Chapter 29

Destiny's Game

 

 

“I’m Park Yoochun... I didn’t expect that you would still remember me since our meeting in London was really brief” Yoochun politely offered his hand

 

“Anneonghasseo...” she answered as she shook his hand “I won’t forget you... you’re the first and only person from my forgotten memories that I met since I woke up from that hospital bed and.... when you told me that there are people waiting for me here, I just knew I have to come back” she smiled

That encounter will never be forgotten by Yoochun, it gave him the shock of his life when he saw Yoona on a wheelchair with her mother outside the hospital in London where he visited a friend. It took him sometime to process and to believe what he just saw so with his few connections at the hospital he confirmed and learned what Yoona’s condition is. He secretly watched her for days and when he found a moment that she was all alone he took that opportunity and approached her.

 

 

 

 

“Hello Yoona...” he tried his best not to scare her... Yoona just looked up at him confusion written all over her face “my name is Park Yoochun” Yoona slightly bowed at him “ I know you lost your memory but I just want you to know that.... that I am your chingu from Korea”

 

“ch...chingu? Korea?” her face suddenly looked alarmed yet sad “I... I’m not a...a... allowed to talk about Ko... Korea” her speech was a bit slurred, tears started to fall from her eyes

 

“I know... I know” Yoochun patted her head as he look around to check if somebody’s coming “please don’t cry...here” he placed a piece of paper on her hand “that’s my number keep it, okay? Contact me when you have questions or when you go back to Korea” he whispered as he look at her. Yoona looked at the paper and back at him then nodded

 

“Yoona-ah... you have to know that there are people.... people waiting for you so please get better soon okay?” Yunho’s agonized face flashed into his mind when he said that, he crouched down a little and looked at her in the eyes “I really hope you get better soon and gain your memories back... you have to comeback Yoona, you have to”

 

“w... why?” she barely whispered

 

But Yoochun didn’t answer her instead he stood up and look around again “I have to go... I hope to see our Yoona again soon” he gave her a smile as he patted her head before leaving.

 

 

 

 

“So Yoona-ssi... how long have you been here?” he asked after a moment of silence

 

“about three weeks.... I’m sorry I just contacted you now”

 

“It’s okay... so, h.. how are you? I’m glad that you look better now” he smile at her, there’s actually this one question in his mind that he wanted to ask her the moment she told him that she’s back yet he doesn’t know how...

 

“I’m all better now few more therapies then hopefully I could walk.... though I can’t still remember anything” she looked down with a sad smile

 

“that’s okay  you can make new one’s right? Even better one’s” he patted her hand that's placed over the table

 

Her face lit up as she glance up at him “that’s exactly what Yunho Oppa said... you’re also his friend right?”

 

Yoochun couldn’t hide the shock on his face “You... you met Yunho?”

 

“Ne...” she sounded happy while Yoochun couldn’t utter a word upon hearing the answer to his question.... So she met him, he wonders what happened, how his friend handled it and how’s he coping with it now

 

“re... really? so how... was it?” he stuttered

 

“he was shocked at first.... but everything’s good now, he said he was my bestfriend, he and Changmin.... I’m actually working with them now” she said, Yoochun could only nod... there was silence before she spoke again “Yoochun-ssi, can I ask you something?”

 

“go ahead...”

 

“why didn’t you tell them that I’m alive and that you met me a year ago in London?... they were so shocked when they saw me and.... Is there something they’re hiding from me? I mean, I just met them and I don’t have a single memory of them but I can’t help but feel that there’s something they are not telling me.... you were my friend too right? Is there something I’m missing?”

 

Yoochun shut his eyes close as he let out a sigh, he looked straight into Yoona’s eyes “That’s true.... you and Yunho were really the best of friends, me and the other guys are also your close friends but Yunho he’s... he’s your bestfriend” he paused as he look at Yoona’s curious eyes “look Yoona-ah... I know everything is new to you and I know you have lot’s of question but I’m really not in the position to answer them... I’ll just promise you one thing.... I’ll stand by you if you ever need any help, you can call me anytime, I’m also a close Oppa so please don’t hesitate”

 

Yoona nodded “I understand.... about Yunho Oppa.... he..”

 

“Just trust her Yoona-ah... he knows you best so you don’t have to worry and please don’t doubt him just give him some time to adjust” he assures her, yet he himself is not sure, he can imagine how hard it is for Yunho now but he cannot do anything and interfere with their matters, all he can do is to support both his friends.

 

 

 

________________________________

 

 

 

 

Yoochun found Yunho seated at the bar looking into nothingness with a drink on his hand. They are at a launch party by one of the top Industrial company in Korea, and while others are busy mingling and socializing his friend is isolating himself at the bar looking all bored and uninterested.

 

“Hey” he patted Yunho’s shoulder and the latter gave him a smile, he sat beside him and ordered his own drink

 

“where are the guys?” Yunho asked

 

“Changmin and Junsu are at the buffet table and...” he looked around “Jae is there” he pointed to where Jaejoong is who is busy talking with other businessmen. Yunho just nodded before taking a swig of his drink. Yoochun observed him for a while before speaking “Is there something wrong Yun?”

 

“Huh?..” Yunho looked up to him “Ani... nothing, just tired” he gave him a reassuring smile

 

Yoochun nodded as he patted Yunho’s shoulder again “don’t stress yourself with work too much you’re wealthy enough” he chuckled as he too gulp down his drink, he took a quick glance at Yunho and immediately looked away.

 

He actually knew what’s been bugging his friend and he wanted to help yet he doesn’t know how. He let out a sigh as he thought of all the things his friend are going through now, a part of him blames his own self for giving Yoona the idea of coming back. If he only knew at that time that Yunho has already found someone and that he’s already, slowly starting to live his life again without Yoona.... then maybe not appearing in front of Yoona at all and not telling her to comeback is the best thing to do, maybe it wouldn’t be this complicated.

 

He also has his own issues to settle with Yunho and that’s how to tell him about him knowing Yoona is alive, he needs to tell him, he want to tell and explain it to him himself, he knows he might suffer some consequences but he made that decision of not telling him from the start so he have to deal with it. Sooner or later Yunho will know all about it and he wanted him to know it from him himself, but on the way how his friend looks now, it looks like it’s not the right time for him to confess, he doesn’t want to add up to the pile of mess his friend is suffering now.

 

Two years ago when he knew about what happened to Yunho and Yoona and how his friend is suffering, he actually didn’t see him much but on those few times that he did he couldn’t stand it, the sight of his once strong and powerful friend crashing and barely living was too much for him, he and the other guys badly wanted to help him but no one knows how so that time, after meeting and confirming Yoona is alive he rushed back to Korea eager to tell the news to Yunho knowing that it will be the only thing that could save both his friends from all the agony and suffering they’re going through.

 

But the moment he arrived, the sight of a happy, contented and alive Yunho welcomed him, he was confused at first but when he knew and when he saw him with Yuri everything becomes clear to him, he saw how happy his friend is, how Yuri was able to heal him and gave him new reason to live and most importantly he saw the strong love between those two, it’s so strong that he even wonder if it’s much stronger than what Yunho had for Yoona or is it just because they understand each other well.... but no matter what, he saw how happy and satisfied his friend is... Those things are enough, he doesn’t want to ruin whatever Yunho and Yuri has, he knows it wasn’t easy, he almost thought it was impossible for his friend to be able to stand and move on, but he did and it was all because Yuri came.... so he decided not to tell him what he knew and let him live the new life he has though he also know that he couldn’t keep it forever and that a time will come that Yunho will know, he just couldn’t bare ruin and see Yunho crash into pieces again.....

 

“Yunho-ah” Yoochun called him after heaving a sigh,

 

“Hmm?” Yunho looked at him questioningly

 

“just... if you feel a need to drink don’t go hiding and drinking alone like this just call me, I’m always willing to be your drinking buddy” he raised his glass to him “I’m always on call man” they both chuckled as they clinked their glasses

 

“You just never say no to alcohol Park Yoochun” Yunho shook his head

 

“And girls... if I may add” Yoochun added as they both laugh

 

“seriously man, take care of your liver sometime” Yunho lectured earning an amused look from Yoochun

 

“Yah... did you just got possessed by Seohyun?” he asked incredulously “Or is it yuri?...” he added earning a light punch on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” 
― 
William Shakespeare

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I think If I were Yoochun I'd do the same thing......

 

So I suddenly remembered that I started this fic late February last year and I thought I needed to give you a nice update on it's anniv and that I should work harder for faster updates since it's already taking too long so I checked the date I released this and I just loled..... It was February 29, 2012!!! We couldn't celebrate it's anniv at all until Feb 2016.... hahaha. Seems like God knows it would take a lot of time to be finished.

Seriously, I'm really sorry for my late updates I don't have much excuses but ofcourse there's always a reason. I need more patience from you guys, I never really planned for this fic to take this long, sorry.... 

 

This chap is all about Chunnie, might be lame and boring but it's important so yeah....

Comments please!:D