Stand by Yunho

A Love so Blind

Yunho was looking more cheerful and lively compared to the previous day. He asked his brother Changmin to come early to the hospital and help him shower. Noticing the change in Yunho, Changmin was relieved. He had thought it will take some time for Yunho to return, but this is too soon that what he had expected. Not that Changmin did not like it, in fact, Changmin was very glad about the positive change Yunho had. However, he could not help but question what happened that his brother would be this lively today.

“Thanks for coming here, Min.”

“No worries, hyung.” Changmin replies as he placed Yunho’s towel by the bed side, “But why are you suddenly like this? Are you going out somewhere?”

“Um, no. My friend is coming today.”

Changmin’s brows raise in confusion, “Friend? Which friend?”

“A new friend I met in this hospital.” Yunho could not help himself but smile as he remembered the soft hands that guided him to feel the flowers yesterday.

“Is it the friend who gives you those lilies?”

“Yes.”

Changmin has been wondering where those lilies come from ever since he entered Yunho’s room today. As far as he knows, no one knows about Yunho being hospitalized except for him and their mother. Yunho told them not to spread this news as well. So, who could have brought these flowers?

Now Changmin knows that his hyung makes a new friend who seemingly could lighten him up. Changmin was beyond grateful as he and his mother were unable to lift Yunho’s mood yet.

“Okay, I’m staying here until that person comes.” Changmin says, “I want to thank him for cheering and caring for my hyung.”

“No, Changmin, no!” Yunho’s objection was obvious, “Just go to the office. Don’t stay here.”

“Why? I just want to know him and thank him properly.”

“I’ll thank him, so don’t you worry about that,” Yunho was adamant, “You might scare him away.”

Changmin chuckled at his brother’s possessiveness. Yunho has always been a good brother who always shares everything with him. However, this is the first time he saw his brother being possessive. Perhaps, this person has secured a special place in his brother’s heart.

Looking at Yunho’s face, Changmin nodded, “Okay. Then I’m leaving now. But if anything happens, remember to call me, okay hyung?”

“okay.”

Without waiting any longer, Changmin grabs his wallet and phone on the desk and leaves the room. As he closed the door to Yunho’s room, Changmin did not deny that there was a sound in his mind asking him to just stay for a while to see who this friend is. The more Yunho wants to hide it, the more curious Changmin was. However after thinking for some time, Changmin decided to keep his word and leaves the hospital without seeing Yunho’s new friend.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong took a deep sigh before he entered Yunho’s room. He was greeted by the sight of Yunho sitting on his bed.

“Is… Is that you?” Yunho called out as he heard the door opening.

“Yes.”

Jaejoong walked closer to Yunho and started arranging the flowers he brought on Yunho’s bed. Meanwhile, Yunho who could smell the flowers right in front of him smiles.

“Ah, you left before telling me your name.” Yunho started.

“You can call me Kim.”

“Kim? Why don’t you tell me your first name?”

Jaejoong bit his lower lip, hesitating if he should tell Yunho his name. Jaejoong was merely his employee and he doubted he would ever have anything to do with Yunho anymore once Yunho leaves the hospital.

“Let’s get started,” Jaejoong tried shifting Yunho’s attention, “So, here’s the first flower. Remember this carefully.”

Jaejoong started helping Yunho touching and sensing the flowers one by one. Yunho could not help but smile at this Kim. He and Kim barely know each other, but Kim was willing to spend his lunch break here in the hospital to teach him things he never thought he would do.

But even so, Yunho was more than grateful. Who would have expected that a stranger like Kim is actually serious about showing him things he could do when he is blind. His brother and mother were always there for him, but when Yunho was with them, he felt even more useless as they always tried to assist him. Unlike Jaejoong who does not give everything away. Jaejoong teaches him how to stand up for himself, how to manage his life given his handicapped situation.

“Why are you smiling like that?” Jaejoong asked as he noticed how smiley Yunho’s face is after helping Yunho identifying the third flower.

As if caught red-handed, Yunho managed his facial expression, trying to hide his mischievous smile, “I just feel like… Perhaps being blind is not an excuse after all.”

Now it is Jaejoong’s turn to smile at him, even when he knows Yunho could not see his smile, “True. Your capability might now be limited, but you are not of no use. So don’t ever think to end your life anymore… Jung Yunho.”

“I will not.” Yunho says with a smile plastered on his handsome face.

 

 

 

 

During the lunch break, Junsu feels very lonely. He is used to eat lunch with Jaejoong all the time, but today is a bit exceptional. Jaejoong leaves the office during the lunch break, telling him that he had something to do. It seems fishy to Junsu. Jaejoong is not someone who keeps any secret from him, but this time Jaejoong does not bother to tell him where he was going. However Junsu decided to let it slide and ask him later after Jaejoong gets back to the office.

Additionally, Junsu is especially in Cassiopeia Corp headquarter today for a meeting. Just after he leaves the meeting, he unconsciously passes the CEO office and notices that the door to the office was left open.

He tries so hard to ignore and walk pass it, but Junsu can’t. He yearns to take a peek inside to see the handsome CEO in his office. Gathering all the courage inside of him, he peeks a bit to see inside.

To his surprise, there is no sight of the handsome CEO Jung Yunho. Instead, he sees the figure of the handsome COO, Jung Changmin and an older woman whom Junsu has never seen before.

“How is Yunho doing, dear?” Junsu could barely hear their talk.

“Yunho hyung is doing better than yesterday, mom. Don’t worry.”

Mom? Is that Mrs Jung, the mother of Jung Yunho and Jung Changmin? Junsu said in his mind. However Junsu could not help but wonder what happened to the Cassiopeia’s role model Jung Yunho. What could possibly happen to him that he was not doing so well?

Junsu could see that Mrs Jung was sobbing before she added, “Our Jung Yunho who always stands tall as a barricade for us, our Yunho who always shield us from malicious intentions… I feel so sad seeing him in this state, Min. As a mother, I feel useless since there’s nothing I can do for him. If I could, I would rather take his place.”

Changmin wraps his arms around his mother, “Yunho hyung will not like it if he hears you saying these, mother. You’re the best mother we could ever have. Besides, we have put him in the priority for any cornea donor available soonest. So don’t you worry too much, mom.”

Cornea donor? Junsu covered his mouth with his hands. He is too shocked. Why would Jung Yunho need a cornea donor? Did something bad happen? If it happened, why is this matter unknown to public? Did the Jung family intentionally keep this from leaking?

 

I have to tell Jaejoong about this.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong could barely reach Cassie Shoes office in time. The hospital is not very near, but the traffic is not bad today and that is enough to save Jaejoong from being late.

Jaejoong was about to take his seat before someone grabs his arm, leaving him dumbfounded. As Jaejoong sees who was pulling him, he followed that person without asking much.

“Why are you dragging me here, Junsu?” Jaejoong asks as they reached the emergency stairs.

“Jae. This is big news! Big news!”

“What?”

“I don’t even know why they decide to keep it from public, but if they hide it, it means it should not be leaked, so don’t be too surprised, Kim Jaejoong.”

“What is it, Kim Junsu?!”

“When I went to Cassiopeia office, I overheard the conversation between COO Jung and Mrs Jung.” Junsu says, and at the same time preparing both his palms to cover Jaejoong’s mouth just in case his best friend overreact, “They were talking about a cornea donor for Jung Yunho!”

1

2

3

Junsu was anticipating Jaejoong’s reaction, but… only silence greets him. Junsu’s brows raised in confusion. He was expecting all sorts of reactions from his best friend, but silence? Junsu knows how Jaejoong admires Jung Yunho all these time and silence is no way to be one of the reactions he expected.

“Jae?”

Instead of responding, Junsu sees how tears started to pool on both Jaejoong’s beautiful doe eyes. The sides of Jaejoong’s lips started curving downwards as he started crying. Jaejoong throws himself into Junsu’s embrace and started crying all his heart out.

“Jae? Jaejoong?”

“I messed his life, Junsu-yah.” Jaejoong says in his cries, “I ruined him… What should I do, Junsu?”

 

 

And Jaejoong ended up telling Junsu everything about what happened that night. Out of all time and space, why must it be Jaejoong and Yunho?

Junsu keeps on rubbing Jaejoong’s back as Jaejoong could not stop sobbing while telling him the story. He knows now what Jaejoong is going through and why Jaejoong has been acting weird lately. It also explains Yunho’s absence and the mystery of cornea donor he heard today.

“Junsu, please keep this a secret between us.” Jaejoong begs him, “I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if Yunho will hate me for this, but I’m not ready, I don’t know how to face him while I’m the one who ruins his perfect life.”

“You should not say that, Jae.” Junsu tries to console him. But he means his words. Even though Jaejoong feels like he is the one at fault, Junsu does not think the mistake lies solely on him, “It is Karam’s fault too. You are now here, by Yunho’s side, trying to make up for all your wrongdoings. You cannot undo the harm, but you are here, protecting him with your own way. Don’t feel so bad about it, Jae. Besides, with all the power of Jung family, I believe that Yunho will soon get the suitable donor.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yunho.”

Yunho sat up as soon has he heard his mother’s voice calling him. His lips curved into a smile as he smells his favorite food, tteokbokki.

Mrs Jung came closer to his son, followed by Jung Changmin. As she put the tteokbokki on the table next to Yunho’s bed, she was taken aback. Her son’s room was filled with all kinds of flowers.

Hyung, since when did you turn this room into a florist?” Changmin teased.

Yunho scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly, “He brought me all kinds of flowers today.”

Seeing the smile on Yunho’s face, Mrs Jung could not help but smile along. She has not seen such a sincere smile on her oldest son’s face ever since he was hospitalized. She thought it will take long until she can finally see it again, but no she was wrong. She sees Yunho’s smile way sooner than she expected.

“So, who’s this person that makes my Yunho smile?” She asks as she begins her son’s hair.

“His name is Kim. He’s a new friend I meet in the hospital.” Yunho says.

“Can I meet him, then?”

“No, mom! You cannot!” Yunho quickly refuses, “Even I have not seen him yet. I don’t want you or Changmin to see his face before I do.”

Changmin burst out laughing as he sees Yunho’s lips formed a pout. Never in his life has he seen Yunho acting this way. Yunho has always been a serious one, no fun at all. In this lowest point of Yunho’s life, Changmin would never expect to see him developing such behavior. But Changmin promises himself, that whoever this Kim is, the moment he meets this Kim, he would have to properly thank him; thank him for bringing back the lively Jung Yunho, for  giving him courage to face this hard challenge and lastly for making Jung Yunho more humanly.

“Is my son falling in love?” Mrs Jung teases, “Tell me, do you like him, son?”

Yunho freezes before his face turns red, “Um mom, I don’t know what it feels like to be in love. But I know Kim is a good friend.”

Both Mrs Jung and Changmin were truly relieved that Yunho has gained his fighting spirit. They know being blind is only temporary because they will make sure that they find the suitable donor as soon as possible.

“Right, Yunho. I talked to your doctor before coming here. He says that according to the checkup results, you can get discharged tonight. Are you happy, son?”

Yunho smiles at that. He hates being in the hospital, inhaling the scent of hospital and of course, sitting on the hospital bed all the time makes him feels useless. He is obviously delighted to get discharged. But, then…

“If I get discharged today, what about Kim? He does not know where to meet me anymore. I don’t have his phone number yet.”

Hyung, are you seriously willing to stay another night in this hospital just for you Kim?” Changmin asked in disbelief. He knows Yunho hates the feeling of being in the hospital and now his brother seems like implying to stay another night. And to their dismay, Yunho nods happily.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong intentionally takes a day off this Friday. He wants to spend time with Yunho, even when he does not clearly know why. The memory of Yunho’s pout when he had to leave haunts Jaejoong. Besides, he has a lot of leaves available, so why not use this chance to take a break?

When entering Yunho’s room, Jaejoong was a bit surprised to see Yunho was no longer wearing his pajama, but he was well dressed in a white shirt and long black pants. Is he going to the office or what? Jaejoong started making his own guess.

“Kim?”

“Uh yes, it’s me Yunho.” Jaejoong says as he steps closer to Yunho, “Why are you well dressed today? Are you going to the office?”

“What? What makes you think so?”

“Look at you; you’re wearing a shirt and formal pants.”

Yunho scratches the back of his head, again. He doesn’t know he would look so formal. After all, he spends most of his time working. Shirts and formal pants are his best friends. Believe it or not, Yunho doesn’t have denim pants in his wardrobe at all, and he did not mind it. However as he hears Jaejoong, perhaps I should change my style once in a while.

“Actually I’m getting discharged today, Kim.”

“Ah really? That’s nice.” Jaejoong smiles enthusiastically, “But why are you wearing your office wears if you’re going home?”

“Um… Actually I only have these clothes in my wardrobe.”

“What?!”

Jaejoong knows how hardworking Yunho has been, but he did not expect it to this extent. Yunho is so serious, too serious about his work.

“Well Kim, if you don’t mind, will you help me do the discharge procedure? Also, my brother helped me bring back all my belongings already. So we’re good to go after completing the discharge procedure.”

“eh?”

“Why, Kim?”

“If your brother has done all the work, then why did he not complete your discharge procedure?”

Yunho was too embarrassed to say the truth, but he was not the type to hide or conceal what he truly feels or believes, “Because if I left the hospital with him, you would not know where I go and I also have no idea how to find you.”

 

 

 

 

After settling Yunho’s discharge procedure, Yunho thought Jaejoong was going to send him home. However Jaejoong asked the taxi driver to stop by a shopping mall nearby.

“Why are we going to a mall? Are we not going home?” Yunho asked.

“We will, but first, let’s do a little shopping.”

Jaejoong told him that Yunho should chill a little; at least when he’s not in the office. Jaejoong wants him to feel like a person who’s around his age, where he can hang out and have a self-quality time amidst all his tight schedules. In fact, Yunho has never thought about those things. He feels like he is living well like that. He does not mind what he wears, what he eats or what he does on weekends. After all, since Mr Jung died, Yunho only worked towards a goal; which is to make sure Mrs Jung and Changmin live a good life.

Jaejoong learns that Yunho takes care of people around him, more than he cares for himself. Jung Yunho, a man that is too good to be true. However, Jaejoong was relieved that the Jung Yunho he first admired turns out to be this humble and sincere.

“Try this tshirt and denim pants. I’m sure they’ll make you look better.” Jaejoong shoves the two clothes to Yunho. However, Yunho’s questions makes Jaejoong embarrassed, “How am I going to try all these by myself? I can’t even see…”

“umm.. sorry, Yunho. I did not mean that…” Jaejoong apologized, he was afraid he would offend Yunho.

“I’m not offended Kim. Just… can you help me trying it on?”

“Eh?” It was a good thing that Yunho could not see the blush that creeps up on Jaejoong’s cheeks.

“I mean, we are both guys. Can you teach me how to dress myself? Also, I need to learn it since I can’t always trouble my brother everytime I need to dress.”

And Yunho tries to hold Jaejoong’s hand, trying to lead Jaejoong to the fitting room with a stick on his right hand to guide his path. Jaejoong chuckled before saying, “It’s this way. Let me lead your way.”

 

 

Never in his wildest dream would Jaejoong have imagined to be in this small room with Jung Yunho; where he could see and touch Yunho’s toned abs without interference. His breath hitched when his hands guided Yunho’s to his pants. He could feel himself trembling. After all, Jaejoong is also a grown man who has his own needs and Yunho’s toned muscles will never fail to turn people on.

“Kim? Are you trembling?”

“Uhh… I…”

“Are you feeling unwell?”

Jaejoong did not know what to say. He could not possibly tell Yunho that the view turns him on, right? He does not want Yunho to think of him as a creep.

“Uh, a bit tired.”

“Then let’s get some afternoon tea after this.”

“Sure…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading this story~ I'm not sure if this story was enjoyable, but I wish to see your opinion on this?

Hopefully I'll post another update within a week :)