Chapter 9

Sometime. Somewhere.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

Yonghwa and Joohyun were seated in front of each other in Joohyun's small coffee table in her Arizona apartment. They were not talking, just looking at each other. Thinking probably of what to will happen next. What next decision to be made. what next action to be taken. In the middle of it, the lock in Joohyun's apartment clicked and the knob turns, their heads went straight to the front door and in came Vangy with her kids who seems to be not having their time of the day. Vangy screamed when she saw that there were people

"Vange!" Joohyun spoke

"Joo?" she squinted and walked towards the small dining room

"Yes!"

"OMG!" Vangy squealed and hugged Joohyun, "I didn't know you were coming home! I was here to pick up your bills and drop you some clippings." Vangy turned to her kids, "Kids say hi to aunt Joohyun."

A small Hi was heared from the 2 kids.

"But why are you here?" Vangy asked

Joohyun smiled and gestured her hand toward Yonghwa.

"Oh !” Vangy automatically covered “I mean I'm sorry! Hi!" Vangy extended her hand to Yonghwa of which he took.

"Hi. Nice to meet you in person" he said.

"Yeah, uhm, I live next door to Joohyun and I actually am here to take care of her bills while she's gone but then she's back so I guess no bills to take care of!" Vangy laughed awkwardly. "Uhm, we should go." She then looked at Joohyun, "Do you need food?"

"You really asking me that? My pantry is still fully stacked."

"Oh yeah, sorry my train of thought suddenly went downward, anyhow, I got you your clippings by the door, I took the ones from the neighborhood and the one from Tina's home."

"Yay!"

"Okay, see you?"

"Of course!"

Vangy turned to Yonghwa again, "Bye Yonghwa, it was nice meeting you!"

Joohyun closed the door behind Vangy and her kids, she picked up her bills as well as her clippings. Maybe keeping busy will do her something good, well the both of them.

"I know a hotel where you can stay" She spoke without looking at him. She took out a large filling box from the shoe cabinet, she crouched down and began inserting her clippings inside.

Yonghwa answered her as he looked on, "I'm not planning to stay at a hotel, I'm staying with you."

Joohyun shrugged, " You'll never stop even if I insist you stay somewhere else right?"

"No"

"I can stay at the home"

"I'll follow you there"

"And what?"

"I can also ask Immo and Samchon to make me stay there, you do know that I have an upperhand in the situation right?" He boasted.

"You have the upperhand, but this is my turf"

"Please Joohyun, I won't do anything funny, I just want to be where you are."

She sighed, "Not romantic at all."

"I want to be with you"

Joohyun rolled her eye.

"Suit yourself, I only have one bedroom and that's mine so!" Joohyun stood up and went in the middle of her small living area which is only 3 steps away from the dining area and with a big smile and fancy hand gestures spoke.

"You, Mr. Jung, have the luxury of choosing between the very spacious and soft carpeted floor or this second hand bought, intricately stained sofa from Salvations Army! The choice is yours!"

Her smile vanished as soon as she said the last word.

"You don't have to be sarcastic you know" he pointed out.

"I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just giving you your options, either that or feel free to sleep under the coffee table or the bathroom, don't worry, I won't charge you for rent."

Yonghwa took a deep breath, "where can I put my things?"

Joohyun sighed. "They have to go to the bedroom, as you can see, my apartment can only fit me, Vangy has a bigger apartment since she has the corner door. Get your things."

She herself got her luggage and Yonghwa followed her, she opened the sliding door to her bedroom and there sat a single bed with a pale blue bedding. There is a small vanity just beside it right by a double window. She opened another sliding door which turned out to be her closet.

"Take your clothes out and put them here, your luggage will have go under the sink. We no longer have space."

She began moving her clothes to make way for Yonghwa's.

"You do know that I expect you out by tomorrow right?"

"You do know that's impossible" he countered.

"No, YOU are impossible, I don't know what you think you'll get out of what it is you’re doing. To be honest Yonghwa, this is something an old Joohyun would do, but not you, not in a million years would I think you'll be capable of doing this."

"I learned from the best" he smiled wide.

"Yeah, next, both of us will be dead."

Yonghwa's smile faded as he looked at Joohyun busy taking out clothes. Her face doesn't show any emotions, her face almost pale, shoe looked like someone who has gone to 10 battles and back. At that point he felt he's hit a dead end. He has not even really begun yet his getting cold feet. He never imagined how impacting that accident was to Joohyun. He sat beside her on the bed and began taking his clothes out of his luggage.

"Joohyun, I never meant it that way."

"All good Yonghwa,"she replied giving him a small smile, "here, you can put your clothes there, sorry that's all the space

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter