Chapter 1 - The meeting

Tutoring the SPOILED BRAT ZELO?!

Chapter 1 - the meeting

Song to listen to while reading - talk talk talk

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A loud sigh could be heard from the girl who stood in front of a mansion that resembled a castle; she looked up at it before raising her hand to press the door bell.

“Hello, who is this?” A polite lady-like voice came through the speaker.

“I’m Ms. Faye, the new tutor?” she bent down to make sure her voice gets through to the person before hearing a click as the gate into the mansion opens up.

This is it… I’m dead. Why is heaven so unfair?! I am only merely 19 years old and this is what I get?! She sighed as she walked into the huge mansion, her heart beating fast against her chest as she pushed open the huge door into the living room.

“You must be Ms. Faye.” A lady who were sitting by one of the couch and reading a magazine immediately stood up and walked towards her, the light reflecting off her clear skin making her look young, “I am Junhong’s mother.” The lady introduced herself to the stunned girl in front of her.

“Oh my god… oh, Mrs. Choi,” Faye hurriedly recompose herself, scolding herself mentally for being so out of it as she greeted the lady, still amazed at how young she look, such a huge difference from my mom.

“It’s okay.” The lady laughed and smiled before holding Faye’s hands in hers, “I hope you will be able to teach him well, he is so…” she paused in thought for a better word to describe her son, “Energy demanding?”

“E-Energy demanding?” Faye’s wide eyes widened as dirty and oh so wrong thoughts filled her head while her cheek turns a light tint of pink. Embarrassed at what she was thinking when she noticed Mrs. Choi looking at her; she immediately smiles awkwardly and laughed the moment off, “I understand, I will do my best Mrs. Choi.” She assured.

“Okay then you just has to go up the second staircase by the right, he is at the second floor’s living room. Remember only when he have improvement will you get your pay.” Mrs. Choi smiled and instructed as she pat Faye’s back, causing chills to run down Faye’s spine as she turned around to sit back down on the couch, giving her attention back to her magazine.

Faye gulped as she starts walking towards the staircases she saw at the corner of the living room, taking in her surroundings. “They are so effing rich…” she muttered in awe as she placed her hand on a gold-made cabinet before noticing a group of servants gathered at a corner, whispering to each other and sneaking glances at her. She smiled and waved to them but only notice them immediately moving away from each other and pretending to be busy with cleaning up, “what is wrong with them…” she wondered, confused by their actions.

“Second staircase on the… right…” she recalled as she looked at the stretch of staircases in front of her; there was probably ten on each side or something, without hesitation she then go up the second staircase on her right, her head hung low in embarrassment as she thought about how her family was, compared to this family.

<:>

 

“Oh hey, watch out.” A soft laughter reached her ears as she bumped into someone while going up. Looking up, she finds herself looking into the eyes of a golden haired guy who were smiling warmly at her.

“A-ah, sorry!” she immediately apologized and bowed again and again when she realizes she had bumped into him, her face flushing red thinking that she had made a bad impression to this guy whom she assumed to be Zelo.

“No, it’s okay.” The guy replied as he placed her hands on the side of her arm, making her stop bowing, “Who are you?”

“I am Zelo.” She blurted out without thinking before realizing what she said, “No no, I mean I am Faye… and you must be Zelo right?” she asked timidly, cursing herself inwardly at her mistakes.

“Faye? Nice to meet you, I am not Zelo.” The guy laughed as Faye’s head hung even lower, her eyes glaring holes through her feet, “I am Yong Guk, Zelo’s step brother.” He held out his hand.

 “Ah… nice to meet you Yong Guk-ssi,” Faye shook his hand hesitantly as she smiles awkwardly, not daring to meet his eyes.

“Aigoo,” Yong Guk ruffled her hair and moved to the side of the staircase; “Zelo’s upstairs waiting for you, go ahead and good luck.”

“Thank you.” She bowed again before hurriedly making her way up the staircase, sneaking a glance at his back as he walked away and sighed, relieved. “What an eventful start…” she mumbled, her hands clutching her chest, he looks handsome though.

