Feelings and Suspicion

The Bestfriend

Mina doesn't knew why but the silly bestfriend seems to be avoiding her. It started the morning after Nayeon and Sana talked after dinner. Sana didn't attend their morning class which is kinda quizical since they all went to school at the same time then Sana seem to always be in a hurry. He also talk less that if Mina wouldn't iniciate a conversation Sana wouldn't talk to her at all.

Mina let it slide for a whole day thinking that maybe Sana had a fight with her unnie. The next day, Tzuyu was transfered to her class because of the conflicting schedules he had during basketball practice.

Mina is quietly reading her book and was contemplating if she should tease Sana so the latter would talk or just let him be. Sana's silent treatment is freaking her out for she doesn't knew why.

"Hi, is this seat taken?" Mina was pulled out of her thoughts and saw Tzuyu pointing at Sana's seat.

"Oh, yeah San-"

"Take it Chou" Sana grins not letting Mina finish her sentence and proceed to walk towards Jihyo's table.

Mina frown... 'I told you not my friend Sana.' Mina thought glaring at Sana.

"Thanks Sana." Tzuyu grins he happily sat beside Mina who return the gesture out of politeness.

"Hi Jih, may I?" Sana asked cutely earning a gummy smile to Jihyo. Jihyo doesn't want to tell Mina of her fondness of the latter afraid that Mina might kill Sana.

"No" Mina half teased giving Sana a glare which he simply shrugged with another cocky grin and proceed to take the seat.

"Jihyo-me Ji-ji-jihyo-me" Sana does his aegyo  startling Mina and Jihyo at the same time. Tzuyu looked down to supress his laugh. He admits Sana is really cute and funny.

"Ahhh cuteee" Jihyo gushed over the confident squirrel and pinched his cheeks.

Mina is frozen in her seat not aware of the growing pink on her cheeks. Jihyo is so fond of Sana, it was so obvious.

"So, Mina... I was wondering, can I join you guys for lunch later? I'm still new in this class and you're the only one I know." Tzuyu says hopeful.

"Ah-yeah sure." Mina blushed even more afraid of being caught in the day light.

"Cool" Tzuyu beamed

***

"Are you going to Nayeon unnie?" Mina asked once their class ended

"No" Sana answers shortly not even bothering to look at the latter as he continue to pack his things.

"You can join us if you want." Mina offers hoping Sana would back if he won't accept the offer. Yes, she would rather be tease than to be ignore.

'This is bad, I'm so used to him being a jerk. What is wrong with you?' Mina bit her lip in disappointment.

Finally, Sana look at her and smile. Mina doesn't remember when her heart started to jump on her ribcage everytime Sana would spent a look on her.

Mina is anticipating, Sana seems to say something but...

"Sana?" Jissoo calls from the door and Mina is beyond disappointed when Sana gave them an apologetic look before rushing out the door and leaving without even telling anything. Not like Sana owe her anything in the first place. Not even Nayeon asked him about his whereabouts so Mina shrugged the thought and proceed to fix her things.

"Sana being Sana...." Tzuyu says shaking his head from left to right with a naughty smile.

"Is that his girlfriend?" Jihyo asked looking at Tzuyu

"One of them." Mina answers without looking.

"Oh" Jihyo pouts

"Why? You like him?" Mina narrows her eyes on her friend and Jihyo only shruggs.

"Sana? But, Sana never had a girlfriend." Tzuyu says with a frown which shocked both especially the sulking penguin.

"Never?" Mina scoffed 

"While your busy reading in the library, that idiot is playing hide and seek with her girls around the campus." Mina continues while shaking her head.

"Believe it or not Sana never dated those girls. Everything you heard about him are just rumors from the girls he turned down and those who assumed to be his girlfriend when in fact Sana is just being himself. You know...caring, sweet, clingy you know what I mean right?" Tzuyu explains, as much as his jealous of Sana and Mina's banter he can't just let people think bad about his friend. Sana was never bad to him in fact he's the reason why Tzuyu found another home in Korea it was a home with Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Sana and the minions.

Mina suddenly felt relief and happy on the news. Her lips curved into a smile as she slip her hand to Jihyo and grabbed both Tzuyu and her friend to the garden to eat their lunch.

***

"You sure you guys are okay?" Sana asked in concern.

"Of course Sana, I told him I just want him to be jealous so I asked for your help." Jissoo smiles

"Okay then I hope you guys the best." Sana says and shook hands with Jisoo.

When Jissoo left he emmidiately run back to their room to accept Mina's offer but what he saw next made him stop from his track. Mina have her arms wrapped around Jihyo and Tzuyu's arms as she lead them to the garden where Mina and Jihyo ussually eats.

She have her gummy smiles while exchanging small talks with the equally smiley Tzuyu and Jihyo.

"All the best Tzu." Sana mumbles before turning back and walking away from the three.

*** Myoui's Lair

Mina is currently watching Twilight when Nayeon's voice errupted from the doorway.

"Your alone...Where's the annoying Shiba?"

"I don't know he's not replying to my messages and he's not answering my calls." Nayeon whines as she kept on dialing Sana's number while taking off her coat.

"What do you mean you don't know where he is? He's your friend." Mina frowns as she sat up from the couch Nayeon felt offended, she's so tired and only wants to go to bed yet Sana is nowhere to be seen and didn't even bother to give her a notice.

"Have you asked Jissoo? He's with her earlier." Mina asked she's currently walking in circle as she bite her finger.

"I did but she says she only talk to Sana for a minute and they went separate ways after." Nayeon says calmly yet she's kinda freaking out inside. Mina is stabbing her with a look of disappointment.

"I should go." Mina says yet Nayeon grabbed her wrist.

"It's late Mina I can't let you go out and look for him." Nayeon scolds she's really tired and sensitive at the moment.

"Then come with me he's your friend aren't you worried about him?" Mina fired back

"Are you questioning my relationship with Sana?" Nayeon scoffs she's completely offended Mina looked away trying to calm herself or else they'll lash out on each other. She doesn't know why but Nayeon's eyes are piercing her.

"No way..." Nayeon says in disbelief as she let go of her wrist.

"What?" Mina asked with a frown somehow she knew what Nayeon meant but she's not up for it today...

"Do you perhaps...like Sana?" Nayeon asked while narrowing her eyes on Mina.

"Did you hit your head Unnie? Of all people Sana? No... No way I'll fell in love with your childish, flirt, insensitive, troublemak-

Mina was cut off by a loud thud in the doorway. Both sisters looked up and saw the culprit closing the door. Nayeon glared to her sister before rushing to Sana who can't even stand still on his own.

"Where have you been? Why did you ignore my calls and messages?" Nayeon asked to changed the topic so the two won't clash just like what happened to her and Mina earlier.

"Guess Nay" Sana is giddy and Nayeon felt relieved that he's drunk. 'He didn't hear her.' Nayeon thought.

"You just felt like it." Nayeon says as she held his waist and put his arm around her shoulder to support the latter. It's the only reason Sana says when he's drunk so Nayeon gave it instead of arguing with him.

"Binggo!" Sana giggles and launched himself to Nayeon.

Sana is drunk and Mina can see that her sister is struggling so she tried to approach and help the two but Sana seems to avoid her still.

"What?" Sana asked teasingly

"Mina go to bed I'll take care of him." Nayeon says

"I'll help you he's dru-"

"Nooo... I only want my bestfriend to help me." Sana pouts at Nayeon.

"It's okay I got him." Nayeon assures before leading Sana to his room.

***

Nayeon is shocked to see Mina in front of Sana's room. She put Sana to sleep after asking their butler to change his clothes.

"What are you doing here? I told you to go to bed." Nayeon asked with a frown

"Is he okay?" Mina asked while fidgeting with her fingers.

"He is, now go to bed" Nayeon says she can tell something is bugging her sister but she pushed it aside.

"I'm sorry about earlier."

"Me too I shouldn't have asked you such stupid thing." Nayeon says rubbing her sister's cheeks for comfort.

Mina gulped at that. She doesn't know why she felt guilty but then just like Nayeon she pushed it off her mind not wanting to go deeper into it.

"Go to bed, Mina. Good night."

"Good night, Unnie."