Chapter 6

Sometime. Somewhere.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 6

 

Joohuyn was shaking as she set her bag down. She paced back and forth inside her bedroom thinking. For sure Yonghwa was playing with her. He is still mad and is probably trying to get even with everything she had done, she understands it but she really just wanted to go back to the US. After coming home, there’s a big part of her that misses her life abroad, suddenly this is no longer home. What stresses her more is that Yonghwa was still downstairs talking to her mother as he got invited for dinner. She looked at the time it’s barely 5 in the afternoon, she computed and groaned.

Please be awake you guys.

She thought as she sent a group message to Grace, Michelle, Lydia and Vange.

She was trying to recall who has the night shift scheduled when

Yo!

Yes?

She beamed.

Thank God! She thought.

Her screen flashed Lydia starting a group video call. She sent a silent prayer of thanks and answered

“I missed you!” she outrightly blurted out. She felt tears of relief.

One by one her friends answered.

“What happened?!” Lydia asked, “OMG don’t tell me…….”

“Whatever makes you think that something happened?” Mary asked

“Well she wouldn’t be calling at this hour is there is nothing. So did anything happened?” Lydia asking her original question

“Yup” was Joohyun’s only answer. She sat on her sofa and leaned her head back.

“The ex? That soon?” Lydia supplied.

“Well, his house is right next to mine.”

“I know that! But wouldn’t be that your property is too big that it’ll take you months before you see him?”

Joohyun snorted “Ha.Ha. Funny.”

“Wait! Lyd, shut up! So what happened?!” Grace asking again.

“She met her ex,” Lyida answered Grace.

“I heard that and?!”

“He’s downstairs,” Joohyun answered.

“So? Not like he asked you to be together and get married!”

The girls laughed and Joohyun stayed silent and was just eyeing them

“WTAF?!!” Vangy exclaimed.

“Oh !” added Michelle.

“You guys are not helping”

“Well, SPILL!!”

“Uhm, it’s not that exactly, he accused me of playing games and stuff then he followed me at work  today and told my co nurses that WE are engaged. He picked me up and drove me home”

“Another !”

“Then I told him that I would clarify it and then he told me I cancelled the engagement and he didn’t agree to it so technically we are still engaged.”

Vangy who Joohyun saw was probably at home set down her wine bottle “Holy crap!”

“And he’ still there?” Lydia asked.

“Yup. I know I mean nothing to him. I seriously do. I also know that he just found a chance to  make my life a living hell to get back to everything I did to him before and I’m willing to accept it all it’s just that I son’t want it to affect everything I’ve work hard for. I love everything I have now because everything I have right now, I’ve worked hard for.”

“True,” Grace spoke, “but are you sure that’s all you’re afraid of?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, maybe you’re afraid to fall in love with him again. You’re afraid that once you fall for him again, you’ll go back to the old Joohyun.”

She saw Lydia nodded, “Grace has point.”

Joohyun sighed. “No. I’m not afraid of that. I think I never really stopped loving him. I would say I just learned how to love him the right way and that is from afar and besides, I know we will never be together because hello! The guy loathes me.”

“You can never can tell Hyun.” Michelle spoke.

“Hey, time passes quickly, before you know it, you’re on your way back here and maybe by that time, that dude will realize that you changed for the better and that he leaves you alone.” Vangy said encouragingly.

“I just wish he gets his revenge over and done with so I can live peacefully you know.”

“Welp, be strong Joohyun. If he gets his revenge, will you then be able to forgive yourself?

“Yes. I think so. And I think he won’t stop till you know he get that feel of satisfaction of knowing he hurt me. Not physically of course.”

“Girl, that’s like waiting for a death sentence.”

She pursed her lips and just nodded, “a death sentence may have been better.”

“Keep your head up Hyun, you are a good person and we all know that. You knew what you did wrong. You admitted it, you repented. You are not your mistake okay?” Vangy the eldest comforted her

She was about to reply when she heard a quick tap on her door and it opened. She looked up only to see Yonghwa standing above her head. She took a double take to make sure she is seeing correctly as he opened the door wide and walked in. She saw the girls all frozen to as the camera might have shown him.

“Uh. Well, how is life there?”

The 3 girls laughed at Lydia’s odd que

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter