CHAPTER 22: HEART STEALER

THE TRUTH

 

            Saeran was about to enter her class when the hallway was packed with students.

 

“What happen?” she asked Rico beside her. She shrugged. Later Saeran saw a good looking guy walked through the crowd. Students made way for him.

 

“Teacher, we love you” the girls shouted. Saeran and Rico looked at each other. “Teacher?!” Rico jumped a bit and saw the guy face.

 

“It’s Teacher Nick. He’s had been teaching in this school for past5 years and moved to another school just before you transfer here”

 

“Teacher, teach us again” the girls plead. “No. I can’t. I want to if I can. I come here just for a visit” The girls whined.

 

“Let it be. I’m going to class” Rico walked between the crowds. “Wait! I’m going to class too” Saeran held onto Rico hand and followed her.

 

            School ended. Saeran opened her locker and saw an invitation card. In fact all of the students in school did. She read it.

 

            Teacher Nick had signed his name on the card. The girls shouted excitedly like they saw 2PM or Big Bang. Saeran sighed.

 

*Party again?* she remembered about Joker. *I hope he’s there*

 

“Party again?” Rico appeared beside Saeran. “Yeah. I hate it too” Saeran closed her locker door. They walked through the hallway.

 

“Where’s this El Dorado Hall is actually?” “It’s a big hall. It’s a castle-like hall beside the coast” Rico explained. “Teacher Nick must have rent that place but it’s expensive for just rent it”

 

            That Sunday night, the El Dorado Hall was bright with big chandelier light. Students from rich family came in limos. Saeran stood beside the refreshment table alone. She can see Rico from a distance, talking with her former seniors or a while. She looks gorgeous in her blue dress with ribbon and flower decorated her waist. Saeran was wearing a one shoulder, white with black floral design, knee level dress. *I wish Joker was here* She went to Rico.

“I’m going out for a while” “Okay. Do you want me to come with you?” “No. It’s okay since you want to chat with them” she bowed to them and went out from the building.

*I don’t seemy Boyfriend oppas around too* she pouted. She took off her white floral sandals and held onto it. Saeran walked bare feet on the sand. She B.A.P ‘What My Heart Tell Me to Do’ song on her phone. She sat on the sand, facing the sea. Cold night breeze blown. Saeran felt relaxed and turned the song off. Somebody came and sat beside her.

 

“The Moon is so beautiful” Hoon voiced. “Yeah” she answered looking at the full moon. She glanced at Hoon for a while. He looks handsome in his black tuxedo. Saeran blushed but he didn’t see it.

 

*What’s with me?* she bit her bottom lips.

 

“I wish time could stop. I want to look at the night sky with beautiful moon forever” he added. It was silent for a while. “I’m going in. See you later” Saeran stood to go but Hoon held onto her hand.

 

“Actually I have something to tell you” Saeran looked at him and then sat back. “What is it?” “It’s nothing. I just want you to accompany me” “Okay. You should say so” There was an awkward silent between them for a while.

 

“You should give me back what you’ve take from me, you know” he looked at the sea. “What? I don’t take anything from you” “Stop gives excuse. Just give it back” there was no angry tone in his voice.

 

“The problem is I don’t take anything from you” Saeran stood and turned to go. Hoon held onto her hand.

 

“You did. You stole my heart, Saeran” Saeran faced him, unbelief with what he said. He stood. “You’re a bad girl. You shouldn’t steal something especially men heart. But you stole my heart since the first time we argue” he grip both Saeran hand and drove her closer.

 

“Saeran, I love you” Hoon leaned in. Saeran closed her eyes as their lips met. She felt her legs started to give up but Hoon quickly caught her waist.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            They walked holding hand by the sea side. Both smiled in happiness. Hoon took something out from his pocket and showed it to Saeran.

 

“That Joker’s” It was the exact half mask that Joker wore to the masquerade ball. “You know this mask right?” Hoon asked. Saeran nodded and paused.

 

“You’re Joker?” Hoon smiled looking at Saeran surprised face and poked her cheek. “You look cute”

 

            The sound of the clock tower near the hall echoes.

 

“It’s already 12. Let’s go in back” Saeran walked. Hoon walked beside her, holding her hand.

 

            They were about to enter the hall when Dongho greet.

 

“Hi’ he paused then looked at their hands, holding one another. Hoon and Saeran followed his gaze down to their hands. They quickly let go off their hands.

 

“This thing should be secret” he warned Dongho. “Hey easy. But this thing can’t be hide for a long time. People will find out soon” “Don’t worry. I’ll tell everybody about this tomorrow”

 

“What?! You can’t tell anybody about us” Saeran protested. “Of course I can. I can’t let anybody else love you right?”  He slugged his arm to her neck.

 

            It was Monday. Saeran was at the hallway.

 

“Oppa, I want to tell you something” “What is it?” Minwoo was beside her. Saeran silent. “It’s okay. I’ll tell you later”

 

“What? You kissed somebody” Youngmin appeared beside her. “What are you talking about?” Minwoo interrupted. “Somebody saw a couple kissing beside the coast yesterday” “What ever it is, it has nothing to do with my sister”

 

“Well actually…” Saeran stopped. Kwangmin, Hyunseong, Donghyun and Jeongmin nearly hit her from behind. Minwoo and Youngmin looked at her.

 

“It’s me” “You what?!” Jeongmin nearly shouted. “Really? You got a boyfriend?” Minwoo asked. Saeran lowered her head, nod a bit. “Hey, I’m not mad at you. I just surprised. You never tell us you love someone” he tried to comfort her by holding both of her shoulders. Saeran looked at him.