 

<:>

 

“Yah, who are you.” A face popped up in front of her, causing her to jump backwards in shock as her calmed down heart starting beating fast again against her chest.

“W-who are you?!” she shouted, pointing her finger at him as if he were some alien.

“I should be the one asking you since this is my house?” the curly haired boy raised his eyebrow and folded his arms, “Are you a burglar?!”

“Burglar?! Where?! Oh my god, we better hide!” Faye’s eyes widened as she immediately grabbed the guy by his arm and pulled him, looking around before hiding behind a huge couch; she did not realize that he was asking her.

“Yah!! Are you dumb?!” The guy yanked his arm out of her grip and stood up, towering over her as he sighed heavily, “Just who the hell are you?!”

“Aren’t you afraid the burglar will notice you and murder you silly boy?!” Faye ignored his words and pulled him down beside her again, her eyes wide.

“No, I was asking if you were the burglar.” The guy rolled his eyes as he replied, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

“Oh…” Faye finally realized what he meant as she rubs the back of her neck and stood up awkwardly before holding her hand out, “Hi, I am Faye, You are?”

“Oh you are my new tutor.” Realization dawned on Zelo as he walked to one of the couch and sat down nonchalantly, “you can leave, and I doubt you’re an up to standard teacher.”

“What?!” the girl shouted as she immediately half ran half walk to Zelo’s front and looked at him in disbelief, “I am an absolutely fantastic teacher with straight As in school.”

“Straight As? You?” Zelo repeats her word before bursting out into laughter while Faye once again turns bright red from embarrassment, “Yes me.” She said, folding her arms.

“You cheated right?” Zelo claimed as he wiped tears of laughter away from his eyes and looked up at her.

“Hell no you brat, I would never do such lowly stuff!” she smacked his head before moving back when the kid jumps up and glare at her.

“Yah! How could you hit me?! Teachers are not allowed to hit students you know!” Zelo shouted accusingly while glaring at her. 

“I-I… You were accusing me of something I didn’t do that’s why I hit you!” Faye backed herself up as she pouted, her eyes looking as if she were on the verge of tears.

“Eh, don’t cry, I hate girls crying.” Zelo scoffed when he saw Faye backing off and sat back down on the couch.

“I wasn’t going to cry you brat!” She shouted again, aish, I hate how my eyes always look teary. “It is my natural eyes!”

“Yeah yeah, whatever you say seonsaengnim.” Zelo shrugged, “If you want to be my teacher sure, answer me a few question.” He smirked as he dared her.

“Okay, feel free to ask away.” Faye grinned and sat down opposite him confidently as he leaned towards her, his hands intertwined together, “Erm… a distance away please.” She pushed him back as she look at him.

A smirk played on his lips again as he thought for awhile before asking, “What is pie in number form.”

 She paused in silence before taking a deep breath and replying all in one shot, “3.1415926535897932384626433832795” she finished before looking at the wide eyed kid in front of her. Hmph, that is so simple, I had it memorise by the age of 14, she thought smugly.

“Not bad.” Zelo said approvingly as he leaned back on the couch, “what is the sum of ( [3x - 3x^2 +1]^744 ) x ([- 3x + 3x^2 +1]^745 )?”

“500.”

“Meaning of verisimilitude”

“Authenticity.”

“Speed of sound at sea level.”

“340.29m/s”

“Nice…” Zelo clapped, amused as he continues to eye the girl in front of him, “You’re accepted as my tutor.”

Faye heaved a sigh of relief as she finally relaxed herself; she had unknowingly tensed up her muscles, nervous from the questions that were asked. “So when do I start? Now?” she inquired, after all she had been told she was to tutor him today anyway.

“Not yet Noona, I am tired, see you next week.” Zelo faked a loud yawn before stretching and walked off, leaving a blurred Faye alone at the leaving room. This will be fun… he thought as he sneaked a glance at her while walking away, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I am so effing glad. why? because i have 10 subscribers just from the mere foreword ;A; you guys made me cry tears of joy, no joke. Thanks so much for the support, it meant a lot to me and motivated me to write more and better. i hope you guys enjoyed the story. Remember to comment and subscribe. thanks again.