CHAPTER 19: SYNCHRONISATION 100%

THE TRUTH

 

“Dongho-ah!” Saeran ran to Dongho. Dongho tilted his head. “What?” “I want to ask you something”  she waved her hand directing Dongho to lower his head.

 

“Who is Hyeri?” Saeran whispered. His eyes widened. “Where do you hear her name?” he whispered back. “Last night” Saeran began to tell Dongho about last night. They headed to the flower garden in the school. It was recess time and Rico was absent so Saeran sits with Dongho.

 

            They sat on a bench.

 

“Hyeri was Hoon’s first girlfriend. He loves her so much. Hyeri was his first love. She died last 3 years” Dongho explained. “It’s not just Hoon who misses her, all of us did. Hyeri was an easy person to be with”

 

“Oh” was the only word that came out from Saeran mouth. “That’s why Hoon have many girlfriends. He tried to forget Hyeri”

 

            School was over. Saeran was walking with Zico and Zack through the corridor.

 

“Why didn’t Rico come to school today?” she asked. “She had fever. Don’t worry. She’ll come back to school tomorrow” Zack replied.

 

“It’s good to hear that. Say hello to her for me” “Okay”

 

“We’ll be going now. Bye” Zack and Zico waved. Saeran smiled at them.

 

            Saeran walked at the lane she always uses to go home. A white ragdoll cat walked by her side.

 

*If I’m not mistaken this cat had been following me from school* she stopped. The cat stopped to. She bent down to the cat.

 

“Are you hungry?” And of course the cat replied ‘meow’. She took out a packet of biscuits from her pocket and gave one of the biscuit to the cat. Saeran smiled, looking at the cat eating.

 

            She got up to leave but the cat followed her.

 

“Do you want to follow me? Okay then” she went home with the cat following her.

 

“I’m home” she looked for her mother inside. “Mom?” “At the back” Mrs. Kim called.

 

            She went to the backyard.

 

“Hi, mom. What are you up to?” Saeran asked. “I’m cleaning the lawn since you didn’t help me with it” Mrs. Kim stopped from sweeping and looked at her daughter.

 

“You brought a friend back?” “Friend?” Saeran looked at the cat beside her. She picked him up and held him in her embrace.

 

“Can I keep it?” she caressed its head. “Okay. As long as he doesn’t ruined my garden” “Yay! Thanks mom” Mrs. Kim continued her work.

 

“So, does it have a name already?” Saeran looked at the cute cat. A bulb lighted up above her head. “Neko?” “Neko? That sounds cute but what does that name mean? It sounds some kind weird” “Neko means cat in Japan”

 

“I’m going in first” Saeran dashed to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. She took out a carton of fresh milk and poured it into a bowl.

 

“Neko” she called. Neko followed her and sipped the milk. “Welcome to our house. I’m going to get change first” Saeran entered her room, got changed and walked downstairs with Mrs. Kim’s laptop and broadband in her hand.

           

            Saeran went to the kitchen. Neko was looking at Mrs. Kim washing the dishes.

 

“I’m borrowing your laptop and broadband, okay?” she asked. “Okay” Mrs. Kim replied. “Come, Neko” Saeran sat on the swing at the backyard. Neko sat on Saeran shoulder. Saeran booted up the laptop and log on the internet.

 

“What type of cat are you?” she typed characteristics that Neko have. “Ragdoll  cat?!"

 

“One of the most expensive cat in the world?! Really?” her eyes were on Neko. He just meowed. “Did I catnapped you or what?”

 

“You look small. I guess you only three then. So cute” Saeran cherished Neko.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m going, mom. Can you take care of him when I’m gone?” Saeran asked her mother. “Him? Who?” Saeran nodded to Neko who’d standing beside her mother. “Okay” “Thank you, mom. Bye”

 

            Saeran stepped outside. Minwoo waved at her.

 

“Morning, oppa” “Meow” Neko caressed himself on Saeran leg. “You got a cat? I never know” Minwoo picked up Neko on his back. Neko meowed with aegyo face.

 

“He followed me yesterday and stays here all night. No one owns him… I think so I decided to make him mine. His name is Neko” Saeran explained. “Neko? Sound like female name to me” Minwoo hand Neko to Saeran.

 

“Are you referring to Neko Nizume in Spooky Kitaro?” she asked.

 

“Hehe. Yeah” Saeran caressed Neko head before leave him inside and closed the door.

 

“Let’s go oppa” the two walked to school.

 

            After saying goodbye to her brother, Saeran sat at her place in the classroom. Since the school bell doesn’t ring yet, students still outside of the classroom. Saeran saw some girls had their eyes on Hoon behind her.

 

“Someone wants to see you” Saeran nodded to door.  Hoon lifted his head and gave them a glare of displeasure.

 

“Get lost!” his voice had a fierce tone in it. “I’m not the type to easily fall for girls like you so don’t flirt me ever again!” Realizing Hoon’s anger, the girls quickly went away.

 

            Hoon sighed with his hand on his head and his eyes on the desk.

 

“Are you okay?” Saeran searched for his face. They both met eyes. Saeran blinked her eyes few times.

 

“I’m okay. Don’t worry” Hoon answered, smiling. *He smiled to me?! That’s odd* Saeran thought. “Okay then” she turned to the front.

 

“Saeran” Hoon called. She faced Hoon. “Yes?” “Thank you” “For what?” “You make me smile when I think it’s impossible to” his lips curled into smile.

 

            Not sure what that’s mean, Saeran just nodded without answering. School bell rang. Mrs. Park, their class teacher came in. The class greeted her and sat.

 

“I have something to tell you” Mrs. Park said. “Today, we are going to have a new student. Come in”

 

*New student?! Zack mentioned about him the other day* Saeran looked at the door as it opened.

 

            A guy walked in with his hand holding his beg strap on a shoulder.

 

“Introduce yourself” Mrs. Park instructed. “I’m, Henry. I’m from human world. Nice to meet you” he lowered his head. The whole class clapped except Saeran.

 

“You can sit there” Mrs. Park pointed to an empty seat at the back of the class. “Okay” Henry walked to the back row. Girls started to whisper about how handsome he is.

 

“Let’s continue our lesson from yesterday. Turn to page 147” Mrs. Park continued the lesson. During the lesson, Saeran glanced at Henry who id paying all his attention in the class.

 

“Why are you looking at him?” Hoon whispered. Saeran shook her head and looked to the front.

 

            Recess came. Saeran rushed to Rico. Rico was talking with Zack and Zico.

 

“Zack, you’re right. The new student is in my class” Saeran told. “What’s his name?” Rico asked. “Henry. He’a from the Human World. Just like me”

 

“He’s very special just like you” Zico interrupted. “What do you mean by that?” “Actually, only some sort of people from Human World can see this island and the Animal World” “Of course I can see. I born here remember?”

 

“Yeah. Right” he paused. “He’s special and you’re not special, then”

 

“Zico, stop talking nonsense. I want to go to the cafeteria. Let’s go, Saeran” Rico voiced. “Okay. Bye guys” “Bye” The girls went to the cafeteria.

 

            They sat at their usual place after bought the foods.

 

“You know. The new student-“Saeran paused as she saw Henry with some of her boy classroom entered the cafeteria. They busy chatting. Rico followed Saeran gaze. She waved her hand in front of Saeran face.

 

“What’s with him?” Rico nodded to Henry. “I had a bad feeling about him” Saeran half whispered.

 

“Bad feeling?” Saeran nodded. “I don’t know why I felt like that”

 

            Later that day, after spending sometimes playing with Neko at home, Saeran went to the playground. No one was there. She sat at the swing.

 

*So boring* she played the swing. A familiar guy figure entered the playground compound. She stopped.

 

“Hoon” Saeran called. He looked at Saeran in surprise.

 

            The two of them sat side by side on the swings. Hoon let out a deep sighed.

 

“What’s the matter?” Saeran asked. “This place reminds me of” he stopped and sighed again. “My girlfriend. Lee Hyeri” Saeran remain silent, letting Hoon to tell her about his girlfriend or not.

 

“She died 3 years ago” Hoon began to tell his story. “This is her favorite place. We came here often. I thought I just dreaming about it but she really left me. I don’t get out from my room after her funeral for a day. That night I slept and dream about it”

 

-Hoon’s dream-

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxxbMiWmalg

 

            Hoon woke up. Sunshine shone right to his eyes. He’s in the middle of the meadow. Long grasses and dandelions grew there. He stood.

 

*Where am I?* his head felt sore. He looked around, searching for someone. At last, he saw someone from a distance. He ran to them but then stopped. He saw a guy with a girl in his embrace flopped down on the road. They were bleeding with cuts and bruises all over their body.

 

            They guy was crying over the girl that looks like she’s dead.

 

*That guy was... ME!* Hoon was seeing himself with a familiar girl. She’s HYERI. The other Hoon shouted for help.

 

“Somebody help us! Please!” he shouted on top of his voice. Hoon held onto his head. Memories hit him. He shut his eyes in pain.

 

-End of Hoon’s dream-

 

“It’s Teen Top. They killed Hyeri. But it’s my fault too. We are dating at the town when Teen Top appeared. I failed to protect her” Hoon continued his story and sighed heavily.

 

“Are you crying?” Saeran asked. Hoon shook his head but wiped his tears with his arm. Saeran laughed.

 

“Why are you laughing?” “Hoon of UKISS is crying. I can’t believe it” “Stop laughing at me” “Okay. Okay” She coughed.

 

“So what makes you come here?” he asked. Saeran began to swing. “I like beong here. It’s a peace place to be” she smiled.

 

*Hyeri said that too* Hoon thought.

 

“You know what? You look alike Hyeri” he drew random shape with his feet. “You laughed like her and your smiles too”