Shopping Time Part I

Adonis Camp II

 

*DOUBLE UPDATE ALERT!*

*Well, not exactly a double update. It's just the last chapter was "lost" due to AFF's maintenance before most of you were able to read it, so just go back and double check that you've read it. I got tired of waiting for it to be restored, so I just re-uped it. Enjoy, and please ignore the errors!*

 

 

~*~*~

Leeteuk watched contentedly as his “sons” chatted and horsed around on the bus. He couldn’t even remember the last time the fifteen of them had so much fun all together. They had their moments, but it was always amidst the chaos of dashing from one schedule to the next. To be able to completely relax and goof off, even for one day, was pure bliss.

His brow furrowed slightly when his gaze landed on his sister. Well, not completely relax, he supposed. That would be too good to be true. Being a previous Adonis Camp participant, he knew only too well the well-hidden horrors of the variety show. One of them being—

“Grocery shopping time, guys!” Leeteuk inwardly cringed at his sisters words. If he remembered correctly…

“But first, hand over your wallets, bags, man-purses, fanny packs whatever you have!” Inyoung instructed. “Can’t let you guys cheat, can we?”

“Awww, not again!” Sungmin groaned as he reluctantly dug out his wallet. “How much money do we get this time?”

“And none of us have man-purses or fanny packs!” Zhoumi griped. “That would be a complete trespass on Super Junior’s fashion image! I would NOT allow it!”

“…But isn’t this a man-purse?” Inyoung asked, confused, as she dangled Zhoumi’s supposedly-not-a-man-purse-thingamajig from two fingers.

“No, it’s not!” Zhoumi reiterated. “It’s a bag! A handbag! For men! And it’s Gucci! NOT a man-purse!”

“Goo-chi?” Sungmin scratched his head. “That sounds like a kind of pudding.”

“Yeah, yeah, same thing,” Inyoung waved them off, piling all the wallets and “bags” in a box near the front of the bus. “So, to answer Sungmin’s question from earlier, each team gets 50,000 won!”

“50,000 won for what?” Henry asked, exasperated. “How come I never get what’s going on?”

“50,000 for food for one week!” Inyoung ignored the chorus of groans that followed her statement. “You guys got 30,000 won last time, so stop complaining!”

“That’s because we had less people last time!” Eunhyuk rebutted. “It was nearly impossible then, and it’s almost completely impossible this time! Isn’t there like, inflation or something?”

“Oh boo-hoo, stop whining, you’ll be fine,” Inyoung shook her head, trying to keep a straight face. “Besides, just like last time, if you do this, the money you save goes to an orphanage! So just it up, okay? If you guys really start running low on food, you can always steal from each other, remember?”

“I only remember too well…” Leeteuk groaned. Screw what he was thinking earlier. This was not going to be relaxing, not one tiny bit.

 

 

~*~*~

“I say we stop somewhere, sit down, and plan things out first before we even think about buying anything.” Leeteuk ordered. He’d decided that if he had to go through all this torture again, it would be on his terms, and hopefully he would be able to minimize the damage.

The famous idols, Super Junior, had now arrived in another suburban town. It was evening now, with the streetlamps already alight and the sun slowing descending below the horizon. The production team had provided them with boxed dinners on the bus, and now they’d been “released” into the town to do their own shopping. The three teams had each been given five 10,000 won bills, caps and sunglasses as “disguises”, three cameramen, and the knowledge that there were multiple grocery stores throughout the town that they could shop in. They were not given, however, any means of navigation or transportation. Leeteuk already knew that this would be a disaster.

“I agree,” Hangeng nodded. “If we only have 50,000 won to spend, every single won counts.”

“Not to mention we have absolutely no idea where anything is in this town! What if we get lost? And if we run into Saesang fans?” Leeteuk fretted.

“Ahjussi, stop worrying so much! You’ll get more wrinkles that way. We’ll be fine, don’t forget I’m here!” Heechul ran a hand through his hair confidently, earning a glare from Leeteuk.

“Let’s sit down over there,” Kangin suggested, pointing towards a small café.

“So, we should make a list of all the things we need to buy,” Leeteuk got right down to business the second they sat down.

“Hey, aren’t I supposed to be the leader?” Kangin cut in, a slightly smug look on his face.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened slightly, but then nodded. “Okay, so what do you think we should do?”

“Well….uh…we should make a list of absolute essentials first?”

“Isn’t that what Leeteuk-hyung just said?” Zhoumi pointed out.

Kangin flushed slightly. “Whatever. Hangeng, you’re the most experienced cook here, what do you think?”
Hangeng bit his lip as he considered how to answer. “Well, first off, we should buy food that doesn’t spoil easily. We should probably buy a lot of instant noodles first because they’re cheap and don’t spoil, not to mention convenient. I’d say we should probably spend 15,000 on that.”

“Okay, that leaves 35,000 won. What else?” Kangin prompted, writing “Instant Noodles” down.

“We should probably buy a small amount of pork and chicken, or maybe sausages that we can put in the freezer. That’s more expensive, so maybe we should spend about 10,000 to 15,000 won on that? And, we should probably buy two dozen eggs, too.”

“So that leaves 20,000 won, roughly?” Leeteuk calculated quickly in his head. “We could probably buy some cereal and vegetables or fruit with that. And, if there’s any left over, some milk.”

“Yah, what about snacks?” Heechul in. “You know, chips and stuff?”

Hangeng sent Heechul a dubious look. “We have 50,000 won to survive the entire week and you want chips? Weren’t you listening to how we broke everything down?”

Heechul scowled. “Of course I was. You guys are being practical, but not realistic. How in the world are we supposed to survive an entire week on only noodles, eggs, cereal, vegetables, and occasionally some meat? You guys crazy?!”

“Well, what else are we supposed to survive on? Chips, beef jerky, and ice cream?” Kangin shot back.

Heechul exhaled sharply through his teeth in frustration, eyes flickering over to the cameras briefly. He his lips, then casually covered his mouth with his hand as if he was thinking. In reality, he was whispering, in a voice too soft for the cameras to pick up.

“I was thinking we should use our own money. I refuse to live like that!” he hissed. He then removed his hand, and in a much louder voice, declared, “Why not? I see no problem doing that! We’ll get by.”

Leeteuk, Kangin, Zhoumi, and Hangeng stared at Heechul as if he’d just grown a second head.

“H-Hyung, are you crazy?” Zhoumi stuttered, the idea of cheating scaring him. “H-How?”

Heechul pretended to look slightly stumped, slipping his hand over his mouth again. “I was prepared. I kept one of my personal credit cards. Just keep playing along so I don’t look suspicious.” He once again removed his hand, now sporting an exasperated scowl. “Well, I’d rather survive on chips than on instant noodles the entire week!”

This time, Kangin decided to answer, not trusting his other teammates keep up with the double-talk and act well at the same time. He was interested in Heechul’s idea. “Heechul-ah, we’re idols, don’t forget that. We have an image to keep up! Are you seriously gonna insist on us buying comfort foods instead?!”

Heechul rolled his eyes, then did a dramatic face-palm, once again successfully covering his mouth. “You four just need to keep those three cameramen distracted and occupied, and I’ll just slip off to shop. If they notice I’m gone, just say I went to the bathroom. I’ll take care of the rest. Arasso?” Lifting his head, he nearly screamed, “I don’t care! Are you with me or not?!”

Leeteuk, Kangin, Zhoumi, and Hangeng looked at each other nervously, contemplating what to do. It’d be all fun and dandy if they succeeded, but if they were caught…

An image of Inyoung cackling evilly surfaced in Leeteuk’s mind, and he shivered involuntarily. But still, if they could pull it off, it’d be one less thing he’d need to worry about. Besides, it was Heechul that would be paying for everything! With that thought, he quickly made eye contact with Kangin, who’d seemingly come to a similar conclusion.

“Okay, Heechul, YES I’m SURE WE ALL AGREE it will be painfully difficult, but I say no to the junk food as the team leader,” Kangin stated with finality. “Let’s go.”

Heechul sighed, but a smirk tugged at his lips. Kangin had stressed a couple of key words, and he understood their real answer. And with Big Space Star Kim Heechul, it would be impossible for them to fail.

“Fine…let’s go.”

 

 

~*~*~

“Okay, so should we make a plan of what we’re going to buy?” Kibum asked uncertainly.

“Yeah, I agree. We also need to find a grocery store,” Siwon added.

“Oh, look, there’s one over there! And over there!” Donghae exclaimed, gesturing to various stores across the street.”

“Woah! This is way too easy!” Eunhyuk laughed. “Let’s go to that one!”

“Okay hyung, but shouldn’t we plan first?” Kibum tried again as Siwon nodded in agreement.

“Nahhh, let’s just go first! Come on!” Donghae whined dragging Shindong and Eunhyuk across the street with him.

“Yeah, let’s just go. Planning’s boring anyways,” Shindong agreed, his eyes glued to the convenience store.

“But…” Kibum attempted to protest, before shaking his head in resignation. “Never mind…let’s go, Siwon-hyung.

“It’s okay, you know Eunhyuk and Donghae just tend to be a bit ADHD,” Siwon clapped Kibum on the shoulder in support before following the hyperactive duo into the store. “And Shindongie-hyung always has a soft spot for food.”

The store appeared to be relatively empty, to Kibum’s relief. Siwon grabbed a shopping cart, because Donghae had obviously neglected to. But upon seeing the cart, his face lit up as if it was Christmas.

“Oh oh oh! Siwonnie, can you push me in the cart? Please? I’ve always wanted to do that but Leeteuk-hyung would never let me…” Donghae practically begged, his bottom lip jutting out cutely.

Siwon only chuckled. “Okay fine, but only for a little bit, okay?”

Donghae cheered, scrambling into the cart like monkey. As soon as he was seated with his knees against his chest, Siwon began to push the cart down the aisle towards the fresh produce section.

“Okay, that’s a bit much, even for me,” Eunhyuk couldn’t help but grin at the sight of Donghae telling Siwon to go faster. “He’s such a kid!”

“Coming from his fellow kid partner-in-crime,” Shindong quipped, earning a playful swat from Eunhyuk. Kibum just stood there, massaging his temples tiredly.

“I’m the magnae here, but I do I feel like I’m the most mature?” he mumbled to himself. The three of them trailed behind the cart, looking for things they may potentially need.

“Oh look, look! Beef flavored Ramen!” Donghae squealed, pointing excitedly at an aisle to their right. “Let’s get some of that!” Deciding Siwon was going too slowly, he hopped out the cart nimbly and ran to the aisle.

“Don’t forget the shrimp flavored ones too!” Eunhyuk added, equally enthusiastic.

“Guys, don’t you think that’s too much?” Kibum asked skeptically as Eunhae proceeded to dump a large pile of said noodles into the waiting shopping cart. “How much is it anyways?”

“It’s okay, if it costs too much we’ll return some at checkout,” Shindong reassured Kibum while grabbing some chicken flavored noodles himself. “Don’t worry too much, it won’t get us anywhere with these two hooligans.”

“I suppose you’re right,” Kibum finally agreed. “I’ll go check out the Deli section, you guys keep looking around then, I guess.”

“I’ll go back to the fresh produce section then,” Siwon decided. “Knowing Eunhyuk and Donghae, the last thing they’ll do is pick up vegetables.”

“And I’ll stay here,” Shindong finished. “I don’t trust those two by themselves…”

As they headed off in their separate directions, something caught Eunhyuk’s eye.

“OMO is that strawberry milk?!” With two long strides Eunhyuk reached the colder dairy section, his eyes bugging out at the gallon sized carton of his favorite drink.

“AND chocolate milk!” Donghae exclaimed gleefully. “We have to get that too!”

“Um, I think we only have enough money to get one, if any at all,” Shindong informed them.

“Then we have to get the strawberry milk. It’s my favorite!” Eunhyuk said decisively, hefting the heavy container.

“NO! We always get strawberry milk! Can’t we get chocolate this time?” Donghae complained, snatching the strawberry milk away from Eunhyuk and placing it back on the shelf. Eunhyuk stared at the milk longingly.

“Please, Hae? You know it’s my favorite, and you’re my best friend, right? Please, pretty please?”

“No,” Donghae repeated stubbornly, crossing his arms. “I know it’s your favorite; we get it every time! Can’t you let me get what I want this time?”

“Yeah, I can let you get anything, except for the strawberry milk! It’s impossible for me to survive an entire week without it! I’ll have withdrawal symptoms!” Eunhyuk wailed.

“That means you’re addicted,” Donghae replied shortly. “All the more reason why we shouldn’t get it.”

Shindong , who had been watching the entire exchange rather quietly, saw that this argument was near its exploding point. It was time to step in. “Eunhyuk-ah, it’s true that we get strawberry milk every time. Can’t you let Donghae pick just once?” he scolded gently. “Who was talking someone being such a child earlier?” The second the words left his mouth, however, he knew he’d gone too far.

“I am NOT being a kid about this!” Eunhyuk looked like he was about to cry from frustration. “You all know I’m fine with whatever, except strawberry milk! Why are you guys being so mean?” he sniffled.

“N-No, it’s not that,” Shindong attempted to backpedal. “It’s just that—”

“No, wait, never mind…” A look of triumph slowly spread on Eunhyuk’s face as he dug in his pocket. “I don’t need to argue with you guys! I’m the one who has the money!”

Shindong’s eyes widened to the size of saucers as Eunhyuk waved their 50,000 won in front of Donghae’s face. ‘Shoot, who let the monkey take care of the money?!’ he thought to himself.

“Not anymore!” Donghae attempted to snatch the paper bills away, and grinned when he felt his hand close around paper. “Got it!”

“No you don’t!” Eunhyuk growled. He could feel Donghae tugging, but he too had an iron grip and began to pull in the opposite direction. “I’ve—”

~RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPP~

“—got it?” Eunhyuk looked down at his hand, seeing half of the five 10,000 won bills.

Shindong’s jaw dropped in horror as he stared at the ripped money. “Now look what you guys have done!”

“…Whoops?”

 

 

~*~*~

“So, should we get started too?” Sungmin suggested, rubbing his hands together as they watched Team 2 sit down at a café and Team 3 enter a random grocery store.

“Yeah, how about we go that way?” Ryeowook suggested, pointing away from the two other teams.

“I agree, I don’t want to run into any of the other teams,” Kyuhyun grinned. The five of them started walking at a leisurely pace down the street, glancing at the stores around them.

“We should probably make a plan first, shouldn’t we?” Sungmin mused. “Last time I did this, we kind of just winged it, but in hindsight, it probably would’ve been smarter to plan.

“That’s what Leeteukie-hyung’s team looked like they were doing,” Henry supplied.

“No really Einstein,” Kyuhyun sniggered. Henry only glared at him reproachfully.

“Kyuhyun, be nice. We can’t be fighting already,” Yesung scolded, only to earn a face from Kyuhyun himself.

“Well, since Sungminnie-hyung was ‘elected’ because of his superior experience, shouldn’t he plan?” Kyuhyun asked, smirking.

Sungmin rolled his eyes, but decided arguing would get him nowhere. “Well, basically we just need to buy cheap. Things like ramen, canned stuff, and……….”

Kyuhyun began to tune Sungmin’s voice out. They could handle the boring stuff, it wasn’t like shopping was that hard, either. He was starting to feel glad that he wasn’t leader, although he would’ve liked to boss the others around. Oh well. What he really wanted to do, though, was game right now. He glared at a camera that wasn’t currently pointed at him. If those stupid cameras weren’t there, he would be able to.

He sighed, shaking his head. Something else that was annoying the heck out of him was the stupid wool hat he had to wear for a “disguise”. It was summer, for God’s sake! It was hot, itchy, not mention ugly! Deciding that he couldn’t stand it any longer, he pulled the hat off his head, ruffling his hair immediately afterwards. ‘Ahhhh, so much better,’ he thought to himself.

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, put that hat back on!” Sungmin hissed in an undertone. “Do you want to eaten alive by fangirls?”

“Pshhhh of course not,” Kyuhyun denied. “This hat is just horribly uncomfortable. Besides, don’t you think it’s obvious enough with three cameras trailing us everywhere? If there was any ELF here, they would’ve recognized us already. If you’re really that scared of being recognized, then—”

“KYAAAAAA IS THAT KYUNHYUNNIE-OPPA?!”

“OMO AND SUNGMIN AND YESUNG OPPA!!”

“HENRY-OPPA! I LOVE YOU!”

“RYEOWOOKIE-OPPA~ MARRY ME~”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened. “Shoot!” He sent apologetic looks to the other members. “Um…run?”

Within seconds, the fangirls were upon them, screeching, professing their love, asking for pictures and autographs. And the five men? They turned tail and ran blindly in whatever direction they could, grabbing onto whoever they could.

 

 

~*~*~

“I think we lost them,” Ryeowook panted, collapsing on the ground. “We better have, because I’m too tired to run any further.”

“Thank God,” Henry wheezed, clutching his sides. “Those fangirls are insane. Not mention fast runners! It’s like they’re professional stalkers or something!”

While Ryeowook and Henry were dying from the exertion, Sungmin had more or less recovered and began to look around. Something seemed to be missing…

He fished through his pocket, and was relieved to find the money, as well as his own cell phone. He glanced around again. Even the three camera men had kept up. Suddenly it hit him.

“But, uh, guys? Where’s Kyuhyun and Yesung-hyung?” Sungmin asked timidly, almost scared of the answer.

“They were right behind…” Henry trailed off, since it was rather obvious that neither of his hyungs were behind him. “Uh…”

“I’ll try calling them,” Ryeowook swiftly pulled out his cellphone and pressed it to his ear. A few moments later, he frowned. “Kyuhyun’s  phone is off…I’ll try Yesungie-hyung’s.”

They all held their breath as Ryeowook tried again. His eyes lit up when the call went through.

“Yesungie-hyung?”

But once again, his expression became solemn. “Oh, okay. Sorry to bother you…”

“Well, what?” Sungmin demanded impatiently.

“It seems like Yesung-hyung left his phone on the bus…Inyoung-noona picked up,” Ryeowook explained dejected. “So what do we do now?”

The three looked at each other uncertainly. “Uh…”

“Well, for starters, do we even know where we are?” Sungmin said finally. Henry’s eyes widened.

“Holy crap no! We’re lost! What do we do? I can’t even read Korean well, what do we do?” Henry panicked. “I don’t want to die here!”

“Pabo! You’ve got me and Sungmin-hyung, right? We’ll be fine,” Ryeowook tried to comfort Henry, but it seemed like he was merely reassuring himself.

“But we don’t even have a map! Or a GPS! AND we don’t have money!” Henry continued to ramble, clutching his head. “We’re doomed! I want to go back to Canada! Korea’s too scaryyyyy!”

“We’ll be okay,” Sungmin joined Ryeowook in an attempt to calm their now hysterical magnae. “Let’s just start walking, okay? I’m sure we’ll find someone to ask for help.

“But Yesung-hyung! He’s lost! And Kyuhyun-hyung too! What if they get eaten by monsters? Or captured by the fangirls? Or fall into a pit that goes to the center of the Earth that’s full of green, fuzzy—”

“I’m sure they’ll be fine,” Sungmin repeated, and with the help of Ryeowook, began to drag the blabbering Canadian down the street.

 

 

~*~*~

So, what really happened to Kyuhyun and Yesung? Fortunately neither had fallen to the center of the Earth. Rather, Yesung, being his clumsy self, slipped in a puddle in his haste to escape the fangirls, and managed to drag Kyuhyun down with him. The fangirls didn’t even notice as they continued to chase after Henry, Ryeowook, and Sungmin, leaving the two behind, sitting in a puddle.

“Yah, now look what you’ve done,” Kyuhyun complained. “I’m all wet now, and we’re separated from everyone else. Not to mention lost.”

Yesung scratched his head sheepishly. “Sorry, I slipped.”

“No, really?” Kyuhyun replied sarcastically as stood up. “Now what do we do?”

“Um, I don’t—AHHH!” Yesung had attempted to stand up also, only to slip again.

“Yah, careful!” Kyuhyun grabbed the front of Yesung’s shirt, pulling him upright. “Seriously, you’re like the definition of clumsiness!”

“Sorry,” Yesung apologized again and attempted to dust himself off. “Well, on the bright side, we don’t have any more fangirls chasing us!”

“Some bright side,” Kyuhyun grumbled. “Do you have your phone? Mine died earlier since I was playing games on it. I couldn’t use my PSP because we were on camera.”

“Of course you did,” Yesung rolled his eyes. “I think I do…oh wait I don’t,” he corrected himself after failing to find it in his pocket. “I think I left it on the bus in my bag…”

“Are you serious?” Kyuhyun face-palmed. “What have you gotten us into? We’re lost, we have no money, and we have no way to get help?!”

“Hey, it’s not all my fault. Blame the fangirls.” Yesung was starting to get tired of being spoken to informally. “Besides, you were the one that caused us to get recognized in the first place. It’s just as much your fault.”

“Fine, whatever,” Kyuhyun said irritably. “So, once again, what do we do now?”

“Why don’t we just ask for directions?” Yesung suggested.

“Yeah, but first we need to find some to ask!” Kyuhyun snapped. “Aish, come on, let’s just go that way.”

“Okay,” Yesung shrugged. He didn’t have any better ideas. He took a step forward to follow Kyuhyun, stepping once again into the puddle.

“Oops,” Yesung managed say, before once again pulling Kyuhyun down with him.

“YAH!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: So, to sum things up, Heechul plans to cheat, Eunhyuk and Donghae ripped their money, and Team 1 is just screwed in general. Things are going beautifully, aren't they? xD Gosh, this is longest chapter I've ever written. >_< Anyways, this chapter is dedicated to my lovely Trias-unnie for her birthday! I'm sure you can spot your bday present in this chapter, and it will be continued in the next one too. :D

Also, I know next to nothing about what Korea is really like, so please excuse me if there is any innacuracies pertaining to the currency, grocery stores, and that little comment about inflation. I really have no idea. ^_^"

For this monster of a chapter, can I PRETTY PLEASE get some comments? They really do make my day.... ^w^