Recovery

A Love so Blind

Jaejoong reached home at 11pm with a smile plastered on his face. Good thing that his parents were both asleep and Karam was nowhere to be seen. He does not want to deal with all the questions he might have to face from them. As soon as he reached his room, he stripped all his clothes and went directly into the shower cubical. As the cold water run through his hickeys-filled body, his mind returned to the memories of him and Jung Yunho. They made love for the remaining two hours of karaoke time before Jaejoong sent Yunho home.

 

“Yun?” Jaejoong called as they finished making love. Yunho brought Jaejoong’s body closer to his and inhaled the scent of Jaejoong’s hair once again.

“Yes?”

“Why would you want to make love when you are not able to see yet?”

“I know you’d ask that, Kim.” He places a soft peck on Jaejoong’s forehead, “Blindness is not something I’d want to happen in my life. But I can’t deny that there are several good things that happened through it. Because of this incapability, I was able to meet you, to know you and to fall for you. While making love with ability to see will be wonderful, doing this while being blind has its own sparks. Because I can’t see you, my hands leave traces better; remember every inch of your skin better.”

Jaejoong blushed on that remark. How could Jung Yunho describe their love making session so beautifully?

And Jaejoong’s body tensed as he felt Yunho’s fingers run through his left hips once again, caressing it softly and remarked, “Like this mark on your body, Kim. I can feel there’s some little mark that bumps out here.”

“That tickles, Yun.”

“If I was not blind, I would have missed such kind of small detail, Kim.”

Jaejoong smiled and he tightened his embrace, and explained a bit to Yunho, “That’s my birthmark, Yun. Remember it well, will you?”

“I will, babe.”

 

Jaejoong’s lips curved upwards remembering those, but then the fear comes… What if what his mother told him was true? What if he’s one of those rare male pregnancy cases? That… can’t be, right? After all, they did it only once, and…. He’s a male. There’s no guarantee that he is a case of male pregnancy.

 

 

After he applied all his skin and body care products, he grabbed his phone and started rolling on his bed. He widened his eyes when he saw there were 4 missed calls from Junsu. Did something happen?

Without thinking much, he decided to call Junsu back to ask if something happened, and also to tell Junsu what happened today. He and Junsu keep zero secret between each other anyway.

“Kim Jaejoong!”

Jaejoong pulled his phone away from his precious ear when he heard Junsu’s high pitched scream before putting it back close when he feels Junsu was done with his scream.

“Where have you been? I’ve been calling you but your phone was always out of coverage. Did anything happen?”

Jaejoong smiled, “Well, something did happen. But before I tell you that, why did you call me, Su?”

“Nothing big, Jae. I just want to remind you to come on time tomorrow for the meeting.”

“Ah, of course. Don’t worry about it. I’ve prepared the materials on my side.”

“Nice! Now spill it, what happened to you?!”

Jaejoong started telling Junsu about what happened that night, about how Jung Yunho professed his love, how they ended up making love and that Yunho’s getting the surgery tomorrow, that Jaejoong will rush to the hospital as soon as they finish the meeting.

“Jae, I’m happy that you are happy now, but…” There was a pause before Junsu continues, “I’m worries about that accident, Jaejoong-ah. The first time you came to him in the hospital, you told me you just wanted to help him regain his fighting spirit. But now that things are like this, I’m sure you’d want to stay by his side, right? When will you explain it to him?”

Jaejoong’s smile faded and his tongue was caught. He should have known better than Junsu about this, but he turned a blind eye on this.

“You know, it would be better if Yunho knows it from you, not from anyone else. But I think you can take your time, preparing yourself and until Yunho is ready. After all, no one knows about this, so we can follow your pace, Jae.”

 

 

 

 

Changmin and Mrs Jung were waiting by the door of the operation room. They did not stop a second praying to God, pleading that the surgery goes smoothly.

“Don’t worry, mother.” Changmin tries to reassure his anxious mother, “We have the suitable cornea and the best doctor working on it. It will be fine. Yunho hyung will definitely be fine.”

“Yes, Changmin. He must be fine. Your brother must be fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong finished his meeting 10 minutes late. He knows that since this is lunch time, the road will be congested more than usual. He rushed into the hospital by a taxi, hoping that he could reach the hospital on time. He wants to keep his promise, that he would be the first person Yunho sees, and he does not want to miss this moment.

 

 

 

The operation was claimed to be successful and Yunho was brought into the hospital room. Mrs Jung could finally smile lightly hearing that the surgery was successful. Her first son will finally be able to heal completely. She can’t wait to see the glow in his eyes again. So is Changmin. He might be as nervous as Yunho. Plus, both of Yunho’s family can’t wait to see that Kim.

“So, Yunho-nim, I will open this bandage now. Are you ready?” The doctor asked.

“But, Kim is not here yet, mom… Min…”

Mrs Jung and Changmin exchanged glances. If only they have Kim’s phone number, they could have easily contacted him to ask his whereabouts. But they know nothing about this Kim. Mrs Jung put her arms around the sitting Yunho’s shoulder.

“Dear, later when Kim arrives, we can just find him, right?”

“But…”

“The doctor is busy, son. Don’t waste his time like this.”

Obeying his mother’s wish, Yunho let the doctor take off his bandage slowly. Yunho could not hide his anxiety. He wishes that this surgery will lead him to the end of the dark world he lived for these two weeks. Yunho could feel that the entire bandage was finally off.

“Now, will you try opening your eyes slowly?”

Yunho did as he was told. Slowly, he opened his eyes. It was blurry at first, but he could definitely feel the lights coming into his eyes. Starting with a blurred vision, after a few moments and his eyes could finally adjust to all the coming lights, he could see clear.

By then, the door to the room was opened. Mrs Jung, Changmin, the doctor and nurse, even Yunho all turned towards the person who has just arrived at the scene, panting heavily.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong finally reached the hospital room where the nurse told him where Yunho would be. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door carefully before seeing that his view to the hospital bed was blocked by someone’s back that looks very familiar to him.

“Kim?” Jaejoong could hear Yunho’s voice calling out to him, “Are you here, Kim?”

Jaejoong was about to open his mouth, but that person in front of him was faster, “I’m here, Yunho.”

Jaejoong could not believe his own ears. He heard a very familiar voice that responded to Jung Yunho, claiming that he was indeed the Kim Yunho knows.

“I, Kim Karam am here. I’m here because I promised you that I’ll be here by the moment you open your eyes to see this world, Yunho.”

Jaejoong hid himself behind the door, leaving the door open just so that Jaejoong could hear the conversation without being seen. During this time, a lot of possibilities went through Jaejoong’s mind, about what is happening, and why was Karam there? Why did Karam pretend to be him?

 

 

Yunho watches Karam as he walks closer to Yunho, until he arrives at Yunho’s bed side, staring deep into Yunho’s almond shaped eyes. He was definitely mesmerized by Yunho’s deep and piercing gaze. So was Yunho, he was captivated by the appearance of his Kim. After the long darkness he went through, he can finally see again, and even if Kim was late, Kim managed to keep his promise, that he would be the first person Yunho sees once he opens his eyes.

Yunho brings his right hand to cup Karam’s left cheek, “Karam Kim… You’re exactly like the Kim I’ve always pictured in my mind.”

And Karam let Yunho brings him into his embrace. Even though they just met last night, Yunho felt like they’ve been apart for long. Perhaps because he was not able to see him, so he still misses him. He inhales it, Karam’s hair, but no. Something felt… off… This is not his Kim’s smell. Karam doesn’t smell like white lilies.

“Did you change your shampoo, babe?”

Karam was caught off guard, “Uh… Yea… I changed it. Does my hair not smell nice?”

“No, babe.” Yunho smiles, “You smell as nice as ever.”

 

 

 

Jaejoong could not take this any longer. He can’t keep on watching how Yunho treats Karam in such way longer. He decides to leave the scene, with tears all over his face. How did this happen? Why was Karam there? What exactly is happening?

Jaejoong got into a cab, telling the driver to drive to Cassie shoes before pulling out his phone and call Junsu.

“Jae? How’s it?”

“Su…” Jaejoong was definitely crying, and he does not bother to cover up his voice, “Su, Karam, he… he pretends to be me!”

“What?!”

Jaejoong then told Junsu how Karam was there before him, telling Yunho that the Kim has been Karam all along. Jaejoong was helpless; he didn’t know what to do.

“You should not have left the scene Jae!” Junsu protested over the line, “You should have barged into the room and tell Yunho that Karam was an imposter, and that you’re the real Kim!”

“I know, but… I feel I was not right either, Su. After all, I have known all along that Yunho is Karam’s fiancé. The moment I saw Karam and Yunho together, I feel like they are destined to be together, and I was just a stopover in Yunho’s short blind life.”

“Are you joking, Kim Jaejoong?” Junsu was enraged as he can’t believe Jaejoong actually had to blame himself in this situation, “But why did Yunho believe Karam right away? I mean, you’ve been with him for two weeks!”

“If it were anyone else, Yunho could easily tell he’s fake, Su. But it’s Karam. His facial features are so similar to me. His voice is even very similar to me. It’s no wonder that Yunho can’t tell us apart.”

 

 

 

 

 

On the other side, the doctor and nurse left right after making sure that Yunho could see with no problem at all.

Mrs Jung was delighted to see Karam. She recognizes Karam in no time. This Kim Karam looked exactly the same as the Karam of her friend, Kim’s son. She was so sure that this must be the work of Heavens, to bring Jung Yunho and Kim Karam together. This was too much to be called a coincidence. Karam also looked polite and respectful to Mrs Jung when Mrs Jung told him that Yunho was the man set up for the arranged marriage with him.

“So mom, the Kim’s son that you told me about is… Karam?” Yunho asked in disbelief, “My Karam?”

“Yes, Yunho. Your Karam is your fiancé! I can’t believe how fate has played on you two. You two must be well fated!”

Karam replied with a smile, “I can’t believe that I fell in love with Jung Yunho even before knowing that he’s my fiancé. What a wonderful fate for us, Yunho.”

Yunho nodded in agreement, he circled his arm around Karam’s hips, “Mother, then I would like to speed up the wedding. If it’s Karam, I’m ready to get married.”

Mrs Jung jumped in happiness. Her wish to get Yunho married is to be realized soon. The joyful thing is that Yunho is marrying the person he loves, who happens to be her friend’s son. She took a step closer to Karam and holds his hand, “Karam-ah, I will call your mother today and set up a schedule for a family dinner to discuss about this marriage. What do you say?”

“It’s good, Auntie Jung.”

The three people seem to be very happy over this thing, except for Changmin who has been observing this since earlier without giving any comment. Changmin is not sure, but there is something off about Karam Kim, “Hyung, you just recovered and there are still many things to handle in the company. You’ve been absent for two weeks. I think it’s better to settle these things first before talking about your wedding.”

“Changmin, the company and the wedding can be prepared in parallel. Besides, I and Kim mother will definitely help Yunho and Karam in the wedding arrangement.” Mrs Jung says, and then turning to Yunho, she adds, “You can just focus on the company and your health first, son. Let us, the moms take care of your wedding preparation.”

 

 

 

 

Changmin is dissatisfied, worried and can’t stop thinking about it. Yunho may have not gone into details about his relationship with Kim, but Yunho always spills some small stories about him and Kim. Judging from his brother’s story, he believed Kim is a genuine guy, but when Changmin sees Karam Kim coming, he feels something is surely wrong.

Changmin clearly knows who Karam Kim is. Karam Kim’s face is always all over the news, with rumors going on that Karam Kim dates his own manager, a movie director to earn a leading role in a drama, or even driving in a drunken condition several times.

Also, Kwon Boa, one of Changmin’s close friends who work as a make-up artist always tells him stories about a model named Kim Karam.

He’s a total . He treats people like trash and never appreciates people’s efforts.

He’s arrogant, no wonder all the staffs hate him. If it’s not for his beautiful face, he would not be getting any job. But if he keeps his y attitude, I’m sure he’ll go jobless sooner or later.

Based on Boa’s testimony, Changmin could safely say that Kim Karam and Yunho’s Kim are totally different persons.

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho actually hopes Karam could accompany him home, but Karam reasons out that he still has job to do. Yunho is reluctant, but he knows how much Kim has put him over his own work when he was blind. Yunho is trying to be a more understanding boyfriend, tolerating that Karam also has his own life to live, instead of staying with him all the time.

However, in fact, Karam went to Yoochun’s apartment to tell Yoochun his next plan to marry Yunho as soon as possible. He really hoped Yoochun would agree with him, but to his dismay, Yoochun was boiling with rage when he stated he wants to marry Yunho.

Karam is so annoyed today that thing is not going his way. Yoochun is still so stubborn about this, even though he has told him many times that no matter what happens; his heart will always be Yoochun’s.

Karam ends up going home early today, at around 7pm. He wanted to stay at Yoochun’s apartment tonight, but he really is not in the mood for that, not after his fight with Yoochun today.

Karam has just entered the living room when he heard Jaejoong called him, “Kim Karam.”

Karam knows this is also coming. His twin brother, Kim Jaejoong must want to loathe on him.

“Where are mom and dad?”

“They are out for groceries shopping,” Jaejoong replied, “We need to talk.”

“About what?”

“Don’t pretend, Kim Karam.” Jaejoong looked at him, trying his best to hold his tears, “You know exactly what we need to talk about.”

“Okay, I’ll drop the act. You’re talking about Jung Yunho, aren’t you?”

Jaejoong’s face hardened, but he tries to keep himself calm, “Why were you there? Why did you lie about being me? What are you trying to do?”

Karam chuckled, “What am I trying to do? What do you think, Jae? Isn’t that supposed to be my line, Kim Jaejoong? What are you trying to do, Kim Jaejoong?

Jaejoong’s brows rose in unison, “You lied and you’re cornering me?”

“Okay, I’ll explain my side. I accidentally overheard your conversation with Junsu last night that Jung Yunho was the victim in that accident, that you’ve been sticking with him recently and how you made him fall for you.” Karam stated coldly.

“Then why did you have to pretend to be me, Kim Karam?!”

“Are you seriously asking me this?” Karam fired back, “You clearly know Jung Yunho is my fiancé but you still made a move on him! You stole him from me! You took away my fiancé, and now you dare to start a fight with me? Are you out of your mind, Jaejoong? You just snatched Jung Yunho from me! Is this what brothers do to each other?”

“Karam… I…” Jaejoong seems lost at words now. No matter how angry he was, no matter how he thinks Karam is wrong for lying, he totally forgot the fact that Jung Yunho is actually Karam’s fiancé, his own future brother-in-law. And that fact alone was enough to slap him in the face.

“I did not steal Jung Yunho from you, Kim Jaejoong.” Karam declared, “You were the one who did, and all I do is to take back what is rightfully mine. Jung Yunho has always been mine to begin with. Mark my words.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello~~

Just to let you guys know, I had a surgery on my left hand a few days ago and I'll need quite some time to finish the chapter 6 since it hurts for me to type for now. But I'll try to update when my hand recovers :)

Thank you for reading and see you next time ~