Nothing Change

The Bestfriend

"You can stop by and we can fin- Awww" Mina was cut off when she bumped into students who are all running in the same direction murmuring names that are too familiar to Mina's liking.

 

"Yah!" Jihyo growls to whoever bumped into her and Mina.

 

However, no one paid attention since everyone in the hallway are now curious where those bunch of running students are heading to. Mina and Jihyo found themselves in the crowd trying to see what is going on behind the school.

 

"Ughh... Jih, let's just-"

 

"Minatozaki!"

 

Mina was to tell Jihyo that they should just leave and not meddle with other's business when she heard Sana's name...again! Mina shut her eyes knowing it would be another trouble that the Great Bestfriend had found himself.

 

Mina pushed herself leaving Jihyo in the pool of many students surrounding the scene. This kind of moments Mina thank her size for fitting in too fast.

 

Mina smiles as she was finally part of the front line and could clearly see what is happening but what welcome her is Sana's bleeding eye on the corner, cutted lips and a bleeding nose. 

 

"5 vs. 1 really?" Mina facepalmed she glares at the four guys on the floor while Sana is busy fighting the last one.

 

Just when she is about to stop Sana from fighting back, their P.E teachers and school guards came at the scene and every student went like a flash running from left to right to save themselves from detention...or more. Before she can even try to look for Sana, a pair of strong hand took her wrist and books and found herself running... Yes, running with the other students. She looked up to see the person she's looking for is the one grabbing her wrist and currently trying not to get them caught.

 

"Get in" Jihyo calls as she stopped her car in front of them. Sana and Mina emmidiately got in and sighed in relief the moment Jihyo drove away the school.

 

"What was that...again?" Mina asked sternly arms crossed but her face says otherwise so Sana laughs instead of giving her a proper answer.

 

"Yah!" Mina glares

 

"It was nothing! He's jealous that I'm good-looking and he's not." Sana says smugly. Mina slapped his arm but emmidiately regret it when Sana winced in pain.

 

"I-I'm sorry!"

 

"Myoui" Sana grumbles in pain

 

"I said I'm sorry!"

 

***

 

"Oww! it hurts!"

 

"I haven't done anything yet." Mina deadpans

 

"Can't we just skip the alcohol thing?" Sana tries but was stopped by Mina's glare.

 

"Just closed your eyes will you?" Mina says again and took his arm.

 

"Can you hold my hand please?" Sana asked more like plead as he looked into Jihyo's eyes with his puppy ones.

 

Mina's ear perks up and swat his hand away from Jihyo earning another whimper from Sana.

 

"Are you for real?!" Sana whines

 

"I told you not my friend Sana!" Mina greets her teeth.

 

"But I-"

 

"You can hold the hem of my shirt." Mina glares before averting her eyes elsewhere.

 

"Tsss as if that would help" Sana argues but hold onto her shirt anyway and Mina felt the need to pour the alcohol so Sana would stop whining like a kid.

 

"Humph!" Sana cursed beneath his breath, eyes shut to contain his pain as he grab onto Mina's shirt a bit too tight.

 

RRIIIPP!

 

Jihyo shut her eyes she can smell another heated argument coming in.

 

"You ert!" Mina shouts in anger as she fixed her ripped shirt showing her bare shoulders. She literally turned into a potato Sana is no better though.

 

"I'm sorry! I told you I need a hand not a shirt! And you poured it without a warning!" Sana argues with an equal red cheeks.

 

"What is it this time?" Nayeon asked haphazardly once she stepped inside the house.

 

Just before Sana could hide himself Nayeon saw his face.

 

"What happened to you?" She asked with a firing gaze but her voice laced with concern.

 

"Great, clean him up his your bestfriend anyway." Mina says as she rolled her eyes and about to leave.

 

"You know I was never good at it Mina. Please... I'll assist you." Nayeon says with a pout

 

"Ughhh... Fine"

 

"Wait what happened to your clothes? Don't tell me you got into fight too." Nayeon questions and the two turn bit red once again so Jihyo does the explanation for Nayeon.

 

Nayeon laughs hearing what happened so she emmidiately took Sana's hand into her own. Sana looked away all shy. Jihyo is grinning with Nayeon while Mina... Well she just hope that Sana would stop hissing so she can easily do her job.

 

After minutes of scolding and arguments between the two Nayeon and Jihyo heaved a sigh when Mina moved her hand away and gave one last glare to Sana.

 

"Done" Mina says

 

"Thank You" Sana says still despite the arguments they had during the process.

 

"Your elbow is done which means your annoying face is next." Mina says grumpily

 

"No, I can take care of it." Sana shrugged as he try to take the towel from Mina's hold.

 

Pang!!!

 

"Yah!" Sana whines while massaging his head. Nayeon just hit him again.

 

"The more you move the longer it'll take for your arm to recover." Mina reprimands as she move away the towel from Sana.

 

"Aigoo..Nay she's worrie- Aww!" Sana was cut off again before he can even finish his teasing

 

"Behave she's helpng you." Nayeon scolds

 

Just before Sana can argue Nayeon's phone rung and so she excused herself from the three.

 

"It's getting late I'll go ahead Mina. Hope you feel better soon Oppa." Jihyo bid good bye because when Nayeon left the three the atmosphere became too awkward. Sana's aura changed, Jihyo tried to look at Mina's eyes for an explanation but Mina seem to avoid her gaze and just continue to clean Sana's cuts.

 

"Take care Jihyo and please... Call me Sana." Sana says genuinely.

 

"I'll send her out." Mina says but was stopped by Jihyo.

 

"No it's okay I can help myself. See you tomorrow Mina." With that Jihyo left confused.

 

Mina felt the drastic change in Sana's mood. So she used the best way well technically her only way to get the other out of his misery.

 

"I can't believe girls are dying for this face when in fact it doesn't even look that good." Mina snorts as she pretends to scan his face.

 

What she didn't expect is Sana's answer. Sana always claims to be hot and gorgeous but...

 

"Thought so too." Sana chuckles and Mina want to facepalmed herself for using the wrong words.

 

"I guess they have a terrible standard unlike you and Nayeon." Sana added with a genuine smile, Mina hates it.

 

One thing Mina knew about Sana is that when he have that genuine smile on his face Sana is telling the truth. No filter in his words unlike when he needs to act in front of her sister or even Mina herself.

 

"You should know I was joking." Mina doesn't knew why but she's mad. Very very mad that even she herself doesn't know where her tone came from.

 

Sana was shocked to say the least he never seen Mina this mad plus her deep tone which is completely in contrast with her usual soft and sweet voice.

 

They have a staring contest and Sana felt so little under Mina's gaze that he had to ruin the moment just so they could both get out from the awkward atmosphere they put themselves in.

 

"Wahhh... You're scary Minari." Sana says trying to lighten up the mood between them as he pretends to look elsewhere for comfort. Mina shoved the towel to his face and Sana whimpers in pain.

 

"Mina!" Nayeon scolds from behind she's still talking on the phone but she take quick glances to check the two.

 

Mina just rolled her eyes and proceed to clean the cut on Sana's lips after she clean the cut on his eye.

 

Mina felt her hand gets sweaty and the temperature getting high or maybe because Sana is staring at her waiting for the damp cloth to land on his face specifically to his lips.

 

"Stop staring!" Mina glares pretending to be annoyed.

 

"Wae?...Omo is that a blush?" Sana taunts playfully, they kept arguing since Sana kept on moving his head so Mina shoved the cotton ball on his lips to get even yet turns out to be a bad move because Sana grabbed her wrist when it reached the cut and Mina was caught off guard and lose her balance causing her to fall on the couch with a whimpering squirrel under her.

 

Sana didn't mean it he was just shocked by the sudden sting on his lip so his eyes went wide when he felt Mina's body pressed to his and their faces inch a part. They could litterally feel each other's breath eyes fixed to each other with Sana still grabbing Mina's both wrists beside their heads causing it more for Mina to be pressed on his body. Mina couldn't resist as she looked into Sana's bleeding lip if earlier she was annoyed now she's guilty because she taught Sana's wound got worst but embarrassment hit her when Sana also looked on her lips.

 

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!!" Nayeon scolds with wide eyes she quickly turn off the phone and went straight to Sana and Mina's direction. 

 

Mina felt tense when she caught Sana staring at her lips but before she can even react Nayeon's voice rung all over the house making them both jumped out of the couch.

 

"I'm sorry Mina." Sana was quick to apologized he can't even look Mina in the eyes.

 

Mina tried to composed herself before facing   her fuming sister.

 

"I lost balance." Mina says calmy at Nayeon who narrowed her eyes on Sana.

 

"It was an accident Nay." Sana says almost a whisper. He is completely embarrased especially to Mina.

 

"I'll clean up his wound you can rest Mina, thank you." Nayeon says leaving no room for arguments.

 

Mina wants to protest because Nayeon was never good at disinfecting wounds but Nayeon's tone says it all. She have to go and let the best friend do it.

 

"Here... Becareful his wounds ar-"

 

"I know... I'll be careful" Nayeon cut off with a smile trying to supress her irritation.

 

Mina took one last glance before heading to her room upstairs. Sana's head is still hung low and Nayeon had to hold his chin to make him look up so she could clean the cut. Mina turn around and finally get into the comfort of her room. 

 

'Ughhh this guy' Mina thought as she shook her head