Chapter 13

Destiny's Game

 

Yuri’s standing in front of his door gathering up all her confidence and trying to swallow all of the awkwardness. It has been almost a month since she and Yunho officially became friends, they always meet up or see each other at Jaejoong’s  club when Yunho has his drinking session with his buddies and they only get to greet each other and have little chit chat so she couldn’t really say that they’re now really close or comfortable with each other. However, while she’s on work earlier she thought of something, something that she or they will only be able to do if they’re close and comfortable enough with each other..... so she decided to eat all the awkwardness up and do the first move so that she could something for him no matter how little it may be because she knows he really needs it.... now....

After standing there for some time and taking a deep breath she started ringing the doorbell that took her to press for about 8 times and almost 10minutes before someone opened the door. The usual wasted and messed up Jung Yunho opened the door looking all annoyed and pissed to whoever disturbed him from his slumber opened the door.

“Who-?...... Omo Yuri-ah?!” his annoyed expression changed into a shock and disbelief, he backed off so Yuri can enter in “Anneyeonghaseo.... I’m sorry if I disturbed you” she bowed then walks inside the house... “Ani... it’s okay but... what brings you here?” he said while yawning as he sits on the couch “It’s just 4am Yuri-ah”

Yuri looked at his messy house, the living room is full of trash, wrapper of chips scattered everywhere and empty bottles of his beloved alcohol piling up on the couch table and the floor.... Then she eyed him from head to toe his hair is messy like he doesn’t know what comb is, his beard and mustache are all growing, his face became thinner again and he’s just wearing a sweat pants and a plain gray v-neck shirt... “This man is living like a douche” she thought to herself momentarily forgetting to answer his question...

“My house is messy right?” he said noticing that Yuri is scanning his trash, Yuri gave him a smile “it’s... still... tolerable” they both chuckled “soo... what got you hear at this hour?” he asked again tapping the space beside him gesturing her to sit. “I just got off of work and...” she said as she took her seat “at 4am?!... wow.... don’t you even sleep?” he cut her.

Yuri then stood up and faced him “Let’s go out” she grabbed his arm and pulled him, Yunho was a bit taken aback by her sudden action “Huh... where?” he asked dumbly “Let’s see the sun rise” she beamed a wide smile as she pull him towards the door “wait... wait!” Yunho stopped her “it’s too early for sunrise and.... can you at least let me get dressed first?”

“Ani... the time is perfect... and you don’t need to get dressed just wear your jacket... where is it?” she started pulling him again while looking for his jacket “M...mwoh?” Yunho is so confused on what Yuri is doing but he couldn’t complain more cuz he somehow like it, how she suddenly acts comfortably around him like they’ve known each other for so long... he loves seeing her like that with him....

They started driving with Yunho still clueless on where they’re going “Where to Ma’am?!” he asked, Yuri chuckled “Hhmmm... Han River.... Kaja!” she answered cheerfully as she pointed her index finger forward.

As soon as Yunho parked in front of Han river Yuri immediately hop out of the car and run towards his side, she opened his door and pulled him out of the car, they sat at the hood of his car and looked up the dark sky, Yuri pulled out a smile at sight of the sky full of stars while Yunho could only heave a sigh because by the time he tilted his head up to look at the sky, longing started to engulf him as images of Yoona flashed before his eyes...

“Waahh... there’s a lot of stars I want to pluck one” Yuri said happily as she extends her hands as if she can reach them, she then looked at Yunho and her smile instantly drops... even by just looking at his side she can swear she can see his agony again.

She let out a sigh and stood up, she stood in front of Yunho, just between his legs causing him to be startled a bit and looked at her with a questioning look, but Yuri look deep into his eyes and he can feel full sincerity and warmth in her eyes and there’s something in those eyes that he couldn’t figure out, they are so pure and it gives him a sense of comfort..... He was about to ask her what she’s doing but before he could open his mouth.... he felt something warm placed over his chest then Yuri’s  gaze left his eyes and went down towards his now warm chest, he followed her eyes and there he saw it.

Yuri placed her palm over Yunho’s chest rubbing it softly as if wondering how painful he feels there, how big the hole he has there, and how can she help him cover that hole up. She looked at her palm on his chest then back into his eyes, Yunho held her gaze wondering what she is doing. Her eyes is still full of sincerity and comfort “I know... I know you’re hurting a lot in there, I may not know how much but I surely know you do.... there are lot’s of things in there that causes you pain and.... and I just wish you can let it out and open up so you could ease the pain even just a bit” she said ever so softly that Yunho just wanted to hug her and melt around her comforting and warm arms. He placed his hand over Yuri’s and held it tightly not wanting to let go of the warmth she gives him then a tear started to roll down his eyes without him noticing...

