difficult. Shiah giving her new experiences, new feelings, and stuff only made it difficult for Mihyun to read her. Especially now, she knows deep down that Shiah had been preoccupied with something. It's worse because she can never tell. It feels like she can never guess.

 

"What do you usually write? Poems? Stories?" Mihyun asked, set in mind that she wrote verses and she can tell Shiah about it.

 

"Letters."  Shiah said, but her tone was neither proud nor excited. With the lack of a smile on Shiah's face, Mihyun started feeling nervous.

 

"Ohh, that must be nice. Are you not the type to say things straightforwardly?" Mihyun tired, tried her best to sound casual, and it might have worked because Shiah's next response was giggly and excited.

 

"Hahaha, I don't know! But, I know I can say all the things I want to tell you." Shiah's hand landed on top of Mihyun's as she said this, catching her attention more than she already did in the past hour.

 

"Things like?" Mihyun couldn't help smiling in relief now, her hand slowly curling against Shiah's.

 

"You're a very interesting person, Mihyun." Shiah gave her a smile again, their hands slowly, very slowly moving to hold onto each other.

 

"You are too." But before Mihyun could lock her hand with Shiah's, 

 

"We should go and get some sleep now." Shiah stood up from her seat, giggling as she looked at Mihyun's disappointed and dissatisfied expression.

 

"Yeah, we should." Mihyun got up and yawned a bit, giving Shiah a small smile as she stretched her arms.

 

"It would be fun if we do this again next time." Shiah says, as if suggesting. Mihyun chuckled softly as she steps away a little. 

 

Shiah did the same, they faced each other while slowly backing away. "It would be more fun if we go out on a date, maybe, some time."

 

Shiah smiled and nodded. "Maybe, if you'll ask me out."

 

"Yeah, maybe I'll ask you out." Mihyun laughed softly, with that distance between them, she waved at the other girl.

 

After the long night thinking about how it felt good when she knew she made Shiah feel better that night, Mihyun slept very well, woke up happy, and continued to talk to Shiah through texts, free break times, and sometimes text at night as well. She wonders.. it's gonna be more amazing if she gets to do it anytime she wants. How? How do I get a chance to make Shiah smile everytime I want to? 

 

"Jiho, you have to help me." On Sunday, Mihyun decided to ask Jiho's help.

 

"What now.." Sleepy Jiho slapped Mihyun's face with a pillow. Mihyun threw the pillow back on Jiho's bed and repeatedly poked Jiho's cheek again.

 

"Mimi, let her sleep, she stayed up late waiting for a text from that cute girl in our class."

 

That was Hyojung cooking from their kitchen aisle. Mihyun furrowed her eyebrows before getting up, knowing Jiho's already awake but isn't ready to get off her bed yet. 

 

"What? Why was she waiting for her text?" Mihyun asked as she walked out of the bedroom and takes her seat across Hyojung who was cooking so busy at the back of the aisle.

 

"The girl said she'll give Jiho a text about the final project and Jiho thought she's gonna text her last night." 

 

They have this final project. Jiho and Yewon are the class representatives for that class since their professor favored their looks. It happens sometimes. When they were introducing themselves, the two caught their professor's attention and they end up being the class leaders for that course only.

 

"Waited for a text about a class project? Wow Jiho, I don't even know you anymore." Mihyun said loudly, for Jiho to hear even from outside the room. Hyojung chuckled.

 

"Go away, let me sleep!" Jiho shouted from the room, soon after, they saw a pillow flying across their small living room.

 

"What do you need her for?" Hyojung asks after she's finished cooking and is already setting the table for their breakfast. Mihyun smiled confidently before responding.

 

"I'm going to ask Shiah to date me." She replied with a sly smile on her face. Hyojung stopped putting the plates on the table and gave her a look.

 

"Already..?" Hyojung looked shocked. Was it unexpected? I've been telling them about Shiah for days though.

 

"It's only been days, I know. But.. but she keeps hinting that she wants it too." Mihyun explained. It just feels itchy knowing they both want it and they could be together already instead of playing push and pull. 

