the gathering

Our Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soobin stared at the mess he made while looking for something to wear. He doesn't know why he's so bothered, they probably wouldn't even care about what he's wearing --- well except if he's wearing something 'branded' like earlier.

He doesn't want to be bombarded with questions about his clothes so he decided on wearing a plain black hoodie, knowing that it will get really cold and chilly when the night comes.

He's almost close to panicking as he looks at the clock, it's almost five and Yeonjun will probably be there at any moment.

He grabbed his phone and took one last look at himself in the mirror, running his fingers through his hair, fixing it. He probably should re-dye it since his black roots are already showing since he prepares dark brown better than black.

He made his way downstairs, his grandma's nowhere to be seen. She's probably in the garden again, it's funny to think that it seems like she spends more time there rather inside their house.

Soobin decided to sit on the swing outside, scrolling through his phone while waiting for Yeonjun.

"Hi Soobin." He heard a voice say, jerking his head towards the voice, "Oh Yeonjun hyung, you're here already."

Yeonjun smiled as he made his way towards Soobin, "Yep, so are you ready to go?"

Soobin nodded, trailing behind Yeonjun.

The two of them exchanged a few small talks while making their way to the destination. He's glad that he's not as awkward as he was earlier but being himself, it's still really awkward. Good thing Yeonjun didn't seem to mind.

---

"And we're here."

Soobin looked around the place, noticing that they are in front of a school because the sign in front says so.

The school looks kinda lonely and eerie, maybe because it's summer time and there are obviously no students around or maybe it really just has the 'haunted' vibes going on.

There's a long table set up in front of the school with cans of beers and snacks scattered on top of it.

"Hey guys, this is Soobin. He's Grandma Hyeja's grandson from the city so be nice to him or else, you'll have to face my wrath." Yeonjun stated which made some of the people already gathered there laugh.

They only exchange basic introductions like their names and age then they got back to their conversation they were having earlier before it was cut off by Yeonjun.

Soobin tried keeping up with their names but he's so bad at remembering names so he just hopes he won't have to talk to them again during the gathering and suddenly forget their name in the middle of the conversation. Soobin's speaking from his experience by the way.

He also couldn't be more thankful that they're not like those people who literally just throws questions after questions at him. Coughs. Yeoreum.

"You can take a seat here Bin-ah." Yeonjun patted the spot beside him. "I can call you that right? Just tell me if I'm being too casual with you."

"No, it's okay. Uhm, I don't mind." Soobin mumbled awkwardly, taking a seat.

Yeonjun takes a seat not soon after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter