-4-

Sunny Boy // Seo Changbin

Changbin found himself awake really early, it was odd, he fell asleep eventually but he really didn’t think he would wake up as early as he did, he thought maybe it was because the bed was unfamiliar or that he just had too much on his mind that sleeping late was impossible.

 

He carefully got out of bed and covered Taeyang with the blanket as it seemed the boy kicked the blankets off during the night, he wanted to wash up but he didn’t have any extra clothes, he went to the kitchen and checked what there was, he wanted to make breakfast to thank the boy but it seemed that there wasn’t really anything to make.

 

He thought for a bit and decided to go to the convenience store that was close by, although his clothes were a mess he hoped people would excuse it since it was so early in the morning. He grabbed a few things and made sure to get something he could make for Nara as well and paid for everything before returning to Taeyang’s apartment.

 

When he got back the place was still quiet, he smiled a little, it felt a little odd… it was almost as if he was coming home to someone but he knew he wasn’t, this wasn’t his home, he didn’t fully belong there.

 

He let out a small sigh and went to make breakfast, when he was done he went to wake up Taeyang and Nara, he went back and set the table allowing the Taeyang to fully wake up and the same goes for Nara.

 

When they were done they joined Changbin and they all ate together.

 

“Hmm, Hyung I’ll lend you some clothes, you still have to go to work today right?” Changbin blinked a little and then nodded a bit, sending the boy a thankful smile.

 

They finished breakfast and Taeyang went to find some clothes for Changbin, it was a little hard since he was so much taller than Changbin, but eventually, he found a shirt that he thought would fit the boy, it was too small for him so he could only hope that it would fit the boy.

 

“Hyung, I can’t lend you any pants since I’m too tall but I can lend you a shirt and one of my hoodies,” Taeyang said handing Changbin the clothes.

 

“This will work as well, thanks Taeyang,” Changbin told the boy with a big smile.

 

“Hyung you can go take a shower, I need to go get Nara ready for daycare, her teacher lives next door so he will come to pick her up in a bit,” Taeyang told him and the boy nodded, Changbin went to take a shower and changed his clothes.

 

When he got out of the shower he heard Taeyang talking to someone and he curiously went to check and was a bit surprised.

 

“Oh, Hyung are you done?” Taeyang asked when he heard the footsteps.

 

“Hmm, I should probably get going, I have a meeting first thing when I get to work,” Changbin told the boy.

 

“Okay hyung, will I see you later?” Changbin nodded.

 

“Yeah, I owe my friends lunch,” Changbin told the boy and he smiled brightly.

 

Changbin quickly grabbed his stuff and said goodbye to Taeyang, when he got past the boy he was met with an old friend.

 

“Oh Changbin-ah,” the boy said a little surprised, “I thought the voice sounded familiar but I didn’t even realize it was you” 

 

“Hi Wooyoung,” the boy said with a small smile, he knew it was him the moment he heard the man’s voice.

 

“Hyung you two know one another?” Taeyang asked surprised and Chanbgin nodded.

 

“Yeah, we were in a childcare volunteer club when we were first years so we got quite close” Changbin explained, the boy nodded a bit.

 

“Hmm Nara, uncle has to go now, be a good girl and don’t give Taeyangie a hard time okay?” Changbin asked as he crouched down patting the girl’s head a little.

 

She smiled happily and nodded, “Uncle come play again,” she said softly and he nodded.

 

“Oh Binnie, are you maybe meeting up with a group called Utopia?” Wooyoung asked the boy and he nodded.

 

“Uh, can you give this to the boys for me? San forgot to take it” Wooyoung said, holding up a bag.

 

“It’s their lunch, I was just going to drop it off at the studio but since you’re here I thought that might be better” Wooyoung explained to the boy.

 

“Sure,” changbin said, taking the bag, “I should go now, I will see you later Taeyang, bye Wooyoung,” Changbin said with a small smile, he pushed past them, putting his shoes on and leaving the apartment, he let out a small sigh.

 

“It’s been a long time,” he said to himself and shook his head, when he got to work, he greeted the receptionist and walked up to his office, he placed the bag with the lunch boxes down and fell back into his chair.

 

He heard a knock on his door, he said a small ‘Come in’ and waited for the door to open, he saw his friends coming in, he greeted them with a small smile.

 

“How was it? Dinner with Taeyang, how was it” Chan asked immediately.

 

“Good morning to you as well, it was good, and before you start there was nothing to it, Nara ran out of the cafe at rush hour and Taeyang didn’t see it so when I saw her I just went out to pick her up and take her back, at that time I didn’t know she was related to Taeyang,” Changbin said to them, he started gathering the paperwork he needed for his meeting that was starting soon.

 

“And this? Did he make it for you hyung?” Jisung asked, pointing to the lunch boxes.

 

“No, those are from Wooyoung, San forgot to take them, San’s part of Utopia,” Changbin said and the room went silent for a bit.

 

“It’s in the past, don't any of you dare say something,” Changbin said seriously.

 

“Okay… we should go. The meeting is starting soon,” Chan said and the other two nodded in agreement, Changbin grabbed the lunch boxes before he took everything else he needed.

 

“Oh yeah, I owe you guys lunch,” Changbin said as he left the room, Chan’s eyes went wide and he started to laugh, he ran after Changbin and Jisung followed cluelessly.

 

“Wait no way? I told you he’s older than 20” 

 

“Correct, he is 25” Changbin said and Chan laughed.

 

“Can you two fill me in here?” Jisung asked.

 

“Well, Changbinnie was so sure that Taeyang was still under 20 but I told him I bet he was older and if I was right then he owes us lunch,” Chan said and Jisung almost laughed, he couldn’t believe they were already 30 but yet the two was still the same playful kids they were in university.

 

“Changbinnie, Chan hyung, Jisunggie” the three heard a familiar voice call them, they saw a boy waving at them when they took a proper look, Changbin tried his best to smile.

 

“San, I met Wooyoung earlier, he asked me to give you this” Changbin said handing the boy the bag and walked into the meeting room, Chan and Jisung shared a concerned look, and saw San also looked a little guilty before the boy walked into, the rest of the members followed San and lastly Chan and Jisung entered.

 

Throughout the whole meeting, Changbin asked as professional as he could, and once it ended he really just wanted to run out but that didn’t work that way.

 

“Changbin can I talk to you in private?” San asked and Changbin nodded a little.

 

Everyone else left the meeting room, it was obvious throughout the whole meeting that the two really should speak about whatever was bugging them, well mainly bugging San.

 

“I’m sorry” was the first thing I could say.

 

“Why? There’s nothing to be sorry about” Changbin said as he gathered his papers.

 

“There’s a lot to say sorry for, I honestly don’t even know where to start… we hurt you a lot Changbin, Wooyoung shouldn’t have made you bring the lunch boxes…” 

 

“It’s fine seriously, it happened years ago, wasn’t it? It’s in the past and it’s best left there” Changbin told the man emotionlessly.

 

“Changbin can you take this seriously, please? Wooyoung seriously hurt you, he knew well enough what you were like he was friends with you for a long time, he knew your personality so it was really wrong of him to leave you just because your personality was so different than you look, he knew you well enough, he shouldn’t have done that, and I shouldn’t have gone to him so shortly after you two broke up”

 

“San, I really don’t want to talk about this, I have enough on my plate as it is, and I really don’t want to remember my failed relationships, Wooyoung wasn’t the only one who did like that, so stop dwelling on something so useless, it’s over it’s been 6 years, it’s in the past leave it there,” Changbin said looking at the boy seriously, he took his things and started walking to the door.

 

“Just be happy together and that’s enough, you both suffered a lot as well just to be together, it was never simple for you either so just let it go, I have to go now, I owe my friends lunch and your teammates are waiting for you so just go” 

 

Changbin left the room and walked to his office, San let out a small sigh, no matter how much they tried talking to Changbin about what happened the boy would just shrug it off and leave them to deal with it by themselves.

 

“Chan can I take a raincheck on lunch,” Changbin asked as he walked past the boy.

 

“Sure” 

 

“Cool, I’m going to get some work done,” Changbin said walking off.

 

When he got into his office he sat down and stared at the wall, his phone ringing broke him out of his daze, he picked it up and saw it was Seungmin, curiously he picked it up.

 

“Min? What’s up?” he asked.

 

“Hyung let’s go for drinks tonight”

 

“Sure, my treat,” he said, Seungmin was a bit surprised, Changbin didn’t drink often, and if he did he usually only drank at home.

 

“I’ll meet you at the usual bar,” Changbin said before hanging up.

 

He let out a sigh, he really needed a drink, he just wanted to skip work altogether.

 

When work ended Changbin left immediately without a second thought, he took the bus, and when he got to his destination he got off immediately, he walked towards the bar and saw Seungmin waiting for him, the boy smiled happily but Changbin could tell something was off with him.

 

They went into the bar and took a seat in their usual spot, they ordered some food and drink and sat in silence, neither of them really felt like talking, and they both understood it, they often went for drinks together when they got stressed and they basically never spoke until they had a few drinks in.

 

When they hit their third round the conversation started to flow.

 

“I didn’t mean to fight with him” Seungmin slurred, “I love him so much but he doesn’t understand that, I get he is scared but every time we almost take a step forward he would just suddenly retreat again and shut me out” 

 

“I get that, but you need to remember Innie isn’t someone who loves to be affectionate at all, he also isn’t used to having to show his feelings either, I’m sure he loves you just as much,” Changbin told the boy, he had a bit of a higher alcohol tolerance than the man in front of him.

 

“How about hyung? Why are you drinking?” Seungmin asked.

 

“I met Wooyoung and San today, Wooyoung acted as he had never done anything wrong and San is still suffering from guilt, it wasn’t even his fault…” Changbin said, letting out a sigh.

 

Seungmin nodded a bit, he remembered just how hurt Changbin was back then, it was the boy’s first relationship and he had been in love with Wooyoung for a long time, they finally got together and the more he was like himself the more Wooyoung got distant from him, they broke up eventually and it wasn’t even two weeks and Wooyoung was already dating someone else, that someone being San, but San never knew that Wooyoung was dating someone so when it came out it did a lot of harm to their relationship, and San could never really get rid of the guilt he felt.

 

The two drank and drank until they could hardly remember anything around them, they ended up walking to Seungmin’s apartment which wasn’t far from the bar and everything was okay, when they got into the apartment they sat on the couch for a while, in silence.

 

Seungmin gazed at Changbin for a bit.

 

“Hyung do you want water,” he asked and Changbin nodded as the boy got up and wobbled to the kitchen to get the older some water.

 

When he came back he ended up tripping over his own feet, falling right onto Changbin, they stared at one another for a bit, it took a while for Changbin to register what was going on since he was quite drunk, but he almost instantly sobered up when Seungmin’s lips met his.

 

He pushed the boy off him angrily.

 

“KIM SEUNGMIN! WHAT THE HELL?” Changbin yelled at the man, he knew Seungmin was probably not in his right mind but still… it didn’t give him any right to do what he did.

 

He ended up leaving immediately and aimlessly walked around for a bit and eventually, he found a hotel, he sighed and decided to stay there for the time being, with Jeongin at his apartment he wouldn’t have much peace and he didn’t want to see Seungmin, he also didn’t want to go bother Taeyang with this either, the boy had enough on his plate, plus going to Taeyang increased his chances of running into San and Wooyoung and he just didn’t want to deal with that either.

 

He just wanted to be very far away from everyone and everything.