Yuri suddenly drop her hand off of his chest then turn her back and ran towards the river leaving Yunho a little bit disappointed. Yuri stopped, she glance at Yunho then back at the still dark sky “Ommaaa!!!..... Appaaa!!!.... Oppaaa!!!.... Anneong!!!!” she shouted waving her hands up as if saying ‘hi’ to them, Yunho can’t help but chuckle but still wondering what this weird girl is doing “Are you doing good there?!.... Me... I’m good here, you’re looking after me right?!” she raised her two thumbs up “Bogoshipeoda!!!” she continued then she looked back and run towards Yunho who’s still in his place watching her.

She sat beside him catching her breath from all the shouting and running, she patted his shoulder “Talk to her.... shout out all you can.... I.. it will make you feel better” she said between her breaths, Yunho shrugged “Huh?” Yunho asked dumbly “Just... try it” she’s now on her feet again standing beside him “Omma.... Appa... this is my friend Jung Yunho....” she shouted again pointing at Yunho but before she could continue...

“Yoona-ah!!.... sweetie!!.... can you hear me??” Yunho started shouting “I.... O...Oppa misses you soo much Yoona-ah!!” his voice started to shake as tears roll down his eyes “I want to see you Yoona.... I want to hear you laugh.... I miss your smell.... I miss your hug!!! W... why d-did you left me hear alone Yoona-ah?... W-wae?!” he started sobbing, Yuri just stood beside him watching him let out all his feeling and tears he has been keeping all this time “Bogoshipeo Yoona-ah!!.... I miss you soo much that it’s killing me now!!!” he buried his face on his palm sobbing all his pain out “Saranghae” was the last word he said but he couldn’t shout it anymore

“Appa.... Omma.... can you please take care of Yoona for my friend?!... Please also look after him and help him!!!” she waved again  then turned back to Yunho who’s sitting in his place sobbing.

She patted Yunho’s head to comfort him, but then she was startled by the next thing Yunho did.... he pulled her close to him then wrapped his arms tight around her waist burying his face on her tummy and soaking it with his tears, Yuri couldn’t complain even though his tight grip is starting to hurt her cuz she knows he needed it so much... he needed someone to comfort him. She continued patting his head and caressing his back “It’s okay.... just cry it all out Yunho-ssi” they stayed like that for quite some time until the sun started to rise and Yunho slowly stopped crying.

They watch the sunrise together, Yunho looked at Yuri who’s looking so amaze and mesmerized by the sight in front of her “Thank you” he said “Huh?!” Yuri glance at him then back to the sky “You’re right.... it really does help... it made me feel lighter so... Thank you!” Yuri just smiled at him “Just don’t lose hope Yunho-ssi.... She’s watching you from there” she pointed at the sky “and she wouldn’t want to see you like this... hurting” she said “I know...” Yunho looked up the sky and smile

“So... are you ready?!” Yuri suddenly asked “Eh?... ready for what? He asked raising his eyebrows “To take the next step...” she answered cheerfully “Let’s go!” she pulled him again in his car.

 

_________________________________________

 

They went back to Yunho’s apartment and as soon as they enter the house Yuri immediately pushed yunho into his room “You should take a bath now” she said while pushing him

“Why? Do I smell?” he asked smelling his self, Yuri chuckled “You reek of alcohol” she answered as she close the door to his room but then as she walk away yunho open the door and pop his head out “Don’t go yet... you should have breakfast here”

“What’s for breakfast... vodka?” she answered causing laughter to both of them “Arasso... just take a bath”

While Yunho is busy taking a bath Yuri decided to tidy up his mess and clean his house especially the living room full of trash, she put away all the empty bottles even those that are not empty and threw it in the trash bin. She started sweeping and wiping everything, she looked at all the photos in there and see how happy and stress free yunho looked like before he lost Yoona, he was so handsome, he looked clean and dashing, not that he’s ugly now but he’s a broken man now so he’s a mess....

Yuri went to the kitchen she started to feel hungry she wasn’t able to have dinner last night because the club was so full that there’s no time for break. She was about to open the fridge when Yunho suddenly came from his room wearing white knee length shorts and a navy blue v-neck shirt, he is still drying his hair with a towel. Yuri walk towards him and stopped just in front of him, Yunho stop in his tracks and looked at her eyeing him from head to toe.

