Are you a boy?

Survivor (별)

"Ah..." Jaejoong cannot see clearly of the scene before his eyes. He could feel nothing but the saltiness of the seawater.He could not breathe and have no more motivation to struggle...

"Help me..."Jaejoong used all of his strength to say this two words. He blamed himself for not learning how to swim in GongJu, his hometown. He travelled all the way from GongJu to Seoul, to become a singer and achieve his dreams. Why the hell that he ended up in the unknown place?

"I don't want to die here..."He thought to himself..."I cannot die here. I am too young to die..."He struggled too hard. It's a shame for him to die, he is still so young and handsome, and have the potential to become the next great singer, like HOT , as least this is what he believed.

10 minutes passed, 30 and then an hour gone. Jaejoong can't move an inch. The sun is setting which may mean the end of his life. No other people will come near here once the light disappear.

"Mom, I'm sorry..."Jaejoong cried sorrowfully, he cannot support himself anymore.He then shouted the names of his 8 sisters, one by one. The nine most important women in his life, he cannot think how miserable they will be upon hearing the news of his death."No..." his vision was blurred as he fainted.

He recalled the scene when he left his home where he lived for 15 years. He remembered how he first saw HOT appearing in the TV at his home.

" That green shirt guy is cute." one of his sister commented.

"What is his name again?"jaejoong's sixth sister asked while eating with big spoons. Jaejoong almost drawn himself inside the TV. He was so amazed by the five people dancing and singing such beautiful songs. what he admired more was the attention they could grab from the audience. To become the spotlight of the world.

"Kangta" maknae sister replied carelessly. " Jaejoong said he is the most popular one. jaejoong, why do you like that guy so much, you are not even a girl!"

" I just...I just want to become a person like him." jaejoong said sincerely."Kangta sang the most parts in HOT, he is also the most handsome. he is the most talented, so he is the most popular.Noona, one day I will appear in that box too, then you all will be proud that you are a sister of KIM JAEJOONG,"

"Stop daydreaming!" the mother of 9 kids came out with a stew." Kim jaejoong, eat fast and study. Didn't you get a fail in maths last term? I know you are stupid but you know what, you can get anything if you work hard. Everything comes out from hardwork. So stop dreaming of becoming some singers and study hard. I don't want to see another red mark in your report card again!"

" Yes, mother." Jaejoong took his last peek on the TV and started eating with large spoons of rice. Of course he knows success come form hardwork. It is something that everyone in the house hear everynight. But how can someone as ordinary as him success as someone like Kangta?

After days and nights like this. Jaejoong is finally determined. He worked days and nights, delivering milk and newspaper.... to get a ticket to Seoul. Moved by his determination and dream, the sisters got him 500 bucks. His parents generally objected but they let his son to walk his way. As he is just adopted.

Jaejoong, walking in heavy snow to the station, ignoring the screamings and hwaitings from his 8 sisters,can't help but to shed tears. He cannot turn back, or everythinbg will be in vain. Jaejoong look so tough in the snow as he is just wearing two thin clothing. But his heart is about to worn of from crying. He is so soft-hearted. What to do? Is he really going to succeed? He can't return here without debuting. He knows. This is a matter of a man's pride. The pride of a 15-year-old. He is the family's pride. As always with the exception of his bad bad results, he know he isn't the brain type, so he figured out he could be a singer. He was always sheltered by his 8 sisters. As the only son of the family. although adopted. Jaejoong's father is stubborn with Jaejoong's dependency with the family. He always think jaejoong is not man enough. in the inside. Therefore his father sent him out to see if he could handle the city with himself, without the 9 woman who loved him as diamonds.

"KIm Jaejoong!" it was friends of jaejoong. Jaejoong recognised their voices and look beside him. It seemed like they have waited for a long time.

"oh, you guys." Jaejoong smiled truefully, moved by his friends farewell.

"Hey, Jaejoong." the three boys came closer to him." you're really leaving to seoul?" one of them asked with a sceptical tone.

"well, you see me with the luggages and stuff. Yes."

" I thought you were joking. You guys remembered how he sang in our music exam?" the guys burst with laughter.

Jaejoong of course remember what he was talking about. He knew himself well as he was a tone deaf.He followed them and laughed bitterly.

"Guys, that was really old. I improved a lot, you know, you guys saw me practicing while I'm working, right? I really worked hard to improve..."

Another laughter boom bursted." You called that singing? Jaejoong? OH, that was you! I thought you were watching some scary movies....hahahaha..."

Another forced smile." Thank you for you guys coming. I may call you when I arrive. Wish me good luck at least."they did the guy punch thing at least.

"Kim Jaejoong, we have known you for too long, just come back if you  don't get accepted. It's okay."

" yeah, we won't abandon you at least...hahaha"

"Thanks." Jaejoong paused."But I don't think I will return so fast... unless I get debut. " he gives a pretty smile." you guys can see me in TV though."Jaejoong left cooly. Those emeny-like friends saw his back.

" wow, overwhelming confidence, when did he get that?"the guys didn't want to lose jaejoong." Ya! KIm Jaejoong, don't be so confident yet! You never know what it is like in the big city!"

" yeah, and get me Kangta's sign for my sister if you see him... hahaha"

" I'll get Jeon Jihyun's if I can for you."his last words disappears as his figure disappeared before the three...

Jaejoong opened his eyes, slowly... the scenes he recalled only happened the day before yesterday. And once he realised this, he found himself ALIVE.

"I'm not dead?" Jaejoong whisper to himself.jaejoong look at his hands and touched himself to see he's hurt. But the only thing that hurt is his head.

" Ouch, it hurts!" Jaejoong checked himself again pulled out three fingers.

"Sam( three), this is three right?" Jaejoong gave out a big smile, really satisfied that he's alive, and resting on this...bed? He looked around the room, and saw someone watching him just opposite of him. They stared at each other for a while. The person is about the same age with Jaejoong, and possess the same beauty as him too. The boy is embracing his kneels on a chair. He finally let out a smirk.

"You're cute."

Jaejoong can't help but to blush a little. Of course he knows that is a boy too. But he is not used to hearing these words from a boy.there was only silence after that.

"what..what is this place?" jaejoong asked carefully.

"My home."he answered shortly. Jaejoong can notice the boy is a bit interested with him too. His stare is so amazed and wondered towards himself. " Why did he look at me like that?" Jaejoong asked himself.

"Did you save me?"

"Literally, yes." he nodded" but it was my sister who insisted me to save you. You know, it was night and cold, you are just a stranger. You have to thank my sister for that." his answers are so bold and honest. Jaejoong can't help but to think this guy is so funny and interesting, and let go a little smile. The boy look at Jaejoong's laughing with curiosity, is his words so funny? he don't think so. suddenly he coughed as he caught a small cold while saving Jaejoong.

"Are you alright?"

"Yea. It's nothing." silence again. The boy took his first step and sat next to Jaejoong. He looked carefully at Jaejoong. Jaejoong was a bit scared but he looked carefully at the boy too. The boy has pretty eyes, pretty nose and thick y lips. It is the kind of boy that will appear in TV, somewhat like Kangta.

"You're comfortable here, right?"

"eh.. yea."

"of course, this bed is mine."

Jaejoong went a bit shy." should I get up and give it back to you? How long was I unconscious?"

" nonono. stay." the boy bit his lower lip." you fainted for three days."

Jaejoong was surprised, as he pulled out three fingers again." TH..THREE?"

" yes." the boy was amused by his innocence, and pulled out three fingers as Jaejoong." Three."

silence followed. Jaejoong continued to look around the room.

" I sorry, but I'm curious about something..." the boy asked.

"yes?"

" Are you...a boy?"

Shocked by his question, Jaejoong gave an unbelivable expression, which led to laugher.

" I guess so... I'm sorry, it is just your skin is so white and fair and your features are all pretty. You are beautiful as a girl, you know?"

" eh..should I say thank you?"

" I've never encountered any boy like you in my life" the boy reach his hand to Jaejoong." I'm Jung Yoonsung, 13"

"Kim Jaejoong, I'm your hyung then, since I am two years older."They shaked hands.

Yoosung gave out a friendly smile." Alright Jaejoong hyung, make yourself comfortable. We're friends now, aren't we?"

"My pleasure. Nice to meet you anyway."

"Me too"

"OPPA!" a scream broke as a girl enter the door.

"Yoonsung oppa!"

"what's the matter?" Yoonsung is annoyed that her annoying sister interrupt their friendly greeting.

"He's awake! My Prince!"

"Your Prince?"Jaejoong and Yoonsung asked at the same time.

"OF course, how can one be so pretty and handsome at the same time? He's a comlete flower boy, and he's mine. I will marry him!"

Jaejoong and Yoonsung looked at each other in bewilderment, while holding their hands from their friendly handshake.