Ch.7 - The Guilt

A Lone Star 2

Byul crosses her arms as she watches Jeonghan is preparing for their dinner as they have a meeting with the producer after this. Her narrowed eyes seem like a laser that can see through another behind the wall. Jeonghan is moving around passing the food to the other person in the room meanwhile he takes the last two package food on the table and bring it to Byul. She stares at him while he didn't make any eye contact with her. He places the food in front of her and arranges the utensils beside the food. Then he sits down in front of her and starts to dig in his dinner. Byul heaves a heavy sigh and left the table. Jeonghan stops eating his food and just watches her left the room. Luckily the other person in the room is unbothered with her attitude as they are busy in conversation. 

Jeonghan closes his food and left the table as well. He gets out of the room and instantly looks on the left and right to find her but she is nowhere to be seen. He gets out of the hallway and walks a bit to a lounge near the room and there she is, standing with her hands on her head, flipping the hair. Jeonghan walks closer and stands there without saying a word. Byul can see from the reflection that Jeonghan is standing behind her. But she didn't want to start any conversation as this will be a trap for her as well. Trap for her confused mind and heart. Fortunately, her phone is ringing and Byul manages to get away the awkward silence by answering the phone. 

"Hey, babe." Byul sounds cheerful. Jeonghan takes a step backward and lets her alone in the lounge. Byul can see he's getting away and turns around to only see his back left her. 

"Huh? Oh, sorry. No. I'm having lunch with Woozi Oppa and the gang here." Byul controls her emotion as Jeonghan is fully left the place. "Yeah, you're coming? Okay." then she hangs up the phone and returns to the room. As she enters the room, she can see Jeonghan is enjoying his dinner. She sits down and ignoring him. 

"Oppa," Byul calling for Woozi and the producer turns around. "Chanyeol Oppa will be here in a while. He asks me to let you know." Woozi shows the thumbs up. Then Byul steals a glance to look at Jeonghan but he seems to ignore her fully.

"How's your date with Sowon?" Byul asked him after she feels frustrated for not talking with him almost the whole day. Jeonghan lifted his face and glare at Byul. "What? She didn't like it?" Byul ignores his annoyed face and keeps asking about the day. Jeonghan rolled his eyes and put down the fork. He heavily sighed before lean back on the chair. Byul feels nervous about his action.

"Sowon likes it. She really enjoys it. But the date lasts for 15 minutes only. Not an hour as you planned. I didn't even get to make out with her or having-" Jeonghan pause and look for her reaction but Byul just staring at him. "- with her." Byul blinks as she looked away. Jeonghan smirks. 

"I bet Mr.Lee asked the production to decrease the rest time from one hour to only 15 minutes. It wasn't even resting." Jeonghan then continues to eat his food. 

"I-I'm sorry," she said but then it sounds weird in her hearing. Jeonghan looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?" Jeonghan asked. Byul sighs and takes a glance over the producer table. They are busy discussing composing music and Byul aware that they are not going to overheard her conversation with Jeonghan. 

"I shouldn't do something that you don't like. I thought planning the date for you and Sowon will make you happy." 

"I am happy," Jeonghan stated before Byul can continue her sentence. Byul bites her lips. "But why rooftop?" he asked and immediately took her reaction. Jeonghan stares at her with disappointed eyes. Byul gulped. 

"We-Well, that's the only place I could think of. And it's private anyway." Jeonghan scoffs and looked away. "With easy access for both of you. Remember you told me, that you're in the heat with her at the rooftop." Byul tries to remind him of the first day they met each other after months of not seeing. 

"That's different." he shakes his head. Byul take a deep breath and exhaled it. 

"What's different?" she wants to face him but Jeonghan rolled his eyes and left the room. Byul is shaken but follows him. As expected, the end of the hallway is their place to always argue or discuss their issue. 

"Jeonghan!" he stops and turns around. "What's different?" Byul looks at him.

"Rooftop." Byul didn't understand him. "I kiss her on the rooftop. I kiss you on the rooftop," he whispers in the last sentence. Byul eyes widen open. Jeonghan walks away from her and Byul grabs his wrist. 

"You didn't take it as a special thing right?" Byul asked him, instantly. Jeonghan pause and looks at her. "Jeonghan-ah," Byul calls him and Jeonghan looked away. He palms his face and Byul immediately can feel his feelings. 

"Sowon is a nice girl but..." Jeonghan pause. Byul sighs.

"I need to fire you if you still have feelings for me, Jeonghan-ah." Byul firmly said it. Jeonghan turns around and looks at her straight in the eyes. "That's the deal with Mr.Lee. He knows about us, kissing on the rooftop. He wants to fire you but I defend you. Don't say I did a mistake here." Jeonghan chuckled. 

"Tell Mr.Lee that I thought of kissing Sowon that time. Not you." Byul blinks in hurt. His chuckled seems like a mock to her. Byul gritted her teeth. 

"So continue what you're saying?" Byul wants to hide her feelings. 

"I don't think I love her anymore. Not because of you but...it's more like I don't have feelings for her anymore. It's empty." Jeonghan said in a half-truth. Because he knows that he is still attracted to Byul. 

"But you look happy with her." 

"As a company yeah. As a person that always listens to me, yeah. But as my girlfriend?" Jeonghan shakes his head. "It's hard. I don't want to hurt her, Byul-ah." 

"But you said, you love her." Byul is confused. 

"I thought I did." Jeonghan leans on the wall. "I love her as a friend. A friend that I'm comfortable with. A friend that I want to be protective over for. After our talk that night, I realize I love her, but I'm not seeing her as my girlfriend. Not anymore." Jeonghan groans when he is confused with himself. Byul walks closer to him and pats his shoulder. 

"Talk to her then. She'll understand if you talk with her." Byul gives a solution that Jeonghan didn't find useful. He shakes his head. 

"Not that easy. If it's easy, I have already done it a long time ago. I don't need you after all." Jeonghan rolled his eyes and moves back to the room. Byul sighs and realized it is not easy. She follows her back to the room. Back to the room, Chanyeol greets them and Byul immediately runs to him. She hugs him and he replied with a tight hug. 

"Just arrived?" Byul asked. 

"Yeah. Where did you go?" Chanyeol asked her. Byul smiles. 

"Talk with Jeonghan about Sowon. He stressed. Mr.Lee cuts their date to 15 minutes only." she pouts and Chanyeol feels a bit of jealousy with the attention that given by Byul to Jeonghan. He approached Jeonghan and sits next to him. Byul sits at her seats and starts to open the package to eat the cold food. 

"You're okay, bud?" Chanyeol pats his shoulder. Jeonghan sighs and shakes his head.

"Mr.Lee jealous of me and Sowon," he said. He heard what Byul replies to Chanyeol a second ago. Chanyeol chuckled. 

"Well, Sowon is a busy idol anyway," he said. Jeonghan scoffs. 

"I wish I can see her day and night." Byul looks at Jeonghan as she knows he didn't mean that hundred percent. Chanyeol then turns to Byul and tucked her loose hair behind the ear. 

"Well, I know there is another way. You guys are in a 2 years relationship. You will find the way, right?" Chanyeol said. Jeonghan eyeing Byul and sighs at the thought. Chanyeol then rubbing her hands and Byul eyes went to him. 

"Babe, tomorrow I'll be leaving at dawn. We have camp practice. But I'll be back at night." Byul nods her head in understanding. Chanyeol told her already about the dance group plans for the camp training. "So, Jeonghan can you please give her a ride tomorrow?" Chanyeol is asking Jeonghan and Byul is amazed by him. The trust that Chanyeol gives to her and Jeonghan. 

"Sure. My job anyway." Jeonghan agreed. 

"Thanks, dude. I'm just stopping by babe. But I'll wait for you so we can go back home together." Chanyeol said and kiss her temple. 

"You got a meeting with Yoona-ssi, right?" Chanyeol nods. "Okay. I'll text you after I'm done." 

"Love you," Chanyeol said. 

"Love you more," Byul replied and Chanyeol slips away from her and out of the room. Jeonghan scoffs. Byul instantly looks at him. "Excuse me?" Byul raises her eyebrows. 

"You know that Yoona is his ex-girlfriend, right?" Byul stunned. Jeonghan was amazed to see her reaction. "You didn't know?" Byul shakes her head slowly. 

"Chanyeol never talks about his ex-girlfriend," Byul said. 

"Of course he never talks with you about his ex-girlfriend. Because he still in contact with Yoona-ssi." Jeonghan scoffs. Byul furrowed her eyebrows. That's true. Chanyeol never opens up about her past. And... Byul never asks him.

"Woozi Oppa!" Byul turns around to the producer table. Woozi looks at her. "How long did Chanyeol and Yoona date?" the producer's face is frozen. Jeonghan smirks. "Answer me, Oppa." 

"Why don't you ask Chanyeol?" Woozi asked her back. 

"Oppa," she calls him firmly. 

"Okay. About 4 years?" Byul's eyes are wide open. "But they broke up like... 2 years? One year and a half ago?" Woozi added to soothes her heart. Byul bites her inner lips and pouts. 

"It's nothing. They are friends." Jeonghan said. 

"But he never told me about his past relationship." Byul starts to think worst. "And tomorrow they will go to the camp training." she sighs. Jeonghan shakes his head. After few hours of discussion and rehearsal of recording, they finally ended the meeting. Jeonghan and Byul step out of the room and walk lazily to the elevator. Byul checks her phone while waiting for the elevator. Jeonghan didn't pay full attention to her, but when he realized that she wasn't talkative, he checked. 

"You alright, Byul-ah?" Byul glares at him. 

"Why did you told me about them?" Byul asked him. Jeonghan chuckled. 

"I thought you knew. I was amazed to see that you still can let your hot boyfriend meet up with his hot ex-girlfriend at night." Jeonghan said. Byul ruffles her hair. Jeonghan stops her. "I'm sorry you didn't know." Jeonghan fixes her hair and at that time, the elevator has arrived. The door opened and Chanyeol is in there with Yoona. He can see Jeonghan is fixing Byul's hair with the girl pouting like a kid. 

"Oh, Chanyeol. Let's get in." Jeonghan drags Byul to the inside of the elevator. She bows politely to Yoona as she is not close with the tall girl. Byul scans Yoona and she is in the same height as Chanyeol. Byul starts to feel insecure and jealous. Byul shifts her view to Chanyeol and at that time, Chanyeol is gritting his teeth. He seems agitated in Byul's eyes.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol is jealous when he saw how Jeonghan's hand on her head while fixing her hair. Chanyeol is curious about what brings him to touch her like that with so much affection towards Byul. He feels scares if Byul fell into Jeonghan's charms and not loving him anymore. He feels jealous once again when Jeonghan grabs her wrist to drag her into the elevator. Can't she move? Chanyeol pursed his lips in trying his best to control his expression. 

"You guys just finish meeting as well?" Jeonghan asked to break the silence after the door is closed. Yoona shows her smile to Jeonghan as she used to have a few conversations with the guy. 

"Yeah. You too?" Yoona replying. Jeonghan nods. "Did you guys eat dinner?" she asked in worried. Chanyeol and Byul already looked away from each other as they both feeling awkward and jealous of each other. 

"Yeah, we ate dinner with Woozi and the gang." Yoona chuckled while covers . 

"I haven't seen the producer gang for a long time," Yoona said. 

"Well, they are still the same," Jeonghan replied. Yoona nods her head. Chanyeol rolled his eyes but eventually stops at Yoona and nudged her. 

"You know Jeonghan?" Chanyeol asked. Byul then immediately looks at Chanyeol. Yoona turns to him. 

"Yeah. Not much because we never work together but we do hang out sometimes at the cafe. He's friendly to everyone. Don't you know?" Yoona replied. Chanyeol scoffs. 

"It seems like you know everyone in the company, Jeonghan-ah." Chanyeol smiled sarcastically. 

"Well, I like to talk. But Yoona-ssi is the prettiest girl I ever talk with." Jeonghan said it makes Yoona fluttered. Chanyeol clenches his fist due to his flirting words. Yoona smiles in shy but didn't take it as a personal compliment. Byul narrowed her eyes to Chanyeol as it seems like he is jealous of Jeonghan flirting with Yoona. It makes her in a rage. 

"I thought you said Yuri is the prettiest before?" Yoona replied to Jeonghan. 

"Oh." he gasped. Yoona wants to reach to his shoulder to hit him but Chanyeol clears his throat. Byul frowned hard. Then the elevator door opens to the first level. Yoona excuses herself. But before the door is closing, Jeonghan holds it. 

"You're going back with Chanyeol, right? I'm leaving first. Bye." he left and the door is closing to going down to the basement parking. Byul and Chanyeol didn't say a word to each other until they are in a car. Byul sighs and looked out of the window. 

"Seems like you are happier to stay with Jeonghan," Chanyeol said. Byul turns swiftly with a frowned forehead. 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol didn't reply to her. "You're the one that looks like you are happier with Yoona. You guys are so fit with each other." Chanyeol looks at her. 

"Oh, now you want to pin this on me? You and Jeonghan have history." Chanyeol says. 

"You and Yoona-ssi have a history as well." Chanyeol froze. "What? Do you think I don't know? Why you never tell me about Yoona? And all this time, I let you spend time with your ex-girlfriend?" Byul crosses her arms in sighs.

"How about you? You're the one that picks your ex-boyfriend as a manager using Sowon as an excuse." Byul gasped. "Did you guys talk about Sowon in the hallway again?" Chanyeol replied harshly as they talked about the hallway issues before. 

"I'm not using Sowon as excuses to make him, my manager." 

"Oh, right? Like a fool, I believe you on that. But now,  I don't know. Do you like his presence more than me?" Chanyeol pants hard. Byul eyes get teary. 

"How about you! Do you have fun being with Yoona the whole night? Might leave you guys two in the elevator in case you need privacy with her." Byul her lips. 

"Privacy? I think you're the one that needs privacy with Jeonghan. Why don't you just date him already?" 

"Chanyeol!" Byul can't stand when Chanyeol said like that. 

"What!" Chanyeol lets out his anger. Byul leans back and looked away. Her tears streaming down the cheek. "You like him to touch your hair, hold your hand right? Admit it!" Byul didn't reply and after a minute more without a reaction from Byul, Chanyeol starts to drive out of the building. They are in silence during the drive back home. Once Chanyeol parks the car in the apartment building, Byul gets out of the car but then she noticed that Chanyeol isn't behind her. When she realizes that, she turns around only to see Chanyeol's car is driving away. She was left alone in the parking. Byul cries but holds her tears as she pushes the button. 

She reached home and goes straight to the bedroom to cries out loud. She feels exhausted crying alone so she walks to the bathroom and takes a shower. A half an hour after, she walks to the kitchen after wearing her pajamas. She drinks a glass of water and that's when she heard the sounds of passcode key-in at the door. She knows that is Chanyeol so she hurriedly drinks the water and rinses the glass. By the time she wants to cross to the bedroom, Chanyeol already standing at the entrance with a bouquet of orchid flowers. That equally means to I'm sorry. Byul is stunned at the hallway and Chanyeol walks to her with a head down. 

"I'm sorry," he said when he is closer to Byul and she immediately hugs him with tears. Chanyeol hugs her tightly. 

"I'm sorry too." Byul sniffs his smell and it makes her calm so much. 

"I didn't mean what I said. I'm sorry." Chanyeol said again. Byul chuckled after burying her face on his neck. 

"I know. I'm sorry too." they hug for a while before Chanyeol kneels and offers the flowers to her. "Where did you find the flower anyway?" Byul chuckled when receiving it. 

"Kyungsoo," he said one name and it reminds Byul of the guy's florist store. "He's nearly close the gate when I arrive. So I force him to make me one bouquet for you. He knows I messed up so he makes this." 

"Babe. I messed up too. I'm jealous of you and Yoona." Chanyeol gets up from the ground and brings her to the living room.

"I'm sorry for never telling you about my past relationship. Let me tell you now, okay?" Byul nods her head. They sat comfortably on the couch with the flowers on her chest. 

"Okay. How should I start?" Byul waits patiently. "Okay. Yoona. I met her during college and we're getting close with each other until we decided that we like each other. So we dated for four years." Byul listens and nods her head. "But we broke up 2 years ago. We are naturally back to being friends. I don't have feelings anymore for her and vice versa." 

"What happened?" she is curious. 

"Nothing. The feeling is mutual. We feel like we no longer love each other the same a before. So we just ended it but promise to stay as friends. So, here we are. Being friends. I've shared a lot of things with her and so did she so we became best friends." Byul wipes her tears. 

"I'm sorry for being jealous of you and Yoona. I didn't-" Chanyeol caught her lips with his while wipes her tears. 

"I'm sorry for never told you about Yoona. I should've told you." Byul nods and hugs him. "So, you and Jeonghan." Byul pushes him away. 

"What?" 

"I saw him touching your hair." Byul rolled her eyes. 

"He was fixing my hair because I was frustrated thinking about you and Yoona. Stupid. It's nothing really." 

"I trust you baby. There is no secret between us after this, okay?" Byul gulped. "And I think that's all about my past. Yoona is not my first love anyway. My first love is when I'm in high school but that girl moved to America after graduates high school. So I've never seen her after that." 

"O-Okay. Mine is nothing special. You're my serious relationship so..." Byul slumps her shoulder. "...yeah! Nothing at all!" Byul smiles and hugs him to hide her face. She feels so guilty of promising Chanyeol something that she can't reveal to save her relationship. 

 

Write -18/3/2021 | Evening

Re-check - 26/4/2021 | 3:34pm

* Not sure about this chapter. A lot of anger in this, huh? So far now, what do you guys think? Let me know. Thanks!