He's Starting (edited)

The Bestfriend

Dr. Hirai went out the room and walked towards Mina who's been walking in circle ever since Sana went into the room.

"How are they?" She asked worriedly

"He's okay now, Jihyo's ankle are also okay she can walk properly in a day or two." 

"I'll go ahead, don't hessitate to call when you need something okay?"

"Yes uncle, thank you and tell Momo I said Hi." Finally letting a smile adore her face Mina bid good bye.

"Of course."

When Mr. Hirai left, Jihyo came out of the room with guilt all over her face.

"Mina..."

"Jih, you okay now?" Mina asked as she walked to her friend for assistance.

"Yes... I'm sorry he got badly hurt." Jihyo apologized which made Mina blushed. She isn't sure what to feel when she saw how Mina tend on Sana earlier.

"Don't be it's not your fault." Mina assures with a smile.

"The others are staying in the living room do you want me to get you there?" Mina asked since Jihyo is in her room.

"No need I can manage."

"Okay, I'll see Sana then." Mina says and proceed to walked towards Sana's room.

Jihyo smiles unknowingly before a wave of confusion consumes her.

"I hope you figure things out sooner Minari." Jihyo mumbles watching her friend before going down on her own.

***

Inside Sana's room

Sana is lying down on his bed with patches all over his upper body. Some bruise on his arms and quiet a few cuts on his face.

Mina sat on the right side of the bed watching Sana's slow breathing. 'You're cute when you're quiet but I prefer you being a jerk than lying here like this.' Mina thought

"Get well soon, I've been so bored without you, Pabo." Mina says caressing Sana's face with tears verging to fall down her eyes once again, her other hand found Sana's and she held it gently.

A tear slipped out her face and she's crying once again accompanied by her quiet ssobs. Warm hand brought her back as it caressed her face and when she looked up she was met with Sana's smile she grew to love. The same smile she grew to fall in love.

Sana wiped her tears with his thumb teasing her in the process as he say...

"Pabo... Mina Pabooo." Mina glares at him and sniffed.

"Yah! Why are you calling me that?" She whines but didn't bother to take off Sana's hand on her face instead she held it with her other hand.

"Don't do that again." Sana said sternly but his eyes are filled with sincerity that had her worry and confused at the same time.

"Do what?" Mina asked with a kneeted brow

"Don't ever go after me when you know I would be in trouble. I run faster so you won't be able to catch up but you still did." Sana explains red tinge dusting his face.

"Then don't go alone." Mina scolds

"Should I assume you worry about me? You shouldn't because I'm insensitive, traublemak-

Sana stopped midway he doesn't mean to let her know. He just want to lighten the mood.

"I-

"You heard that?" Mina asked as she try to look for Sana's eyes but the latter didn't let her and found the ceiling more interesting. He's about to let go of Mina's hand when Mina gripped it tighter and force him to face her by maneuvering his face towards her side.

"I didn't mean it. I-

"It's okay, it's the truth tho." Sana sulks and tries to look away but Mina held his face.

"No it's not. And really, I didn't mean it." Mina says sincerely

"Wait..." Mina added and a small smile crept her face. Sana frown not knowing why Mina suddenly smiles like that.

"That's why you're avoiding me?" Mina giggles

"Pfft...NO." Sana denies as he finally got to looked away.

"Oh yeah? Then why? Why did you stop pestering me? Why aren't you talking to me?" Mina asked and Sana could practically tell the sudden change in the air.

"Well..." Sana trail off not knowing what to say.

"Well?" Mina is getting impatient.

"Tzuyu... You like him right? It's your chance."

"..." Mina couldn't process everything at the moment she thought they could go back to normal again but it seems like they are far from that.

"Sorry for being nosy." Sana apologized, he thought Mina is mad because her posture changed and even her expression.

"Do you like Jihyo?"

Sana doesn't know why or where Mina got the questiom but he answers anyway.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" Sana answers  honestly but Mina had a different interpretation... or maybe it was just Sana who misinterpreted the question in the first place.

"I see..." Mina smiles without meeting Sana's eyes.

"Min-

"Sana are you okay?" Nayeon budged in from the door.

"Good thing your back, I'll go down now. Take a rest shiba." Mina says before walking out the room.

"Looks like you clean him up again." Jeongyeon teased which earn a shrugged and a playful eye roll from the younger before fully exiting the room.

Sana could only watch as Mina left the room.

***

Days passed quickly Mina's parents permits Tzuyu to court her and they've been through a couple of dates. She wouldn't lie, Tzuyu makes her heart flutter. She anticipates their dates, she likes when Tzuyu whines and she appreciates the efforts Tzuyu put to make her smile but... 

"Mina look!" Tzuyu points to the penguin plushie.

'If I'm a shiba inu then you're a penguin!'

Mina smiles at the memory playing in her mind. They were teens back then when Sana used to climb up to her room to sneak into her unnie's room because Nayeon is grounded and wasn't able to go out and hang out with her bestfriend.

Throwback (Sana is 15 while Mina is 13)

"My sister wouldn't learn her lesson if you keep popping out like that when she's litterally grounded." Mina argues as she crossed her arms beneath her chest watching Sana climb up her balcony for the nth time.

"Oh come on don't be too hard on her." Sana grunts struggling to climb up his leg on the balcony, Mina was about to turn away when she noticed where Sana's foot was lying so she emmidiately run towards the boy and grabbed his arm only to be tackled down on the floor with Sana on top of her.

"Ouch!" Mina winced in pain and the moment she opened her eyes she was met with Sana's curious ones.

"Yah! Shiba get off of me!" Mina scolds as she pushed him off feeling her face heating up with the contact.

"If I'm a shiba inu then you're a penguin!" Sana scoff as he looked away from the younger.

"What did you say?"

"I said you're a penguin!" Sana repeats annoyingly

"Mom! San-"

"Hey! Keep quiet." Sana hissed as he cover and dragged her inside her room.

Mina swat his hand and pretend to threw up due to the smell of his hand.

"Ewww what's with the smell?" Mina asked annoyingly

"Oh right I forgot to wash my hand after I-

Sana wasn't able to finish his teasing when Mina attacked him with clumsy punches.

"Yah!"

"You're so disgusting! Ughhh!" Mina grumbles as she continue to hit Sana who is now lying on her floor while bursting out in laughter.

"Stop! Ouch! I was --- joking!" Sana kept laughing as he cover his face from Mina's assuults.

"Mina?"

They both stopped emmidiately and Mina looked around to see where she could hide the troublemaker again.

"Mina?"

"Yes mom?"

"Are you with someone?"

"No... Unnie's not here, I was just- listening to some music." Mina says as she glare at Sana who is currently hiding beneath her bed while making faces to piss her even more.

"Okay, go to bed sweetheart it's getting late."

"Yes mom, good night." Mina heaved a sigh

"Go home!" Mina scolds

"What? I haven't seen Nayeon." Sana whines

"She's probably asleep by now. Mom took her phone so she has nothing to do." Mina glares  as she points to her balcony urging Sana to leave.

"Okay but...give me a kiss fir- Owww!"

"You ert...Get out!"

"You're so sensitive you know?" Sana sulks while masaging his head.

"You're just INSENSITIVE" Mina growls while pushing him off her room.

"Fine fine fine... You don't have to push me." Sana turn around and grabbed both of her wrists.

"What is it this time?" Mina frown feeling her face heating up at the sudden proximity.

"Shushhh." Sana shush and led Mina to the curtains to hide.

Before Mina could protest, Sana was no longer beside her. Her eyes grew in horror when she saw a stranger in her room. Her anxiety grew bigger when she saw Sana holding a bat carefully walking behind the man. Her heart drop when the man suddenly stop and made a face to face with Sana.

Thanks to his adrenaline rush, Sana was able to attacked the man just in time before he can attacked him again. Turns out he's a burglar who was lurking around the neighborhood.

"Thank you so much Sana, Mina would have been in trouble if it wasn't for you." Mrs. Myoui says as she tend on Sana's bleeding elbow.

"I... I think I'm the reason why he was able to climb. I mean... I always climb up Mina's balcony to play around with them." Sana says in guilt.

"You what?" Mrs. Minatozaki is beyond disappointed while Mrs. Myoui shook her head and pat Sana's head.

"It's not your fault... Thank you for trying hard to play with our Mittang." She smiles ruffling his hair.

"Are you okay?" Mina asked as she sat beside the sulking Shiba.

"Yes, are you?... Don't worry that'll be the last time I'll climb up your room. I put you in danger, I'm so sorry Mina." Sana looked down his tone filled with guilt.

"You saved me, so stop sulking will you?" Mina nudged him on the side while giving him her gummy smile and Sana felt his worries dissipating into thin air.

"Oh and Mina?"

"Hmm?"

"Promise me you won't kill me."

"Huh? Why?"

"I used your console to hit the culprit's head." 

Before Min could say anything Sana was already running off the house while calling Nayeon for help.

"Yah! Sana!" Mina shouts before running after him. Mrs. Myoui and Minatozki could only sigh because it's either a crying Mina or a pouting Sana would run back to them and asked to give the other a penalty for making him/her cry which is mostly Mina.

***

"Mina?" She was pulled out of her thoughts when Tzuyu snapped his fingers.

"Oh... Right, they're cute." Mina smiles as she pry away her thoughts about a certain guy.

"But not as cute as you." Tzuyu winks earning an eyeroll from the latter.

"You and your words Mr. Chou." Mina laughs

"Why? What's wrong with my words?" Tzuyu asked feigning innocent which is a complete fail and Mina laughs even more.

"Ohh...they are so flattering and dangerous that's what it is." Mina remarks

"Oh...I don't think it's bad then." Tzuyu shruggs

"You think so?" Mina asked sarcastically

"Nope! I know so... You see, I am only stating a fact. Having you smile and happy is a bonus." Tzuyu says sincerely and Mina felt her heart thumping inside.

"I repeat... You and your words are dangerous." Mina comments before shoving Tzuyu's smug face in front of her.

"And let me repeat myself... I am just stating a fact." Tzuyu depfends playfully before grabbing Mina's hand to try another childish ride all for Mina's comfort.

Mina is happy. Tzuyu is nothing but a dream come true. People watched with owe as Tzuyu and Mina interact cutely. Murmurs and praises makes it even fun with Tzuyu's dimpled smile flashed everytime people mistook them as a couple. Both turning into potatoes whenever people say they look good.

As Tzuyu's hand held tightly on her own, Mina let herself enjoy and succumed to the warmth Tzuyu offers. With her head leaning comfortably on Tzuyu's shoulder, gums showing, and eyes prickling with tears of joy while Tzuyu continue to tell funny stories.

When she finally get to control her laugh her eye begs herself to lie. Sana is watching at the end of the ride flashing a smile at them before he turns his back walked ahead and got lost from the crowd.