Yuri then took out a picture frame from her back and placed it exactly beside Yunho’s face looking back and fort to Yunho and the picture with her free hand rubbing her chin and eyebrows furrowed “Hhhmmm...” she pouted her lips then made a sound as if she’s thinking too deep, Yunho find her expression too cute, he poke her forehead “Yah... what are you doing?” he chuckled

Yuri placed the picture frame in front of her covering her face, facing the frame to Yunho “Who’s this?.... Is he your brother?.... he’s so handsome!” she said teasingly “Yah...” that’s all Yunho can answer her. Yuri giggles then drop the picture down “Can I use your bathroom?” she asked, Yunho step aside to make a way for her into his room “it’s the door on the right” he said “I know” she answered as she walks towards his room “What?” Yunho asked but received no answer, he just smile and turn around to find his living room sparkling clean, he slowly walked towards it and sat on the couch still couldn’t believe how fast Yuri cleaned it.

Yuri then went out of his room both hands on her back and with a wide playful smile “Hey... you cleaned?” Yunho asked in disbelief “I got bored” she shrugged her shoulder and walk towards the couch, she stop in front of him again as she always do still wearing her wide grin “What now Kwon Yuri?” Yunho asked looking up at her sensing something in her smile “What do you have in mind now?”

Yuri then took her hands out from her back revealing a razor and a shaving cream each in her hands “Let’s shave!” she said twitching her eyebrows up and down “Tch” Yunho couldn’t help but laugh at this silly girl “Yah.. what’s got into you?” he asked but Yuri is just staring at him blankly.

“Omo... do that again!” she demanded “Eh? Do what?” he answered “You just laughed Jung Yunho!!!” Yuri almost shouted “Omo.... it’s the first time I heard you laugh” her eyes are sparkling of happiness. It’s true it maybe is the first time Yunho laugh since that day, he even started thinking that he doesn’t know how to laugh anymore and for some time he also forgot even how to smile but now.... he did it and he knows deep in his broken heart that, that was a pure genuine laugh.... He was able to feel again even just for a while....

“Can you do that again?” Yuri asked with pleading eyes, Yunho just pinched her nose with a smile “Let’s just shave” he took the razor and shaving cream from her hands. Yuri sat beside him to watch, but before Yunho could start he hands the razor and shaving cream back to her “Do it for me” he said “Mwoh?” Yuri eyes widened “Well... there’s no mirror here” he said “But... I can’t... I don’t know how”

“Aish... it’s easy just do it okay?” he said with an assuring look while opening the cream for Yuri to start. He tilted his head up so she could apply the cream all over his chin, then above his lips, Yuri then laughed after putting the cream on “You look like Santa” she said giggling “Yah just start” he said sounding irritated, Yuri frowned and started shaving ever so carefully to not hurt him or wound his beautiful face.

Yuri was so focused on what she’s doing that she didn’t realize how her face is so close to Yunho, they are just inches apart and Yunho is looking at her, looking at her that close for the first time and scanning her beautiful features closely and paying much attention into her eyes which is his favorite part of her, he loves how her eyes kind of talk to him and see through him they are so pure and full of innocence but gives him a sense of comfort and warmth.

Before Yuri could finish shaving him, Yunho took some cream into his index finger and put it into her nose “Yah...” Yuri exclaimed as she crinkled her nose still focused on what she’s doing, Yunho chuckled “You’re so focused Kwon Yuri” he said “I might wound your face so I have to be careful” she’s now almost done “There...” she pulled away and looked at her work, she moved his face from one side to the other after making sure she didn’t left even a strand of hair “I’m done” she raised the razor with a smile of victory

“Omo... Yuri-ah what’s that?” Yunho suddenly said looking at her “W..what?” Yuri asked curiously as she flickers her eyes “You have something in your eyes.... close your eyes” Yunho said as he reach his hand towards Yuri’s face, Yuri did what he said immediately she closed her eyes but then felt something cold on her eyebrows she opened her eyes only to find Yunho putting shaving cream on her eyebrows, “Yah... let’s shave your eyebrows” he said with a smirk as he grab the razor from her hand and held Yuri’s chin so she couldn’t move away.

“Yah! Are you crazy?!” Yuri exclaimed as she try to move away and cover her eyebrows with her hands, Yunho kept chuckling as he tries to remove her hands over her eyebrows and aim for it “Yah... yah... Yah..” Yuri trying hard to get him away from her “Let’s just try I think it will look good” Yunho insists “No!... shiroo!!” she backed away from him but then...

“Aahh... Ouch!” Yuri closed both of her eyes, Yunho dropped the razor down “Why?”

“the cream went into my eyes!” Yuri said unable to open her eyes “Aah... It stings!”

Yunho chuckled “Babo!... come let’s rinse it” he helped her stand up and guide her into the bathroom by placing his hands over her shoulder and pushing her towards the bathroom. Yuri started to wash off the cream that got into her eyes and also her face which is now full of cream because of Yunho, Yunho was just watching her holding a towel for her.

“Yunho-ssi” Yuri said still washing her face on the sink “You should just call me Oppa” Yunho cut her off “Oh... Yunho Oppa...” but before she could say what she was about to say a grumbling sound was heard, after a second of silence they both chuckle knowing where it came from “Oopss... and that’s what I was just about to tell you” Yuri said as she held her tummy “Okay finish washing your face I’ll go cook then... rinse your eyes well” he said handing her the towel and walking out.

After Yuri washed her face she came out and Yunho is already cooking, she approached him “Should I help you?” she asked “Nope.. just wait there I’m almost done” he answered not even looking at her “Are you sure?” she asked again and Yunho just nodded, she pouted and went to seat at the dining table.

Yuri started digging in the food as soon as Yunho placed it on the table, Yunho watch her in disbelief “Yah... eat slowly” he said as he put a glass of juice in the table “Sorry... I never realized I was so hungry... haven’t had dinner last night” she answered with so full. “What? Why didn’t you eat?” Yunho also started stuffing his mouth with food “There were lot’s of customers in the club no time to eat” she answered totally focused on her food “You shouldn’t skip meals... You didn’t eat dinner and you haven’t slept at all.... tsk... are you killing yourself?” he nagged her like a father nags his child. Yuri gave him a strange look “Aigoo... Are you lecturing me now? Aren’t you the one who’s drowning yourself with alcohol?” Yuri argued. And there they finish their meal with bickering and teasing each other, funny how they become so close and comfortable with each other with just the little time they spent together.

After eating Yuri insisted on doing the dishes “I’ll do the dishes then go home” she said but Yunho pushed her out of the kitchen “Ani... I’ll do it and just wait there I’ll send you home” he said “But..” he pushed her again “No more buts”. In her defeat Yuri just sat in the couch and in just seconds she drifted into sleep... well she hasn’t had even a minute of sleep yet after working until dawn she went directly to Yunho and she was dead tired so there she fell into a slumber as soon as she sat on the comfy couch.

After doing the dishes Yunho found the sleeping Yuri on the couch with slightly open and her tongue stuck out, he chuckled, she’s so unique. He didn’t bother waking her up knowing how tired and sleep deprived she was instead he laid her properly on the couch and cover her with a blanket. He looked at her peaceful sleeping face and tucked her hair behind her ear. He is thankful to her, she was the only person who can give him comfort and made him feel emotions he wasn’t able to feel since the day he became this broken and empty. He is so glad to have met her when he really needed her, he’s so glad to have her as a friend....

“Thank you soo much Yuri-ah” he whispered as he stood up and sat on the couch across her.

After hours of sleep Yuri finally woke up, she opened her eyes pausing for a while remembering where she is, she immediately sat up and saw Yunho sitting in front of her with a book in one hand and a cup of tea on the other “Oh... You’re awake” Yunho smiled at her, Yuri rubbed her eyes as she yawned “Wow... you’re drinking coffee huh” she said sarcastically “Well I’ll be with my beloved alcohol later.... it's tea by the way” he chuckled “Aish.. tsk... tsk” she eyed him with disapproval “by the way... what time is it?” she suddenly asked finally coming into her senses “It’s already past 1 in the afternoon” he answered “What??” Yuri immediately got into her feet and run towards the door “... I’ll be late” she mumbled

“Yah...Yah...Yah!” Yunho called her “You literally flew from the couch into there”

“Mian... I have an appointment by 2pm and I’m getting late” she explained while putting her shoes on ‘Aish... my bag” she ran back to the couch to get her bag but didn’t realize it was open so some stuffs fell off of it “Aish! Chincha... It’s okay Yuri-ah you won’t be late... calm down” she started talking to herself while fixing her things, Yunho is just watching her enjoying how she panics and almost laugh out loud at the scene of her talking to herself.

“I’ll go now... thank you for the meal.... See you!” she bows before turning her back but before she could take a step “Yah... wait” Yunho called, Yuri faced him “I’ll drive you there.... where’s your appointment? I’ll just get my keys” he was about to walk towards his room “Aniyo... no need I’ll just take a cab... Bye!” she then disappeared by the door, not giving Yunho a chance to speak, he was left there dumbfounded and was just able to chuckle “weird girl”

He went to the couch to get the blanket and put it back in his room when something fell on the floor while he was folding the blanket, he crouch down and took the metallic thing, he pick it up and look at it realizing what is it “Inhaler?.... She has asthma?”

 

“God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”