Of Bad Ideas

Adonis Camp II

*Sorry for all the typos that I'm sure are there! xD*

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae stared guiltily at the torn money they now held in their hand. Shindong, on the other hand, was rather close to hyperventilating. The man was usually pretty chill and laid back, the mood-maker of group for all purposes. But, when it came to the life sustaining force, food, it became a life and death situation.

No, despite all appearances, food wasn’t Shindong’s only obsession. However, being threatened with having nothing to eat for an entire week, most people, including Eunhae, would freak out. Shindong’s reaction, was just slightly more…dramatic.

“Y-You guys…how could…what…noooooo…b-but…money…r-r-ramen…” his eyes were large, his breaths coming in rapid, short puffs. He swayed lightly on his feet, nearly collapsing onto the floor.

“Oh no! Dongie-hyung! It’s okay! We’ll figure something out! I’m sorry I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean it!” Donghae himself was now panicking, one hand clutching the now useless paper, the other grabbing his hair.

“N-Neh, we’ll figure something out.” Eunhyuk was the calmest in the group at the moment, but only barely. Suddenly, he knew it was up to him. Shindong was now in an almost catatonic state, and Donghae, even if he calmed down, could not be trusted to come up with any reasonable ideas.

It was also out of the question to tell Kibum about what just transpired. Eunhyuk only felt his guilt grow when he thought of his poor dongsaeng. No, poor Kibum will have enough suffering ahead of him, and he was afraid that the young original magnae might just crumble from all the stress. Not to mention kill them before he collapsed, though.

That left Siwon, who may potentially be of some help, but that would only be minimal. After all, it was Siwon, who was obviously inferior and lacked Eunhyuk’s creative and improvising ability. Eunhyuk knew that it would be, ultimately, up to him to remedy the current situation. He gulped, but then set his shoulders square.

Okay, first things first. One thing at a time. Eunhyuk took a deep breath, before turning towards Donghae, who was still in the middle of a panic attack, mumbling incoherent things to himself.

“Hae! It’s okay, I’ve got a plan.” Eunhyuk lied, but this effectively got the attention of Donghae, who immediately stopped mumbling and looked at Eunhyuk hopefully.

“You do?”

“N-Neh.” Eunhyuk took another breath, trying to steady his voice as his mind whirled. He was a terrible liar, so it was lucky that Donghae was rather unobservant and bad at reading the atmosphere, like usual.

“I’ll tell you my plan in a second. But first, we have to do something about Dongie-hyung. I don’t think he’s going to be able to help us right now…”

Donghae stared at Shindong, who now closely resembled a human statue. His jaw was trembling slightly, but other than that he was completely unmoving. Donghae nodded furiously in agreement.

“Okay, ummmmm…” Eunhyuk glanced around the grocery store, slightly at a loss, before his eyes lit up at a potential solution.

“Let’s get him over there, to that bench near the front,” Eunhyuk pointed. “He can just sit there, and we can come back and get him afterwards.” Donghae nodded in agreement.

They each grabbed one of Shindong’s arms, slowly prompting him to walk. It took a few moments, but soon they managed to get Shingdong to shuffle slowly towards their destination. After sitting him down, however, they got no further response.

“Um, Hyukkie? What if fangirls walk in and see him?” Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk resisted the urge to slam his head against the wall. Great, he didn’t even think about that. Then again, how could’ve he? Luckily, Donghae seemed to have a genius idea.

“Why don’t we disguise him?” he suggested excitedly. Eunhyuk pondered the idea for a moment, before looking at Donghae suspiciously.

“That’s not a bad idea…but why are you looking so enthusiastic? How come I’m getting the vibe that you just want to mess with Shindong-hyung?”

Indeed, Donghae looked exactly like an excited puppy at the moment. Eunhyuk bit his lip, before breaking out into a similar, rather mischievous grin.

“Why not?”

“Yes!” Donghae hooted, high-fiving his best friend. He quickly set to work, ripping off his own scarf, and wrapped it around Shindong’s head, then tying it off under his chin. Eunhyuk giggled at the sight while Donghae pulled out a pair of lens-less glasses seemingly out of thin air, placing them on Shindong’s face. Eunhyuk struggled to hold in his laughter as he turned up the collar of Shindong’s shirt in an attempt to cover his face as much as possible, but only succeeded in covering part of Shindong’s chin.

“Can I draw on his face?” Donghae inquired, his eyes wide with excitement, one of his hands already digging around in his pocket for a writing tool.

“No! We’re trying to disguise him, not make him look conspicuous!” Eunhyuk tried to look stern, but was failing immensely due to Donghae’s puppy face and begging eyes. Not many could resist it, Eunhyuk knew, but he’d always prided himself as being one of the select few that could. Most of the time, at least. Resist…don’t give in.

“Besides, it’s not like he doesn’t like conspicuous right now, either,” Donghae pointed out, and Eunhyuk couldn’t help but agree internally. Indeed, at the moment, Shindong looked rather…interesting.

“But that’s not the point! Just no to drawing on Shindong’s face! Besides, don’t forget we’re on camera! Shindong-hyung would kill us!” Eunhyuk forced himself to sound firm.

“But that’s no fun! Please?” Donghae still begged.

“No! Every single time your ideas always end up with us in trouble! Remember the time with Teukie-hyung? I—”

“Um, Hyukkie?” Donghae interrupted timidly. Eunhyuk ignored him, and plowed on with his rant.

“—ended up in trouble, poor Kyuhyun was blamed, Shindong-hyung got frustrated and cried, and even unlucky Yesung-hyung got sprayed with—”

“Hyukjae…”

“—water! It was all your fault, and you didn’t even get in trouble! So I say—”

“WHAT in the WORLD did you do to Shindong-hyung?!”

Eunhyuk froze, finally realizing Donghae’s intent to interrupt him, and slowly turned around to face the owner of the too-familiar voice.

“K-Kibum-ah…” Eunhyuk greeted weakly. Shoot. What was he supposed to do now??

“What. Are. You. Doing?!” Kibum asked incredulously, his eyes flickering back and forth between them.

“We were just dis—” Eunhyuk quickly knocked his elbow into Donghae’s stomach, effectively hitting the air out of his lungs and cutting him off.

“Um, just fooling around, I guess?” Eunhyuk replied, but his voice came out more as a question than a statement. Before Kibum could say anything else, Eunhyuk quickly asked another question.

“Where’s Siwonnie?”

Kibum shook his head, looking slightly irritated. “He’s waiting at the checkout. We’ve got everything picked out, we just needed the ramen and money from you guys. We waited for a bit, but you guys were taking too long. Now I know why…”

“Hehe, yeah….” Eunhyuk chuckled, embarrassed, just as another idea popped into his head. If he could just get away from Kibum for a little bit, at least long enough for him to figure out how to get 50,000 won…

“Sorry, Kibum-ah. Shindong-hyung wasn’t feeling so good. He said he’d just sit here and wait for us to buy everything. We can get him when we’re done.” Eunhyuk lied for the second time today, wincing slightly. Kibum raised an eyebrow, obviously unconvinced by the badly constructed lie, but Eunhyuk was already dragging him away from Shindong by the arm.

“Um, sorry Kibum-ah, I really need to go to the bathroom right now…”Eunhyuk smiled sheepishly. “I’ll be right back, okay? You guys can go on to the front.”

“Actually, hyung, I think I’ll come with you. Siwon-hyung’s at the front already, anyways.” Kibum said, an eyebrow raised. He didn’t the buy Eunhyuk’s story at all. Besides the fact that Eunhyuk was a terrible liar, Kibum was known to be sharp.

Dang it. I guess I have to use more drastic measures, then…

“Oh, okay then. Hae, why don’t you go tell Siwon that we’re coming?” Donghae opened his mouth to protest, but was cut off when Eunhyuk pushed him towards the front, whispering hurriedly into his ear.

“Just go, and borrow some duct tape from the cashier, I’m sure they’ll have some, and come to the bathroom as fast as you can. Don’t ask why. Try to avoid Siwon, but if you can’t give him some excuse.” Aware that Kibum was watching him suspiciously, Eunhyuk pushed the confused Donghae another 2 feet before turning back to Kibum.

“Okay, let’s go!”

 

~*~*~

Where. In. The. World. Is. Donghae?!

Eunhyuk held back a groan. He’d been sitting on the toilet seat for five minutes so far, pretending to go number 2, but still no sign of Donghae. He was sure that Kibum, by now, probably thought he was majorly constipated.

Finally, the door to the bathroom opened with a squeak, and he heard Kibum’s wary voice.

“What are you doing, here, Donghae-hyung?”

Finally!

Eunhyuk shot up, quickly flushing the toilet, and all but burst out of the cubicle.

“I, uh, needed to go to the bathroom too?”

Kibum raised an eyebrow, but then shrugged. “Whatever, just hurry, hyung.”

While Kibum had been talking, Eunhyuk had exchanged a glance with Donghae, who nodded in affirmation. He got the tape. Eunhyuk took a deep breath, hoping what he was about to do would eventually be forgiven.

“Sorry, Kibum-ah.”

Kibum turned to look at Eunhyuk in confusion, before being shoved into a cubicle, the door slamming closed.

“Yah! Hyung, what are you doing?!”

Kibum pushed against the door, but the combined weight of both Donghae and Eunhyuk prevented it from budging.

“Quick! The tape!” Donghae fumbled with the roll of duct tape, and the two of them began crossing strips of it across the door.

“YAH!” Kibum threw his weight against the door, already ripping most of what they just put on.

“Hyukjae, it’s not going to stay!” Donghae said, pushing back against the door.

“Yes it will! I’m going to wrap it around the entire side, and then tape down the ends too. Oh, and I’ll jam the hinges!” Eunhyuk set his mouth stubbornly and began to work furiously, effectively turning the previously blue cubicle into a striped gray.

Cautiously, Donghae stepped back from his position at the door. Even with Kibum still pounding on it from the inside, it remained shut, but just barely. The tape was already ripping in many places, but it would hold for at least a couple more minutes. Which was all Eunhyuk needed.

“Hyung! This isn’t funny! What is this, another secret camera?!” Kibum yelled, berating himself for falling into Eunhae’s badly constructed trap. This entire situation was so stupid, he wanted to bang his head against wall. No, scratch that, he wanted to bang Donghae and Eunhyuk’s heads together for their stupid antics. They were his hyungs; how could they be so IMMATURE?

“Yea, something like that. Sorry Kibum-ah! Don’t worry though, we’ll be back soon! Except, I think you might’ve gotten out by that time, but that’s okay! We’ll be back though!” Eunhyuk promised, before pulling Donghae out of the bathroom by the arm, just as Kibum yelled, “You’ll be back?! And that’s supposed to be OKAY?!”

“So what now?” Donghae asked as he followed Eunhyuk out, ignoring Kibum’s protests completely. “And did you even wash your hands?”

Eunhyuk shot Donghae a glare. “Is that even important? Besides, I didn’t actually go to the bathroom. All I did was sit on the toilet waiting for you to get there. Sheesh.” He paused. “As for now, we need to get 50,000 won, somehow.” He scratched his head. He honestly didn’t think his plan would work, and now that it actually had, he had no idea what he was going to do.

“How though?” Donghae pressed, asking the question Eunhyuk had been asking himself. Suddenly, was struck with probably the best idea he had this day. Except, that probably wasn’t saying much, with their barely successful endeavors so far.

“Oh! I know! Our fans! Pshhh I bet we could even get 100,000 won if we asked! Yesssss I’m a genius!” Eunhyuk hooted, whirling around to look at Donghae excitedly, who nodded in agreement. What ELF wouldn’t give 50,000 to meet Super Junior in person, after all? “Come on come on come on let’s go outside!”

The two hurried to the front of the store, but stopped abruptly when they were almost spotted by Siwon. They quickly ducked into an aisle, breathing a sigh of relief when no one called out to them. They’d remained unseen.

“Donghae, did Siwon see you when you went to get the duct tape?” Eunhyuk asked as he peered furtively out at Siwon from behind a shelf. The man looked incredibly bored, leaning against the wall and flipping through some magazine, obviously waiting for his fellow teammates that were not coming.

“Yeah, actually. He was waiting right there at the check-out, I couldn’t avoid him. Don’t worry though, I told him that you were feeling a bit constipated so we might take a while,” Donghae told Eunhyuk confidently.

“You WHAT?!” Eunhyuk shouted, before clamping a hand over his own mouth, and quickly checking to see whether Siwon had heard him. Luckily, Siwon didn’t seem to have noticed, still paging through the magazine nonchalantly.

Eunhyuk sighed with relief, but then groaned. So, to sum it up, Kibum was going to murder him for trapping him in the bathroom, Shindong was going to strangle him for ripping the money and playing dress-up with him, and Siwon thought he was constipated. He’d probably pray for health and smooth digestion the next time he saw him. And Donghae…Donghae was as clueless as ever. Great. Just fabulous.

“Ok, whatever, I don’t even care anymore,” Eunhyuk mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly. “Let’s just go, Donghae. On three, just bolt for the door. If Siwon didn’t just hear me, I doubt he’ll notice us either. Okay?” Donghae nodded, bracing himself.

“One…two… THREE!”

The two made a mad dash for the door, bursting out onto the sidewalk moments later. When no holy man came running after them, they both let out a sigh of relief. Eunhyuk took off his cap, ruffling his hair and enjoying the breeze that ran through it. Grinning at Donghae, he cocked his head.

“Ready?”

 Donghae nodded, grinning right back at Eunhyuk.

“Annyeonghaseyo, uri Shupah Juni-OEYO! We’re…EUNHAE!”

Eunhyuk closed his eyes, basking in the silence, smirking slightly. He was sure that everyone was probably staring at them, slack-jawed and shocked, unable to utter a single noise. And in a few more moments, they would break out into frenzied screaming…

Eunhyuk frowned, his eyes still closed. Hmmmm, there seemed to be a delayed reaction... Cautiously, he pried his eyes open, and was greeted with the sight of—
“…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................

.....................................................................................”

“OKAY WHERE ARE ALL THE ELF?!”

 

~*~*~

So, where were all the ELF? Of course there were ELF, the power of Super Junior is obviously unrivaled. However, it just happened to be that they were all about a fourth of a mile away, chasing a wet Kyuhyun and a sopping Yesung, who had (rather foolishly) asked a couple of “harmless-looking” teenage girls for directions, and had fallen into yet another puddle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: So, um…hi? /waves uncertainly. So, uhhh, yeah, I finally updated. Don’t kill me! >.<

I want to apologize, I know it’s been months since I’ve last updated, and many of you probably thought I abandoned this story. But I just want to assure that I haven’t, it’s just that school’s been killing me. I’ve been consistently getting 6 hours of sleep each night on average (anywhere from 4-7 hours), so yeah. And, this story is kind of hard for me to come up ideas for, since it’s basically plot-less and just mainly crack and humor.

But enough of me complaining. I just want to promise you guys that HAVE NOT given up on this story. Updates might be slow, but they’ll come. I promise. And they won’t be short, either, because I hate short chapters. :)

Leave comments! Please! Because that will mean faster updates! Probably not FAST updates, but definitely fastER. As you can see, this chapter was mainly Eunhae’s team, and if you couldn’t tell from the ending, next chapter will be Kyuhyun and Yesung, along with a couple others that I won’t tell you. ;)