Chapter 1

Sometime. Somewhere.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

Fuming mad was an understatement to a very sober Seo Joohyun. He promised her that he will be there with her and her friends celebrating her 18th birthday but he was a no show. She tried calling his phone but it was off, she called his home phone and his mom told her that he went out, probably to see her. He promised. Yet he is not there.

“Does he really think I won’t know where he is?” she hissed through her teeth as she grabbed her bag.

“Hey!” Tiffany hollered amidst the blasting sound, “Joohyunah! Where are you going?!” But it fell on deaf ears as the person she was talking to was already out of the door leaving only her credit card to pay for everything.

At 18, Seo Joohyun must have had everything a girl her age could want and even more. She is spoiled rotten not only by her parents but her grandparents on both sides too. Being the first grandchild of Seo Technology International, she’s given everything, she has it even before she needs it. She even has it even if she doesn’t need it. She’s used to everyone doing it her way, and that includes her fiancée Jung Yonghwa.

Jung Yonghwa is the son of one of the directors of Seo Tech. His dad and her dad are best friends since high school. Joohyun grew up only knowing Yonghwa because he would always be around. Even after her sister, Yoona, was born, she won’t play with her but insist on going to her Yong oppa’s house to play.

At the age of 10, she decided that she will marry him. She was very vocal about it. Though she doesn’t know what marriage really is, but the thought of spending every waking hours with him sounds fun. Atleast, he doesn’t have to go home when it’s dinner time and they could play with her PSP all night long. At 13, she had the biggest crush on him. She put-on grown-up girls’ make up going to school and would insist on going to lunch together. At 15, she was a war freak when it comes to him. By now she knew how annoyed he was with her. He confronted her one time and told her to bug-off. She went home crying, called his mom and told her that Yonghwa oppa was being mean to her. He got scolded that night and began to develop this seething displeasure towards her. She would come up to anyone who she heard is having a crush on him and will tell them off. Everyone knew not to piss off Jung Yonghwa’s “girlfriend” or else.

They both grew to be this good looking, high society “couple” in their school, but what confused some was when Yonghwa actually started to court another girl and this made Joohyun mad. She would follow him everywhere, make her presence known. Even his friends are starting to get annoyed because whenever she can’t find him, she would message all of them and call them until he shows up. This went on for years and Joohyun would whine to her parents to arrange her marriage with Yonghwa and of course, they refused.

“Joohyunah, we can give you every material thing in this world but not people. Your Yonghwa oppa is free to choose whoever he wants to marry”

She frowned, “Is he not good enough for you?”

Her dad smiled, “Of course he is! If it’s me, I’d want no one but him, but that’s not how life is sweetheart, marriage needs to be consensus. Both parties need to agree and there should be love between the couple”

“You’re saying no without even asking samchon!”

“You see what’s wrong with your statement?” Her dad asked, “You say it’s your samchon that we should ask, but shouldn’t it be Yonghwa that we be asking if he wants to marry you, lest like you?”

“He will say no now, but eventually he will discover that I’m the one that he really likes not some odd girls from school” she answered while poking her vegetables.

“You’re only 16 Hyun, why are you even asking about marriage?”

She shrugs.

Yoona then looked at her sister and smirked “It’s because Yong oppa is now dating a girl from school and eonnie here is so red jealous that she wanted to make oppa hers even before anyone else does.”

“Shut up!” Joohyun sneered.

Yoona stuck her tongue out and smiled sarcastically.

“Girls, that’s enough” their mom warned them, “finish your dinner.”

Much to Yonghwa’s dismay, in this day and age, they did arrange for his marriage, with Seo Joohyun. He was furious at his parents. Furious at Joohyun, furious at the world. He felt he was a mere commodity and that they never considered his feelings at all. Though he saw a glint of pity at Mr. Seo’s eyes, he knew that it was over for him, so as much as he doesn’t want to embarrass his family, he rebelled. He basically did everything opposite what his parents want him and what Seo Joohyun wants him.

 

 

Joohyun drove furiously in the streets of Seoul not minding the traffic. She’s going as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter