"i love you too..."

Our Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Hyunjin was excited when Yeoreum arrived with Homsang was an understatement.

The boy was literally over the moon about it, stating that their mom wouldn't kill him anymore because their dog's missing.

It took quite some time before Hyunjin had convinced Yeoreum to keep what happened a secret between the two of them.

He was actually supposed to be fixing the flower bed with Hyunjin outside but Hyunjin with his magnificent talking skills, somehow convinced Soobin to help his sister inside.

He figures that it's because Hyunjin's friend, Seungmin, came to help him outside so he agreed with helping Yeoreum.

Hyunjin quickly introduces Seungmin to him and they found out that they were all just the same age so they decided to not use formalities with each other.

Seungmin is as bright as Hyunjin and Soobin's already convinced that all of the people in the village are like that.

So that's how Soobin finds himself dusting off the picture frames that were hanging on the walls. 

There are pictures from when Yeoreum and Hyunjin were babies up 'til today. The strong resemblance between the two makes Soobin want to ask if they're twins since he never heard them use formalities with each other.

Oh well, he would probably just ask later.

Pictures of the family shows a huge contrast between them and Soobin's family.

They also have family portraits back home but none of them looked as happy as the Hwang's in the frame that Soobin's currently cleaning.

Everytime Soobin looks at those pictures back home, he can't help but think that they look like strangers who were just forced to take pictures with each other. It's like you can feel the distance between the family members.

Soobin never liked looking at their walls back home not just because of the family portraits but also because of the certificates of achievements of his siblings that were posted there.

Every single time someone visits their house, they would always ask why none of those certificates belongs to him and his parents would just brush them off and change the topic to something else.

I'm the black sheep of the family, what do they expect?

Soobin wants to say during those times but he of course, never did.

----

Soobin's not sure how many hours have passed but they're almost finish cleaning inside. Yeoreum's just putting some of their things in place while he's busy mopping the floors barefooted.

"Soobin-ah, are you hungry?" He hears Yeoreum asked behind him.

He looks behind him and sees that she's already finished with what she's doing. He nods at the question because he is indeed hungry.

"Okay, I'll try my very best to cook something." She giggled before making her way towards the kitchen.

Soobin quickly finishes mopping the floor, returning the mop to where it originally was.

He never expected that he would be helping someone clean their house because he never did so back home since they always have someone cleaning for them anyways.

He throws himself on the couch, ruffling his hair that's sticking to his forehead because of sweat. He lets out a deep breath, relieved that they finally finished cleaning.

He takes out his phone from his pocket seeing that it's already four, he's not sure how long he's been there though. He honestly didn't feel the time passing by because he was too busy with what he was doing.

His eyes widened as he noticed that there were 5 missed calls from his mom. .

He almost jumps from the surprise as his phone flashes the word 'mom' on the screen. He quickly answers it.

"Hi mom."

"Soobin I've called you five times."

Wow, not even a hello. Soobin cringes as he hears his mother's disapproving tone that he's so used to hearing already although he often hears it from his father more.

"Sorry mom. I was busy." He answers in a small voice, not wanting to annoy her more.

"That's not the design I chose earlier --- What was that Soo?"

"I'm sorry mom for not picking up your calls." He repeats.

"Alright." His mother says with a huff. Soobin can hear muffled voices in the background, asking his mother something.

"Uh how are you guys there mom?" Soobin murmured.

"Why do you keep on getting the designs wrong?"

Soobin cringes again as he hears his mother yelling at someone in the background.

"Sorry Soobin, your brother just closed a huge deal and we're really busy here and the employees here are really stressing me out."

"It's okay mom I understand." He muttered as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter