the choi's

Our Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soobin woke up when it was still dark outside, surprised that he actually managed to get at least 2 hours of sleep.

It's very typical of him to wake up before the sun has even reached the horizon and he's left to wonder why he wakes up that early for someone who can't sleep at night.

Soobin's thankful that his bed is at least comfortable enough to make up for his lack of sleep.

He wonders if his grandmother will let him stay on his bed the whole day but he doubts it. Knowing her --- she will probably force him to go out of the house and socialize with the other locals there which is an absolute nightmare to him especially if he sees that Yeoreum girl again.

What he would give to just have his grandmother let him stay inside not just the whole day, but the whole summer break.

Soobin can feel the morning breeze surrounding his whole bedroom since he left his window open last night because he noticed that there was no air conditioning inside his room other than the ceiling fan.

Soobin lays comfortably on his bed, while staring outside his window, waiting for the sun to come up.

Usually during this time, he's already forcing himself to get up because he has school to go to but since it's summer break --- he doesn't know what to do, it's like he has all the time in the world to waste.

His grandmother knocks on his door to wake him up --- as if he hasn't been awake for some time now.

She peeks through the door, telling him to come down and eat breakfast with her.

Soobin didn't even bother washing up and just instantly goes down with his grandmother, you can blame it on his growling stomach.

Right after he finishes eating his breakfast, his grandmother's already ordering him to do some errands for her. "Bin-ah, can you deliver these flowers to Mrs. Choi?"

"Huh?" Soobin asks, pretending like he didn't understand her.

His grandmother picked up the box full of flowers before giving it to him.

"Deliver these flowers to Mrs. Choi okay dear? Her son should be the one picking it up but she called and asked if I can have it delivered there."

"Uhm... I don't even know her though?" Soobin reasoned out, scratching his head, "I might get lost and these flowers might not be as fresh and pretty anymore by the time I get to her."

His grandmother didn't listen to his attempt to get away from the errand. She told him that she's a hundred percent sure that he will not get lost because her diner's really easy to find.

So that's how Soobin ended up walking to the diner to deliver the flowers to Mrs. Choi after taking a quick bath.

----

The walk to the diner doesn't really take longer than 10 minutes and the diner's easy to spot with it's bright yellow exterior that's too bright for Soobin's eyes. Soobin walks to the entrance of the diner and reluctantly opens the front door. He heard a light 'ting', signaling a new customer.

He saw a few customers having their breakfast a few tables away from the front door and a woman probably in her mid forties behind the counter, already smiling at him.

"Good morning." She greeted him while smiling widely, "You can sit anywhere, I'll bring you the menu."

"Uhm, I'm actually not here to eat." Soobin rubbed the back of his neck, "My grandmother told me to bring these flowers to you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter