Hope

A Love so Blind

Changmin and Mrs Jung are home earlier today since they could not wait to welcome Yunho’s return. Mrs Jung wanted to pick up Yunho from the hospital, but Yunho insisted that Kim will take him home instead. Seeing Yunho’s plea, Mrs Jung was in no position to refuse it. However she did not regret it. She could not unsee that expression on Yunho’s face. That smile, Yunho has long lost it since their father’s death. That lively Jung Yunho who was lost is now back.

“Mom? Changmin? You’re back?” Yunho who was sitting on the living room asked as he could hear the footsteps of his family coming in.

“Yes, dear.” Mrs Jung was the first to sit next to her son and caressed his hair, “Welcome home baby.”

Just when she placed a peck on his forehead that she noticed something different about Yunho, “You smell so nice, son.”

Hearing the compliment, Yunho could not help but put on another grin, “Thanks mom.”

It reminds him of the compliment he received from Kim earlier, “Yunho, I… I like the scent of you.” was what Kim told him when they were standing close to each other in the tight fitting room earlier.

Changmin teases him, “Obviously, mom. This older brother of mine who used to neglect perfume and fragrance suddenly told me to bring my Givenchy perfume this morning for him. I sensed something fishy, but I ignored it. Turns out, he’s possessed by some kind of love cupid.”

“Changmin!” Yunho protested.

“Plus, hyung, nice new clothes you’ve got.”

Changmin knows how Yunho’s wardrobe looks like and he highly doubts that Yunho would have such clothes in his wardrobe.

“Ah, Kim and I went for a little shopping today. Kim told me I look good in these. Even though I can’t see now, Changmin, mom, will you tell me how I look?”

Changmin chuckled seeing how hopelessly in love his brother is, but he likes the changes in Yunho so far, “Well, you’re looking more like your age now, hyung.”

Mrs Jung nodded in agreement, “Yes, Yunho. It looks good on you, my handsome son.”

However despite the happy smile she displays to both her sons, Mrs Jung was actually worried about a thing, if Yunho falls in love with his new friend, what should I do about Kim Karam?

 

 

 

Jaejoong and Yunho have been meeting for one week straight now during Jaejoong’s lunch break. It is now a habit for Jaejoong to meet Yunho during lunch time and spend some time with the blind man. Yunho gradually develops some sort of attachment to Jaejoong, as Jaejoong is the only friend who can lighten up Yunho’s current dark world.

Yunho is especially excited today. It’s Sunday and he has a schedule with Jaejoong. He gets up early and asked Changmin to choose between several clothes he and Jaejoong bought yesterday. Changmin was about to help Yunho dress up, but Yunho stopped him. He practiced dressing up himself with Jaejoong yesterday, and now he wants to start learning how to do everything by himself. Of course, it takes longer than usual, but Yunho seems pretty satisfied that he managed himself.

“I really want to meet that Kim, hyung.”

“I will introduce him to you, if he accepts my feelings.”

Yunho is now open about his feelings for Jaejoong, at least to Changmin, his one and only trustworthy brother. He wants Jaejoong as his life companion, but deep in his heart, he wishes by the time they commit in a relationship, he can see Jaejoong with his own eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho expected Jaejoong to take him anywhere but here; an orphanage. Jaejoong did not tell him where they were heading until their taxi arrived there; bigeast orphanage. After paying the taxi fare, Jaejoong leads Yunho to the gate of the orphanage. However just before Jaejoong enters, Yunho pulled Jaejoong’s hand.

“Why did you bring me here, Kim?”

“I usually come here because I like playing with kids. I’m not sure if you like it or not, but I have an intuition you will, since you are a good person.”

Yunho smiles, “But how can I play with them when I’m blind?”

“I came here a few days ago and I promised them I will take an English teacher here to teach them English.”

“Is that supposed to be me?”

“Yes. Do you mind?”

“Not at all.”

Jaejoong replies with a smile. He knows Yunho is a good person with a good heart and he will enjoy this activity. Yunho is not arrogant like the typical rich families out there. Yunho is just too good to be true.

“Mr Kim?”

Both Jaejoong and Yunho turned their attention to the voice that called out to Jaejoong. Jaejoong greeted with a bow to the older woman who was approaching them. It is Mrs Im Yoona, the caretakers of the children.

“Mrs. Im.” Jaejoong greeted, “Like I promised the kids, I bring my friend here to teach them English.”

“Oh my… That’s so nice of you, Mr Kim.” She replies as she opens the gate to welcome Jaejoong and Yunho, “Come on in, the kids are expecting you since early morning today, Mr Kim and…?”

“Jung Yunho.” Yunho introduces himself.

 

 

There are about 18 children in bigeast orphanage, with the youngest at around 3 years old and the oldest at around 13 years old. Nonetheless, every each of them is very enthusiastic about learning English from Yunho.

“Mr Jung, you’re very handsome!” says Kim Hanna, a six-year old child in English, practicing what she had learned today from Yunho, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

Yunho shakes his head as a response.

“Then Mr Yunho, you can date Kim noona” says a boy named Taemin, “Kim noona is so beautiful like a girl.”

“Yah Taemin! I’m a hyung, not a noona!” Jaejoong pouted, causing all the children and Yunho to burst into laughter.

After they had an English lesson and a lunch together, Jaejoong accompanied the boys to play soccer in the small garden at the back of the orphanage. Yunho really wanted to join if he could, but unfortunately he could not. However, sitting by the side of the garden while listening to the loud cheers of Jaejoong and the kids made him smile in joy. In the past, happiness of Jung Yunho could be described by successful projects in the company. But now he understands that simple things like this can also be joyful and make him happy.

“Mr Yunho.”

“Hanna?”

“Yes, this is Hanna.”

Again smiling, Yunho was happy he could recognize Hanna’s voice even when they have just met, “Hi Hanna. Come and sit next to me.”

“Mr Yunho, are you and Kim oppa dating?”

“Eh?” Yunho was surprised as he did not see that question coming, especially from a little girl like Hanna.

“You seem like you really like Kim oppa, right?”

“Why would Hanna think so?”

“Because whenever you look at Kim oppa, your face looks like my father’s face when he talks about my mother. But too bad they have gone to Heaven now.”

Yunho feels bad for Hanna after hearing that both her parents are dead, which is why she is now in the bigeast orphanage.

“Papa says his love for Mama is really big. Too bad Mama dies right after Hanna comes to the world. When papa remembers about mama, his face glows like how Mr Yunho’s face glows when you’re with Kim oppa. So Hanna thinks maybe you love Kim oppa just the way papa loves mama.”

Hanna is just another person who asks Yunho about his true feelings to Kim. After all, his brother and mother have been pushing him about this as well. Yes, he really wants to say yes. But what if Kim doesn’t feel the same way? What if Kim’s only sympathizing with him?

 

 

 

 

 

“!!”

Mrs Jung was surprised to see her second son cursing in his room so loudly. She rushed to his side to calm him, “Changmin, what happened?”

Changmin could feel the blood rushing to his face, but with his mother next to him, he can’t bear to explode anymore. Inhaling some air, he hopes it helps to calm him down a bit. His mother, on the other side, keeps on rubbing his back, helping Changmin to calm down before guiding Changmin to take a seat on his bed.

“Now tell me, what happened, son?”

Hesitating whether to tell his mother or not, but Changmin decided not to keep any secret from his mother, “These days, I’ve been trying to find out the culprit of the hit and run, mom. I sent some people to investigate the place where the accident happened, but nothing came up. That area was secluded and there’s no CCTV around. I asked them to find any witness, but so far no one claims to have witnessed the incident.”

Now Mrs Jung knows why her second son was upset. Changmin loves Yunho just as much as Yunho treasures him. She, like Changmin, also wants to know about the truth, about the real culprit who heartlessly hit his oldest son and left him alone in the darkness. Yunho is a good person and she can’t accept some irresponsible people who just came into his life to mess up and ruin his perfect life.

Just before they could say anything, Changmin’s phone rang which he immediately answered, “……. Yes, this is Jung Changmin.”

As Changmin continues to hear what the caller got to say, his eyes widened and he turned to look at his mother.

 

 

 

Yunho could not believe what he hears. He was a bit tired after the orphanage visit with Jaejoong but he managed to get home for dinner time. He wanted to shower first, but Mrs Jung demanded he should listen to the news before anything.

Hyung, why are you so silent?” Changmin asked. He thought Yunho would be happier with the news, “I thought you should be jumping happily, that they finally got the suitable donor for you.”

“I… Does that mean I will be able to see again?”

“Yes, Yunho.” This time Mrs Jung exclaims happily, “We asked them when will be the soonest you can have the surgery and they said it’s the day after tomorrow!”

Yunho smiles. This is too good to be true. He could finally see again, he could finally end these days of darkness and see the world again; the colorful world, and now most importantly… his Kim. He can’t wait to see Kim’s face with his own eyes.

“I can’t wait for the day when I can see again, mom… Min…”

 

 

 

 

 

Tonight, Yunho and Jaejoong had another date to the karaoke. As usual, they meet in front of Yunho’s gate where Jaejoong will pick him up. Jaejoong always insists to pick Yunho so that he can ensure Yunho’s safety. However for Yunho, it is important not to let his family see Jaejoong before he does. Therefore Yunho repeatedly tells both his family members not to peek when Jaejoong comes to get him. Even so, Jaejoong always gives excuse whenever Yunho demands for his phone number. Yunho does not know why, but he did not think further. Jaejoong has always been with him anyway.

“Are you ready?”

“I am.”

Jaejoong helped Yunho to get seated in the taxi. However, Jaejoong noticed the slight difference about Yunho. They used to sit far apart with each other in the taxi, but this time, Yunho seems to get closer, by holding his hand and put their intertwined hands on his lap; leaning his head on Jaejoong’s shoulder. Jaejoong does not mind at all. Truthfully he enjoys Yunho’s touch, but he was so scared. He was scared thatif Yunho gets to see again, he needs to leave him.

“Kim, after the karaoke, I have something to talk to you.”

Jaejoong nodded in response, believing Yunho could feel his head nodding.

 

 

 

 

They rented the karaoke room for three hours. Both liked singing and they have sung all sorts of songs, starting from Mirotic, Rising Sun, Wrong Number to even ballad songs like Bolero, Begin and others. Yunho could not believe how beautiful Jaejoong sounds when he sings. His voice has always been melodious to Yunho’s ears, but this time it’s a thousand times more beautiful.

They were sitting next to each other when Jaejoong was singing the opening of Love in The Ice. Yunho, however, started bringing both his hands to cup Jaejoong’s face, turning it until Jaejoong faced him. Jaejoong was shocked by this sudden situation, that his and Yunho’s face was only a few centimeters away from each other. What should I do?

Yunho’s fingers started lingering on Jaejoong’s forehead, down to his brows, nose, and finally landed on his lips. The moment those fingers touched his lips, Jaejoong could not help but close his eyes intuitively. The move was indeed correct as not long after, Jaejoong felt Yunho’s lips on his. The first time Jaejoong landed his eyes on Jung Yunho, he was not expecting anything at all. He knows well where he and Yunho stood. They were both in their own worlds and they would never cross each other’s paths. But now that things are looking like this, Jaejoong could not deny that there was a small hope growing deep in his heart, a hope that perhaps he and Yunho were fated, a hope that perhaps he can overlook everything that happened and goes on with this relationship. Jaejoong knows he’s getting greedier each time he spends time with Yunho.

After the soft kiss was broken by Yunho, Jaejoong could not help but shed some tears. He hopes that time would freeze, that things will be like this forever.

“Kim, there’s something I want you to know.” He started, not pulling further from Jaejoong’s face, “Tomorrow, I’m getting my eye surgery.”

What…?

“I can finally see the world and the people I love.”

Yunho will be able to see again?

“My brother, mother, and…. You.”

Seeing Jaejoong’s silence, Yunho expressed himself clearer, “I think I’ve fallen for you, Kim…”

“Yunho…”

“Do you feel the same way?”

“I…” Jaejoong hesitated, how could he not? He knows for sure that this man who’s confessing to him is actually Karam’s fiancé. He knows Jung Yunho would not adore him either if he knows the truth behind that incident, but….

“I love you too, Jung Yunho.”

Jaejoong decided in that split second that he is going to be selfish this time. He would never dare to dream that he could talk to Jung Yunho, but what is he getting now? A love confession from his long-time crush and he could not resist the desire to have him either.

Yunho is more than relieved to hear Jaejoong’s respond. This is the first time that he has fallen in love with someone. These butterflies all over your stomach, this fluttering feelings and this kiss, they are all new to him. He never thought that in the lowest and darkest point of his life could he find the love of his life.

“Do you know, being blind means that you can’t see anything, but… It opens up my heart to see the things unseen when I could see. They are people’s heart and sincerity.”

Jaejoong throws himself into Yunho’s embrace and buried his face on his chest, “I love you. Believe me.”

“I do.” Yunho caresses Jaejoong’s hair and inhales the scent of Jaejoong’s hair, lilies. It smells like white lilies, the first flower Jaejoong brought him. Kim must have loved lilies a lot, “The moment I can see again, I wish that the first person I would see is you.”

Yunho tightened the hug between them, “Will you promise me that you’ll be there with me through the surgery?”

Yunho could feel Jaejoong nodding, “I will try my best to finish my meeting earlier I can so that I can be there by the moment they take off your bandage tomorrow.”

“I love you, Kim.” Yunho says, and again, he reached Jaejoong’s cheeks and cupped them, “May I?”

Jaejoong’s mind went to the message his mother always told him when he and Karam were stepping into teenager life.

 

Jaejoong, Karam, I want you to take care of yourselves. You should not just let any man have with you without protection, okay sons?”

“But why, mom?”

“Because you are special, dear. You have the ability of being pregnant, just like girls do.”

“Why? Are we weird, mom?”

“No, my babies. You are gifted.”

 

Jaejoong was indeed doubtful, but the moment he saw the burning fire in Yunho’s eyes, it all burned his fears away. He did not expect that tonight will be the most wonderful night in his life. Also, perhaps in the future, they will do it over and over again, making love over and over again, until the sun rises and shine through the window to wake them up.

Not giving Yunho a “yes”, Jaejoong replies him with a soft kiss, “Do me, Jung Yunho.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Changmin was back at the hospital Yunho was treated at. He just wanted to make sure that the cornea transplant procedure is taken care of to ensure that tomorrow’s surgery can be done smoothly. He is as excited as Yunho about tomorrow. He can’t wait to see those eyes of his brother to shine like they used to.

Ah.

Changmin thought of something that never crossed his mind before. That day Yunho was brought to this hospital, who brought him? Who signed for Yunho’s personal information in this hospital? Probably this will lead him to some new clues about the culprit.

“Nurse, can I ask about when my brother Jung Yunho was brought into this hospital because of the car accident?” He asked to the nurse who was in charge of Yunho since the day he was brought here, as well as the nurse in charge for tomorrow’s surgery.

“Sure, Changmin-nim. What about it?”

“May I know how Yunho was brought here? Who brought him here?”

“As I remember, he was brought by an ambulance.” She says, “However I don’t know who signed as his guardian. Ah wait, let me check it for you.”

Changmin waited as the nurse checks on the computer about the data of Jung Yunho. However, it turns out that the situation remains unfavorable for Jung family as the nurse told him that the guardian requested not to have his identity revealed, and the hospital commits not to disclose any personal information upon requests.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So excited about Yunho that he finally got to see again haha

Thanks fo reading ~ don't forget to leave some comments and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter as well :)