Crush

The Bestfriend

"Hello?"

"Sana... I-"

"Oh mom! Hi!" Sana greets while scratching the back of his head

"I heard you get into fight again, son please if you keep doing that you might end up being classmate with Dahyun and Chae. Come on, at least make sure to graduate with Mina." Mrs. Minatozaki plead on the phone and Sana felt worse, his mom has always been kind and loving.

"Neh arraseo"

***

Morning came and Mina found herself taking her breakfast alone. Nayeon had an earlier sched so she had to leave at 7AM while Mina and supposedly Sana had their first class at 9AM yet the annoying bestfriend seems to dozed off again so Mina being the kind and responsible kid in the house went back to the second floor and knock on Sana's room just one room away from her own. 

Mina frown ussually it only take 3-4 knocks and Sana's husky voice will answer her from the back of the door but today is different. She was about to open the door when a voice came from behind.

"Sana left earlier with Ms. Nayeon, Young Miss" Mr. Kim says

"Oh... I thought he overslept again." Mina says and emmidiately left for school.

***

She came in to school and saw Sana surroumded by his fangirls. Look like I worried for nothing'. Mina thought

"His wound looks fine and he even have his arms wrapped around Jisoo's body...Flirt" she mumbles again.

"He seems fine no?" Mina flinch at the sudden intrussion.

"Geez stop popping out like that" 

"Sorry" Jihyo grins completely unapologetic

"Oh I think he is looking at us...I mean to you" Jihyo pursed his lips to Tzuyu and his friends who gave them a friendly smile and so Mina does the same feeling her face heating up when Jihyo nudge her side.

Being uncomfortable at the moment Mina looked back at the group of girls surrounding Sana only to see the latter retreating from the group.

"Where does he think he's going? First period will start in 10 minutes." Mina frowns

"Maybe he will meet your sister." Jihyo guess

"Ohh...you're right let's go."

Mina sat on her chair and took her book to read and kill time. Five minutes later Sana sat on his chair beside her. Minute passed which felt like hours when Sana spoke breaking the deafining silence between them.

"I'm sorry really I didn't mean it." Sana says eyes fixed on the carton of strawberry milk on his hand.

Mina was shocked to say the least. She didn't expect Sana to feel bad about yesterday since Sana is Sana he doesn't care about what others would feel as long as it's not Nayeon. What she expected is for Sana to bully her for shoving the cloth on his wound.

"Here take it... I know it's your favorite." Sana says as he hand Mina the carton of strawberry milk.

Mina bit her lip to supress her smile. Sana is too cute when he pouts and he looks so shy that even his ears turn bit red matching his squirrel red cheeks.

"Okay fine...go on mock me all you want I won't fight back." Sana sulks because as much as Mina tries to contain her giggle her smile didn't go unnoticed by Sana.

"How's your face?" Mina diverts as she took the cartoon of strawberry milk from Sana.

"Still charming" Sana says smugly earning back the confidence when Mina took his peace offering.

Mina rolled her eyes. She shouldn't have expected to hear a proper answer from him.

"I don't think so." Mina pretends to throw up

"Blah blah blah aren't you gonna ask about my elbow? It's fine by the way thanks to you." 

"Of course it does or you wouldn't be able to wrapped it around Jissoo." Mina says nonchalantly which sounds like a mock and made the latter frown.

"Shhhh" Jihyo interrupts as she take her sit in front of Mina afraid that the two might begin their never ending arguments.

"Believe it or not we're not fighting Jih." Mina says showing her gummy smile.

"Oh?" Jihyo raised a brow looking at the equally smiley Sana. "Hmmm"

"Your friend is too cute for her own good." Sana whispers when Jihyo finally adressed that they are indeed in good terms and gave them her charming smile before settling on her seat.

"What did you say again?" Mina asked with a smile. Sana knew that smile that he even choke on his own saliva before scratching the back of his head.

"I said your friend is cute but your the cutest." Sana says trying to eliminate that smile on Mina's face because behind that smile is a scary penguin and he doesn't want to start another argument with the latter. 

It may seem weird but he likes it better when Mina is giddy and playful like this instead of the competitive and sulky Mina.

Mina smile victoriously and flipped her hair making sure it hit Sana on the face.

"Aish this penguin"

"You saying something squirrel?" Mina asked  as she pretend to fix his tie

"No-none"

Mina didn't hold back her giggle. She even pat Sana's head which made the latter blushed in embarrasment.

"Yah!" Sana whines in whisper and Mina just chuckle even more. They were interrupted when Mrs. Kim entered the class.

"Good morning class please take your seats."

"Good morning Mrs. Kim."

"Mr. Minatozaki, you are friend with Ms. Myoui right?" Mrs. Kim asked voice laced with concern.

"Myoui who ma'am?" Sana asked because he is currently sitting beside another Myoui and there are few Myouis in the university too.

Mina on the other hand felt a bit disappointed hearing Sana especially when she thought it was her. 'So you don't see me as a friend?'

"Nayeon... She's in the clinic right now." Mrs. Kim informs

"What?" Mina and Sana asked in unison

"We won't be having our discussion so feel free to go. You will just be continuing your impending works today and you already submitted yours so you can go." Mrs. Kim explains

"Thank you Ma'am." Sana says and emmidiately stood up and Mina had to look up when Sana offers her a hand with an expectant look.

"She's your sister aren't you gonna check on her?" Sana asked waiting for Mina's response.

"Oh right I forgot she's your sister. Go on Ms. Myoui." Mrs. Kim encourage

Sana took it as a yes and no longer wait for Mina's response as he took her hand, grabbed her bag and drag her out the room but careful not to hurt or force the latter.

Sana felt Mina's unusual silent treatment so he stopped and faced the latter. Worried that Mina might be worrying too much about her sister.

"Hey... It's okay, she's okay maybe she just lost her balance or something, alright? Her left leg is weak remember?" Sana says trying to give Mina a sense of relief.

"M-my hand Sana." Mina finally speaks looking at their tangled hands then to the students around them.

"Oh...sorry my bad"

"Hmmm let's go."

Both heaved a sigh when they saw Nayeon sleeping peacefully on the clinic bed no scratches or anything serious.

"What happened? How is she?" Sana asked the school doctor while Mina went to check on her sister.

"She's okay but she needs extra rest especially sleep." The doctor says eyeing Nayeon.

"We'll make sure she'll have those. Thank you Doctor." Sana says and went to Mina's side to see Nayeon.

"What did he say?" Mina asked

"She's okay she but needs alot of rest especially sleep." Sana says with an assuring smile

"That's a relief."

"You go to class and I'll take care of her." Sana says with a smile Mina never skipped a class unlike Nayeon and him.

"No, I'd like to be here when she wakes up." Mina says as she caressed her sisters face.

"Aigoo our baby Minari is so sweet." Sana teased he even clasped his hands and flutter his eye lashes earning a fit of giggle from Mina. 

'You really are so silly Minatozaki' Mina thought as she watched him do silly faces.

"Pabo" Mina comments and make herself comfortable on the couch.

Sana just smiles and sat to her side making sure there's enough space for Mina so she won't feel uncomfortable.

Mina busied herself reading her book when someone knocked on the door. Sana stood up and let the visitors came in and Mina felt her cheeks turning red when she saw who came to visit her sister.

"Hi!" Tzuyu greets as he walked in followed by Jeongyeon, Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Nayeon's other friends and so is Sana.

"Hi!" Mina greets shortly

"This is Mina, Nayeon's little sister." Sana introduced as he stand beside her and pat her head.

"We know Shiba!" Jeongyeon teased

"Yah!" Sana glares and Mina found herself smiling looking at the sulking bestfriend.

"I'm Tzuyu... That's Jeongyeon and those two minions are Dahyun and Chaeyoung." Tzuyu says which earn a smile to Mina because Dahyun and Chaeyoung throw him a glare.

"Hmmm... I know, I mean who wouldn't." Mina says she feels so awkward right now but a tap on her shoulder helped alot.

"Don't be shy they are all even nicer than me." Sana winked

"I believe they are." Mina teased back which earn a laugh to the visitors.

"Burn! Minatozaki Sana you are burned!" Dahyun laughs with Chaeyoung

Sana pretends he got hurt by sliding down on the floor earning a laugb from them.

"You guys are loud." Nayeon scolds rubbing her eyes

"Nay!" Sana emmidiately stood up and went to her side

"Hey" Nayeon smiles knowing her friends are there.

"Mina? Awww my baby is looking after me." Nayeon squealed and open her arms asking for a hug.

Mina gave in looking at her sister's pout and pleading eyes.

"Sorry unnie, Dahyun and I have a class and we are required to go." Chaeyoung says apologetically

"Don't be, go on."

"How about you?" Nayeon asked her sister

"It's okay my second subject would be at noon so." Mina shrugs

"I'll buy us food" Jeongyeon says as he walked to the door

"I'll go with you." Sana volunteers but was stopped by Nayeon who grabbed his wrist.

"I wan't ice cream" Nayeon pouts and Sana had to ruffle her hair to contain himself from giggling, his friend is too cute and adorable.

"Yes Princess." Sana says, Mina was just on the side as always she's just watching the two bestfriend.

"What about the other Princess?" Sana asked

"Huh?" Mina was caught off guard

"Do you have any request?" Sana asked

"Ohh...uhmm Yukhoe would be great." Mina says

"Okay, how about ice cream?" Sana asked again

"Sure...Thanks"