-2-

Sunny Boy // Seo Changbin

Changbin sat in the studio, he was really out of it, he hadn’t been able to sleep properly and it was getting quite evident from the dark circles and bags under his eyes, it was enough to make Chan and Jisung worry.

 

They started working together once they finished uni and when Chan left for work in Australia, he and Jisung got really close, soon becoming one of Changbin’s closest friends.

 

The two shared a concerned look when they saw Changbin, it was odd to see the boy like this, he was usually the one to yell at them to get sleep but it seemed their roles would soon be switching.

 

“Binnie hyung?” Jisung asked and the older only hummed in response.

 

“Bin are you okay?” Chan asked.

 

“Yeah… just sleep-deprived,” Changbin replied to them.

 

“You never sleep late? You always go to bed at a set time and get up at a set time” Chan said.

 

“I have been having weird dreams so lately I just stay awake to avoid them,” Changbin said tiredly.

 

“Okay… I don’t think you should have caffeine because that can’t be good for you in this state, so instead, we are going to the cafe across the street to get you some hot chocolate or something” Chan said, to their surprise, it seemed like Changbin almost immediately perked up.

 

The boy got up and grabbed his jacket and started walking towards the door. He noticed that his friends hadn't moved at all; he frowned and looked at them.

 

“Are you guys coming?” he asked and the two nodded almost immediately, they grabbed their jackets and Chan grabbed his wallet since it was his suggestion he was going to treat them.

 

As they walked Changbin basically seemed to be running towards the cafe, Chan and Jisung shared a confused look, they didn’t understand what happened but they knew Changbin just did a complete 180 in his mood and it was really odd.

 

When they got into the cafe they saw Changbin looking around a bit, and then suddenly he brightened up a little more than before.

 

He had been so busy with work that he wasn’t able to go back to the cafe after that first day he went and met Taeyang again but this time he had a good excuse to go plus he was with his friends so he didn’t look like a complete loner.

 

They found a table and quickly discussed what they wanted to order, Chan got up and went to place their order.

 

“Hi, can I please get one americano, one taro bubble tea, and uhhh what would be the best for someone who’s sleep-deprived? My friend hasn’t slept in a few days” Chan asked the cashier.

 

“Hmm I’m not sure to let me ask our barista,” the girl said as she looked around a little and started waving someone over, he looked around and saw the boy they met only a little while back.

 

“Taeyang oppa, this customer wants to know what would be best for someone who’s sleep-deprived,” the girl asked the boy, he thought for a bit.

 

“Well it depends on the person, I can usually tell what a person needs if I see them,” he said, Chan smiled a bit with a nod.

 

“It’s my friend over there, the one with the glasses on and black hair,” Chan said and Taeyang looked over to where Chan was motioning and smiled a little.

 

“Oh it’s that hyung again~ hmm for that Hyung I suggest a cup of white hot chocolate, it’s a little sweeter than normal hot chocolate and I often take it when I can’t sleep, it helps give you a little energy for a while but it still isn’t as bad a coffee and then once it wears off you can fall asleep without a problem” the boy explained, Chan nodded a bit.

 

“Then I will take one of those as well,” Chan said with a small smile, it seemed like the barista was a little familiar with Changbin, and seeing how Changbin perked up when he said they should go to the cafe made it a little obvious especially if he recalled when they all met up in the same cafe only a few weeks ago and how Changbin blushed because of the boy.

 

‘Ah, so he is lovesick more than anything’ Chan thought to himself before paying and reaching out to take the buzzer from the girl.

 

“Oh Jieun-ah, I’ll take it over to them no need to give him a buzzer, my shift ends after this so I will drop it off before I go,” Taeyang said with a smile.

 

“Oh, okay then oppa,” the girl said and handed Chan’s card back to him, he thanked them and went to join his friends again. Jisung and Changbin were chatting. It seemed like it was the only way they could keep him awake, although he only responded in hums he still tried his best to listen.

 

Chan took a seat and joined the conversation while they were waiting.

 

Soon Taeyang walked over to their table with the tray, he already changed out of his work clothes, and his hair was no longer styled up but more relaxed now, he smiled as he got closer to their table, he saw Changbin and felt a little sad, the man looked exhausted.

 

“Here you go,” he said happily, Changbin looked up and looked at the boy, a soft small smile spreading its way across his lips.

 

“Oh it’s you,” Changbin said.

 

“Yep it’s me,” Taeyang said with a big smile, Changbin felt how his body started to feel less tired almost as if the boy was sending him all his energy. 

 

"Hyung you look tired~ you need to get more sleep,” the boy said and Changbin found himself nodding. 

 

The boy gave them their drinks and bid them farewell after that, he returned the tray to the counter and said his goodbyes to his co-workers before leaving. 

 

"Since when did you two get that close… He calls you hyung you wouldn't even let me call you hyung until I knew you for like 3 months" Jisung whined but he was genuinely curious. 

 

"Hmm this is only the third time we met, he is still a young kid so he probably doesn't want to call me uncle, I don't know,” Changbin said with a shrug and took his drink taking a small sip from it. 

 

"This is good,” he said with a small smile. 

 

"Hmm, that guy suggested it for you,” Chan said, Changbin smiled a little.

 

“He has great taste,” Changbin said with a nod.

 

Jisung and Chan shared a look and tried to hold back their laugh.