It's been a little too late for that

Behind the Scene

 

Its morning, you wake up a lot earlier than you’ve ever had in a long time.

You tidy up your bed and walk to the kitchen where you find Ms Woo making something that you can smell as delicious.

“Good morning Ms Woo” you say cheerily and sit on a chair near the table.

Smiling, you check the clock and its 8:02 am.

Yumi must still be sleeping; I’ve never seen her wake up this early you think

“Hello, good morning to you too” Ms Woo answers very softly as you hear sizzling

“Are you cooking something?” you ask curiously

“Yes, breakfast sweetie, I’m making lovely eggs and baked beans with fresh homemade smoothie drinks later on, I can’t let you guys eat the same thing all the time can i?” she replies with a smile though not looking at you.

“Um, what kind of smoothies would it be?”  You enquire not as curiously as the last

“Sweetie, strawberry and banana thought you girls would love some of it, its low cal, fresh and has yoghurt, it’s pretty nice to if I do say so myself” she clarifies with a giggle than adding “I used to make it to someone, loved it they did”

The last words made you think “I used to make it to someone, loved it they did” echoes in your head

“Who did you make it for?” you quickly say in a sort of mumble

No reply, who could Ms woo have made a smoothie for when she’s never had anybody in her house, doesn’t she live by herself?

“Oh he used to come by, my son Arnold. He was very keen for me to make him smoothies but his in America at the moment, getting treatment for a condition, tetanus the doctor says...” Ms Woo trails off.

“I’m sorry to hear that” you commiserate sadly making things uncomfortable and awkward.

 Ms Woo has a son named Arnold who’s in America for a tetanus condition which could be treated at a nearby hospital close to where she lives. Is it that worse that is has to be a few hours away and in another country?

This makes you question Ms Woo. Everything she’s said so far makes it unbelievable imitated and unreal.

She wants to help out now; she tells you things now and gets close now. It’s happening all at once now. There’s something going on with Ms Woo but what is it?

The thoughts makes you less happy to see her around and makes you feel uneasy with every moment you see her standing with her back away from you in the kitchen making food you’re suppose to eat at 8:02 am in the morning.

You’ve never woken up this early; you’ve always woken up at near 11am.

Does Ms woo know that you’ve woken up so early as to make food so early when Yumi hasn’t even woken up yet?

You don’t remember giving her the keys to the house nor having telling her you’ll wake up at 8am in the morning.

“let me help you with breakfast”  you blurt out loudly “I’ll love to help seeing as I’m the only one awake besides from you” you add trying to persuade her to let you help

“But you’re still injured and I can’t let you help with that” she responds a little too forcefully “so let me do it”

“But you’ve made so much for me already and I want to help, to say thank you” you think out loud in a way that would’ve been whiny.

You’re basically arguing with her about food so early in the morning and find that you’ve talked a little too loudly as Yumi wakes up a bit too irritated.

“Can you know that I’m sleeping? Sis you’re in the same room as I and you don’t realize I need sleep?” Yumi lectures and all you can do is apologise for being noisy.

“Both up, that’s good I’ve nearly finished making breakfast” Ms Woo notifies and smiles as you see a smile forming across her face as Yumi seems sadden.

“MS WOOOO!! I was going to help make breakfast! Now I can’t! It’s not fair!!!” she shouts loudly complaining that she couldn’t help and all.

Ms Woo is totally up to something! You think how could she have possibly known you and Yumi was going to wake up so early?

“The key dear, you gave it to me before right Yumi?” Ms Woo speaks likes she read what you’ve thought before about the key and is only answering it now

“I don’t remember giving you a key? Yumi replies, adding more curiosity to you and answering a question you could have asked up in your head.

“Right, dears I forgot to ask if I could keep the key” she says fidgety and looking nervous

So is totally hiding something but you keep up not spilling any thoughts and say

“So you had the key the whole time? I thought Yumi lost it” you lie making Yumi give you a look and Ms Woo looking more agitated than she has before. You smile “I think me and Yumi could lean you the key, I mean you are taking care of us now” you add

Ms woo I’m totally finding out what you’re hiding even if you can’t say it to my face!  You say to yourself evilly and  smirk  before saying “let’s have this breakfast started”

 

 


so readers it might have been too long but i hope you enjoyed this chapter :D