Ch.12 - Love Each Other So Much

A Lone Star 2

Chanyeol fanning Byul using his hands while Jeonghan is bringing a glass of water to Chanyeol. Mr.Lee is calling a doctor from the company pharmacy locates on Level 2 in the company. Jeonghan passes the glass and Chanyeol dips his finger into the glass to wet his fingers to splash on Byul. She didn't wake up but wince at the coldness of that water. Everyone is sighed in relief when they get a response from Byul. Chanyeol rubbing her arms in case she's cold. 

"She didn't eat much for the past week. I think her blood sugar is at a low level." Jeonghan mutters. Chanyeol didn't look away from Byul but when he heard that, Chanyeol glare at him. 

"I told you to take care of her," Chanyeol said. Jeonghan scoffs. 

"Oh my- I cooked for her. I pick her up at the company. But if she didn't want to eat, it's not my fault. I don't want to force her. She is sad enough." Jeonghan said, rolling his eyes. Chanyeol heavily sighs, knowing that this is partly his fault. 

"Okay, the doctor will be here in a minute. Give her some space boys, please." Mr.Lee is worried as he sees the tension between two-man. Jeonghan walked away from the couch and sits on another couch. 

"What happened, Chanyeol?" Mr.Lee asked after he takes a sit on the same couch as Jeonghan. 

"You still with her?" Jeonghan asked without any intention but Chanyeol gritted his teeth and gives him a death glare. 

"Yes, I'm still with her! Why do you care?" Chanyeol almost yells but Mr.Lee puts his hands up between them. Mr.Lee frowned at Jeonghan. 

"What? I'm just asking. Seeing Byul suffer like that, make me feel sorry." Jeonghan leans forward. "I shouldn't kiss her or making her keeping a secret from you. I'm sorry, Chanyeol." Chanyeol's face softened seeing Jeonghan is sincerely apologetic towards him. Mr.Lee pats his shoulder. 

"Thank you," Chanyeol said and back to focusing on Byul. Not long after, the doctor arrives and checking on Byul. He explained and nothing serious to be worried about. Three of them sigh in relief. Chanyeol asked permission to bring her back home. Mr.Lee nodded and with Jeonghan's helps, they went down to the basement. Chanyeol drives home with a careful speed. Jeonghan follows from behind with the van. 

Arriving at the building basement, Jeonghan helps to carrying the stuff and pushing the elevator button while Chanyeol carrying Byul in a bridal way. In the elevator, they can sense the awkward feeling between each other as Jeonghan keeps glancing at Chanyeol and Byul. It makes Chanyeol feels annoying until he confronts him. 

"Any problem, Jeonghan-ah?" Chanyeol asked him. Jeonghan nervously looked away and cleared his throat.

"Nothing." he stands straightly and didn't look back after that. They finally arrived and Jeonghan helps to open the door for them. Chanyeol enters and taking off his shoes. He walks to the bedroom and tucked her in under the blanket on the bed. Jeonghan already put stuff in the living room and moves to the kitchen to get a drink. He pours a drink on two glasses and when Chanyeol walks past the kitchen, he called him. Chanyeol walks into the kitchen and he passed the glass. 

"I broke up with Sowon already." Chanyeol chokes on the water. Jeonghan passes him the tissue. He stares at Jeonghan with a disbelief expression. "I mean, I cheated on her anyway so why not end it. Right?" he said calmly. 

"When?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Three days ago." Jeonghan walks to the dining room and sits at the chair. Chanyeol follows. 

"Why? You want Byul?" he asked carefully. He is afraid if the answer is yes then he really needs to fight with Jeonghan. But Jeonghan is laughing at the question. 

"What do you think am I?" Jeonghan shakes his head. "I'm leaving." Chanyeol frowned. "After Byul is done with her comeback, I'll be gone for good. Maybe helping my dad with his company." Jeonghan is telling his plan. 

"A-Are you serious? How about Sowon? Does Byul know about this?" Chanyeol asked him, seriously. 

"Nope. She didn't know and Sowon and I are over so..." he clicked his tongue and get up to leave the house. Chanyeol follows him and pats his shoulder. 

"You can stay, I don't mind. Y-Yeah, I know. I'm going crazy about you guys but..." Chanyeol lost words. "...Byul likes you as his manager. You know her attitude, you know?" Chanyeol tries to convince him but Jeonghan just chuckled at it. 

"Chanyeol-ah, she's my ex," Jeonghan said. 

"Yeah, I know but... I and Yoona also ex." Chanyeol twists and it makes Jeonghan laughs again. "What will Byul say when she knows you're leaving?" Jeonghan looks at the bedroom door and smiles. 

"She'll be fine as long as..." Jeonghan pokes his finger to Chanyeol's shoulder. "...you are here with her," Jeonghan said. Chanyeol sighs. 

"You really leaving, huh?" 

"I should do this a long time ago, Chanyeol. But I stay. It getting worse. Don't worry. I'll hang out with you guys but I'm just going to stay away from here for a while. Watch Sowon for me, then." Chanyeol chuckled. 

"I'll let Byul know later." Jeonghan nods and he left after bump their fist together. Chanyeol sighs and moves to the bedroom. He's lying next to Byul and caress her cheeks. Byul moves but didn't open her eyes. Chanyeol hugs her and closed his eyes. They both fall into a deep sleep.

After long hours of sleeping, Byul finally opens her eyes and she's smiling seeing the familiar face on her side. She caresses the cheek and tucked the long strand of hair behind the ear. Chanyeol wakes up due to touch but he didn't open the eyes. He grabs the hand on his cheeks and kisses the palm. Byul snuggled closer to Chanyeol after knowing that he is awakened. 

"Night," Chanyeol said with his husky voice as they just woke up. Byul hums and closes her eyes again. "Are you hungry?" Chanyeol can feel the movement of her head saying yes. Chanyeol chuckled but keep cuddling with her until he is ready to get up but Byul pins him down on the bed. 

"Babe?" Chanyeol tries to find her face in the darkness. "I'm going to the kitchen. To cook for our dinner." Chanyeol looks at the bedside for the clock but he can't see anything because there is no source of light. Then suddenly, he heard a sniff from Byul. She is sobbing in silence.  

"Babe?" Chanyeol holds her shoulder. 

"I love you." he heard Byul said that in her trembling voice. Chanyeol sighs and smiling through his smirk. He pulls her and hugs her tightly. 

"Babe, I love you too. So much. I'm sorry for leaving you like that. I'm sorry." Byul hides her face on his neck and Chanyeol is pulling her more closer to him to ensure that he is sorry and she is fine now. After a few minutes of Byul trying to composed herself, she finally braced herself to look at Chanyeol. When her eyes meet him, Byul can't stop the grateful feelings inside her that she keeps tearing up. Chanyeol rubs her hair and pulls her to wake up from laying on the bed. He pulls her feet to wrap around his waist while his hands on her waist. They are now sitting on the bed with the closest position on the bed. Chanyeol fixes her hair and wipes her tears. 

"Babe. I'm hurt. To be honest, I am hurts knowing you keep a secret from me. I'm hurting because I'm trying my best to make it natural between you and Jeonghan. I keep saying to myself that he won't court you because we are publicly dating. But he did and you fell to him." Chanyeol said in a sad tone at the last few words in his sentence. Byul cupped his face. 

"I didn't." she firmly said. Chanyeol chuckled. 

"You didn't but keeping a secret from me makes me feel that I'm no longer needed in your life. But you beg, your sadness makes me think that maybe you still love me." 

"I never pause or stop from loving you." Byul tries to interrupt his every word. 

"I know now." Chanyeol pulls down her hands and holds them tightly. "Seeing you crying and giving up like that makes me hate myself more. I'm hurting you, that's one thing. I love you, Byul. I don't want to hurt you nor hurting myself. If you don't love me anymore, I'm gonna chase you until you push me hard enough that I'm at a point of giving up." 

"Chanyeol-ah." Byul eyes getting teary again. Chanyeol caresses her cheek softly. 

"You love me so much, don't you?" he asked and Byul nodded her head aggressively with tears flowing down when she blinks. Chanyeol wipes the tears again and sniffs her hands. "I miss you so much, Byul." 

"I miss you a lot!" she hugs him. After spending a whole night, cuddling, hugging, kissing, they finally are back on good terms. Their relationship is back to normal with a lot more trust and faith towards each other. They both are confident with their love especially Byul where she finally knows that she wants Chanyeol to be on her side and not anyone else. 

 

Write - 13/4/2021 | 10:26AM

Re-check - 6/5/2021 | 11:05AM

* this is the shortest chapter that I wrote. writer's block? maybe. but I think it's because I want this to focus on just them. how was it? lemme know guys!