choi the 'best friend' beomgyu

Our Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soobin's sitting at the window, his feet dangling, feeling the roof where his legs hang out.

He stared at the bottle of sleeping pills in his hands. He accidentally found it inside his suitcase, not remembering whether or not he did put it there when he was packing. The bottle is still half full, 2 months ago being the last time he took one.

Soobin tried to remember the last time he took one. He knew way before he started taking the pills that taking it will not cause anything good to him. But what can he do, it's the only thing he can think of that might help him sleep.

He's aware of the fact that he has insomnia but he never really bothered going to the psychiatrist about it and just straight up bought some over-the-counter sleeping pills.

It kinda worked for him, it indeed helped him fall asleep but the pills made hin really drowsy in the mornings.

His constant drowsiness in the mornings was immediately noticed by his best friend, Beomgyu. You really can't hide anything away from that boy. He will still find you even if you're hiding in the farthest country away from Korea, he might as well be a detective or something like that with that ability of his.

Beomgyu went up to him one day and started interrogating him about it. Of course Soobin tried lying about it but Beomgyu's just too good at seeing through people that he immediately noticed that Soobin was lying before he can even finish his sentence.

So, Soobin told Beomgyu everything about his sleeping problems.

When it started.

Why he thought it started.

The sleeping pills.

Everything. Not missing a single detail.

Beomgyu reacted just the way he was expecting. Soobin got a really painful whack on the head, like Beomgyu's shorter and has a smaller build but he hits like he's a whole feet taller than him. It was really painful but Soobin knew that he deserved it.

He got a long lecture from Beomgyu that he could write a whole book about it. Soobin sometimes think that Beomgyu's actually a hundred year old man trapped inside a twenty year old's body because of his 'words of wisdom'.

In the middle of Beomgyu's infamous lectures, Soobin suddenly laughed --- making the other think that he was not being serious about the issue.

But the truth is, receiving Beomgyu's long lectures warms Soobin's heart every single time. It's because it always reminds him that there's still someone out there who cares about him.

His parents never cared about him the same way Beomgyu does. It's like his parents only gives him the time of their day when he fails an exam or when he gets a low grade. They care about his grades way too much, they even got him a personal tutor to make sure that he will not slack off. Even letting them study until midnight for the sake of his grades.

Soobin thinks that it's one of the many reasons why he started having troubles falling asleep.

At first, he would just wake in the middle of the night, not being able to fall asleep after. Then, it started becoming worse, he finds himself not being able to sleep even for a couple of minutes and he would just stare at his bedroom ceiling until the sun replaces the moon and stars in the sky.

He never thought about telling his parents about it because he's sure that they will not even listen to him. They will probably just say that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter