Meeting Again

A Love so Blind

Junsu could tell Jaejoong is not feeling good today; far from good. Jaejoong has been looking blank since morning, and Junsu needs to check him every once in a while to make sure Jaejoong is doing his job properly. This rarely happens to Jaejoong because Jaejoong is always good in separating office works and personal matters. But this time is an exception.

He is actually waiting for Jaejoong to spill it, but looking at him now, Junsu knows even if Jaejoong were to tell him, it won’t be soon. But Junsu can’t wait. As soon as the clock hits 12 pm, Junsu drags Jaejoong to have a lunch in a café near their office.

“Why are we here, Junsu?” Jaejoong asked, “Usually we’d have lunch in the canteen, but why here today? Is there any special occasion?”

“Well, I want to know what happened to you, Jae.”

“Ah, that… Karam… I confronted him about his lies, and he says that Yunho is always his to begin with. Yunho is his fiancé and that I’m the one being the third wheeler in their relationship.” Jaejoong looks gloomy indeed, “There’s a truth in what he says. I clearly know that they are arranged by our parents, but I still fell for Jung Yunho. This is not what I wanted, Su. You know, right? At first, I came to Yunho just to make sure he’s living fine, that he can regain his fighting spirit. Falling in love with him never crossed my mind. This is out of my initial plan, Su.”

Junsu hissed as he hears Jaejoong’s explanation. Junsu knows Karam has been a little pain in the since Jaejoong and Karam were little. Kim family never spoilt any of them, but he knows Karam’s heading to a bad direction when he started modeling. The entertainment industry shaped Karam’s life into a bad one, and Karam seems not able to differentiate what are wrong and what are right; what is allowed and what is forbidden. Kim family never meant to compare Karam to Jaejoong, but Junsu knows that Kim parents wish Karam will come back to the right path, just like Jaejoong.

Junsu also understands what Jaejoong means. He knows Jaejoong has been taking that accident very hard. Jaejoong has admired Yunho since long and the fact that he was involved in that car accident which caused Yunho to lose his eyesight made Jaejoong hated himself. Junsu has been with him when he went through the hard acceptance. The hardest part was when Jaejoong came to him in tears and told Junsu the whole truth.

 

“Junsu, I ruined him.” Jaejoong hugged Junsu, “What should I do, Su?”

The cries of hopelessness, everything was still clear in Junsu’s memories when Junsu informed Jaejoong about Yunho’s blindness. Instead of Jaejoong, Junsu was the one with a greater surprise upon the fact that Jaejoong was behind it. Jaejoong spilled the truth crying, saying that he has a role in making Jung Yunho’s life miserable. That night, Jaejoong slept over at Junsu’s apartment because Junsu did not allow Jaejoong to return home. He was worried that Jaejoong might do something reckless and insisted Jaejoong to stay over.

The next morning, the moment Junsu opened his eyes, Jaejoong was still zoning out like how he had been last night. Jaejoong told him the entire accident that happened.

Jaejoong bit his lower lip before looking straight at Junsu with his teary eyes, “Initially I decided, Su. I was about to surrender myself to the police that night. I wanted to tell them the details of the incident.”

“Kim Jaejoong, are you insane? If there’s anyone to take responsibility, it should be Kim Karam, not you!”

“I don’t know if they will believe me, Su. I don’t have any evidence after all.”

“I’m against your decision, Jae. If you were to report this incident, I’ll make sure that Karam is the one behind those bars, not you!”

“The worst case will be both of us being in jail, Su.” Jaejoong says, “I can’t deny my involvement. But before the police station that day, there’s one place I visited.”

 

The place Jaejoong meant turned out to be the hospital Yunho was in. Jaejoong wanted to see Jung Yunho and give his white lilies to him. He hoped after seeing Yunho, Jaejoong could peacefully report the accident to the police. However the fact turned out to be the complete opposite of what he imagined. Yunho was not doing well. Yunho felt hopeless. He even tried to kill himself. Therefore, Jaejoong had no option but to stop the suicide attempt at all cost. He thought by telling the truth about the accident, Yunho will be able to live fine, but perhaps that’s not the case.

If Jaejoong goes to the prison, there’s no saying Yunho will not attempt another suicide. Yunho lost his hopes, and Jaejoong knows that the thing Yunho currently needs was hope and trust. He can’t leave Jung Yunho alone like that. Thus, Jaejoong changed his plan. He did not admit himself to the police officers, but accompanied Yunho in the hospital, in hope that Yunho will regain his fighting spirit.

‘And after seeing you living well, I will vanish from your life.’ By vanish, Jaejoong meant by turning himself to the police, at least until he makes sure that Yunho could stand again on his own feet.

Even though several times Jaejoong was shaken by his own growing feelings for Yunho, even though he came to realize that the admiration for Jung Yunho has finally been replaced by romantic feelings, he knows clearly where he stands. His love alone won’t change the fact that Yunho might hate him for being involved in that accident. He truly wanted to leave.

However, that night in the karaoke when Yunho professed his love, Jaejoong’s greed took over him, letting him indulge in that feeling, letting him follow his own wish without thinking much. He became greedy for his own happiness.

 

 

Junsu keeps trying to convince Jaejoong, he thinks it’s unfair that Jaejoong feels guilty whilst Karam could turn a blind eye and keeps going on the marriage arrangement with a man he messed up.

“But Jae, I’m sure Yunho won’t like it if he knows the truth. Everyone hates being deceived and I’m sure Yunho hates it too.”

“I know, Su… I’m still considering whether to tell him or not… about the truth that I’m the Kim, not Karam. Plus, this morning my mom received a call from Mrs Jung. Mrs Jung was very excited to know that Kim turns out to be Karam, the person Yunho’s getting married to. They plan to come over to our house tonight for a family dinner.”

 

 

 

 

The two best friends seemed to be very immersed in their talks that they did not realize that at the corner of the café, Jung Changmin, the COO Jung was there, listening to their conversation with cold eyes. Changmin happens to have a meeting in that café. Just when he and client were about to leave, he started hearing his brother’s name being mentioned by Jaejoong and Junsu. So he stayed in that café, covering his face behind his laptop so that he remains unnoticed.

So it’s you, Kim Jaejoong… You’re the Kim my hyung falls in love with, but… You’re also the cause of the accident….

It took all of his will and effort not to confront Jaejoong with this new shocking fact. However Changmin is not someone who acts before he thinks. He can’t ignore the fact that the man named Junsu keeps on mentioning Karam being involved in the accident as well. Changmin decides that he will seek the truth behind all these, before the wedding of Karam and Jung Yunho happen. No, Changmin will never let that wedding happen. He does not want Karam Kim, the biggest liar to marry his precious brother.

 

 

 

 

It was fifteen minutes before the lunch break ends, but Jaejoong wanted to stop by a nearby florist to get some white lilies. If it was not because Jaejoong misses Yunho so much, perhaps he wouldn’t be here now. Junsu has gone back to the office first, since Jaejoong says he needs some time alone to think about everything, also to consider whether he should disclose his identity as Kim to Jung Yunho.

Jaejoong was reaching out for the bouquet of white lilies when he notices there was another hand reaching for it. Their fingers rubbed against each other, and without even looking at the person, Jaejoong’s heart reacted to that simple rub. His heart pounded heavily. Could it be…? Jung Yunho?

Jaejoong tried hard to control his emotions before looking up, meeting those almond eyes again; he really missed those eyes. Those eyes used to be gloomy when he first met him, yet there was a point where those eyes stared at Jaejoong with passion and love. However, looking at those eyes now, they glow, but they feel distant. They are looking more beautiful now, but Jaejoong feels like he does not recognize those eyes anymore.

“Karam?” Yunho blinked several times before realizing he was wrong, “Sorry, you look like my fiance…”

Fiance…

“That’s okay.” Was everything Jaejoong managed to say.

Jaejoong quickly grabs the bouquet of white lilies and proceeded to the cashier, without realizing that Yunho did the same. Just as Jaejoong was opening his wallet to take some cash, Yunho sees it. The family picture in Jaejoong’s wallet.

Yunho’s eyes widen, “Kim Karam? Is that Kim Karam?”

Jaejoong knows Yunho was talking to him. He turned to Yunho and followed Yunho’s line of gaze. He realized Yunho just saw the family picture in his wallet.

“Uh yeah… Karam is… my twin brother.”

“Ah really?” Yunho smiles and his face lighten, “So you will be my brother in law then! I’m Jung Yunho.”

Jaejoong is silenced… He does not know what to say in return when Yunho claims to be his brother in law. He stares blankly at Yunho’s hand which is leaning to him, waiting for a handshake. His heart hurts but he could not defend himself.

“I’m Kim Jaejoong…” Jaejoong replies and reaches out for a handshake.

“Turns out you are Karam’s brother.” Yunho says happily, “No wonder you look like him; sound like him and love white lilies just like he does.”

“Uh yeah…”

Much favorable to Jaejoong’s wish, the cashier calls him to give the change, “Sir, here’s your change.”

“Ah, thank you.” Jaejoong says. He watches as Yunho steps forward to pay for his own lilies. He should not have waited for Yunho, but his feet just would not move an inch further from that man.

Seeing Jaejoong waiting for him, Yunho smiles sweetly after paying for his own flowers, “Let’s go.”

 

 

Yunho seems extremely excited to find out about Jaejoong. He never knew Karam has a twin brother like Jaejoong. But for him, that’s okay. He barely knows Kim for more than two weeks and he will have plenty of time to get to know his fiancé better; he has a lifetime for that.

“What a small world, that I accidentally run into my brother in law in this area.” Yunho started as they were walking together by the side of the road, “Why are you in this area, Jaejoong?”

“Uh I… I work around here, Yunho.”

“Really? Where do you work at, Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong smiles sadly. He knows Yunho would never notice him. He and Yunho first met in Cassiopeia headquarter, but only he remembers it while to Yunho, that was nothing. That’s not surprising. Yunho is someone and Jaejoong is no one. Why would Yunho bother remembering him who is not worth remembering?

“I work in Cassie shoes.” Jaejoong says, then pointing at the building across the road, “That’s my office. I’m in the creative team.”

“Ah really?” Yunho is shocked to know that his brother in law is actually working in one of his subsidiary companies, “I did not expect you work there, in law. Ah, I…”

“I know.” Jaejoong cuts him off, “You work in Cassiopeia headquarter which is by the end of this block, right? I know, you are the CEO of Cassiopeia Corporation, Jung Yunho.”

“You know me?”

“Well, I bet every employee in Cassiopeia Corp and its subsidiaries must know who you are, CEO Jung.” Jaejoong tries to sound as casual as he could, trying to suppress the desire to jump into Yunho’s embrace, “Then, brother in law, see you tonight in the family dinner. I need to rush to my office before lunch time is over.”

Jaejoong quickly ran across the road before the traffic light turn red, leaving Yunho alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Changmin?” As soon as Yunho enters his office, he sees Changmin was sitting on the sofa, waiting for his return.

Hyung, I need to talk about something.”

“Okay. Is it about your new project?”

“No.” Changmin hesitated, “It’s about your fiancé.”

“Kim Karam, you mean?”

Changmin falls silent for a while. He does not know if he should tell this to Yunho. He knows Yunho thinks of Karam in a nice way and with all the feelings harboring in Yunho’s heart, Changmin doubts if Yunho will believe him if he says Karam is an imposter. Besides, Changmin does not know the whole truth behind it for now. He plans to let it be like this for now and continue on observing.

“Kim Karam… Are you sure you’re getting married this soon, hyung?”

Yunho seems to have a lot of questions in his mind after hearing his younger brother’s question, “Of course. Why, Changmin?”

“I mean, are you sure that you will marry someone you know only for two weeks long? I think you need more time to consider thoroughly.”

Yunho smiles on that. He knows Changmin was worried about him since he has never been in a relationship before. “Thank you for your concern, Min. But Karam is the one who helped me through the darkness I was once in. I have no doubts about spending the rest of my life with him.”

Hyung, maybe Karam is not as nice as how you think he is.” Changmin adds, “You know my friend Kwon Boa? She’s been working with Karam for several projects and Karam has been in so many scandals about his dating life, all the staffs hate him for his bad attitude. Hyung, I want you to think twice about this.”

“Min, you know how entertainment industry works. Every celebrity has their own fans and haters. It’s just normal that some people may not like Karam.” Yunho corrects his brother. He is so sure that Karam is a genuine person, “I think… You should talk to Karam more, Min. You should put more effort into knowing your brother in law more. Once you know him, I believe you will notice that he’s a warm person.”

He’s not, hyung… Because Karam is not your Kim. But Kim Jaejoong is.

Changmin gave up convincing Yunho. It’s of no use trying to persuade his brother because Yunho is now too blinded by his love. Now all he could do is to delay the wedding plan, and while the preparation is on progress, he needs to find out about the truth behind the accident, also the true faces of the twin Kims.

 

 

 

 

 

Karam spent the whole afternoon and evening going to spa and salon, also shopped for some new branded clothes. He’s looking forward to today’s family dinner and impressing the Jungs is his main objective. Well, that’s not the main reason for his self-pamper, though. He is still in bad terms with Yoochun over the marriage plan. So he needed some treatments and luxury shopping to relieve his stress. Whether Yoochun likes it or not, he will not back off from this arrangement. He needs to marry Jung Yunho who is crazily in love with him. Besides, he knows Yoochun’s anger is only temporary. He knows Yoochun loves him and can’t live without him.

If I marry Jung Yunho, I can still always meet Yoochun whenever I miss him. I don’t mind having an affair with Yoochun. I’m sure Jung Yunho will be too busy to notice that anyway.

Putting on a dried-rose colored lipstick on his lips, Karam finished his makeup for tonight. He grabs his phone which shows the time of 6.30 pm.

Time to go down.

Karam proceeds going down to the living room where he sees his mother calling him, “Karam, come. The Jungs is here.”

Karam’s eyes diverted to his twin brother who stands by his mother’s side while his father coming in with the guests, which were Mrs Jung and her two handsome sons. Karam steps down from the stairs quickly to greet the Jungs.

“Auntie Jung.” Karam put on his best smile while Mrs Jung looked at Karam and Jaejoong weirdly.

“I thought you were Karam.” She jokes while looking at Jaejoong, then turning to Karam, “Turns out this is my beautiful son in law. You two sure are twin brothers. I was confused.”

The Kim mother laughed at the remark, “Both my sons are equally beautiful.”

Yunho looks happy tonight. He did not think this day will come this soon, that he’s meeting his in law to discuss about his wedding preparation. Plus, he’s marrying the love of his life; his first love whom he met during the lowest point of his life.

“For you, baby.” Yunho steps forward and gives the white lilies bouquet to Karam, which Karam receives in glee, “So romantic, Yun. How do you know I love hibiscus?”

“…. Hibiscus?” Yunho repeats, “But that’s white lilies, Karam.”

“Ah… Did I say hibiscus?” Karam pretends, “I mean white lilies, Yun.”

Jaejoong sees through the pretense of his twin brother in annoyance. He knows Karam really thought of those flowers as hibiscus. Karam never took a liking into flowers and how was he supposed to differentiate between hibiscus and lilies?

“How can someone who loves flowers mistake lilies for hibiscus? Even I know they’re different.” Changmin makes a cold remark which earns a glare from Mrs Jung.

“Changmin, that’s rude, dear.” She says, “Karam was just having a slip of tongue.”

The house goes silent for a while, because Changmin’s remark left an awkward moment in the entire house. Noticing this, Yunho decides to break the ice by calling out to Jaejoong with a smile, “Hi, brother in law. We met again.”

“Ah, yes… Yunho…”

The Kim parents and Mrs Jung were delighted to know that Yunho actually has met Jaejoong before. Well, everyone was taking it lightly, except for Kim Karam who keeps on shooting his brother with a deadly glare. He totally dislikes the fact that his fiancé knows Kim Jaejoong behind his back; namely the person who steals his fiancé away from him.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi everyone ~~

Thanks for the support. I'm recovering well now hehe

As always, thanks for reading and don't forget to leave some comments below :D