Ch.11 - Miss So Bad

A Lone Star 2

"Here is your stuff. Okay. I'm leaving first. Food in the fridge, you can heat it up later." Jeonghan tells her while avoiding eye contact with Byul. She realized the difference in Jeonghan since he picked her up in the company. Byul stares at him as long as his explanation for her. Once he is done talking and when there is no reply from Byul, he looked up. 

"Byul?" she nods her head, answering the call. "Did you listen to me? Are you okay?" Jeonghan walks closer to her and puts his palm on her forehead. Byul pushes his hands aside slowly while taking a deep breath. 

"What's wrong with you today?" Byul asked him. Jeonghan blinks and pauses for a second before breaking into a chuckle. 

"What's wrong with me? Nothing's wrong. What is wrong with you? Are you even listening to me?" Byul hums. "Don't think too much about Chanyeol. He'll be back. Tomorrow, you don't have anything in the company right? So I am free from you, huh?" Jeonghan walks to the front door while picking up stuff for him to bring together. Byul follows him from behind with a crossed arms on her chest. 

"Bye." Jeonghan turns around after wearing his shoes. Byul holds his arms. He looks at her. 

"Are you sure that you are okay? You don't look okay to me." Jeonghan chuckled but Byul didn't see him being honest with that. Byul pulls him inside again and it makes Jeonghan walk inside her house with shoes on. He is surprised. 

"Byul-ah. My shoes." Byul pushes him to the wall near the kitchen and gives him a glare. "Byul-ah, I need to go now. Seriously." 

"Why? Where? I don't think you are fine, Jeonghan-ah. Either you tell me or you're going nowhere out of this place." Byul gives him a stern look. Jeonghan smirks. 

"What if Chanyeol comes back and sees us like this? What will he thinks?" Byul blinks nervously. That thought scares her honestly. Jeonghan walks to the front door again after pushing her away. "I'm leaving. Bye." Jeonghan steps out of the house and leaving Byul wondering what is his problem.

Byul then shakes her head and sighs heavily. She takes a shower and stays in the bedroom without planning to have dinner as Jeonghan's instruction this evening. A room that used to share by two people is not by to her alone. She rubs the bedside where Chanyeol used to sleep. It's been a week and there is no news from Chanyeol. When she asked Mr.Lee, he didn't open his mouth at all about Chanyeol. Byul is missing him badly and afraid of losing him. A tear streaming down from her eyes to the pillow as she lied down on the bed. 

All of her memories with Chanyeol plays in her mind like a movie. She remembers when the day she decided to tell Chanyeol about her relationship with Jeonghan. He didn't seem mad. He froze but after Byul walks to him to soothes him then he walks away from the romantic dinner that Chanyeol prepares. That night, that preparation makes her feel guilty and she confesses even before they get to eat the medium-rare steak Chanyeol was cooking. Chanyeol disappears from her life in two days and that two days is a punishment for her in life. After spending time with him for a few weeks in Italy, she realized that he is such an important person in life. Chanyeol didn't treat her like how Jeonghan treats her. Chanyeol did better, with honesty, responsibility, and attention. She needs all of that. 

Two days after, she was getting surprised by Chanyeol. He recreates the romantic dinner again and she runs to him. He hugs him tightly and he didn't let her saying anything but enjoying their dinner. After that, he starts to talk about their relationship and when Chanyeol said he is ready to take her as the official girlfriend once again, Byul is jumping with happiness. Of course, her guilt is still filling in the emotion but Chanyeol immediately erases it off with a promise that he will always be there for her. He promises that he'll support, protect her in any situation. He loves her. Byul apologizes to him but Chanyeol ignoring it. He accepting the gratitude that she felt at that moment. 

Then, Chanyeol acts as her boyfriend and she can finally enjoy being in a relationship. A healthy relationship until she realized that she wants publicly share this happy news. At first, she wasn't sure about it but Chanyeol can sense the uncertainty and clear it. He is supporting her in publicly share the relationship. Byul is more than happy about that because she isn't doing that for making Jeonghan jealous. It was more for her wants to share the happiness that she feels. She enjoys being clingy with him and he enjoys spoiling her. They are a puzzle that fits each other. 

But right now, she isn't sure if Chanyeol will come back to her like before. Will he leave her forever? Will, he let her be alone in this house forever? She wants him to be back but she knows what's her fault so she can't be selfish to ask him to come back to her.  Although, she is badly missing him like it will kill her any day. A whole day in the studio, she didn't do anything other than playing a song for her single comeback because that song is made for him. To thanks him for everything. They are not yet in a year relationship but the chemistry, their soul is connected to each other. This is different as she was with Jeonghan. But she can't say that to Chanyeol. 

Days passed and it's been two weeks she separately from Chanyeol. He didn't contact her nor she is trying to contact him. She didn't want to contact him because she is afraid of Chanyeol to push her away. She didn't want that rejection although she deserves it. She walks to Mr.Lee meeting's room on the same level as the president's room with Jeonghan. She walks inside the meeting room and bowing to each person in the room until her eyes pause at one person that she misses. Chanyeol. He bows to her and continues to do his thing. Jeonghan pats her shoulder to let her moves to her seat. Jeonghan noticed Chanyeol but didn't want to make a scene. Byul takes a seat but her eyes glued to Chanyeol. Then Mr.Lee walks inside and the meeting begins. 

"So, this meeting is for Byul's comeback. Byul-ah, I know you want to make a single comeback for this one but I was thinking maybe we should start preparing the follow-up comeback." Jeonghan nudges her when Byul is not paying attention. She frowns and Jeonghan gives her a look. She turns to Mr.Lee and starts to be present in the meeting. She still takes a glance at Chanyeol that being friendly with Yoona. 

"How about a mini-album? We can pick a minimum four-song." Woozi speaks out

"Thinking the same thing, Woozi-ssi. Byul-ah, do you have any good songs in the file? If not, Woozi can start to make a beat for you." Mr.Lee looks at Byul and once again, she didn't pay any attention. Jeonghan clears his throat while tapping on her hands and it makes her jolted up. She then realizes all eyes on her and starts to feel nervous. 

"Any song in your file for mini-album, Byul...-ssi?" Mr.Lee asked again, knowing where her mind and eyes are. Byul bites her lips and sighs heavily. 

"Do...we need to do a mini-album? We can just do a single comeback." Byul said. 

"This is a follow-up comeback after single. You can't be on hiatus for a few months after a single comeback. It's not worth the time." Mr.Lee said. His words finally get her attention. "After a single comeback and promotes...let's say two weeks. Then we do a follow-up comeback with this mini-album. We can include your single in the mini-album." 

"So let's do four-song max in this album as suggested by Woozi Oppa." Byul finally joins the meeting in a real life. Jeonghan feels relieved. Mr.Lee nods. 

"Four songs. Okay. Do you have the song? Or do we need Woozi to-" 

"I have the song. Sorry, Woozi Oppa." Woozi put both of his arms up in the air as a reply to her joke. Some of them chuckled at his action. "My single is more like...in a dreamy world. So the other song needs to be a more tempo song. I think," 

"Agree." Woozi gives his vote. Byul smiles at him. 

"And one dance song. That one I need Woozi Oppa touch." she looks at him. 

"On it." Woozi writes something in his notebook. 

"Dance. So, Chanyeol can take over the moves?" Mr.Lee is unsure to call his name out while looking at Byul's carefully. She didn't look at him but then she braces herself and look at him professionally. 

"I need a partner in my dance." she points a finger at Woozi while turning to him. "Make a song that I need to dance with my partner." Woozi nods. Then she turns back to look at Chanyeol and Yoona. "Yoona can help with the moves." Yoona nodding her head. 

"Are you sure?" Mr.Lee asked. 

"Maybe in the chorus I need spicier or something. Woozi Oppa needs to come up with a beat first. Give me a few beats and I'll choose. Then I'll get back to you two." Byul didn't dare to speak his name at all even her finger and her eyes, point and look at them. 

"Sure, Byul-ssi." a voice coming out from Chanyeol and it makes Byul stops breathing. She can feel her chest feels heavy. Her eyes start to get teary. She looks away. Jeonghan noticed the expression and rubbing her hands underneath the table without too much movement. 

"Anything else? This meeting really fast."

"If nothing else, let's dismiss," Byul said. Mr.Lee chuckled. 

"Okay. Woozi, I need the beat by this week. Byul, your single comeback is in a month. Can you do that?" Mr.Lee asked her. Byul smirks. 

"Woozi Oppa needs to come up with a song for me to pick. Present it to me in two days, is that okay Oppa?" Byul asked Woozi. He panics. 

"Woah, that's fast. I'm leaving first then." Woozi gets up from his seat and it receives laughter from them. 

"Meeting dismiss." Mr.Lee said and everyone is out of the meeting room but not him, Byul and Jeonghan. Byul eyeing Chanyeol stepping out with Yoona. They are chuckling whatever that funny to them. Byul is jealous. 

"Byul?" Mr.Lee calls her but she didn't hear it. Jeonghan turns her face to Mr.Lee and it makes Byul shocked. "Are you okay?" she shakes her head. 

"She calls me Byul-ssi." Byul her lips and sighs heavily. "When did he return from Italy?" 

"Two days ago." Mr.Lee answers easily. Byul smirks. 

"He didn't even call me." Mr.Lee sighs. 

"Remember, it's your fault." he gets up and left two of them in the meeting room.

"Samchun is harsh," Jeonghan said. Byul chuckled. 

"He is right. I'm the one that makes a mistake. Why do I expect him to call me anyway? He is probably happy with Yoona." Jeonghan rolled his eyes. 

"Byul. They are nothing. They are just exes." Byul glares at Jeonghan before getting up from the seat. Jeonghan follows her. "Maybe they are getting back together." Byul turns to him. He chuckled and Byul hits his arms. 

"Thank you for making me feel fine." they are out of the meeting room but to her surprise, Chanyeol is standing near the room. Jeonghan greets him and giving them some space. Byul gets a hiccuped and it makes her face blushed. Chanyeol clears his throat and leads their way to the rooftop. Byul follows without a word. Her hiccuped makes her feel frustrating at the same time. They stop at the corner of the rooftop, where not a lot of people passing by. Her hiccups getting worse but when Chanyeol turns around, she froze. He cupped her face and kiss her. She is surprised but eventually giving in. She misses him so much. Tears flowing from her eyes to her cheeks. When Chanyeol pulls away, her hiccup stops. 

"Finally it stops," Chanyeol said while wiping the tears. Byul didn't dare to say anything. Chanyeol walks back to the bench at the corner and Byul follows. He sits at the other end and Byul sits at another bench. She is afraid if Chanyeol didn't like her to sit with her. That thought makes her tears coming out nonstop. She tries to hold in it but it just can't. 

"How are you doing?" Chanyeol asked. Byul looks at him. She shakes her head. "I told Jeonghan to take care of you. He didn't?" Byul shakes her head. "He didn't?" 

"No! He did." finally Byul said with a breaking voice. 

"Good. Do you like it?" Byul looks at him confusing. "Do you like he's taking care of you?" Byul is more confused but she shakes her head. "Why not, huh? He's a better player than I am." Byul heard that and it makes her hurt and mad. She gritted her teeth. Chanyeol is trying to hurt her in words, she thinks. 

"I'll beat him cause he didn't know how to take care of you." Byul looks at him, confused. She wipes the tears. "He bragging saying that he can take care of you. What is this?" he chuckled. Byul is getting more confused hearing his words. What is he trying to say? 

"By the way, Jeonghan is really good. He is really romantic with Sowon. That's what I found out. I bet he can be romantic with you. He is a good chef. I taste his food once and he really nailed it. I like his food." Chanyeol keeps praising Jeonghan and it makes Byul thinks that he is trying to matchmaking him with her. "He is a nice person." which ends the praise for Jeonghan. Chanyeol looks at Byul and he knows that she is mad and confused at the same time.

"You don't want to get back with Jeonghan?" that question sets her off. Byul glares at Chanyeol that smiling while asking that question. She gets up and left the bench. "We can end this, Byul. You can be free with Jeonghan." Byul pauses and turns around. Chanyeol already standing up with his hands in the pocket.

"And what? You can be free with Yoona? What? Did you catch feelings with Yoona again? Do you start to realize that you love her? Do you want her? You make a wrong decision being with me? Say it, Chanyeol!" Byul walks to him while saying yelling at him. Her chest moving up and down same with her expression. Her pants hards as she can't control the tears that streaming on her face. Her lips trembling. 

"You don't want me anymore?" her voice breaks. Chanyeol didn't say anything other than stare at her. "You don't love me anymore?" she asked but when there is no reply from Chanyeol, she kind of gets the answer from him. She steps backward while watching his expression not changing. 

"I miss you, Chanyeol! I miss you so much! So bad! That I rather not eat, or drink or feel alive if you are not beside me! Do you know what I've been doing for the past week? I punish myself! I cried myself to sleep every night! I know I'm at fault. I know I shouldn't keep a secret from you. I know that is bad! So bad!" Byul wipes her tears.

"I deserve it anyway! My fault! You left me! You didn't call me! You disappear to Italy! You went to Italy!" Byul gasped, tries to catch her breath after yelling while crying. She can't see anything in front of her. 

"You didn't call me! You came back here without me knowing you are here! And here you are, trying to make me get back together with Jeonghan. I'm not getting back to him even though we are over! I'm not! I-I don't want him," Byul said with a heart-breaking voice with tears keep falling. 

"You hate me, don't you? You don't love me anymore, right? You want to end this, right?" Byul looks at him but she can't see anything because of tears that keep falling to her cheeks. She tries to compose herself before she turns around to leave the place. But before she can take another step, someone hugs her from behind and it was Chanyeol. Byul froze. 

"I miss you so much, babe," he said and her sobbing turns to cry. He turns her around and kisses her. When he pulls away, he cupped her face and kiss her face. "I miss you so much." 

"W-What..." she is confused. 

"I wasn't trying to get back with Yoona or end this with you. I'm trying to see if you still love Jeonghan. Or maybe you're the one that doesn't want me anymore." Byul hits his chest. 

"What the !" she curses and Chanyeol chuckled. He hugs her. "I'm scared, Chanyeol-ah," she said while burying her face in his neck. 

"I'm scared too, Byul. I'm scared if you want to be with Jeonghan after I'm leaving you for such a long time." they hug each other until Byul is seeing white in her view. She tries to blink and shake her head but she still seeing white and not long after, she faints. 

 

Write - 29/3/2021 | 3:58PM

Re-check - 6/5/2021 | 10:59AM