Ch.16 - The End

A Lone Star 2

In a short time, they arrive at the place with tight security. The place has its own mini-market, gym, park, and kindergarten school.  Once they register for Jeonghan as their guest, they walk up to the elevator and key in the number. Within 5 minutes of doing all of that, they finally arrived at the house. The house is one and a half level. This house has 4 rooms and each of them is useful. One is their main bedroom, then the guest room, then her dressing room, and the last room, they renovated to have two sides. One side is Byul's small studio and on another side is Chanyeol's small office. He needs that for his business in the dance studio. The half level upstairs, they just use it for relaxation with a lot of pillow and bookcase around it. Jeonghan looks around and it is so spacious. 

"This is big. Planning to have kids running around?" Jeonghan jokingly asking that. Chanyeol chuckled meanwhile Byul already gone to the guest room to tidy up the room a little bit. 

"We didn't have a plan to have kids yet because we didn't have a plan to get married yet." Chanyeol bumps the fist on Jeonghan's shoulder slowly. "Drink, Jeonghan-ah?" 

"Water is fine." then Chanyeol comes back to him with a bottle of beer. Jeonghan shakes his head for him not listening. He shows the living room and they both take a seat. 

"So the old house, you guys selling it?" Jeonghan asked. He takes a glance at the window glass. It didn't have a city view but rather the neighborhood around them. It's nice and relaxing actually. Someplace, we didn't need a city lights view but this view is nice. The next building with an awesome view at the back. 

"Nah. Byul didn't want to sell it. She said it holds a lot of memories." Chanyeol said. 

"The room is ready. Wh-Beer? Aren't you tired, babe?" Byul takes the beer from Chanyeol and puts it down on the coffee table. Jeonghan did the same. Then Byul grabs his hands and leads him to the room. 

"Chanyeol! I want to see you ready on the bed with pajamas!" Byul tells him while grabbing walking to the room. 

"I want to shower with you!" Chanyeol said without embarrassment. 

"Then wait in the bathtub!" Byul replied in shouts as she already in the room. "Tadaa! How's the room. Comfy, is it?" Jeonghan awes with the design inside the room. The color palette is brown and this really feels like the old room that he used to sleep in her house.  Then, Jeonghan faces her. 

"Why don't you sell the old house?" Byul giggles in nervousness. She sits on the bed. 

"Well... I love everything that happens there. Good or bad. It's life. I don't want to sell my life." Byul answers and Jeonghan follows her to sit on the bed. 

"But all the good or bad memories are in here." Jeonghan points to her head. "And here." Jeonghan point to his chest. Byul gets the point. 

"I just don't want to. I like it here but I love it there." Jeonghan shakes his head. "What if I and Chanyeol break up, where should I run?" Jeonghan frowned. 

"To him, of course. Sort it out, the problem. It must be you." Jeonghan point to her cheek. Byul gasped. 

"How dare you!" they chuckled. "I always using that house as my kinda... escape space. When I'm having a writer's block or something."  Jeonghan understands her view. 

"How long have you guys moved in here?" 

"About a year, already." Byul takes a guess. Jeonghan looks around the room. "So... how are you doing?" she asked. Jeonghan looks at her and smiles. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Yeah, literally. How are you doing? Do you like doing your current job?" Byul blinks. 

"I'm starting to loving it. When my dad said that I'm going to California to manage the branch there, I'm so happy. Because I know that I'm capable to do that." 

"How about Bethy, then?" Byul asked. 

"What about her? As I said, I don't think I'm attracting to her." 

"Why? Because you're still into me?" Byul throws the bait. 

"Don't ask the obvious question, Byul." then she froze. She observes his reaction and Jeonghan laughs. "Byul-ah!" he throws his arms around her shoulder and it makes Byul leaning forward to him.

"I have a man now, Jeonghan-ah." Jeonghan giggled with Byul self-defense. 

"He makes you happy?" Jeonghan asked. Byul smiles.

"The happiest person on earth," she replied.

"He hurts you?" he asked.

"He apologizes," she replied.

"He mad at you?" he asked.

"He apologizes," she replied in chuckling. Jeonghan giggled.

"Women," he said before jumping out of the bed. Byul didn't reply and let him roam around the room.

"How's life?" Byul asked.

"Good," he replied.

"Got any girl around you other than Bethy?" she asked.

"A lot of hook up," he replied.

"Jeonghan." the serious tone from Byul makes Jeonghan pause and turn around. There he realizes that she is being serious. Jeonghan walks back to the bed and sits again.

"There is no one. I'm seriously busy with my work." when Jeonghan notices Byul didn't feel satisfaction from his answer, he took her hands and holds them. "When I'm moving to California, there might be a girl there that I can flirt with or fell in love with. But not Bethy. I didn't feel a thing with her." Byul flips her hair. 

"What do you think about Sowon and Seung Cheol?" she asked that. Jeonghan takes a deep breath before exhaling it.

"They suit together. Sowon looks happier being with him." Byul nods, agreeing to that. "Their relationship is public, huh?"

"Yeah."

"That's why." Byul leans on his shoulder.

"You miss me?" she asked.

"I miss you a lot, my dear," he replied.

"Do you still love me?"

"Why? Why did you keep asking that? Do you want an affair with me? I might get killed." they chuckled.

"No. I want Chanyeol," she said.

"Then?"

"I'm just wondering."

"Love is always there, Byul-ah. Sometimes, Bethy does remind me of you. When she tries to act cute or when she tries to annoy me. But I'm not into her, I think she knows that by now. I'm not responding to her confession so..." 

"We never know until you let her know," Byul said. 

"Not my priority right now." Byul huffs. "But hey, seriously. I can never replace you. You're special somewhere in my heart and my life, Byul-ah. You're my friend and I'm really glad we're being friends." they holding hands. 

"Thank you, Jeonghan-ah. You too." Byul replied. 

"Do you miss me?" Jeonghan turns to ask. 

"I do, time to time."

"Not most of the time?" he frowned. 

"I miss Chanyeol, most of the time," Byul said. Jeonghan shakes his head.

"You plan to marry him?"

"Let's see how. There is no rush between us." Byul replied.

"You wanna marry him?"

"I want to be with the person that I love most of the time and miss most of the time," she replied.

"Agreed." then Byul looks at Jeonghan. He face her when she didn't say anything.

"Don't you want to stay here in Korea?" Jeonghan chuckled.

"Nope. I want you to miss me and begging me to come back to meet up."

"So cruel." she hits him. Then Jeonghan pulls her in for a hug.

"I'm a businessman now, Byul-ah. I'm not your manager. Youngjae-ssi is doing a great job, right?"

"He is. He is a great friend too." Byul compliments him.

"I'm a little bit jealous." they laughed.

"You're the best and amazing manager that I ever have." then they hugged. After that, Byul left him to have a rest. She walks out of the room and closed the door. To her surprised, Chanyeol is standing there while smiling at her.

"W-What?" she questioned his behavior but he pulls her in.

"I'm proud of you," he said that and Byul melts right away. She understands his words.

"How long did you eavedrop?"

"Since... almost from the beginning." Byul hides her face. Chanyeol then squats down and unexpectedly pulls her in like a bridal style. "Now, I want to make love with you." Byul hits his shoulder in embarrassment. 

The next morning, Jeonghan gets out of the room with a noise coming from the kitchen. From the hallway, he can see the dining table is half-full with food. When he reached there, he is surprised to see a lot of food such as pancakes, hotteok, fried rice and so on.

"Guys?" he called them and both of them that are busy in the kitchen turn around. "Do we have some kind of party or what?" 

"Nah. That's all for you." Byul points it out. 

"She wants to cook almost everything for you before your flight tonight." Chanyeol continued to reply. He walks closer to him and pushes him to seat at one of the seats on the dining table. "You can dig in. Out tteokbokki is almost ready." then Chanyeol goes to the kitchen and continues to cook with Byul. He shakes his head but still digs in the breakfast. 

After the long breakfast, Jeonghan excuses himself to leave to the hotel and gather his stuff. Byul and Chanyeol promise to accompany him to the airport tonight. Minutes passed. Hours passed. It makes Byul feels anxious when the time is coming. Chanyeol realizes that and back hugs her. 

"What are you worry, babe?" Byul leans ins and takes a deep breath. 

"I don't want him to leave." 

"He's a businessman now, Byul-ah." Chanyeol persuades her. 

"I know. It just feels...you know that I don't have so many friends here. So he's going away is a bad mood swing for me." Byul said. Chanyeol understands and keeps silent while hugging her. 

At the airport, Byul keeps rubbing her hand while eyeing the time board. Jeonghan that notices her behavior immediately took her hands and rub them. He smiles and Byul replied with a smile in her eyes. Chanyeol is back from the mini-market. He's buying some food for Byul as she didn't have any appetizer to eat since Jeonghan left the house. 

"You will come back here, visiting me, right?" Byul asked him. 

"Of course." Jeonghan calmly answers her. Chanyeol shakes his head seeing his girlfriend. 

"I hope you will find someone at the California beach." they laugh. 

"That's a wish. Hope I can make it." not long after, an announcement of departing heard through the speaker. "I need to leave now, Byul-ah. Chanyeol, take care of her. I'll be back soon but not so soon." he shakes hand with Chanyeol first before facing Byul who wipes her tears. 

"Hey, Byul-ah. It's not like we are not going to meet after this." 

"I know. I'm just..." Jeonghan hugs her. 

"Hate goodbye. I know." he rubs her back until she wets his clothes from crying. "Take good care of yourself. When I move to California, you guys can come over. My house has a beach view. It's big." 

"Promise me, this is not our last meeting." Byul points out her pinky finger and Jeonghan link it with his pinky finger. Then he kisses her head and takes his luggage.

"Dude, be safe." 

"Let us know when you arrive." Jeonghan nods his head at both of their words. Then, he walks backward with hands waving big to the couple. 

"Byul-ah! I love you!" Jeonghan shouts it to make Byul feel a bit relief and it does. Byul cries harder and runs to him. Chanyeol let her go as he didn't feel jealous anymore of their friendship. The love between them is just for friends, soulmate he guesses. 

"I love you too," Byul said and hugging him tightly. "Thank you for meeting up with me." 

"Your welcome. Thank you to you too for loving me back." they look at each other and nodding head together. Then Chanyeol walks closer to them and holds her shoulder. 

"Thank you to you too Chanyeol for trusting me." 

"You're my bro, bro." Chanyeol bumps their fist with Jeonghan then he really drags his luggage far from them. Jeonghan left and turns around for the last time to wave at the couple. They waved back and Jeonghan is gone behind the door. Byul sighs and turns around. 

"I love you Chanyeol-ah." 

"I love you too, Byul." then they left the airport with a smile because they knew this is not a farewell. This is just a temporary goodbye because they will meet again. Soon. Either he comes back to Korea or they fly to his place. Chanyeol and Byul love is going strong and they understand each other. They knew each other too well now but they still have others side to get to know.

 

-end-

 

Write - 5/5/2021 | 3:04PM

Re-check - 6/5/2021 | 11:41AM

*how's the end? I hope you guys are okay with the ending because that's what I intended too. Their relationship turns into a friendship within those years and it does happen in real life if some of you are questioning it. I'm being a best friend with my ex for 5 years now. 4 years in a relationship and 5 years being a friend. It's heaven to have someone that knows you better than yourself and other people. At least.

Thank you for reading once again. I'm sorry if there is a misleading storyline, typo, confusing storyline, or anything bad to the storyline, I'm sorry. I'm trying my best to write this story and checking every chapter before uploading it.