Ch. 3 - Trust Each Other

A Lone Star 2

// WARNING; matured scene //

 

Mr.Lee shifts his eyes from the big glass window in his room to the door. He keeps thinking about Byul and Jeonghan's interaction the other day. For him, it's not a problem for them to get friendly but when it affects Byul and it automatically affects his company revenue sale. He is not a greedy person but he is a businessman. So that thought is one of the first that pops up in his mind. Another thing is, he had known Byul since that she becomes a lady. She trained in the company for so many years and he watches her grew up. The feeling between them is mutual. That is what makes him worried at the moment. He didn't want her heart to get broken or she broke someone else's heart. Two hearts actually. 

A day after the interview, the HR manager, Mrs.Yoon came to him saying that Byul wants Jeonghan to be on the list and attend the second interview. That shocks him but he expected this after overheard their conversation. Someone is knocking on the door and open after Mr.Lee allowed. Mr.Lee smiles in relief seeing Byul enter the room with Chanyeol. Both hands are intertwined and they bow politely to Mr.Lee. They didn't shy to show their love in public after they exposed themselves in the airport. 

"Here you are, the lovebirds." Mr.Lee teases them as he leads them to the meeting table. Byul rolled her eyes and Chanyeol shyly smiles at Mr.Lee. Mr.Lee pats his shoulder as they split into respective seats. Chanyeol sits next to Byul and Mr.Lee takes a seat in front of them. On the table, Byul grabs the file that has profiles of selected candidates for the second interview. She checks the list. Mr.Lee notices her small smiles after she found the person that she finds on the list. 

"How's Italy, Chanyeol-ah?" Mr.Lee starts to talk with Chanyeol while Byul is flipping over the pages to look at the selected candidates for being her manager. 

"It's good. As I said, Mr.Lee, I got an offer to work there as a dance teacher but I turn it down." Byul nudges him when hearing that. Mr.Lee laughs it off. She gives him a glares that at least move her attention from the folder to her boyfriend.

"Don't go anywhere. Your girlfriend might get upset with you again." Chanyeol chuckled but shifts his eyes to Byul and pinch her cheeks. Byul pinches his waist.

"Well, if she willing to be with me, then she can be on hiatus for a while or working from Italy." Byul pouts seeing two men teasing her. She sighs. 

"I'm not going to stay there with you. I'm gonna leave you there if you're going to say yes." Byul shows her fist. Chanyeol grabs it and kisses it. Then he intertwined their fingers. Suddenly, there is another knock and someone walks in. It is the HR manager, Mrs.Yoon, another important person for the meeting. 

"Oh, come in, Mrs.Yoon. Let's discuss this fast. I have another meeting at 4 pm." Mrs.Yoon takes a seat next to Mr.Lee. Chanyeol gets up but Byul pulls his hands. Luckily, he didn't fall down on the chair. 

"You can stay," Byul said. Mr.Lee and Mrs.Yoon give him a look that he is allowed to stay at the table and listen to their discussion. Chanyeol smiles at her and rubs her cheeks. 

"It's okay. This is your job, I think you got this." Byul nods her head and lets him go. Chanyeol walks around to the big window glass in Mr. Lee's office room, not too far from their table. They start the meeting after Mrs.Yoon places a picture of the candidate on the table for a clear visual. 

"There are 26 candidates including Jeonghan-ssi." Byul scan Mr. Lee's face and she gulped when he closed his eyes. "I include in the list because Byul-ssi asks me to include Jeonghans-ssi in the list. So total is 26 candidates for the second interview." Mr.Lee lifts up his head after Mrs.Yoon finishes her explanation about the list. Chanyeol also turns his head to Byul when he heard that. 

"Yes, I checked the list already. Thank you, Mrs.Yoon." Byul answers it while making eye contact with Mrs.Yoon. She didn't dare to look at Mr.Lee. But she forgets to check on Chanyeol's expression. 

"Why do you want Jeonghan to be included in the list? We didn't take the same people as a manager. That's the rule in this company." Mr.Lee said. Byul sighs and looks up at his face. 

"Mr.Lee, the rule is made to change. If not, you shouldn't include him to be in the interview list." Byul answer. Chanyeol crosses his arms at his chest while leaning on the big glass. He starts to observe her reaction in the discussion. He felt a bit hurt. 

"Because he can try to be another group manager. Not you." Mr.Lee firmly said it. Byul leans back at the chair with her arms crossed at her chest.

"Mr.Lee, let me be honest with you. For what purpose that you want him to be another group manager while he can be my manager again? He knows my routine, he knows what I like and dislike. It's easier rather than I need to start over with a new person. It's troublesome." Byul put down the pen that she holds. "The reason that you allow him to be in this interview is for me to pick him again, right? Rules? Those rules can be changed. I'll change it. This is just a procedure that we need to do and follow, so I'll just go along with it." Mr.Lee stunned. Chanyeol frowned as he is hearing the words that come out of . It seems like Byul is stuck again with Jeonghan's charming. Chanyeol lets out a heavy sigh. 

"Byul, I don't think this is a good idea." Mr.Lee opposed the idea.

"Mr.Lee, you promise me that I have a voice in this interview and I can pick whoever to be my manager," Byul said. 

"But with the credibility." Mr.Lee replied to her right away. Byul frowned.

"He has the credibility, didn't he? He proves to you for almost a year that he is capable to manage me and be my manager." Byul said it. Chanyeol sighs in hurt. He sits at another corner while watching them especially Byul. 

"He had enough of chances. Once is enough!" Mr.Lee gets up. Byul gets up and follows him. Mrs.Yoon is trapped between two people in this discussion. She hasn't yet had any words in the discussion that turns debate. They haven't started the meeting actually.

"He knows me. I know him. Isn't that enough reason for him to be my manager, again?" Mr.Lee turns his back on Byul but it didn't stop her from talking to him. "He can handle me as a manager, Mr.Lee." 

"Byul-ssi, but the rules..." Mrs.Yoon raises the issue and Byul gives her a death stare. 

"I'm going to change the rules." Mr.Lee turns when he heard that. 

"Who are you to change the rules?" Byul looks at him back. "You can't change the rules. He won't be on the list for a second interview. Mrs.Yoon, take him out!" Mrs.Yoon feels uneasy in her seat.

"Mr.Lee!" Byul calls his name. 

"If he forces you to take him as your manager, I'll talk to him. I'll ban him from the company. He is fired!" Mr.Lee walks to her table. Byul gasped. Chanyeol gets up to walk to Byul to end the fight after seeing Mrs.Yoon feeling guilty in her seat. 

"Why don't you banned him from the company in the first place? If you did that, maybe this won't happen." Byul argues with him. 

"What is this? What!" Mr.Lee walks to her. "Your deal with him for being friends?" Byul eyes widen. "Yes, I know about that, Byul-ah. You need to pick him as your manager so that you can prove to him that you don't have any more feelings for him or he'll think you did and will flirt with you again like last year!" Mr.Lee voice getting louder. Byul takes a step back when he knows the deal between her and Jeonghan. Chanyeol paused when he just a few steps from Byul. He looks at the back of her head. 

"Je-Jeonghan told you?" Byul confused. 

"I overheard." Mr.Lee backs down and sits back at his table. Byul looks down. "There is another way to prove that, Byul-ah. You don't need to keep him by your side." Chanyeol is confused so he touches her shoulder and she jumped out. Byul looks guilty. She suddenly realized that Chanyeol is in the room. 

"Babe," she mutters. 

"You talk with him behind my back?" Chanyeol asks her while looking at her with a disappointed expression. Byul hurriedly grabs his hands. 

"Babe, it wasn't like that. He wants to talk. Okay. He is sorry. He... didn't mean bad." Byul tries to explain. "He is happy for us. For both of us. He just...didn't mean anything bad. He comes in peace. He-" 

"That's a lot of he, Byul-ah. Defending a man? Why?" Chanyeol pulls away from his hands. Byul froze. "I try so hard to block you from meeting him but you secretly meeting with him? What about my effort, then? Are you doing this because you still like him?" Chanyeol attacks him a question that makes her stunned. 

"Ch-Chanyeol, I didn't mean to defend him. I just... don't want you to think it in the wrong way. I-I l-love you, babe. Please." Byul begs him. 

"Think it in the wrong way? How? You secretly meeting with him and you didn't tell me at all. You kept a secret from me now?" Byul sighs as she flips her hair. "You'll be with him whole time if he'll be your manager," Chanyeol whispered said. Byul nods her head in hesitation. Chanyeol gasped when she replied so fast. "Aren't you trying to make yourself likes him again or-" 

"No! No! I'm not! I love you! I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just..." Byul lost word in trying to explain to him because she knows whatever she says, will make her look bad. 

"Sowon knows about you and Jeonghan." Byul turns to Mr.Lee. "I told her." Byul gasped. "I did that to break them apart but she seems into him so much that she didn't want to let him go," Chanyeol smirks. 

"His charm." Chanyeol whispers but enough to make Byul heard it. Byul starts to wonder, 'is she trapped in his charm as well?' Byul faces him again but Chanyeol looked away. 

"Your choice, Byul. If you think that you really not in love with him anymore-" Mr.Lee tries to provoke her. 

"I never love him," Byul said in a breath. "I-I don't know." then she retreats. Chanyeol sigh in disappointment. For 5 months, he thought she's really in love with him but now, he is confused. "But one thing that I know is," Byul looks at Chanyeol. "I'm confident with my feelings towards Chanyeol. I meant what I said in the interview." She tries to reach for his cheeks but Chanyeol avoids it. Byul feels sad seeing Chanyeol avoiding her. 

"I believe her." Chanyeol looks at Mrs.Yoon in confusion. "She said that you are her joy, during an interview, Byul already stating that she is happy with her boyfriend and she managed to strikes back everything that Jeonghan trying to do. He does provoke Byul but she defends herself well, Chanyeol-ssi." Mrs.Yoon supports her statement. Chanyeol faces softened. 

"I love Chanyeol, Mr.Lee. And I don't think I will do anything to ruin us. Trust me." Byul her lips. "I'm strong to defends my heart and my love towards Chanyeol. I won't change my heart like how I want to change this rule." Byul grabs Chanyeol's hands and stares at him. But Chanyeol didn't look at her as he is trying to see if Byul really makes an effort to explain things to him.

"Why do you want him then?" Mr.Lee asked her. Byul looks down and pouts. 

"Because of our deal. He won't flirt with me anymore if I make him my manager and because I want to show him that I moved on and he needs to do the same for Sowon. She loves him and as you said, she won't let him go so he needs to change their relationship. I can help him." Chanyeol looks at her. Mr.Lee sighs and palms his face. 

"He loves you," Chanyeol said. Byul looks at him. 

"He said that he loves Sowon. I want to believe that. That's why I'm doing this. And I may be having him around me almost all the time, but I told him that I have you all the time without having you around me all the time. You know, respect, and understand me. That is enough for me because I love you." Byul replied. Chanyeol's eyes start to sparkle again with her sweet words. 

"People will talk." Mr.Lee said. Byul smiles and hugs Chanyeol. 

"I'm more worried if my babe gets the wrong idea," Byul said that while staring at Chanyeol's eyes. Chanyeol smiles and rubs her cheeks softly. Mr.Lee sighs in a smile. 

"Sowon will get jealous or hurt," Chanyeol said. 

"We'll get her into our fix their relationship plan," Byul replied while Chanyeol tucked her hair behind the ear. 

"I'm hurt," Chanyeol pouts. Byul smiles but she pushes down his shoulder so that they are on the same level. She gives him a peck. 

"But I know my babe understands my purpose and motives. And I won't let anyone or even myself hurt you. I won't keep any secret from you anymore, baby." she brushes their nose and it makes Chanyeol melted. He hugs and lifts her up.

"I love you," Chanyeol said. 

"I love you too, babe." Mr.Lee rolled his eyes seeing the romantic scene. 

"Okay! Got the hints!" Mr.Lee gets up and Byul laughed at him. "We still need to do a second interview. Let's see if anyone can pass for another group. One of GFriend's managers is quitting and his last month is next month. We need a new manager for them as well." they went back to the discussion table and the meeting ended in half an hour. 

Chanyeol and Byul finally reached their home after stuck another hour with a producer to talk about her new music. Byul goes straight to her room to take a shower meanwhile Chanyeol lays down on the couch in the living room. Since they returned from Italy, Chanyeol is staying at Byul's house almost every day. Chanyeol opens his eyes when Byul is calling for his name.

"What, babe?"

"Chanyeol, can you come here, please?" Chanyeol grunts but still walking towards the room and Byul is wrapping her body with a robe. "The light is not on. I turn it on already," she whines. Chanyeol giggled. She came out of the bathroom. 

"Maybe it's burning. I'll change it for you." Chanyeol moves to the kitchen where he keeps the storage for technical issues. But when he returns, the light is on, and the shower is heard from the inside. He rushes there. Byul is in the bathtub, . She's waving to Chanyeol. 

"Babe, come in. Let's shower together." Chanyeol sighs but he puts down his tools and strips himself. He walks inside the bathroom and they both took a shower together. After 5 minutes just laying inside the bathtub, Byul leans her back on his chest. Chanyeol finally had the courage to ask the question. 

"Byul." she hums the call. "What if Jeonghan tries to flirt with you while I'm not around?" Byul frowned and turns around. She faces Chanyeol and can see his worries. 

"Babe. I won't let that happen. Remember? We can bring Sowon into our plan so he won't dare to flirt with me. I also have you, babe. I love you and whatever he did, won't change my love towards you." 

"You're saying sweet words makes me more scared," Chanyeol said. "To compare between me and Jeonghan, he is more-" 

"I'm yours." she cuts him and Chanyeol stunned. "Only yours. Nothing, not him can break us apart. Trust me and it will become real. What we need right now is trust and I need you to trust me. I trust you when I leave for Italy for some uncertain feelings. I trust you when I told you about Jeonghan. I trust you all along, babe." Byul gives him a kiss on the cheeks. 

"Thank Byul." he buries his face on her neck and their hugs getting tightened. 10 minutes later, they are out of the bathroom. Chanyeol offered to cook dinner meanwhile Byul goes inside her mini studio to check on the music file that she emailed yesterday to her producer. A few days ago when she creates a sudden song, she immediately sends it to Mr.Lee but he kind of doubts it. After she convinces him that she wants this song to be her comeback song or at least in her comeback album, Mr.Lee allows her to officially record it. She wants that song to be a gift for Chanyeol as a thankful gift for loving her and trusting her. 

"Babe! Let's eat!" Chanyeol called her from the kitchen. Byul left the room and walks to the kitchen on a tiptoe. She peeks behind the wall before jumping out on Chanyeol. He screams but only a second before he turns around and gives her a death glare. 

"You are so dead, Byul-ah." she laughs and runs away from him. Chanyeol chases her but they only go in a circle and eventually Byul waves both her hands up as a sign of giving up. Byul lays herself on the couch and Chanyeol comes over next to her. He gives her a kiss on her face before moves to her earlobe. Her whimpers make him smirk as his hands also move closer to her . He brushes the and it receives moans from her as well. Chanyeol brushes his finger on her neck and he moves the lips to her neck. He kisses without making any bruises because he knows it will be hard to cover later on. 

He moves other hands down to her stomach and stays there for a while until Byul's hand pushes it down below. Chanyeol whispers something y to Byul and she shivers. Byul gasped when his finger reaches a place that makes her feel pleasure. Chanyeol did some action below and it makes her cries for his name. After a few actions of his finger, she finally feels the pleasure. Chanyeol kisses her intensely before pushing himself up and offered his hands to her.

"Let's eat dinner," Chanyeol said. Byul pouts. 

"Can I eat you instead, chef-nim?" Byul wiggling at the couch and it makes Chanyeol short breath. They make love till night without the dinner being kept in storage.

 

 

 

 

 

Write -1/3/2021 | 4PM

Re-check - 31/3/2021 | 10:56AM

 

*I'm bad in mature scene writing so, let me apologize.