Chapter 4

Sometime. Somewhere.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Her parents were ecstatic when they met her at the airport. She changed so much over the 7 years she was gone, even with the way she speaks, she moves and she dressed. They hovered a lot and asked tons of questions. She begged her parents to not do any welcome home parties or galas in her name. When she reached home, she had to rummaged through her closet to dispose the party dresses, the high heels, and replace them all with shirts and jeans and sneakers.

Her mom was shocked at the amount of chaos her room was.

“What should I do with all these?”

“Auction some, sell some, I won’t be needing them. I have a list of homes where we can donate the proceeds.”

Her mom looked at her blankly, “but you know, we really don’t need to do any of that so we can donate.”

“I know mom, but I won’t be needing any of these. Instead of throwing them away turn them to money.”

If her parents saw the drastic change from her, they didn’t say anything but just follow whatever she wanted changed. She basically cut-off everyone in Seoul when she went abroad, even calls with her parents were kept short.

“Your Jitaek samchon and Pilsok immo is downstairs and will be having lunch with us. I told her that you’ve returned and they’re excited to see you!” her mom updated her with glee.

She replied curtly, “Okay mom, be there in 5.”

Joohyun just shook her head. She only wanted to come home in peace and without any one knowing, plus, she only intended to stay for 6 months. Her professor recommended her for a training in Asan Hospital. When she was talking to her mom over the phone prior to her coming home, she was actually opening the invitation letter thus her agreeing to go back.

She was greeted with tight hugs from the Jung couple and was reprimanded a bit for not staying in touch. She apologized of course stating that she became busy with school and other stuff.

“Hyunah, my mother is staying with us right now, she’s 85. I was just wondering since you are a nurse, if you can check on her as she cries every night and does not want to eat.”

“What did her doctor say?”

“They said it was nothing.”

“Did the doctor give her anything for her moods?”

“No, none of that.”

“Did they order IV if in case there will be no food intake?”

“No too, because I told them that I know that ajussi sneak in food for her which she eats whenever we are not around.”

She just smiled and nodded. She was, of course, hesitant to go over their house because of one person. She no longer knows anything about him. She never asked her family about him even once so she’s not sure if he’s already married or if he’s still staying in their house or what not. Her family too, in return, did not say anything to her about him.

“Uhm, sure I’ll swing by the day after tomorrow, I have training every day at Asan and will be working part time at a geriatric hospital down south so I may not be able to be there until maybe 5 in the afternoon, will that be okay?”

Yonghwa’s parents were surprised and so is her own parents.

“Before I left the US, I already applied for jobs here so I was lucky enough to get hired. I am only working part time as I am currently enrolled.”

Her Pilok immo looked at her with amazement, “I am so proud of you Joohyun, you have grown up to be a kind, loving and responsible person, if only our Yonghwa...”

And there it was. The name who she hopefully won’t have to come across with that luncheon.

She stopped listening and just nodded and began stuffing herself with food.

 

 

Joohyun stood outside the Jung residence’s gate for 15 minutes without planning on doing anything. She dusts off her scrubs and move her backpack from one shoulder to another. Her messy ponytail has been retied for the nth time. She took a deep breath and jogged in place. Then she realized, if someone accidentally saw her, they’d think she’s crazy and besides she came there as a visiting nurse. She psyched herself to think that this is just another patient visit. She only had to ring the doorbell once and the gates opened.

She hurriedly walked through the long driveway and to the garden. She decided to enter via the kitchen where mostly the Jung servants are. She peaked through the open door and knock lightly.

“Jungsok ajussi?”

The old man turned around and looked at her until a smiled appeared on his face, “Joohyun Agassi!”

“Ajussi!” she entered and bowed, “how have you been?”

“Old but still doing great. May I say, you look a lot different Agassi but definitely more beautiful from the last time I saw you.”

“Thank you ajussi, I hope everyone here is doing great too.”

Jungsok saw Joohyun and Yonghwa grow up. He saw the how they both change into young adults; he saw the everything that happened between the two. There was a tiny hesitation when he saw Joohyun by the door, the little miss before did not smile much, vain and is haughty. She wouldn’t also be caught dead with a messy hair but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter