Teams Complete!

Adonis Camp II

*Please excuse any typos/grammatical errors, this hasn't been proofread well or betaed at all. Also, there are TWO LINKS IN the story, feel free to click on them if you don't know what I'm talking about. Enjoy!*

 

 

~*~*~

Henry stared in horror at the wasabi-laden piece of sushi in front of him, growing even paler, if that was even possible for the already milky-skinned magnae. There was no way. There was absolutely NO WAY in mochi-land that he was going to eat that. That he could eat that, even if he wanted to.

Zhoumi, on the other hand, let out a sigh of relief. After hearing Shindong’s horror story-like experience, he’d been terrified that he and Henry would be required to something similar. True, wasabi was bad, but it was something he could handle. He’d get over it. Eventually.

“No! I can’t do this! I REFUSE to do this!” Henry wailed, clinging to Zhoumi. “Everyone knows I can’t eat anything spicy!”

“You were fine on that Chinese variety show,” Hangeng smirked as a memory suddenly came to him. “What that for again? Wasn’t it…stealing my underwear?” His expression suddenly darkened into something scary.

“Wait WHAT?!” Leeteuk blurted, his expression a cross between amused and shocked. “How come I never heard anything about this?!”

Siwon suddenly burst into laughter as he, too, remembered. “It was during SJ-M promotions, hyung. Henry was being naughty.”

“Hey, I thought I was already forgiven!” Henry tried to steer the topic away from the underwear. “Besides, there was a lot less wasabi on that one!” He pointed a shaking finger at the plate that was currently in front of him. “Fifty percent of this is like wasabi!”

“Well, that’s too bad.” Inyoung wasn’t a softy, and was not about to give in to some whining and pouting. “You lost, that’s the punishment. Hurry up, we’re already running behind schedule!” she chastised impatiently. “Besides, how old are you? I know you’re the magnae, but deal with it!”

Henry decided to try a different tactic. “Zhoumi-hyung, Zhoumi-gege…” he cooed in a sweet voice,  puffing out his cheeks.

“W-What?” Zhoumi answered nervously. He had a bad feeling about this…

“You’re better at eating spicy food than I am. Please, help me?” Henry even tried widening his eyes to do the “puppy face”, although then his eyes just looked normal sized.

“Nuh-uh, no way!” Zhoumi exclaimed, backing away from Henry. “Eat your fair share!”

“But hyung~” Henry whined, latching himself onto Zhoumi’s arm. “I’ll, I’ll go shopping with you!”

“Not gonna happen,” Zhoumi snorted. “Besides, why would I want to go shopping with you? You have horrible style,” he sniffed.

Henry bit his lip, trying to think of something else. An idea popped into his head, but was it worth it? He glanced back at the terrifying sushi, and it seemed to be mocking him. He gulped. Yes, it was worth it.

“What if…what if I promised to clean my room?” Henry forced himself to utter, wincing the second the words left his mouth. Zhoumi’s eyes widened, then narrowed as he considered the offer.

“No more dirty clothes on the floor?” he asked suspiciously. Henry nodded.

“No more snacks and dirty clothes on your bed, especially when you sleep?” he tried again. Henry nodded grudgingly.

“Vacuuming every week?” Zhoumi refused to believe it would be that easy.

“Yes yes and yes, I’ll keep my dang room clean!” Henry jutted out his bottom lip indignantly. “Okay?”

Zhoumi looked from the sushi, to Henry, and back to the sushi. “Fine,” he sighed. The offer was too good to give up. “You still owe me one, though.”

“Thanks, Zhoumi-gege!” Henry cheered, pushing his plate towards Zhoumi. “I clean it the second we get back to our dorm, whenever that happens!”

Zhoumi sighed again, wondering why he put up with Henry’s antics. He took a deep breath, popping both pieces of the sushi into his mouth. He chewed as quickly as he could, swallowing it immediately in an attempt to lessen the effects. Everyone else, including Henry, waited for the reaction that was surely coming.

“Gah!” Zhoumi stuck out his tongue as he pinched the bridge of his nose at the same time, tears escaping his eyes. “Water,” he hissed, collapsing into a chair. The boys tried to hold in their laughter for poor Zhoumi’s sake, but it couldn’t be completely suppressed.

“Zhoumi-hyung, your face is almost purple!” Henry giggled as he handed him a bottle of water, seemingly forgetting the fact that he would’ve had an even worse reaction. “I should take a picture!”

“Shut up,” Zhoumi growled after he’d drained the entire bottle. “You SO owe me one!” Tears were now running down his face as he attempted to glare at Henry.

“Not to mention this is already on camera anyways,” Kyuhyun commented nonchalantly, causing Zhoumi smacked him on the arm, none so gently either. Kyuhyun only laughed.

“Thanks, Zhoumi-hyung,” Henry smiled, starting to feel bad as he watched a wheezing Zhoumi. “I promise I’ll clean my room until it’s spotless, and then I’ll try to keep it that way as long as I can!” he said sincerely.

“You punk!” Zhoumi accused, his expression shocked. “What do you mean you’ll TRY to keep it clean ‘AS LONG AS YOU CAN’?!”

“Ooooooh BUSTED!” Eunhyuk shouted gleefully as Zhoumi proceeded to chase a giggling Henry around the restaurant. “Knowing Henry, ‘as long as he can’ probably means, 24 hours.”

“Nah, probably less than that,” Donghae disagreed. “I doubt he’ll put much effort in.”

“I HELP YOU AND ALL YOU SAY IS YOU’LL TRY???” Zhoumi bellowed, whacking Henry in the head with a menu. He proceeded to sigh for the umpteenth time that hour, setting down his ‘weapon’. “I guess I should’ve known better, huh?” he shook his head with a defeated half-smile. Henry smiled sweetly.

“I knew you couldn’t stay angry!”

“Aishh, Zhoumi-ah, you’re too good-natured,” Heechul lamented, shaking his head in disappointment. He’d been hoping to finally see the even-tempered Gentleman explode, but it seems he’d been disappointed again.

 

~*~*~

Reunited, the fifteen members now stood on a local soccer field, waiting for the filming equipment to be set up. Besides the cameras that were being strategically placed, multiple rows of cones were also being set up. They took turns guessing what the next game was, but ended up just fooling around on the grass.

“Okay, now listen up!” Inyoung ordered as she approached them from the other side of the field. “There’s been a change in plans! This is going to be the last game that will decide the teams!”

“Huh? I thought we were going play four games?” Donghae asked as he attempted to shake off the grass that was on his shirt.

“Yeah, which is why she said there’s a change in plans, pabo-hyung!” Kyuhyun couldn’t resist the jab. Any chance to tease his hyungs was too good to pass up.

“Aish, just listen you boys!” Inyoung scolded. “We’re running behind schedule. Lunch, the second game, and the sushi punishment especially, took much longer than we thought it would,” she explained, looking pointedly at Henry, who shrugged apologetically with a slightly guilty look on his face. “So, we’ve decided that this will be the last game. I’ll explain the rest when we’re on camera, they’re almost ready. Shindong, Henry, and Zhoumi, you three can just watch from the side, okay? Let’s go!”

The second the cameras were rolling and everyone was in position, Inyoung instantly transformed from scolding-noona to bubbly MC.

“And now…the third and final game!” she announced, drawing out her words for dramatic effect. “This will be a race between the six remaining partnerships! The two fastest teams will get to choose their final team members from the ‘losers’. The third fastest team won’t be a part of the ‘losers’, but they won’t have much say in their team members because they will take whoever’s left over. Also, you must pick a team leader from the top three fastest partnerships. So, strive to be the fastest!”

“Now, I’ll explain how the race works.” Inyoung turned around, gesturing to the cones that were set up behind her. “As you can see, there are six rows of ten cones. Obviously, each team will get one row. The two team members will be on opposite sides of the row.  Person A will first spin around ten times using the bat, and then run as quickly as they can to their partner on the other side, who will be blindfolded. When running, you must stay on the left side of your cones. If you don’t stay on the left side, you must go back and spin another five times. Once person A reaches their partner, person B must piggyback person A back to the other side while weaving through the cones. Since person B will be blindfolded, person A must direct person B. You can miss two cones, but on the third error, you will be sent back to try again. You will have two minutes to decide who’s doing what. Get going!”

“I’m not going to be blindfolded,” Kyuhyun immediately turned to Sungmin. “AND I don't want to carry you! So I’m starting, okay? Okay!” Sungmin shook his head in resignation, not even bothering to argue.

They all were able to decide rather quickly. In the end, “Person A” were Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Leeteuk, Heechul, Eunhyuk, and Kibum while “Person B” were Sungmin, Yesung, Kangin, Hangeng, Donghae, and Siwon.

“Ready, set, SPIN!”

Eunhyuk and Kibum finished spinning first at around the same time, quickly starting to stumble forward. Eunhyuk ran as fast as he could, while Kibum tried to focus his eyes a bit first. Eunhyuk swayed, toppling over just as Kyuhyun  and Leeteuk finished spinning.

“Ahhhhhh so dizzy,” Eunhyuk mumbled as he tried to stand, only to topple over again. He tried crawling on his knees instead since standing up obviously wasn’t working, only to bonk his head on a cone. “Where’d you come from?” he asked in confusion as he rubbed his head. “You hurt me!”

Kibum, on the other hand, seemed to feel a little less dizzy as he set out at a fast walk, leaning slightly to the side. However, he managed to walk in more or less a straight line.

“Hyung, you’re so slow,” Kyuhyun sneered as he stumbled past Kibum at a slow run. The time Kibum had taken to focus his eyes had cost him. Although not walking quite as straight, Kyuhyun still managed to avoid crossing his line of cones. 

Leeteuk, on the other hand, was struggling to catch up to Kyuhyun, yelping in a high pitched voice every time he came close to touching a cone, which was quite often.

“Gah! Ohh! Wah! EEEEEEEEE~!” He shrieked, somehow managing to stay upright as he stumbled forward.

Heechul and Ryeowook spun at slower paces, causing them to be slightly less dizzy. However, it was obvious that Heechul had an inferior sense of balance as he collapsed the second he stopped spinning.

“Woah woah woah!” Heechul had tried to hoist himself back onto his feet, but had somehow ended up rolling straight into Ryeowook instead.

“Hyung!” Ryeowook complained as he, too, was knocked to the ground. “If you want to play with the grass play by yourself!”

Kyuhyun was the first to reach the other side, closely followed by a frantic, drunk-looking Leeteuk and calm, no-long-dizzy Kibum. Eunhyuk was crawling towards Donghae as fast as he could, while Ryeowook and Heechul still lay in a tangled heap.

“Forward!” Kyuhyun instructed Sungmin, who took a timid baby step. “Walk faster! We have three lives so you don’t have to be so careful!”

“I thought we could only mess up twice?” Sungmin asked, confused.

“Aish, use your brain! We can mess up twice, but we can still keep going after we mess up the second time! We die if we mess up three times! Go go go, turn left!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, fully committed to the game. “Kangin and Siwon are catching up!”

“But you’re so heavy,” Sungmin complained under his breath.

At this point, Kangteuk team had already “lost one life” as Kyuhyun would say, and were attempting to proceed more carefully.

“Noooo STOP STOP!” Leeteuk screeched as Kangin bumped into a cone. “RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!”

“Aish yelling in my ear won’t help!” Kangin grumbled as he narrowly avoided messing up again. “How much further?"
“Half-way there,” Leeteuk answered. “LEFT! STOP WALKING SO FAST!”

“We’re gonna lose if we walk—”

“RIGHT! RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT! NOOOOOO WE MESSED UP AGAIN!”

Siwon and Kibum were going at a steady pace, though rather slowly and cautiously.

“Five steps forward,” Kibum instructed. “Okay, now turn left. A little bit more. Okay perfect! Three steps forward.”

At this point, Ryeowook and Heechul had finally sprinted down, the dizziness long gone.

“Hurry up Hannie we’re losing right now!” Heechul demanded. “Hurry!”

“You need to tell me where to go, pabo!” Hangeng scolded impatiently. “I can’t see, remember?!”

“Just go, I’ll tell you when you’re off course,” Heechul said confidently, urging Hangeng to start walking.

“But you need to tell me where to go!!” Hangeng repeated, exasperated. “I CAN’T SEE!”

On the other hand, the Yewook team was slowly making progress, albeit jerkily.

“Keep walking forward,” Ryeowook said anxiously. “Okay stop! Go left. NO OTHER LEFT!”

“Huh?” Yesung tilted his head, confused. “You want me to go backwards?”

 

~*~*~

“YAY I WIN!” Kyuhyun cheered as he jumped down from Sungmin’s back the second they went around the last cone. “HA! I WIN!”

“No, WE win,” Sungmin corrected, rubbing his back as he mock glared at the magnae.

“Aw, hyung, same difference,” Kyuhyun shrugged it off, plopping down onto the grass.

“Yah! I was the one carrying you! Show some gratitude!” Sungmin pouted, playfully smacking Kyuhyun’s head.

“And the fastest group is…KYUHYUN AND SUNGMIN!” Inyoung declared to the camera. “Who will be second, I wonder?”

“STOP STOP STOP WE’RE HERE!” Leeteuk yelled as Kangin stumbled around the last cone. “We’re second!”

“Finally!” Kangin ripped off his blindfold. “See, we were fine going at my pace. If we hadn’t, we would’ve lost for sure!”

“But we almost lost from messing up too many times,” Leeteuk reminded him. “Good teamwork, right?” he grinned.

“I suppose,” Kangin relented, also smiling widely at their success.

“Kangin and Leeteuk are second,” Inyoung confirmed, slowly shaking her head from side to side.

“Noona, why so unenthusiastic all of a sudden?” Leeteuk questioned, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“Nothing much. We were betting on the order, and I more confidence in Siwon and Kibum being second,” Inyoung sighed, watching dejectedly as the Sibum group came third.

“Yah, you didn’t bet on me, you’re brother?” Leeteuk asked, hurt. “You don’t have any confidence in me?”
“Oh, no, I had confidence in you, brother…” Inyoung reassured, a smile tugging at her lips. “…at coming in last. See, that’s also part of the reason why I was so disappointed…”

“NOONA!” Leeteuk face-palmed. “I knew I shouldn’t have asked in the first place...” he mumbled as Inyoung smirked and skipped away.

 

~*~*~

In the end, Eunhae was fourth, Yewook fifth, and Hanchul came in last.

“Yah, this is all your fault. If you listened to me, then this wouldn’t have happened,” Heechul sulked, his pride wounded from the loss.

“Aish don’t blame me, you were horrible at giving directions,” Hangeng sighed. “Just be glad that there’s no punishment for being last since we’re out of time!”

“Whatever,” Heechul grumbled, but he still threw an arm around Hangeng’s shoulders. Hangeng only rolled his eyes at Heechul’s antics.

“Okay!” Inyoung clapped her hands, getting everyone’s attention. “Since Kyuhyun and Sungmin were the fastest, you can choose your teammates first!”

“We’ve already decided,” Sungmin glanced at Kyuhyun, who nodded. “We want Yesung-hyung and Ryeowookie.”

“You want us?!” Yesung asked disbelievingly. “Really?”

“Not so much you, Yesung-hyung. We just like Ryeowook-hyung’s cooking,” Kyuhyun explained, smirking at Yesung’s dejected expression.

“Stop being so rude to your hyungs!” Sungmin scolded, hitting Kyuhyun on the head. “Yesung-hyung, don’t listen to him.”

“Hyung, you know I just like teasing you,” Kyuhyun smiled, pulling Yesung and Ryeowook towards him. “That’s our choice!”

“You spoiled, rude, pushy magnae,” Yesung complained, but allowed himself to be pulled.

“I guess I’m going to be stuck with kitchen duty, then,” Ryeowook sighed, rolling his eyes. “I really thought I’d be able to take a break on ‘vacation’…”

“Okay, now Kangin and Leeteuk, who are you guys going to choose?” Inyoung inquired.

“Hangeng and Heechul,” Leeteuk said without hesitation, Kangin nodding his agreement.

“Let me guess, you want me to cook?” Hangeng asked warily. “Wait, don’t even answer that question, I already know the answer.” Leeteuk only smiled apologetically.

“Alright, that means Siwon and Kibum, you guys get Eunhyuk and Donghae!”

“Yay!” Eunhyuk and Donghae shouted, immediately running towards their new teammates. Kibum, however, had a wary look on his face.

“Donghae-hyung, didn’t you say that whatever team you’re on, always loses?” he asked cautiously.

“Yeah, but there’ve been exceptions!” Donghae replied cheerfully. “Maybe this time will be an exception too!” Kibum’s eyes widened slightly, before shaking his head in resignation.

“I sure hope so…”

“Alright, three members left! Henry, Zhoumi, and Shindong,” Inyoung reminded them. “Kyuhyun and Sungmin, who do you guys want?”

“Henry,” Kyuhyun said without hesitation, relishing the fact that he didn’t need to say hyung.

“You just want to bully me, don’t you?” Henry pouted as he joined their team.

“Nah, you’ll be fine,” Ryeowook smiled as he welcomed Henry with a hug. “I want you on our team, too!”

“Then we want Zhoumi,” Leeteuk cut in, waving over the Gentleman.

“Which means we get Shindong-hyung,” Siwon clapped Shindong on the back as he walked over. “Fine with us!”

“Alright! The teams are decided!” Inyoung nodded in approval. “Team 1 is Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Ryewook, Yesung, and Henry. Team 2 is Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul, Hangeng, and Zhoumi. Team 3 is Siwon, Kibum, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Shindong. You will all need to decide on your team leaders once we board the bus, and after dinner, you will all have your first challenge as a team! On to the bus!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: So, the teams are complete! Adonis Camp truly starts next chapter! I hope you like the teams I made, I tried to take into account other common pairings, even though there will be no romance. I'm not gonna write a novel here today, I just hope you enjoyed the chapter, and if you did, leave a comment!!!