The Blind Jung Yunho

A Love so Blind

This morning has been terrible for Jung family. Something that they did not think would ever happen actually come and ruins their lives. Overnight, the fate of the Jung eldest son has changed. From someone who actively runs the corporate into someone who lies on the hospital bed, doing nothing, seeing nothing. It was not easy for Jung mother and Changmin to accept this twist of fate in such a short time.

They held an emergency meeting today in Cassiopeia Corporation that Jung Yunho, the CEO of Cassiopeia Corporation will take a temporary leave and all jobs and projects handled by him will be taken over by Jung mother and Changmin. All the stakeholders were left with a big question mark, obviously. However Jung mother insisted it was no big deal.

Looking at the city view from the 9th floor of Cassiopeia building, specifically Changmin’s office, Jung mother was massaging her temple. Today’s meeting was finished and even though she knows there will be more questions coming from the stakeholders, she knew they will not object to this. After all, Jung mother used to manage the company along with her late husband before both their sons take over.

“Mother.” Changmin reached out a glass of water for his mother, “Are you okay?”

“I am. But I’m not sure if Yunho is.”

 

Never in his life have Jung Changmin seen his brother so helpless like this. Jung Yunho has always been the good and reliable person that might exist only in drama. He was just too perfect that it seemed unreal. But looking at the current state, Changmin could not help but shed tears along with Yunho and their mother.

It is also one of the rare moments that Yunho actually cried. The last time he saw Yunho cried was when their father passed away, and after that, Yunho recomposed himself, standing up again, stronger than before. He knows his brother had put so much pressure on himself, feeling that he was responsible to give Changmin and their mother a good life when their father was no longer around.

“Mom…” Yunho stuttered between his tears, “Will I… stay like this for the rest of my life?”

One questions that hides a lot of emotions. Changmin could not help but shed more tears to this question. He knew his brother was scared, scared that he will not be able to see the world anymore.

“No, my dear.” Jung mom replied in assurance while she caressed Yunho’s forehead, “I will never let that happen, son. You heard the doctor. He said he will try his best to find the most suitable donor for you. Of course, Changmin and I will never let you stay this way for long. Don’t worry too much, baby.”

There was a hint of doubts in Jung mom’s voice, but Changmin looked stern and confident, “For sure. I will make sure you get the priority for your eye surgery, hyung. Don’t worry.”

Yunho smiled weakly. It was for sure the hardest smile he ever managed. He knew his mother and brother will surely do all their might to erase this darkness, but he was still scared. He was a strong and active businessman. But look where he is now. He is lying on the hospital bed, blind, useless. Never in his life have he feel this useless. He hates this feeling.

“Changmin, mom, can I ask you something?”

“What is it, hyung?”

“Please not let anyone know about my condition…” Yunho says, “Tell the stakeholders that I’m taking a temporary leave, but never let them know I’m blind. Don’t let anyone know about this… I’m just… too ashamed of this lowest point of my life… Besides, I’ll return to the company when I recovered anyway.”

Both his family members could clearly tell that Yunho was feeling scared to turn into a useless person. They knew Yunho’s feeling, and that’s why they decided not to tell anyone about Yunho’s condition.

“Plus, mom, please focus on the company with Changmin. Handle my responsibilities until my return.” Yunho said hesitantly, “Because if you are here often, I will feel more like a useless trash…”

 

 

 

 

It was the lunch time and Jaejoong was absent-minded. Junsu noticed that his bestfriend has been absent minded since the morning. However, everytime Junsu asked Jaejoong about it, Jaejoong would say he was fine. But he clearly was not. Jaejoong looked pale and worry was written all over his face without him needing to admit it.

“Hey, Junsu…” Jaejoong called out, still absent mindedly stirring his noodle without putting a spoonful of it into his mouth.

“What?” Junsu said while slurping his noodle.

“If you made a mistake to a stranger, what would you do?”

“Ask for forgiveness, of course.”

“Right…”

Junsu finally stopped eating and turned to Jaejoong who was sitting next to him. Jaejoong looked so blank and so helpless, but how could he be of any help when Jaejoong would not tell him his problem?

“Hey, Jae, did anything happen?” Junsu asked carefully, but he earned no response from Jaejoong. Instead, Jaejoong blinked several times, and smiled weakly, “I’ll take an early leave today. I’m not feeling well. I’ll tell manager Yook that I will leave early to get some rest.”

Junsu saw how Jaejoong left his untouched noodle and left him. This time he must have a serious issue. Because the Kim Jaejoong he knows has been an optimistic person who bravely faces every problem in his life.

 

 

 

 

In the opposite of what he said to Junsu and manager Yook, Jaejoong could not bring himself to return home. His mind was occupied with Jung Yunho; he could not sleep nor eat. He just wanted to check how Yunho is. He wanted to make sure Yunho is fine, even though he knows Yunho is not. How could Yunho be fine, when the perfect life of his was turned upside down overnight?

On his way to the hospital, Jaejoong stopped by a florist to buy his favorite flowers, white lilies. Perhaps he should just watch Yunho from afar, like how he always does for these past years.

 

 

 

 

Today Karam does not have any photoshoot and he is just spending his day at home, taking a rest. His mind was still on last night’s incident. He was afraid that there would be people coming for him. But no, he is sure he is safe.

Putting that mind aside, he is still happy about the fact that he was meeting his fiancé, Jung Yunho this weekend. He knows Yunho is an indisputable figure and anyone who is able to own this man is truly lucky. While he has been with Yoochun for quite some time, but why would Karam reject someone who can promise him the world?

Karam was singing in his room when suddenly Kim mom barged into his room which is very unusual of her. She shook Karam with all her strength, “Karam!”

Karam is clearly annoyed by her mother’s sudden disturbance, “Mom, can you calm down and tell me what happens?”

“I got a call from Jung’s mother.” She said, “She says the meeting between you and Jung Yunho will have to be put on hold.”

“What? But why, mom?” Karam clearly does not like this idea. He is so excited about meeting the charismatic businessman and of course, looking forward to marry him.

“She didn’t go into the details, but she says Yunho is very busy lately. But don’t worry, dear. The arrangement is not off.”

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong looks anxious. How could he not, when he’s standing in front of Yunho’s room; the man he has been admiring, yet at the same time the man whose life was turned upside down by him. Jaejoong feels like he should be too ashamed to face Jung Yunho now, but he feels like he should take some responsibility on this. Even if Jung Yunho feels even further away now, he could not bear leaving Yunho alone in this state.

Peeking through the gap of the door, he could see Yunho was trying to eat by himself. His right hand was reaching for the fork, and poked the bread with it afterwards. Yunho told himself not to use his left hand to feel his own mouth. He wished he had the correct sense to put the bread into his mouth, but unfortunately without touching it, the bread landed on his nose instead.

Instead of eating it, Yunho put down his bread. Sitting silently for a moment before tears escaped his eyes again. He never felt this useless before. Why didn’t God end my life instead of torturing me like this?

Jaejoong did not want to think that Yunho was about to commit suicide, but he clearly saw how Yunho freed the bread from the fork and he slowly directed the fork to his stomach. Seeing this, Jaejoong did not think further, but barged into the room hurriedly.

Yunho, on the other side was surprised that someone came into his room and accidentally dropped the fork. Despite his surprise, he still managed to utter, “Who are you?”

Realizing that he just came into the room to prevent the suicide, Jaejoong was trying to make out a reason quickly. Jung Yunho never noticed him before and he knows that no one in the company knows about Yunho being blind.

“Um… I…” he stuttered, not sure what to answer, “Um… I was about to visit my friend but I accidentally see you… trying to commit suicide.”

Yunho’s face went blank and unreadable now, “So you peeked into my room?”

“It was not intentional.” He replied, “But… you should not do it.”

“Why?”

“Um….”

“I’m blind. I can’t see the world, so I might just die.”

“You can’t say that!!”

Yunho was taken aback by the strong response from the guy. He never knew this guy before; his voice was new to him. But why would he react this way?

While Jaejoong himself was surprised by his own high tone. He feels like he reacts the wrong way. “I mean… Life is precious. You should not waste it.”

“You don’t know what it feels like.” Yunho said, there was an apparent anger in his voice, “I am blind, I can’t even feed myself. There’s nothing else I can do in this world. So what’s the point of living?”

Jaejoong bit his lower lip. He knows this incident is such a big hit for Yunho. He blames himself, he’s aware that he’s the one causing all this sorrow for Jung Yunho. He might not want to live either if he was in Yunho’s shoes. However, he just could not let Yunho face all these alone; he did not want Yunho to end his life. If there’s a life to be ended, it should be mine, not yours.

“You’re wrong… There are still things that you can do even when you cannot see.” Jaejoong said hesitantly. He steps closer to Yunho and placed the white lilies bouquet on Yunho’s lap.

“What is this?”

“White lilies, my favorite flowers. I wanted to give this to my friend who is sick as a form of support,” Jaejoong lied, “But I think you need it more. So I’ll give this to you.”

Without waiting for Yunho’s response, he guided Yunho’s hand to touch the lilies, starting from its petals, “Remember this, Lilies petals feel like this. There are several sheets in a stalk of flower and they are so soft. Can you feel it?”

Yunho put on his flat face once again, but he did not resist it. He felt the flower strands and started to remember this feeling. Also, this person’s melodic voice soothed and calmed Yunho’s insecure self. Before Yunho could say anything, he could feel that the stranger brought his hand and the flower bouquet closer to his face until he could smell the flower.

“Remember this smell,” Jaejoong said. “This is the smell of white lilies.”

What a soft hand you get here.

Taking a deep breath and smelling the fragrance coming into his nose, Yunho smiled a bit. It smells quite nice. On the other hand, seeing Yunho’s faint smile was enough to make Jaejoong’s eyes filled with tears. He could not believe Yunho would be in this state. However for Yunho, Jaejoong promised to be strong. He promises himself that he will be by Yunho’s side to the moment Yunho can stand again with his own feet.

“If you… If you want, I will come again tomorrow and bring you more flowers. I will let you know the difference of various kinds of flowers.” Jaejoong said, “This is just a small thing that you still can do even without being able to see.”

Receiving sudden kindness from someone he doesn’t know, Yunho stayed silent for some moments. But he knows what this stranger said was correct. Yunho should not get discouraged, he should raise stronger now. Instead of blaming this fate, he should learn how to cope up with his current situation, how to accept and love himself again even when handicapped.

Yunho nodded his head slowly, “I’d like to try…”

Seeing this, Jaejoong smiled, “Then I’ll return tomorrow… Bye…”

Again, Yunho nodded to Jaejoong’s statement. Deep in his heart, Yunho feels like he is looking forward to tomorrow. He wants to know what else he can do without his eyesight. Perhaps even without eyesight, he can do some things like normal people do.

Five seconds

Ten seconds

But Yunho has not heard any movement of Jaejoong. He wondered if Jaejoong did not go at all, “Are you still here?”

Realizing Yunho noticed his presence, Jaejoong answers him with a yes.

“Why?”

“Um… I was afraid you will attempt to kill yourself again…”

Again, Yunho gave him a smile, “I will not. I promised you tomorrow, didn’t I?”

“Uh… yes…” Jaejoong replies shyly, “Then good bye, Mr…….”

“Jung Yunho.” Yunho tells him, “Just call me Jung Yunho.”

“Then see you tomorrow, Jung Yunho.”

Jaejoong quickly walked to the door and left Yunho alone. Yunho tried to call him though, “Wait!” but he could hear no response, which means that person left.

I didn’t get to know your name yet… But Yunho let out another smile. Thank you, he said to himself while touching the flower bouquet.

 

 

 

 

 

“Karam? Are you serious?!”

Karam was a bit startled when he witnessed Yoochun’s reaction. He did not know Yoochun can lose his temper on him. All these time, Yoochun has been a nice and good boyfriend for him. He had seen Yoochun being angry before, but never at him.

“Are you seriously breaking our relationship to marry some other man?!” Yoochun repeated himself.

“It’s not a break up, babe!” It may sound like a defense, but a break up is not what Karam truly wants, “We can just date behind him. I mean like, I will marry him but I’ll still date you. We will still be in a relationship. Nothing will change.”

“Nothing will change?” It was hard for Yoochun to understand Karam’s mind at the moment, “Are you implying we’re having an affair? Are you saying that I will be sharing you with your husband?!”

“Not sharing, baby!”

“If it’s not sharing, then tell me what it is?!”

Karam was frustrated that Yoochun did not instantly agree to his opinion. He wants Yoochun but he wants Jung Yunho at the same time. He loves Yoochun but he needs Jung Yunho.

“Yoochun! Listen! The man I’m marrying is Jung Yunho! Jung fcking Yunho!” Karam emphasized, “He is the rich Jung Yunho! Plus, I’m not giving my heart to him. I hope you can understand.”

Hearing the name Jung Yunho, Yoochun stood still, letting Karam hug him from the back and lean his face on Yoochun’s back.

“Please accept it, Chunnie. We can take advantage of him together…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading!

Would love to hear what you think about this story tho :)