The World is an Unfair Place PART 2

Adonis Camp II

 

Shindong bent over with his head between his knees, panting heavily as he tried to regain his breath. He’d ducked into a random shop as soon as he’d put some distance between himself and the crazy fangirls. Even now, he could hear their frantic shouts as they tried to locate him. He knew it was only a matter of time before they found him.

He finally straightened, running a hand through his sweaty hair. He had three options. He could try to complete the mission right now in this shop, before the fangirls found him. Or, he could take his chances by trying to run away to a safer location, and then continue his mission. Finally, he could call his manager and give up. Right now, he was heavily leaning towards the last option.

But, it wouldn’t hurt to try one last time, right? He glanced around the shop, looking a potential third and final target. His eyes settled on a middle-aged man in his late thirties or early forties who was looking at him curiously, his gaze flickering from him to the screaming fans outside. Shindong took a deep breath, braced himself, and approached the man cautiously.

“Trying to escape from your fans, huh? Even though I don’t know you, you seem pretty popular,” the man chuckled. Shindong opened his mouth in surprise, not expecting the man to strike up conversation first. And better yet, he didn’t know who he was!

“N-neh,” he responded, “I love them all, but they can be a bit…much at times.” He bit his lip, trying to figure out the best way to ask for money, once again not expecting the man to speak first.

“Anything I can do to help?” the man asked, his tone suggesting he was sincerely concerned.

Shindong’s eyes widened. This was too easy! “Well, I don’t have my wallet with me and I don’t have any money for transportation…” he began, intently watching the man’s reaction.

“Ohh!” the man nodded in understanding. “Would you like to use my phone to call someone to pick you up?”

‘Crap!’ Shindong thought. ‘I need to make up an excuse! I’m too close to give up!’

“U-Um, about that…” Shindong stuttered, his brain working in overtime. “…I, uh, well, I’d rather my manager and company didn’t find out about this.” He scratched his head, trying to look embarrassed.

The man chuckled again, and Shindong let out a sigh of relief. “But of course, I didn’t think about that. How much do you need for transportation?”

Shindong was once again shocked by the man’s kindness. “Really? You’d do that? Um, I only need 11,000 Won,” Shindong replied, his voice shaking.

“I think I can spare that,” the man smiled at Shindong, his eyes twinkling as he thumbed through his own wallet. “Here you go! Don’t worry about returning the favor or anything like that.”

Shindong suddenly felt a sense of guilt welling up inside him, feeling as if he was taking advantage of this man’s kindness. He bowed, a full ninety degrees. “Thank you so much for this, sir. You really saved me today.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll just consider it my random act of kindness for the day,” the man waved it off as if it were nothing. “You might want to get going, though, before those teenage girls catch you!”

Shindong could only grin, staring at the money in his hand.

 

~*~*~

While Shindong was getting his daily exercise from running, the rest of Super Junior and the filming crew were eating lunch in a rather modest looking noodle restaurant.

“Ahh, poor Shindongie’s missing out!” Heechul sniggered. “This stuff is almost as good as Ryeowookie’s cooking!”

“Wonder what he’s doing right now,” Eunhyuk commented as he munched on his salad. “He has a pretty hard mission! I mean, who’d just give a stranger 11,000 Won?”

“Well, since noona said if he doesn’t succeed, he won’t get lunch, I’m pretty sure he’ll be okay,” Leeteuk said confidently.

“Speaking of lunch,” Inyoung cut in, “it’s time for the next phase of splitting teams to start!”

“But noona, we just got our food! We’re not done eating yet!” Sungmin whined. “I’m still hungry!”

“Don’t worry, you don’t have to stop eating yet,” Inyoung reassured. “But while you’re eating, you should all figure out your partners for the next game! Choose carefully, because you and your partner will for sure be on the same team together for the rest of the show. Well, unless you lose of course!”

“I call Ryeowook-hyung!” Kyuhyun blurted out almost immediately. “He’s the best cook so he’s mine!”

“Yah, Kyu, I don’t wanna be your partner!” Ryeowook protested. “If you cooked, you’d probably end up poisoning everyone, including yourself!”

“Which is why you should be on my team, so I won’t have to cook,” Kyuhyun reasoned.

“But I don’t WANT to cook for you!”

“I don’t care who gets Ryeowook, but Hannie’s mine!” Heechul declared. “I want to eat Beijing fried rice EVERY DAY!” He paused, thinking. “Oh, and I DON’T want to be Siwon’s partner! I don’t want to wake every morning to preaching!”

“Hyung…” Siwon’s voice trailed off, hurt. “But I thought we were SiHanChul!”

It didn’t take long before the heated debate turned into heated shouting, and the food was forgotten.

“BUT WHATEVER TEAM DONGHAE’S ON ALWAYS LOSES!”

“I CALL SUNGMIN HE ALWAYS WINS!”

“I CALLED HIM FIRST!”

“I CALLED HIM LAST SO I HAVE THE LAST SAY!”

“IT DOESN’T WORK THAT WAY! HE’S MINE!!”

“I AM NOT A THING!”

Leeteuk watched the chaotic scene with a helpless look on his face. He cleared his throat.

“Guys, how about we just—”

“I’M THE HYUNG SO YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME!”

“I’M THE DONGSAENG SO YOU SHOULD SPOIL ME!”

Leeteuk massaged his temples. “GUYS! Can we PLEASE just talk like CIVILIZED—”

“WHY ARE YOU SUCH A NINCOMPOOP?”

“YOU’RE THE POOPY FACE!”

“NO, YOU ARE!”

“YOU ARE!”

“AHJUSSI!”

“AHJUMMA!”

“FART FACE!”

“FISH FACE!”

“HEY THAT’S MY NICKNAME!”

Leeteuk had enough.

~FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

Just like last time, the members clapped their hands over their ears, and gradually became quiet (after much swearing).

“Did you really have to use that horribly annoying whistle?” Kangin grumbled.

“Yes, you wouldn’t listen!” Leeteuk glared, but then sighed, looking from member to member. “Guys, it shouldn’t be this difficult. How about we just go with the fanservice pairings? That’ll make the fans happy, and it’s easy.”

“But—”

“No buts,” Leeteuk glared around the table. “I guess I was just suggesting it, but now I’m ordering it. No buts, that’s what we’re doing.”

“Fine with me!” Heechul said happily. “I still get my Beijing fried rice!”

“Wait, so am I with Kibum then?” Siwon asked for clarification.

“Well, let’s see. Kangteuk, Eunhae, Hanchul, Yewook, and Kyumin are kind of a given,” Leeteuk listed. “That leaves Zhoumi, Henry, Siwon, and Kibum. So yep, it’ll be Zhoury and Sibum, both popular fan pairings anyways.”

There were grumbles, as well as cheers from the various members, but none dared to protest against their angered leader. He may be a wingless angel, but when he was angered, he was scarier than the devil himself.

“So, the partners are all settled now?” Inyoung questioned. After getting an affirmation, she picked up her MC cards, and centered up in front of the camera.

“Alright, then!” she chirped, “time for the second game to commence! The game is called ‘Say it Backwards!’ Basically, you say a word/phrase, and the next person has to say it backwards! They then go on to say another word/phrase normally, and the next must say it backwards. For example, if I start, I could say ‘DongBangShinKi’, and the person after me would have to say ‘KiShinBangDong’. We will pat and clap out a beat to follow. Since you guys are all in partners, you will choose one of you to participate in the game first. If the first person messes up, then the second person will take their place. The first partnership where both people fail loses. Get it?”

“Yeah, but that’s not fair!” Henry exclaimed. “Zhoumi and I are both bad at Korean! What if you guys say something really hard or a word we don’t even know?”

“Hmm, you’ve got a point,” Inyoung agreed. “How about we all promise to say only words/phrases that are common and easy? Fair enough?”

“I guess,” Henry relented, not having much choice either way.

“Okay! Figure out who’s going first, and let’s start! Only say words that are 4 syllables, and we’ll go from there.”

After some debating, the first group was Kangin, Donghae, Hangeng, Yesung, Sungmin, Siwon, and Henry.

“I’m going to give the first word, and then we’ll go in a circle,” Inyoung instructed. “Ready? Okay! SaRangHaeO.”

“OHaeRangSa,” Kangin replied easily. “KamSamNiDa.”

“DaNiSamKam,” Sungmin chanted. “YeoBoSeYo.”

“YoSeY-B-BoYeo,” Hangeng stuttered, wincing when he messed up.

“Ahh, I’m very sorry Hangeng-ssi, but I think you’re out,” Inyoung said apologetically. “Heechul, you switch in and start the game.”

“Aish, I shoulda known you wouldn’t last long,” Heechul complained, but smirked as he took Hangeng’s spot. “But I’m not gonna go down so easily. JalJiNaeYo.”

“YoJalNaeJi,” Donghae stated confidently. “Gwe—”

“You’re out!” Heechul crowed triumphantly, while Donghae furrowed his brow in confusion.

“Why? I said it right, didn’t I?” He refused to budge when Heechul attempted to push him out of his spot.

“Yeah, right! It’s YoNaeJiJal! The only syllable you got right was the first Yo,” Heechul laughed. “Sorry Hae, but you can’t beat me!”

“Why do I always lose?” Donghae pouted as he finally stood up to switch with Eunhyuk. “Sorry Hyukjae, fighting! You can do this!” he cheered, his mood immediately swinging.

“I won’t lose,” Eunhyuk assured confidently, showing off his gummy smile. “I start, right? UlMaYeYo.”

“YoYeMaUl,” Yesung said with a little difficulty. “MiAnHaeO.”

“OAn, I mean Hae, um, AnMi?” Henry stammered, flustered. “Ack, dang it, I messed up!” He blew out all the air from his cheeks, glaring at Yesung reproachfully. “I don’t like this game! I don’t wanna play anymore!” he declared childishly.

“Yeah, well, you’re already out anyways,” Zhoumi pointed out as he joined the game. Henry only sulked.

“Um, so, SoNyeoShiDae?” Zhoumi started off uncertainly.

“DaeShiNyeoSo,” Siwon nodded his head to the beat, smiling slightly as he continued.

The game went on, going in a full circle without incident. The pace increased, causing Yesung to finally be eliminated. Ryeowook quickly took his place.

“BoNaManA,” he chanted.

“ANaManBo?” Zhoumi face-palmed the second the words left his mouth. “Aiyah! I messed up…” He sighed, lifting his head to look at Henry apologetically. On the other hand, all the other members were cheering and high-fiving each other, glad they weren’t eliminated.

“It’s okay Gege, you lasted longer than I did,” Henry comforted. He glared at all his hyungs who were celebrating. “But I don’t think the game’s fair!” he complained, using his puppy dog eyes on Inyoung. “Couldn’t we have played a different game?”

“NO! You guys lost, fair and square. Let’s just move on already,” Heechul complained impatiently, throwing an arm around Hangeng.

“Sorry, Henry, but that’s just the way things are,” Inyoung shrugged, although her eyes showed sympathy. “Things aren’t always fair.”

“Besides, how could’ve you gotten that word wrong of all words? It was our fourth album!” Donghae exclaimed, clearly unhappy.

“Hey, you shouldn’t be talking! I lasted longer than you!” Zhoumi defended himself. “And plus, it was your album, not mine!”

“So? You should know about it!” Donghae argued, his pride wounded.

“Knowing about it and being able to say it backwards is a completely different thing!” Henry cut in, still feeling upset about losing. He stuck his tongue out at Donghae, making a face.

“Hey! It’s not my fault your Korean is y!” Donghae crossed his arms, and made a face back at Henry.

“Well your Chinese too! And so does your English!” Henry shot back, not giving in.

“Well, your—”

“I’M BACK!” Shindong hollered as he stepped into the restaurant, waving his 11,000 Won excitedly. “Where’s lunch?”  

His grin faded as he took in the scene in front of him. Henry was covering his ears, chanting “Blah blah blah blah I can’t hear you!” in English, while Donghae was attempting to pry his hands off his ears, screaming “MY CHINESE DOESN’T ! EVEN THE FANS SAY SO!”

Shindong turned around, looking for the other members. They were all sitting at a different table, finishing off the previously forgotten food. His eyes lit up, immediately joining them.

“Hey, do you think it’s okay to just leave them like that?” Shindong asked, his mouth full of ramyun, his eyebrow raised as he watched Henry and Donghae.

“Kids will be kids,” Hangeng said wisely. “Why bother?”

“I agree.” Inyoung smiled in amusement, resting her chin in her hands. “Let Henry have his fun before the punishment starts.”

“Wait WHAT?!” Zhoumi spluttered, spitting water all over the table.

“Oi, watch it!” Kangin growled menacingly, but Zhoumi paid him no attention.

“Since when was there a punishment?!”

“There are always punishments for losing,” Inyoung tutted. “You should know that!”

“But WHYYYYYY?” Henry wailed, overhearing their conversation. “This is SO UNFAIR!”

Inyoung smirked. “Since when was the world fair?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: You guys get another early update! :D LOL. I honestly don't think this chapter was all that funny, but I tried. :/ Sorry if I bored you....

Thanks to all of you who commented, that's the reason for this early update. ^_^ A lot love and thanks to r3diavolo89 for your support, I love you unnie!  ~huggle~ If you're a Yesung lover (like me) go check out her fics!!! Also, justme123 and bumranger89, you guys ROCK with your consistent comments, you guys make my day. <3

Also, you absolutely have  to check out this fic. It's kind of crime/mafia/mystery (and of course suju), but it's soooooo well written, it makes me feel ilke a failure as an author. T_T The plot, too, is so intricate and full of twists, it makes my head spin (in a good way of course). Don't be put off by the fact that none of the Suju members so up at first, once they do it's AWE-mazing! The two OCs that she came up with are also amazing, definitely not your typical "Mary Sue" OC. It'd definitely one of my favorites. <3

*All the Korean used in the game, I got from googling "common korean phrases" on google. I absolutely DO NOT speak Korean at all, so do forgive me for any mistakes. Any Korean I do know, came from watching too much Suju. xD

Anyyyyways, that's all for now! Maybe, if I'm in the mood for writing, I'll update again this weekend. But that depends on you guys, too! I typically feel like writing when I get comments. *hint hint*