 

“So who is it? I would like to see him” “What are you trying to do to him?” “Nothing. I just want to know who it is” “It’s…”

 

            UKISS walked opposite them. Hoon waved at them.

 

“It’s him” “Him?” “He’s one of UKISS you know?” Hyunseong stated. “I know” Hoon called her over.

 

“I’ll go. Bye” she went to Hoon. He held onto her hand. “People will find out” “Don’t worry. I told everybody about us just now” he answered poker faced. “What?!” Hoon just smiled. The other UKISS member laughed at the cute couple. Saeran had just pouted. She saw Rico approached them.

 

“So it’s true” she told Saeran. Saeran tilted her head in puzzlement. “The two of you are going out. Zico said he saw someone like you kissing at the coast yesterday” “So it’s him” Rico nodded.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Bye Rico” “Bye” Saeran and Rico waved at each other at the school gate before leaving for home. Rico went to right. Saeran walked to the opposite direction.

 

*I hate the glares of Hoon’s die hard fans. I hope they don’t hunt for me after this*

 

“What are you thinking about?” Hoon asked. “Since when did you walk beside me?” “I thought you had missed me so I followed you” Saeran laughed at the silly joke.

 

“I want to send you home today. I scare that you had been harm” ‘I thought you didn’t scare of anything” “I only scare of losing you” he held Saeran hand. She smiled.

 

“Wait! I have something for you” they stopped. He took out two rings from his pocket. He wore it to Saeran finger and he wore one of it to himself.

 

“I got it for us. It’s a couple ring. Look” It’s a pair of silver couple rings. “It’s beautiful. Thank you” Saeran kissed his cheek. They held hands and went to Saeran house together.

           

            They arrived.

 

“Thank you” Saeran let go off his hand and faced him. “You’re welcome. See you tomorrow”

 

“You’re back?” Mrs. Kim walked from the backyard. Saeran nodded.

 

“Good evening, Mrs. Kim” Hoon greeted and bowed. Mrs. Kim smiled again. “Thanks again. Sorry for troubling you. And sorry about the other day” “It’s okay. Saeran told me about that. Not everyone knows my past story. I should go home now. See you later” “Bye. Be careful” “I will” he left.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Saeran was helping her mother preparing dinner in the kitchen.

 

“Where should I put these vegetables?” “Beside the sink. I will wash it later” “You want to wash it? I’ll do it” “Thank you, Saeran”

 

“I want to ask you something” “Sure. What is it?” “Are you dating Hoon?” Saeran dropped the bowl into the sink.

 

“How do you know?” “You wear the identical couple ring with Hoon. I thought you said you hate him” “I did hate him. But that was before I know him well. I love him now”

 

“It’s okay if it’s him”

 

            After Mrs. Kim and Saeran done set up the table,

 

“Saeran, call Kiseop to eat” “Okay” Saeran went upstairs and knocked Kiseop’s door that is room beside her’s.

 

“Kiseop, it’s dinner time” she called. “Okay” he opened the door. “Let’s go down” Saeran followed him down.

 

“So you are with Hoon now?” he asked. Saeran nodded. “Please cheer him up. He is a bit quiet after Hyeri died” They sat at their places. Mr. and Mrs. Kim sat at their places and started to eat.

 

“Saeran, do you have something to tell me?” Mr. Kim asked. “No. Why?” “Your mom said you did” “No” Saeran shook her head a bit to her mother.

 

            Saeran sat in the living room with her father watching TV.

 

“Dad, I want to tell you something” “What is it?” “I have a boyfriend” Mr. Kim looked straight at Saeran.

 

“Is it Hoon?” “How do you know?” “I just knew it. The way he looks and treats you. I don’t know why you didn’t see it. But do you really love him?” “Of course”

 

“But did he love you?” Mrs. Kim joined them. Saeran nodded. “Of course. If not, why did he ask her to be his girlfriend in the first place right?” he replied with smile. Saeran just smiled.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning, Saeran” Hyungsik greeted Saeran. She putted down her book. “Good morning”

 

            Hyungsik turned the chair in front of Saeran facing her and sat. “Where’s your boyfriend?” “He isn’t here yet. I’m early today. I think” “I knew it was him” Saeran was puzzled.

 

“You didn’t accept me because of him” “No. I just don’t love you. Do you still mad at me about it?” “Mad? I never mad at you not accepting me. I’m okay with it” Hyungsik held Saeran hands.

 

“Beside we’re friends. I can accept your decision” “What are you doing holding my girl hands?” Hoon poked his head.

 

“Oh. Sorry” he let go off Saeran hands.

 

“She’s mine now. So don’t touch her” Hoon held Saeran hands. “Okay. Well, see you around, Saeran” Hyungsik greeted and went back to his place.

 

“You’re mean” Saeran pouted. “Why?” “I was talking to him. Why did you suddenly shooed him?” “You can talk to me instead”

 

“Just sit at your place” she continued her reading. “Okay” he obeyed.

 

“Saeran” he called. “Yes” she turned to face Hoon. He gave her a peck on her lips. “There’s a song titled ‘Begin with Kiss’. I think I should begin my day with kiss to” he smiled. She cupped his face.

 

“What’s with your face? Did you fight again?” she ran her thumb on a long scratch under his eye. “Oh. That. You know Teen Top” “You should stop. At least once” “Once?” She nodded.

 

“I’ll give it a try” “Promise?” “Promise” he caressed her hairs.