Rain

Definitely

“Dinner’s ready!” Dongwoon called the other members to eat. It was his turn to cook and he managed to come up with some kimchi stew and bulgogi. Doojoon, Hyunseung and Gikwang sat down and sighed happily as they smelled the aroma of their long awaited dinner.

“Where’s Yoseob and Junhyung? We can’t start without them.” Doojoon said.

“Yoseob’s in the bathroom. Please can we just eat now? I’m starving!” Gikwang whined.

“Guys, where’s Junhyungie?” Yoseob suddenly popped up acting antsy.

“Dunno, hyung. Haven’t seen him all day.” Dongwoon said, wondering why Yoseob wasn’t with rapper like they usually do every day off.

“Maybe he’s still in the recording studio, Seobbie. He’ll probably be back soon. Let’s just eat dinner and he’ll probably come home while we’re eating.” Hyunseung motioned Yoseob to sit beside him and the visual maknae reluctantly did. Yoseob glanced at Doojoon. The leader just shrugged.

.: :.

They finished dinner at 7 and still no Junhyung. Yoseob was getting worried and everybody tried to call Junhyung but the line wouldn’t get through. That only made Yoseob worried even more.

“Hyung, I tried calling the recording studio but they said that Junhyung wasn’t there. He didn’t even visit at all!” Hyunseung told Doojoon who only nodded. He knew the rapper never went there and so did Yoseob.

“I’ll try to call Hara, maybe he’s with her.” Yoseob said a little panicky. He quickly dialed Hara’s phone and waited impatiently for the girl to pick it up.

Yoboseyo?” The sweet voice of the girl said.

“Hara, this is Yoseob. Is Junhyung with you?”

Ah, oppa! No, he’s not with me. I thought you guys are having dinner together? At least that was what he told me.” A group of girls’ voice was heard in the background, proving that Hara was in her dorm with the rest of KARA.

“When did he tell you? Did you talk to him over the phone?” Yoseob was biting his nails now.

No, he texted me sometime around 3. Is he in trouble?” Worry was starting to show in Hara’s voice and Yoseob hated making people worry.

“No need to worry, Hara. He’s probably out of battery. I’ll talk to you soon, okay? Come and hang out whenever you’re free!” Doojoon who was sitting in front of Yoseob rolled his eyes and Yoseob glared at him.

Okay, oppa. Please tell me when you’ve found him.”  Yoseob hung up and he sighed.

“Not with Hara?” Gikwang asked. Yoseob shook his head and dialed Junhyung’s number again. He prayed to God, hoping Junhyung would pick up but it wouldn’t get through. He tried over and over again, stopping only to send Junhyung a message. The endless attempt went on for hours.

.: :.

“I can’t do this anymore, I have to look for him.” Yoseob got up, put on his hoodie and ran off before anyone could stop him. It was already 9 and still no news from Junhyung. Everybody had tried to call Junhyung’s friend and their sunbae but no one knew where Junhyung went.

“We have to go look for him too. Hyunseung hyung, you should stay here in case he comes back.” Dongwoon also put on his jacket and headed out the door with Gikwang.

“We’ll be back soon. Call us if he’s back.” Doojoon took his car keys and took off, leaving Hyunseung who was still clutching his phone, trying to call anyone else that might know where Junhyung was.

Yoseob ran to every single place he could ever think of. Junhyung’s favorite café, Junhyung’s favorite music store, the park, the supermarket, even the bookstore. The cold wind blew and it chilled him to the bone. Perhaps running around at night while sweating and wearing not enough layer of clothing was a bad mistake but still Yoseob searched every nook and crannies for Junhyung.

Doojoon searched to farther places since he took his car. But everywhere he went he just didn’t catch a glimpse of Junhyung. Dongwoon and Gikwang’s search was also futile and they came back to the dorm at 10.30. Just when they entered the dorm, the rain started pouring hard.

“Did you find him?” Hyunseung asked them. They just shook their heads no and sat on the couch. “Where could he be…”

“Is Yoseob back yet?” Dongwoon asked. Hyunseung gasped and started panicking.

“Oh my God, he didn’t take an umbrella! He might be soaking wet by now!” Hyunseung grabbed his phone and called Doojoon straight away.

Yoboseyo? Is he back already?” Thunder rumbled and the rain got even worse.

“Doojoon hyung! Yoseob might be running around in the rain right now, please go look for him! He left his cell phone and I don’t know how to reach him.” Hyunseung said in a hurry but clear enough for Doojoon to get the message.

What?! Okay, I’ll go look for him.” Doojoon hung up and hit the gas. He loved each one of the members, but at that time he was cursing Junhyung. Doojoon drove around, looking for Yoseob now instead of Junhyung. Screw Junhyung and whatever he was doing. “Damn you, Junhyung.”

.: :.

It had been a long night. Midnight and B2ST was 3 members short. Hyunseung told the other two members to go to sleep since they were tired after running around but they both declined and tried to stay up with Hyunseung. Gikwang and Dongwoon tried their best to keep their eyes opened, but in the end they fell asleep on the couch, lulled by the sound of the rain.

Hyunseung was also drained from such emotional roller coaster. When he was about to go to sleep, the sound of the door closing woke him up. He ran to the door, only to see Doojoon hanging his head down low.

“I couldn’t find Yoseob.” Silence and tension filled the air. Hyunseung knew Doojoon was having a hard time.

“I’ll make some coffee.” Hyunseung led Doojoon to the kitchen and made him sit down. He grabbed two cups and brewed them some strong coffee.

“I’m a bad leader.” Doojoon stared blankly at the table. He felt useless at that time.

“You are not a bad leader, Yoon Doojoon. Don’t blame yourself.” Hyunseung put down the warm coffee in front of Doojoon who only stared at it. Hyunseung sighed and grabbed Doojoon’s hands, gently making him hold the coffee cup. However Hyunseung’s hands stayed there, on top of Doojoon’s.

“Thank you.” Doojoon whispered.

The door opened and a loud thud was heard.

Doojoon and Hyunseung ran to the door.

Yoseob was there sitting on the floor, soaking wet and crying.

“I couldn’t find him. Hyung, I couldn’t find Junhyung. What should I do… Hyung what should I do?” Yoseob was sobbing uncontrollably, shivers shook his body. Hyunseung quickly brought a towel and tried to dry Yoseob who was carried by Doojoon to his room. Yoseob’s body was so very cold, Hyunseung could only hope that changing Yoseob’s clothes and wrapping him in a thick blanket would warm him up really soon.

“Seob, he’ll be back. Don’t worry. Everything’s going to be okay.” Doojoon whispered comforting words but Yoseob couldn’t stop crying. Gikwang and Dongwoon were woken up by Hyunseung and they came to Yoseob’s room, trying to cheer him up.

“Yeah, go to sleep, hyung. You really need it…” Dongwoon felt really bad for not trying hard enough, so did Gikwang. They all stayed in Yoseob’s room, accompanying the boy until sleep took over him.

“You guys should go to sleep too. It’s been a long day. I’ll stay up and wait for Junhyung.” Doojoon being the leader had to take care of things and he didn’t want anyone to hear the things he had to say to Junhyung. The rest of the members nodded and headed to bed.

.: :.

Two in the morning. Junhyung finally came back to the dorm. He took off his shoes and noticed the puddle of water that Yoseob left. He looked up and saw Doojoon with a murderous glare looking straight at him.

“Where have you been?” Doojoon was mad, Junhyung could tell.

“Sorry, I was at my cousin’s house.”

“You could’ve called.” Junhyung walked past Doojoon and headed to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and he was surprised to see that someone stocked up his precious Coca Cola.

“I’m sorry, Doojoon. That kind of slipped my mind.” Junhyung opened the can and gulped down the Cola. “Man, this is good!”

“Stop ing around, Junhyung.” Junhyung was surprised by Doojoon’s choice of word.

“Woah, chill out. I won’t do it again, promise.” Doojoon’s blood was boiling. How could this guy be so ignorant, he thought.

“Are you ing kidding me?! We were worried sick! I drove around trying to look for you, Gikwang and Dongwoon also looked for you! Yoseob was running in the pouring rain trying to find you for hours and you shrug it off just like that?!” Doojoon shouted. Hyunseung suddenly walked into the kitchen, worry etched on his face.

“Well what do you want me to do? I said sorry already, okay! I’ll call next time!” Junhyung raised his voice as well.

“Yoseob went through that door, soaking wet, crying because he couldn’t find you! He was so worried he called almost everyone he knew, asking where you were! Don’t you have any idea what you made him feel, Junhyung? Any slightest idea? He cried for hours! All those ing tears, just for you!” Junhyung felt a pang in his heart.

Yoseob did that? Then he must really love me. But why would he go that far? Why? Why am I also hurting? What have I done?

“I’m tired, Doojoon.” Junhyung tried to walk away, but Doojoon grabbed him and gave him a punch. Junhyung fell down, wiping the blood from his split lip. Doojoon charged at Junhyung but Hyunseung stopped him.

“Doojoon, no! Stop it! It’s been a long night, please just rest. At least he’s back now, right? So please just stop…” Doojoon glared at Junhyung, as if he was disgusted by the sight of him. Then he walked away, leaving Junhyung and Hyunseung in the kitchen.

“Hey, Hyunseung thanks for the Coke.” Junhyung stood up and grabbed a tissue to wipe the blood off his hands.

“Don’t thank me. It was Yoseob.” Hyunseung left the kitchen and headed for Doojoon’s room.

“… .”

Nobody cleaned the spilled Coke on the floor.


A/N : This is such an angsty chapter. It's a pretty long one though. Sorry for making Junhyung look like a really bad guy :S Comments, anyone?