Chapter 5

Sometime. Somewhere.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

Joohyun slumped and cried as soon as she closed her bedroom door recalling her exchange earlier that evening with Yonghwa.

“What drama are you playing this time?”

She was stunned with the sudden action

His grip of her tightened but she was pulling away with more force too. “Let go, Yonghwassi”

“If you think you can come back and pretend that everything is okay then you’re mistaken” he hissed between his teeth.

Joohyun could see anger and sadness in his eyes at the same time.

“I’m not playing anything, I’m only here because your mother asked me too. Let me go, you’re hurting me.”

“And I was not? You left with merely a letter, did not contact again and now you’re back as if nothing happened?”

She succeeded in freeing herself and pushed Yonghwa, “Look at me Yonghwassi, do you think nothing happened to me too?!”, she was trying her might not to scream. She had not had this intense emotion ever since she left 7 years ago. “Though we are both alive, I have been living in guilt all these years!”

“Why should I believe you? You never had remorse Seo Joohyun!”

“And you have never truly loved anyone before Jung Yonghwa! I’m sorry for what happened. I can not change it. I can only say sorry and not see and have anything to do with you again” Her heart was beating fast as a tear fell from her eye. She turned around and ran down the stairs.

 

She bit her lip and covered her face. What was she expecting? That he has forgiven her? That he will welcome her with open arms? Of course not. She knew that this would happen and believe it or not she’s glad. That conversation was long overdue and she just wished that she was able to say sorry more sincerely. She realizes that by the number of tears she’s shedding, she must have not forgotten him. Her heart has not forgotten.

 

 

Yonghwa sat on his desk and pulled out a piece of paper from his drawer. He carefully removed it from the envelope and opened it.

 

Yong Oppa,

I’m sorry. I have no other words but I’m sorry. I never wanted to hurt you but you did hurt me too. All I wanted was for you to atleast like me but I guess I can see now that I’m not likeable. I’m sorry about you and Yunbi. By the way I didn’t do anything to the farm or her family. I’m cancelling our engagement. I have already spoken to my parents and to your parents about it. You’re free oppa. You don’t have to worry about me ruining your plans. You are free to love anyone you want. I promise, you won’t hear anything from me, which leads me to this letter. By the time you read this, I might be gone. I’m leaving for a few months, maybe until I get better. I hope you get better soon too. Don’t worry. I will work on myself. I just hope that when I come back, atleast we can still be friends.  I’m sorry once again oppa.

 

All the best,

Joohyun

And that was it. That was the last time he had heard of her. He tried to contact her but she didn’t answer him. He was surprised when his parents sat him down and handed him the letter. He briefly read it without really understanding it. It was until is mom told him that Joohyun left and that she cancelled the engagement.

He hated her more. Why can’t she face him after what she had done? The situation is a mess, that is a fact and he is partly at fault but how can she just leave like that? Almost all his life his world is forced to revolve around Joohyun and then all of a sudden, she’s gone. He had never known life without her. He hates her, yes, but she was his normal.

He was lost after that. He wanted to understand why it seems like nothing has gone his way and he even broke up with Yubin. He tried to find that balance in other things and people but he just couldn’t find it and that wen on for years. His resentment towards her grew exponentially and he doesn’t even know why. When ajussi told him that Joohyun was upstairs, he had to ask again who was upstairs and the second he laid eyes on her, his mind went blank. The reason why his life was and still is a mess is right in front of him, but looks like she’s not.

He became more confuse at the way she looks and the way she moves. He wanted to run downstairs and ask ajussi again who was he saying was with his grandmother.

Yonghwa buried his head with his hands, his forehead touching the cool wooden table.

I need answers.

 

 

The next day, he was looking at a little post-it note with Joohyun’s schedule. Asan Hospital 8 AM till 3PM. That’s it. That’s all that is written. He frowned and turned the paper to see a nothing. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as he think of what to do the entire day that he’s following her. That’s almost his entire workday. Maybe he should forget about this following thing and just go to work.  As he was trying to figure it out. The Seo’s small gate opened. He was expecting one of the maids to come out but instead he saw Joohyun in her scrubs again. He looked at his watch and it showed 6:45AM. It was a good thing that he decided to wait early. He kept his distance but followed her with his car. She jogged all the way to the first bus stop stopping only once to buy a sandwich at one of the food trucks nearby.

Why didn’t she take her car?

Why didn’t immo or samchon dropped her off?

Why ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter