Chapter 31

Destiny's Game

 

“How long?” Jaejoong asked as he placed both his elbows on his legs and rest his chin on his intertwined hands “How long have known about this?” he lock his gaze towards Yunho who’s sitting across him with his head thrown back at the couch as he look at the ceiling with all the loads he’s carrying written all over his face.

 

They are now seated across each other inside Yunho’s office, after Jaejoong calmed his self down he and Yoona was able to sit down and talk, Yoona explained everything and Jae warmly welcomed her back with a brotherly hug and told her how happy he is that she’s alive and back, he really is…. Yoona is like a sister to her, to all four of them. Seeing her again shocked the hell out of him and many thoughts run into his mind, things that he needed to discuss with Yunho, but on top of that he’s really happy seeing Yoona again and after hearing everything, he felt a great sense of sympathy towards her and of course his best friend Yunho. After his conversation with Yoona, she excused herself and left both of them to have a talk.

 

Yunho lift his head and settled on his seat “Not that long… I met her when I went to Jeju a couple of weeks ago” he took a cursory glance towards Jaejoong looking for any reaction “turned out she was the interior designer that was booked to do this job” he pointed at the scattered papers on the table between them, he let out a long breathy sigh as he ran his fingers over his chin and mouth “look Jae, this is really hard, I couldn’t even think of an adjective to describe how I’m feeling…. When I saw her there alive and standing in front of me…. I… it…”

 

“I know…. I understand” Jaejoong cut him off, he can see it in his eyes, the sea of different ed up emotions his friend is experiencing “you don’t need to push yourself Yun, I actually don’t know what to say, this is so unexpected and unbelievable but more than all of us it’s you who’s having the hardest time, and I’m sorry I couldn’t anything about that, I wish I could.” he looked at his friend and without any words just by the look in his eyes he knows how much he’s suffering

 

“She doesn’t know yet? About your relationship?” he finally asked after a long silence,

 

Yunho shook his head “I don’t how to tell her, I don’t even think I can”

 

“but she’ll find out about it sooner or later, you know that right?”

 

“I know…”

 

“How about Yuri? When will you tell her?” he finally let out the question that’s been bugging him the moment he saw Yoona there

 

“I ing don’t know!” Yunho let out an exasperated sigh for the nth time as he threw his hands on the air “I don’t know what to do, she might be hurt when she knew about this…. I don’t want to hurt her Jae” he locked his gaze with Jaejoong helplessness and agony written all over his face, he look like he’s about to cry “I don’t want to cause pain to both of them” he buried his face on his palms

 

“don’t you think it will hurt them more if they knew about the truth from other people?” Jaejoong can clearly see and feel what Yunho is going through, he wanted to help him, cheer him up, but with this kind of situation there’s not much he could do and there’s this great part of him that wanted to protect someone more than his friend Yunho and he clearly know who that person is “You have to tell Yuri about this”

 

“I don’t think now is the right time”

 

“then when is the right time?”

 

“I don’t know, I don’t know how she’ll deal with it”

 

“You love her right?”

 

“I do… of course I do”

 

“then you have to trust her…. You’ll just hurt her more if you keep on hiding things from her.  You do know that she’s already having a hard time now don’t you?! She’s confused, she can clearly see the changes in you and it worries her… stop giving her a hard time” As he was saying those words images of a happy Yunho and Yoona giggling and spending time together, and a sulking sad looking Yuri telling him how annoyed and cranky Yunho is towards her suddenly flash into his mind and he couldn’t help but be angry.

 

“I couldn’t bear seeing her in pain” Yunho answered

 

Jaejoong scoffed at his answer “you couldn’t bear seeing her in pain that’s why your pushing her away and neglecting her? Is that it?”

 

Yunho was taken aback by the sudden change of Jaejoong’s mood “what are you saying? I’m not pushing her away”

 

“Really?... She’s having a ing hard time covering her sadness and worries with smiles while telling me that she’ll just distract and annoy you if she comes here and that you’re cranky towards her while you’re here sitting, giggling and talking comfortably with Yoona like this is the happiest place on earth!” Jaejoong couldn’t control his emotions anymore, he was clenching his fist as he look into Yunho menacingly

 

There was complete silence as the two of them held their strong deathly gazes before Jaejoong finally spoke again “you know what, I really do understand you… I do believe me… I know how much mess you are in and I as your best friend I want to help you as much as I could but…” he let out a sigh controlling his self and thinking of what to say “look, all of us knows how much you loved Yoona and what you’ve gone through those times you thought she’s gone, she was your life… but that was before! Yuri, she’s the one who pulled you from your misery, the reason why you’re living your normal life again now, the reason why you were able to move on and continue…. I know it’s confusing, it’s ing hard but you couldn’t just neglect her when the other person suddenly appears in front of you again”

 

“I know that Jae, I wouldn’t do…” Yunho finally said something but he got cut off by Jae again as he raise his palm to stop him

 

“You don’t have to explain anything to me Yunho, I know you love Yuri I just don’t know how much, I don’t know if it’s as much as the love you gave Yoona before but mark my words…. Those two girls are both important as much as you are to me but I will make sure to protect Kwon Yuri with all my might from all the pain this will cause her, I’ve warned you before do not forget that, that girl had enough sufferings stop being selfish and do your best to spare her that” with that Jaejoong stood from his seat and walked to the door but before he was completely out of the room he stopped and looked back at Yunho “You have to tell the both of them…. Let Yuri know about this before I do it myself” he got out and harshly closed the door behind him leaving a raging mad Yunho behind, mad not at Jaejoong but at his own self.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

 

 

Yuri was busy mixing drinks for a customer when an angry looking Jaejoong came storming inside the bar, he sat at one of the barstools in front of Yuri and the moment he saw her smiling cheerfully at the customer his face immediately softens.

 

“Anneong!” Yuri said as she leaned her face closer to him, tilting it from side to side as she observe his face with a pout “Is there something wrong?” she finally asked

 

Jaejoong gave her a half smile as he answer “just some problem at the company”

 

“Ahh… don’t frown… smileeee” she pulled the ends of his lips with her fingers while grinning “there much better… wait here I’ll make you a drink”

 

Jaejoong only chuckled as he nod “You have to be strong Yuri-ah…. just keep smiling like that” he thought as he watch her do her things

 

Yuri came back after making him a drink “Here…” she placed the drink in front of him “I drop a doze of my happy virus on that you’ll feel soo much better after drinking that, Yunho always does” she giggled raising her thumbs up.

 

Jaejoong look at the drink he’s holding then transfer his gaze at her, he look at her softly yet seriously, he lift his hand and reach for her face, he cupped her cheek then run his thumb on the corner of her lips, Yuri was a bit taken aback but she didn’t bulged instead she blinked at him questioningly “Yuri-a… do you know how infectious your smile is?” he softly asked her

 

Yuri blinked as she tilt her head to the side “what? Sajangnim are you drunk?!”

 

Jaejoong chuckled as he shook his head and drop his hand from her face “Anio… I just really love your smile it can affect other people’s mood…. You should always keep that no matter what okay? You have to keep on smiling always”

 

“Of course!” she stood straight and gave him a wide cheerful smile hiding her eyes on the process “Smiling and laughing is my specialty I wouldn’t get tired of it! It’s so happy to be always happy” she ended it with a loud laugh earning another laughter from Jaejoong.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________

 

 

 

 

Yunho was driving without a certain place to go, lot’s of things are running through his mind and all he wanted was to let them all out, he’s on the brink of losing his control and exploding. He originally planned on seeing Yuri, he wanted to see her but then he changed his mind and decided he couldn’t let her see him looking all that ed up he doesn’t want to worry her more. Everything that Jaejoong told him hit him in every places that it would hurt the most, everything he said was true yet he couldn’t do anything about it.

 

He stayed on the same position the way Jaejoong left him for hours, he couldn’t move, he couldn’t function, he couldn’t think, he doesn’t want to…. All he wanted was to let all his loads out, and the next thing he knew he was already driving, driving to nowhere, driving without a certain destination.

 

After some more minutes of driving he found himself in front of a regal looking gate. He let out a sigh and loosen his tie as he drive inside the driveway. The moment he was outside the car he ran storming inside the house looking for one person, he went to the living room, kitchen, bedroom and library but failed to find the person he’s looking for, then he thought of another place, while catching his breath he went out of the house and made his way towards the garden.

 

There he found the person he’s looking for, he stop and stood on his place for a while as he watch her watering the plants while facing her back to him. He slowly walk towards her avoiding to make any sound then when he’s close enough he carefully wrapped his arms around her waist and rest his head on her shoulder then close his eyes, and with that simple gesture he felt relaxed, peaceful and at home.

 

“Aigoo my Yunho is home” Mrs. Jung knew without even looking at him, she dropped the hose she’s holding as she held her son’s hand with one hand then cupped his face with the other.

 

“Omma…” he called her softly

 

She sighed “Are you going to tell me or should I just guess?” she softly said as she held on his hand tightly, Yunho only voiced out one word but it made her understand and feel everything her son is going through.

 

She slowly turn around to face him, she cupped his face with both her hands and seeing the pain and agony through her son’s eyes broke her heart into million pieces, he’s soo hurt and helpless and being a mother…. his mother, she could feel it, every inch of it.

 

Tears prick from her eyes the moment she saw her son’s face yet she prevented it and gave him her warm motherly smile “Omma will listen tell me eveyrthing… hhmm?”

 

With that, Yunho look at her in the eyes as he said that one meaningful word again “Omma….” Then he shook his head as tears start to fall from his eyes showing her everything that he couldn’t voice out with words, tears that he kept for so long are now coming out showing his vulnerability to his own mother, his mother who is his truest friend, the person who knows him from every corner of his body to his inner self more than anybody else, the person who wouldn’t forsake him even when the whole world does, the only person whom he can open the deepest part of him a part of him that no one could enter, he can even be on his most vulnerable, fragile self yet she wouldn’t judge him instead will cradle him in her arms and tell him “Everything will be okay son, Omma loves you”

 

Mrs. Jung held her son tightly in her arms as he cry his heart out and hug her tight as if telling her to lift his burdens up making her heart more broken, she wasn’t able to stop her tears from coming out of her eyes as she kissed his cheek and draw soothing circles at his back.

 

At that moment, Yunho let everything out, all the things that he kept and piled up inside let loose, breaking every wall that he had created himself. At that moment he was just a small vulnerable child who depended and needed his mother’s touch. And at that very moment he was certain that he made the right decision of running into his mother’s arms.

 

Clearly, there isn’t a best place to cry on than that of a mother’s arms.

 

 

 

 

 

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” 
― Washington Irving

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys!

So everyone hates Yunho now? He's sorry and he's crying let's forgive him huh?:))

I'm so sorry I think I fail big time in the Yun-Jae conversation up there, I really at making arguments. But I really love that mother and son part I was kinda teary while writing it though it didn't turn out the way I wanted it but I just feel that I had to include it. 

Oh, and I just want to thank all of you guys your comments really motivates me, the fact that you hate Yunho means your enjoying right?lol, I'm sorry that I couldn't reply to them I'll try doing that when I have more time. for now I hope you enjoy and I'll be waiting for more of your comments please send them in.... the more the merrier! :))

 

LATERS BABIES!<3