 

Hyojung shrugged at her but says it's up to Mihyun. For a moment, Mihyun starts doubting her plan. Was I overreacting? But then, after a minute, she heard footsteps coming from their bedroom and soon came Jiho holding a pillow while walking towards their dining table.

 

"Fine. I'm up." Jiho mumbled with eyes still closed. Mihyun chuckled.

 

She had it all set up. No-- Jiho had it all set up for Mihyun. All she had to do is ask Shiah if she wants to meet up again later that night. You see, Jiho is a genius organizer. She helped Mihyun by setting up romantic lights on that spot where Mihyun and Shiah met the other night. Jiho also lent her pocket speakers for Mihyun. It would be amazing, it should be. 

 

"All you have to do is click on this button, okay?" Jiho pressed Mihyun's thumb on the play button and there's a loud shriek from the speakers. Mihyun immediately turned the volume down and stopped the music from playing. 

 

"Jiho, I know how to use my phone," Mihyun says while pulling her hand away from Jiho, the latter laughed beside her.

 

"Just checking. Who knows? Maybe Shiah will be the one who never gets away. At least I played a big part in it." Jiho teased. Yes, this is the first time Jiho is helping Mihyun in getting a girl. It was usually just Mihyun herself.

 

"I'm going now." Mihyun informed her, putting the speaker in her pocket after she received a text from Shiah.

 

Jiho giggled and gave her shoulder a light pat. "Good luck Mims!"

 

She's meeting Shiah again. It's 10 PM and as she expected, it is cold again. Of course, she made sure to wear a coat this time, not forgetting how Shiah noticed it the last time they did this. She walked her way to that spot again, not many people are there but obviously unlike the other night when everyone was asleep. There are more things Mihyun expected, she thought of what would happen. She thought she's gonna meet Shiah where they could have a moment for just the two of them only. She thought the surroundings would be like the atmosphere is made for them as a couple. But to her surprise-- and slight disappointment, Yubin's there sitting with Shiah on that spot. She starts feeling nervous about having someone else around. 

 

"Here she is. Should I go now?" Mihyun heard Yubin asking Shiah as she approaches them. Mihyun continued walking, Yubin has left the seat and is only being pulled by Shiah on the bench.

 

"Wait- don't go to sleep yet! You should be awake when I get home okay!" Shiah couldn't do anything anymore once Yubin let go of her hand and started walking away. Meanwhile, in contrast to that was that Mihyun felt a slight relief.

 

"Yeah yeah, sure!" Mihyun watched as Yubin walked away, back turned against them, waving cutely at Shiah.

 

Once they're finally alone, Mihyun starts hearing the crickets whistling, the clod air brushing against her thick clothing as if telling her that this is the moment, she should start working as she planned. Mihyun shook her thoughts off and looked at Shiah before taking the seat next to her.

 

"Ah.. I was nervous when she was here." Mihyun mumbled honestly, earning a slight chuckle from Shiah.

 

"Why?" Shiah moved closer to Mihyun, arms snaking around hers to lessen the cold air creeping in their spot. That's where Mihyun started stuttering-- at Shiah's touch.

 

"I.. I told you I'm gonna a-ask.."

 

"Hey, Mihyun.. Calm down, okay? It's just me." Shiah chuckles and caressed her back. "Yeah, you told me you're gonna ask me something."

 

Mihyun nodded, Shiah's arms around her don't help at all. The truth is, Shiah's hold on her makes her chest panic, and fingers clutch hard on her phone in her pocket. She can only attain not to hold her breath because she'll die if so, should I really ask her to date me now..?

 

"Is it that date?"

 

Mihyun panicked as soon as she heard Shiah's voice reminding her of what she was supposed to do. Am I obvious? How did she know? Mihyun pressed her fingers harder against the cold device in her pocket and mistakenly clicked on the play button---out of nervousness.

 

"Yeah, I think, I like you.. and I do want to go out on a date with you. Would you say yes?" Mihyun rapped. Wow, I can rap. She didn't look at Shiah's eyes, she was too panicky to do so. 

 

She thought Shiah would , would be straightforward in responding to her not-so-million-dollar question but then, Shiah paused. She was thinking. Moreover, she keeps glancing on the empty roadway where Yubin left. 

 

But after a few seconds, Shiah gave her a kiss on her cheek saying, "Of course, Mihyun."

 

Dating Shiah was so amazing. It felt complete, like Mihyun finally found the perfect one for her. Of course, she and Shiah will have a lot of storytelling to do, as they get to know each other more. And Mihyun enjoys every bit of it. 

 

"Hi Mihyun's girlfriend, good evening." Jiho greeted Shiah one day as they sat in their classroom, waiting for their evening class to start.

 

"Good evening, Jiho. Did Mihyun eat her lunch today?" Shiah asked after taking Hyojung's seat, her small hands cupping her small face while her elbow rests on Hyojung's desk. Jiho grinned at Mihyun.

 

"No, she only had coffee." What- And before Mihyun could defend herself, Shiah already got off Hyojung's seat to give Mihyun's shoulder a smack.

 

"Ya! I told you to eat lunch!" Shiah hits Mihyun's shoulder again. This has happened a few times, mostly when she teases the girl--this time though is because of the sole reason that Shiah thought she didn't eat lunch.

 

"She's joking! Why would you believe Kim Jiho?!" Mihyun caressed her shoulder, glaring at Jiho before pursing her lips in Shiah's direction. She heard Jiho laughing hysterically beside them but Shiah sitting on her desk caught her full attention.

 

"Really? You ate lunch well?" Shiah asked, wrapping an arm around Mihyun's shoulder as she soon sat on Mihyun's lap. 

 

Mihyun casually held her girlfriend. "I did. Don't you think I'll be hungry after all the research discussion?"

 

Shiah chuckled and nodded. "Fine. Do you have a partner yet?"

 

Oh right. Mihyun received the name of her partner for their final project. Jiho gave it to her earlier. She knows Shiah would be excited about this unexpected pairing.

 

Before replying, Mihyun looked at Jiho first then glanced back at Shiah. "Um, yeah.. Jiho said I'll be paired with Yubin." 

 

Like Mihyun thought so, Shiah's eyes glimmered in an instant when she heard Yubin being paired with Mihyun. "Oh! Yubin's good! You're lucky!"

 

"Hey! I'm your groupmate, you're the lucky one." Seunghee came, walking to their spot at the back of the room with her arms crossed over her chest. Mihyun chuckled when Shiah kissed her, excusing herself and getting off her lap to walk with Seunghee back to their seats.

 

"Eh." Shiah muttered as they walked away.

 

"Eh? Hey!"

 

Shiah is the caring girlfriend. It's undeniably one of her cutest charms. In their span of two weeks of them dating, she learned a lot about Shiah and her friends. She talked about them a lot-- especially Yubin. At first, Mihyun thought of asking Jiho's help to ask Yewon for more information about Shiah but Jiho's useless because the girl told her, "I won't involve me and Yewon in your dating life." Mihyun shook her head, still can't get her head wrapped around the fact that Jiho is actually hanging out with Yewon.

 

Mihyun understood Shiah's way of balancing her life status, with her friends and love life. Mihyun adores her more for that. One good thing about being in a relationship is how your partner motivates you to be a better person. Since Shiah seems to be a very nice friend, Mihyun felt like she can see how fun it is to admire her time with her friends. 

 

Nothing much changed between Mihyun and Shiah. Nothing much aside from the fact that since Shiah will still walk with Yubin on their way to class and on their way back to dorms-- Mihyun thought maybe it's a bestfriendship thing, Mihyun has decided to just ask her out on weekend dates since that's where she could have a solo time with Shiah. Shiah agreed too.

 

"You like chocolates, huh?" Shiah giggled while watching Mihyun eat her chocolate cake. Mihyun ignored her teasing girlfriend and continued eating.

 

They had a long walk from the university dorms to the nearby mall and Mihyun was hungry so they headed to a cafe first before they go shopping as Shiah wished when they planned this date.

 

"Yeah. Take note of that. You'll have to buy a lot of this for me." Mihyun smiled at her, before taking a forkful piece of cake in again.

 

"I don't think I'll forget how cute you look with chocolate cake crumbs on your lips." 

 

Mihyun immediately took a piece of tissue napkin and wiped her lips. She was embarrassed but seeing how her simple actions make Shiah laugh, she would want to be embarrassed all the time if it's what it takes for Shiah to smile like that.

 

"Come on, smile!" Shiah raised her phone and took pictures of embarrassed Mihyun. 

 

Mihyun was shy but she honestly enjoyed it. Shiah continued taking pictures of her, and the real deal for Mihyun was that it felt like an honor to be Shiah's source of entertainment. It feels just like yesterday, she's swooning over Shiah and now she's her girlfriend. 

 

"Wanna see your pics?" Shiah giggled at her, showing her the photos before she can even nod. 

 

As Mihyun takes Shiah's phone to browse her photos, the latter excused herself and went to the restroom, taking her purse but her phone with her. Mihyun sipped from her cup of coffee as her thumb continued to swipe left. One more swipe and she was taken to the home screen. Shiah must have customized her phone's shortcuts in smartphone touch assistance. 

 

It was Mihyun's first time accessing Shiah's phone so she had to browse her in-phone applications to find her gallery. Something else caught her attention though.. a folder on the home screen named "🔒". When she clicked on it, there was only one content-- Notes. Why would Shiah put this here-- Oh. Then she remembered, Shiah loves writing. Mihyun smiled as she thought of it. This is her chance to get to know more of Shiah's preferences. Out of excitement, Mihyun clicked the notes icon.

 

The notes are labeled with dates. Mihyun was unsure of what those meant, could be the date she wrote them? Could be. Since there are dates under each note as well, with time on when it was written. Mihyun chuckles, thinking it was cute of Shiah to still put the dates as the note title although there is already time information in the app's function. 

 

Mihyun couldn't see what were the contents of those. She thinks she shouldn't. She was contemplating whether Shiah would like it or not if she'd seen her works. So, Mihyun was going to revert back to looking for the gallery but she accidentally clicked on one of the notes in an attempt to use the home screen feature as she did earlier. 

 

She didn't want to read what was written.

 

Honestly, she didn't want to.. but her eyes were fast and she saw words that made her regret using Shiah's phone. 

 

June 26, 2021.

 

This is hopeless.. Last week, I exchanged phones with Binnie, hoping she'll read my letters to her but seems like she didn't check my notes even though I already put them on my home screen widgets.. :( God, this was my last hope, I think it's a sign I should stop hoping she'll ever realize my feelings for her.

 

There were more after it, paragraphs about what she did with Binnie in the past weeks. Binnie.. Binnie.. Yubinnie. Yubin. Mihyun closed her eyes for a moment as she looked back to all the moments she missed, all the signs she missed. All her efforts to make Shiah smile, all the times she adored how Shiah loved talking about her friends-- No, scratch that. How she admired Shiah's closeness with Yubin. 

 

.

 

"Mihyun.. Why are you reading that?" Shiah asked, surprised to see what Mihyun had been doing. Mihyun looked behind her and saw Shiah. She immediately avoided her eyes. She's confused, she didn't know what she'd do with this information. Instead of answering, she asked the more important question.

 

"W-why.. were you writing these?" 

 

It was obvious, but Mihyun was in denial. In denial that her girlfriend had been in love with her roommate, her bestfriend who spends every day with her, the same person who Shiah walks with from dorms to class, and back to their dorm after dismissal, the same person Shiah talks to every hour of every day of every week of every month in the past seven years. Shiah explained to her that her last entry was one year ago, which should make her feel better. Shiah showed her that the note she accidentally read was the last note she wrote for Yubin. It was true, Mihyun saw the evidence Shiah gave her. That same evidence Shiah said was the last piece of her feelings for Yubin. That Shiah had moved on after that. 

 

"Yubin and I are just friends, she treats me well as a good bestfriend and it was me who wanted more. You don't have to worry, okay? I have moved on. It's been a year since I stopped. I like you. I'm dating you." 

 

Shiah continued to assure her for the rest of the day, and even in the next few days when the girl feels that Mihyun was acting a bit distant towards her. 

 

"Hey, your girlfriend brought you a cake again." Jiho said, holding the box of cake that must be from Shiah. They have classes later but Shiah must have dropped by while Mihyun is washing up and gave Jiho the cake. This is the third time since that day.

 

"How many more cakes are we getting? Seriously, you have to eat these because we don't have space in our fridge anymore." Hyojung scolded her, taking the box from Jiho to place it in their fridge. Mihyun just chuckled at her friends. 

 

Mihyun noticed. She noticed how Shiah wants to make up for it as if it was a sin that she wrote letters for her bestfriend. Mihyun felt bad when she realized it. She shouldn't be doing this to Shiah. She's her girlfriend now. That should be enough. Her girlfriend didn't fail to give her assurance. That should be enough.

 

Except that it wasn't. 

 

Well, she tried. The next Saturday, Jiho and Hyojung will be going to Yewon and Seunghee's apartment to do their final project. Jiho and Yewon are paired up, while Hyojung and Seunghee are teamed up with Shiah. That left Mihyun no choice but to go to Yubin's place-- which is also her girlfriend's apartment, to do their project together. Life is just ridiculous. Why does it have to be Yubin?

 

"See you later, Mimi!" Hyojung waved at her. Mihyun waved back, and then looked at her girlfriend waiting for her to say something before she go with Hyojung. 

 

Mihyun's at the doorstep to Yubin and Shiah's apartment. Shiah's standing next to her, Yubin must be inside. Hyojung walked with her here to meet with Shiah first before they go to Seunghee's.

 

"Text me?" Shiah asked her, bottom lip pursed out a bit and it was so cute, Mihyun giggled. 

 

"I will. I promise." Mihyun gave her a light pat on the crown of her head before kissing her lips. When she pulled away, she finally saw Shiah's wide smile.

 

"Um, wait." Mihyun stopped Shiah before the girl could walk far.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Is Yubin a strict groupmate?" Mihyun asked precautiously, not that she's a loafer because she likes studying too, it's just that she doesn't want to be pressured if her pair is strict.

 

Shiah laughed and shrugged at her, blowing her a kiss before running in Hyojung's direction. Mihyun chuckled. Now that she's alone, she faced the open door, scanning the empty living room. She hasn't seen Yubin since she got here earlier. Should I knock? 

 

But before Mihyun could knock, Yubin appeared from the kitchen. 

 

"Oh, hey Mihyun! Has Shiah left?" Yubin asked, it was new to Mihyun seeing her classmate in a simple shirt and shorts, and a pair of slippers.

 

"Uh, yes. She just did. Have you eaten breakfast?" Mihyun asked, wanting to do this project fast and sooner but if Yubin hasn't eaten yet, she could wait.

 

"Yeah. Yeah, I did. Just preparing the food for dinner later. The girls said they'll eat here, right?" Yubin prepped the couch for Mihyun to sit, then went back to the kitchen to finish what she was doing.

 

Right. Hyojung and Jiho told her they'll be gathering later there at Yubin and Shiah's apartment to eat dinner after the long day of doing projects.  

 

"Ah, yes. Are you gonna cook?" Mihyun was thinking of helping. In their dorm, all three of them cook well and so Mihyun can help share her cooking skills with Yubin. 

 

Maybe it can bring us closer too.

 

Yubin nodded at her. Mihyun never noticed that Yubin's smile is.. like.. summer warmth. It's nice to see her smiling. Maybe Mihyun was intimidated before that she thought Yubin was never smiling. 

 

They soon proceeded to do their project. Yubin is good at organizing, she distributed their workload well and fairly. Shiah was right, Mihyun is very lucky to be Yubin's pair. It's not just because she leads well, she also helped Mihyun in those parts she couldn't figure out. Mihyun liked how detailed Yubin was in explaining, it's like listening to a teacher, like having a tutor. 

 

"Um, wait a bit," Yubin says after checking the time on her watch. The girl got off the couch and walked towards the TV set, taking the phone there.

 

Mihyun thought she's gonna do something personal so she went back to her work. Focused on her laptop, Mihyun was scrolling and skimming an article she saw online that could help them with their paper. She was writing down notes when she heard Yubin talking on the phone.

 

"Hey, Sseung." Sseung? Yubin must be on call with Seunghee. It must be personal then, like Mihyun thought.

 

"Uh.. Yes, she's not answering my calls. Can you tell-" 

 

Mihyun heard Yubin's frustrated whining so she looked at her to see what was going n. She saw Yubin dialing someone again, must be Seunghee again.

 

"Seunghee just hung up on me!" Yubin exclaimed as soon as the person on the other line answered her call. Mihyun chuckled as she listened. 

 

"Don't laugh." Yubin warned her, joking. At least in the past 2 hours, Mihyun and Yubin became closer to this extent. It could also be that the other person on the call was laughing too. 

 

After Mihyun raised her hands in defeat, Yubin scratched her head and mouthed "sorry,  this will be quick" before going back to talking on her phone. Mihyun smiled at her and continued typing. She's almost done soon and they can polish their work after this and Yubin's phone call.

 

"Ya--"

 

"Yes, We're doing great. Have you brought your vitamins?" Oh?

 

"Shiah- Your mom said you can't skip." 

 

Mihyun stopped what she was doing at the mention of her girlfriend's name. Shiah? She was talking to Shiah? Then so far, from what she heard, Yubin called Seunghee because Shiah was not answering her call. And what.. Vitamins? Mihyun guessed it's just fair that Yubin's checking on Shiah, they lived for years. This is fine.

 

"Fine."

 

"I think we're almost done. Do you want me to bring it to you?" Mihyun looked at Yubin again, the girl was eyeing her as well. Mihyun wished she could be the one to bring it, will it be fine to ask Yubin? 

 

But she didn't have to.

 

"Mihyun and I can bring it."

 

"Okay. We'll be there by lunch."

 

"I know. I know. I just forgot to text you, we're busy, you know."

 

After what Mihyun just heard, she can conclude that indeed, Yubin and Shiah are the best of friends. Shiah wasn't lying that they're real bestfriends. Yubin cares about her girlfriend a lot.. must be way more than Mihyun does.

 

They soon finished doing their paper. It's pretty fast because as Mihyun said, Yubin is really good at this. She's very intelligent and leads well. She's not strict and very considerate too. If she was Mihyun's type, she might be hitting on her now. That's a joke. But anyway, her time spent with Yubin was really comfortable, unlike what she thought.. that maybe it's gonna be awkward, considering what she knows and their relationships with Shiah. 

 

Mihyun had no problem when they were working. But once they finished and decided to go out, that's where her thoughts about Yubin started changing, even worsening. She felt terrible.

 

"How's Shiah as a girlfriend? Is she bothering you too much?" Yubin asked while they walk towards the direction of Seunghee and Yewon's apartment. 

 

"Huh? Oh- Hahaha, no, she's actually fun to be with." Mihyun fiddled with her bracelet as she talked, anticipating about this conversation being the second phase of her getting-to-know Shiah activity.

 

Yubin laughed knowingly. "Yeah, she is."

 

"Can I ask about her exes?" Mihyun asked, it's the first question that popped in her head.

 

"Oh, them? They're uh.. different cases." Different? Mihyun continued asking, if there was one person who'll know about this, it would be Yubin so she'll take advantage of this moment.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Mihyun is good at observing. Her gun is listening, her bullet is conversing. Sometimes she could see what kind of person someone is by listening to their responses, and how they take the conversations. This talk.. will be the first time she'll hate her talent in observing people. She didn't like what she saw in Yubin's eyes as they continued talking.

 

"They're boys who are full of themselves. I didn't like any of them for her." Mihyun chuckled as she listened, typical bestfriend reactions to boyfriends.

 

"You said they're different cases, is that all?" She asked more and Yubin shook her head.

 

"They're different cases because you're somehow.. different. Even the way Shiah treats you is different. I think it's the first time I'll approve someone for her."

 

"Aww. You approve me?" At this moment, it felt like she was talking to Shiah's mom. Mihyun wished they ended the conversation there.

 

"Hahaha, it depends. Shiah.. She deserves so much better than her past relationships. She's a person who might look clumsy but she looks after the people she cares about. She deserves someone who would understand her actions, how she acts-- You see, she acts according to her feelings. Quite impulsive sometimes, but it's cute."

 

Mihyun didn't say anything, she continued listening, hoping she would learn a lesson here. But then, there's something more she learned, something more she noticed.. something more between Yubin and Shiah.

 

"She deserves someone who will focus on her everyday, every time, all the time. She deserves to be taken care of. Someone who will listen to her thoughts.. Shiah is really thoughtful. There would be times she'll get too excited about things and you'll just.. get lost in her eyes. She deserves someone who's ready to live in her universe.. who will treat her like a princess. Someone who would make her feel special because she is special. Someone who knows when she needs someone to hold her. She's.. something.. irreplaceable. She--"

 

At this point, the mom-like voice faded and all Mihyun could hear was.. a person helplessly in love with another person-- who's unfortunately, her girlfriend. Yubin sounded like she's wishing the best treatment for Shiah-- Mihyun agreed but as much as she does, in her ears, all Yubin said that Shiah deserved will only be delivered by none other than Yubin herself.

 

So she stopped her.

 

"She deserves you," Mihyun said with a small nod. It was hard to admit.. but after what revelation she saw days ago.. and what she heard just now..

 

"What?" Yubin stopped walking, eyebrows furrowed in confusion at what Mihyun just said. No- It's more like she's shocked that Mihyun figured it out.

 

"You like her.. No, you love her." Mihyun stated, not looking at Yubin in the eyes because she hates that she realized she's stuck with two bestfriends in love with each other.. and she doesn't know if she'll let go or be the reason to help them move on.

 

"Mihyun.. I'm sorry, please. Please don't tell her." Yubin begged, Mihyun swore that the slight glimpse she had of Yubin's face only made it even harder knowing she's tearing up.

 

My god.. Have they been doing this to each other for years?

 

Mihyun promised. It's hard enough to know her girlfriend's perfect match was and has always been someone else. She can't bear to see Yubin crying because of her. Mihyun told Yubin she's going back to her dorm and won't be having dinner with them as they planned. As she promised not to tell Shiah about Yubin's feelings, she made Yubin promise in return to not let Shiah go to herself because she needs to think.

 

Yubin lets her.

 

She had been thinking about it.. that whatever she does, she can't beat Yubin in Shiah's heart. But back then, she thought, ah well, it's not like Yubin feels the same towards Shiah. Now, it's a completely different situation. 

 

Mihyun now knows Shiah already belongs to someone else. She might be the girlfriend, but she doesn't have her heart. If she continues dating Shiah, it will only corrupt her. She.. She can't handle that. 

 

"What did I do wrong?" 

 

"Nothing." 

 

You just.. belong to someone now and you're just not aware of it. Here Mihyun is, sitting on her bed at 11 PM, on-call with Shiah when she decided.. for everyone's sake, to break up with the best girlfriend she ever had. She just knows that she can't do this. Yubin's right. Shiah deserves so much. She deserves a happy ending.. just not with Mihyun.

 

"What the hell, Mihyun. I threw all the things, all the principles I had away when I chose to date you and this is what I get? Don't you know you're the first girl I ever dated? You don't get to decide who and what's for me!"

 

"I want you for myself, Shiah. But that's never gonna happen." Mihyun mumbled against her phone's speaker, she looked forward and saw Jiho and Hyojung arriving.

 

"You-You're confusing me.. God, Mihyun, you're being selfish. I already told you I'm done with that!"

 

If only you know.

 

Shiah was so upset that she ended the call. Mihyun can't blame her. As Mihyun placed her phone under her pillow, she hugged her knees and hid her face on her forearms. Soon, she felt Jiho and Hyojung's hold on her, comforting her.